DICE to work on new Star Wars game with Frostbite 3

EA gets Star Wars game license, and DICE will be one of the studios developing the games.

DICE Star Wars game
EA and Disney announced yesterday that EA will be getting the Star Wars license to make games. EA revealed that its major studios, including Battlefield 4 developer DICE, will be working on Star Wars games.

Furthermore, the new Star Wars games will be built using the Frostbite 3 engine, which powers Battlefield 4 (and the upcoming Mass Effect and Dragon Age).

Since EA just got the license, it means that the first DICE Star Wars game is probably a few years away. DICE’s multiplayer expertise could be used for a Star Wars multiplayer shooter, something like the canceled Battlefront 3.

We don’t know how this will affect the Battlefield franchise. DICE’s plans after Battlefield 4 are unknown, besides supporting the game with DLC and patches, etc.

The first thing that comes into our mind when we think “DICE” and “Star Wars” is a BF2142 like game set in the Star Wars universe. A futuristic multiplayer shooter. Now that would be something 🙂

What would you love to see from a DICE Star Wars game? Let us know in the comments section!

1. Jesus
    May 7th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I think this is going to be like MOH and Battlefield year by year, Meaning BF is going to come one year, And then Star wars the other year, Similar to the COD 2 year cycle, I really think star wars will be great with DICE as the developer, Dice is really great at multiplayer but no that great at Single player, But star wars is a different story, Star wars put all the things needed to DICE hands so they can make a really good multiplayer and single player game.

2. whatever
    May 7th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Just another franchise for EA to milk to death and run into the ground.

R.I.P. Star Wars.

• N-Shifter
      May 7th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Nice negativity, thank you so much for sharing.

• D'oh
        May 8th, 2013 at 3:39 am

Yeah he’s totally speculating, no truth behind it!

It was only true for Command and Conquer and SimCity, won’t happen with this because dunno, I’m sure!

Look at Battlefield, they only simplified the game half way through and created Looks-like-it’s-a-good-deal-Premium, there is even more room for improvement.. it will take time for them to recreate BF in a greater Image, until then, maybe a new, good Star Wars game may slip by unnoticed 😉

• lol whut
      May 7th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

You mean like what’s been done with the Star Wars franchise in general?

3 movies was enough…

3. ai
    May 7th, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Wow I was thinking imagine frostbite on battlefront 3 and battlefront1 and 2 made me like vehcle games dat y I like bf hope they make it

4. ai
    May 7th, 2013 at 10:20 pm

When I was thinking this I ne
    ver knew or expected frostbite to be it

5. Endymion72
    May 8th, 2013 at 4:59 am

God I hope DICE makes Battlefront 3… That would be beautiful. Though if that were to happen we’d have to kiss 2143 goodbye…

• j
      May 8th, 2013 at 9:04 am

I agree they should make battlefront 3 battlefront 12 was brilliant games that y I started liking these kind of games brought me to battlefield

• sunnysnipe
      May 12th, 2013 at 11:12 pm

We’ll EA has more then one developer, so theirs hope.

6. sandman
    May 9th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Republic commando 2 please.