Battlefield 4 leaked details reveal 64 player maps, 3 factions, more
We’ve got an exclusive scoop on some Battlefield 4 features. First of all, it looks like the game will stick with 64 players, and overall, the game appears to be very similar to BF3. If the rumors are true, we’ll be getting some extra features though, most notably: the Commander will return and we’ll get a third faction,
Leaked Battlefield 4 details:
This info comes from the same source who was the first to leak the Battlefield 4 artwork / teaser, and who was also spot on about EA releasing a teaser trailer. So we’re pretty confident in this information.
- Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed.
- Three factions: US, Russia, and an unnamed “Eastern/Asian” faction.
- 4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3
- Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.
- DLC is already in planning stages.
- Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
- Most of the guns andÂ vehiclesÂ from BF3 will return.
- More squad features.
- Commander feature returns, but won’t be the same as in BF2
- Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
- Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
- Will ship with more game modes than BF3
- Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than BF3
- Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
- BF3 will still be supported after Battlefield 4 launches.
- There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
- Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
- Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.
We’ll have to wait and see how things pan out. Battlefield 4 will be unveiled on March 26.