Battlefield 4 release date confirmed in leaked poster

EB Games already has Battlefield 4 promotional material, such as posters, with a "Fall 2013" release date.

Just a day before the Battlefield 4 unveiling at GDC (behind closed doors, of course), we have another major leak: EB Games’ (a popular video game chain in Europe) promotional promotional poster for Battlefield 4 has leaked, showing a pre-order incentive (a pair of real dog tags).

More importantly, the game has been confirmed for release in Fall 2013. Up until now, the release date was always pegged to EA’s “Fiscal 2013”, which actually ends on March 31, 2014. Which meant that there was a slight chance that the Battlefield 4 release date might get pushed to next year.

That’s now looking very unlikely, as retailers — starting with EB Games — are already advertising and promoting the game with a Fall 2013 release date. EB Games and others have likely received posters and promotional material, but are to keep it behind closed doors until Battlefield 4 is unveiled on March 27. The EB Games leak also shows us the first pre-order incentives, in this case, real life dog tags. For BF3, pre-order incentives were usually limited to pieces of in-game content such as a special gun and unlocks.

In either case, check out the poster below. It’s based on the already available Battlefield 4 artwork that we’ve see so many times before. It also appears to be sprinkled with the teaser images we’ve seen over the past few days. Make sure to check out our Battlefield 4 teaser poster analysis as well.

Battlefield 4 release date

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to get the latest Battlefield 4 news and updates!

1. whatever
    March 25th, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Oh great. I bet it will be released around the same time as BF3, meaning it will be a rushed, bug-infested POS with a possible Day 1 patch, Day 1 Premium and probably even Day 1 microtransactions, all that after a 2-3 week rushed “beta test”.

Screw EA, screw Dice. I learned my lesson with BF3. If BF4 will be even remotely similar to its predecessor – which it will be, in order to attract even more CoD kiddies – then I’m out. If I wanted CoD, I’d buy CoD, not Battlefield.

• N-Shifter
      March 25th, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Great another whiny hard done buy FPS player, when something actually happens that you don’t like, moan about it then. Seriously, “half glass full” is the way to be, your life will be so much better once you realise this 🙂

• whatever
        March 26th, 2013 at 1:04 am

How about you learn some English before trying to berate me, eh? That’s probably beyond your abilities, though.

• N-Shifter
          March 26th, 2013 at 8:06 am

Well I apologise if my spelling offended you (you are easily offended so I understand) but I was rushing a reply on an iPod so I’m sure you can understand and forgive? No?
          My issue with you being so negative is that you are slating a game you know very little about, of course it’s going to be similar to BF3 so if you don’t like BF3 then why bother going to a BF4 website to moan about a game you say you won’t buy? Reason being that you WILL buy it and you’re angry at yourself for not having the conviction to stand by your whining, you just like to whine. Guarantee you that you’ll buy BF4, something will happen that you don’t like and then you’ll be sure to tell the whole world how you were correct and how terrible the game is.

• Endymion72
      March 26th, 2013 at 12:50 am

Why are you even on this website? Go cry somewhere else.

• whatever
        March 26th, 2013 at 1:01 am

I’m here because I have just as much of a right to express a negative opinion. If you don’t like it, you can whine about it elsewhere. No matter where you go, there WILL be negative opinions about BF4, because – as much as you probably don’t believe it – there ARE some people who were disappointed in BF3.

If you don’t like negative opinions, may I suggest turning off your computer and modem?

• WOOT FTW
          March 26th, 2013 at 8:02 am

The problem isn’t YOUR negative comment, but the fact that all negative comments are the same. They all include COD and they all say screw DICE/EA. They all say the same thing! We have all seen our fair share of complaints everywhere. Be it Youtube, BF3BLOG, BF4central, Battlefield 3 forums, etc. The more you complain, the less one cares about it. It’s just normal. Don’t expect change. It’s a businness now, the game is just a secondary feature.

• Pancake
          March 26th, 2013 at 9:15 am

The problem isn’t that your unhappy with battlefield 3 (and 4 already even though it’s not out) is that you decide to assume things about the game when all they have released I’d pictures and 5 second clips. If you still hate it after you play it or they release a lot more information on the game before you say they are turning into call of duty…. And I understand you have a right to say something but why do it where you know almost everyone is not going to be happy with your opinion.