What can we expect from Battlefield 4 Premium?

With Battlefield 4 getting a Premium service, what can we expect to get this time around?

EA had huge success with its Premium service, selling over 3 million Premium subscriptions to BF3 players. With those kinds of sales numbers (which translates into $150 million in extra revenue), it was pretty certain that we would be getting a Battlefield 4 Premium service. And EA and DICE have confirmed just that: a Battlefield 4 Premium service is in the works, and should be available at launch.

Battlefield 4 PremiumBut what can we expect from a Battlefield 4 Premium service? We think DICE might have more in store for us other than free DLC and expansions. For BF3, DICE had plenty of goodies for players, and we expect them to expand on this. Here’s what Premium members got last time:

• 5 expansion packs (including Back to Karkand)
  • Double XP weekends
  • More Battlelog features
  • New assignments and awards
  • Strategy guides, videos, and other content
  • Dog tags, weapon skins, and other items.

It’s widely expected that Battlefield 4 Premium will include similar content as mentioned on the above list, but what else can we expect? One thing gamers would appreciate would be new soldier skins that really stand out. Just like weapons, having different camo for soldiers and perhaps even vehicles would make Premium players really stand out.

Battlefield 4 DLCTaking things a step further, it wouldn’t be out of the question for Premium members to have access to exclusive weapons which can only be obtained through a Premium purchase. Other areas where Battlefield 4 players with a Premium subscription could get an advantage could be “expanded” game features. For example, Premium members could get expanded squad sizes to play with more friends. Of course, we’re just spit-balling here — there’s no indication that Battlefield 4 Premium would include such a feature. But it makes sense to give Premium members something more for their money.

In terms of new content, we know that Battlefield 4 downloadable content is already in the planning stages. DICE has confirmed the first Battlefield 4 DLC, called “Drone Strike Expansion“. However, you won’t need Premium for this, as Drone Strike will be included for free if you pre-order the game on Origin and at other retailers. Recently, we reported that a popular BF2 map was in early design stages for Battlefield 4 and could be released in a future DLC.

Either way, we expect DICE to up the ante with Battlefield 4 Premium and give gamers more worth for their money. Which brings us to the price. BF3 Premium retailed for $50, and we doubt EA will raise the price. Any price raise would result in outrage from the community, most of whom believed that $50 was too much to begin with. But then again, most Battlefield 4 players would probably get Premium anyway, despite the “outrage”.

What would you like to see added to Battlefield 4 Premium? And how much would you pay for the service? Let us know in the comment section!

TAGS:

1. James
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I will wait for the PS4 and buy BF4 for the next gen console.
    As for how much I will pay for premium, it will have to be ridiculous for me not to buy it. Even at that I’ll buy it anyway.

2. Plakman
    April 12th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Just the usual for me tbh,
    Expanded squad size and “special weapon upgrades” are unthinkable for me.

I don’t want extra advantages to “f2p” players just cause i have premium.
    aka bf play 4 free…

And imo, all i want is wake island dlc 🙂

3. abdu
    April 12th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Premium members should be able to get battlerecorder and just exclusive things from Battlefield2 i mean the list goes on, commander for premium? Motion sensors (BFBC2) for premium? just throwing things out there

• whatever
      April 13th, 2013 at 3:19 am

Are you kidding? Essentials like Battlerecorder should be available for everyone!

4. whatever
    April 13th, 2013 at 3:31 am

I really don’t think the Premium service for BF4 will be any different from what we got in BF3.

– I’m sure that everyone who pre-orders BF4 and gets ‘A’ Premium expansion pack will have to pay for it again, should they purchase Premium.

– Assignments will probably force players way TOO MUCH out of their comfort zone (why should I play SQTDM or CQDOM for a goddamn gun?) for very small rewards.

– I can’t wait to get some cool BF4 wallpapers as my bonus content, though, and a few measly dog tags! Hooah?

– DICE will create a few weapon camos (or reuse those in BF3), but they won’t be available for every weapon, no….just the ones DICE thinks ‘deserve’ it. Then the same camos will get reused over and over again. Cheap.

– Strategy guides and videos never showed me anything I couldn’t figure out by myself.

– If they REALLY want to give us an incentive to get it, why not give Premium players the ability to create and manage more than one soldier?

– Giving us the ability to COMPLETELY reset our stats (including ranks and everything we unlocked) and start fresh would also be nice.

– Battlerecorder and spectator mode, however, should be available to everyone from the start. This way, even if a potential cheater resets their stats, we’d still stand a chance at catching them with the aforementioned tools.

Yes, saving a few $$$ and getting all expansion packs was nice, but DICE promised the community more than what we got in the end. Also, let’s not forget, that DLC almost completely segregated the community, and a lot of people went back to playing the vanilla maps (no matter the game mode) within a few weeks after their release.

The guys at DICE really need to put themselves together if they want to score with the community. Then again, this is DICE we’re talking about, and they’re backed by the company which was chosen as the worst company in America twice in a row – EA.

5. Pklemy
    April 20th, 2013 at 1:06 am

I like the idea of skins etc and being able to customise clothing or vehicles as it is a bonus that does give an advantage. I will probably get Premium but I shouldn’t be at a disadvantage if I don’t.
    I like the assignments but after completing them I’d rather have something I can use more often. Currently I’ve just unlocked camo’s for guns I never use 🙂

6. Rami
    May 7th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I pre ordered battle field 4 because of the primium pack and I think it is worth it I also hope there to be exclusive weapons in the primium pack

7. Isaac
    May 20th, 2013 at 1:50 am

They make u pay for things twice pre order and get an expansion then buy it again with premium “quality” I owened it on Xbox and playstation bolloccccks should I buy premium 2 times e.a are destroying battlefield and selling us out to create next generation cod they need to get back to gameplay and listen to the veterans that have got them to where they are now ea tut tut

8. FlyingPigy
    May 23rd, 2013 at 8:18 am

Will you get the premium if you pre-order battlefield 4 digital deluxe, or wil you still only get one expansion pack?