Battlefield 4 is the most pre-ordered next-gen game

BF4 tops the pre-order charts for next gen systems -- the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Battlefield 4 Xbox OneBattlefield 4 is currently the most pre-ordered PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game. It’s outselling not only its main rival, Call of Duty Ghosts, but also the first party launch titles from Sony and Microsoft.

According to the latest pre-order charts from VGChartz, Battlefield 4 is pre-ordered more than the PS4 launch titles such as Killzone Shadow Fall, and Microsoft titles such as Forza Motorsport 5. Suffice to say, there is huge anticipation around Battlefield 4 at this point.

Thanks to a successful E3, pre-orders have rocketed at GameStop and Amazon. The success was so great at Amazon, that they chose to bundle Battlefield 4 with some of the PlayStation 4 pre-orders.

Battlefield will launch on October 29, and pre-orders have been available for months now. A special Deluxe version includes access to the Battlefield 4 beta, which will also be available to all BF3 Premium members. BF4’s main rival this Fall, Call of Duty Ghosts, launches just a week later, so competition will be immense, just as it was in 2011 between BF3 and Modern Warfare 3.

Have you pre-ordered Battlefield 4 yet? What was your deciding factor in pre-ordering? Let us know in the comments section!

1. Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
    June 28th, 2013 at 11:13 am

“BF4′s main rival this Fall, Call of Duty Ghosts, launches just a week later”

I don’t mean to sound pessimistic but that doesn’t sound promising. The same thing happened with BF3, DICE in a interview even said they didn’t have time to completely finish BF3 do to this whole “lol release bf3 before cod”. They had to go as far as taking shortcuts just to get it out the door in time.

I was hoping who ever is pushing for a early release for the sole purpose of beating CoD by one week would of learned their lesson the first time around; bad things happen to your game when you rush your developers.

Regardless, in my opinion the game seems to be shaping up pretty well even in alpha stage but I’d rather wait to see the final product before buying it.

• WOOT FTW
      June 28th, 2013 at 11:49 am

Yep and we had a day one patch and in return we got even more glitches. I think it took maybe around 6 months until the technical gltiches were fixed.

• Brandon
        June 28th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Yes, unfortunately. The public beta was actually the alpha, the retail release was actually the beta, and then a year later the game was mostly fixed. They cannot repeat that again, not that it was DICE’s fault. Guaranteed EA slapped that static release date on them.

• mohammad
        June 29th, 2013 at 6:11 am

nah…. there are still some glitches they hadn’t even fixed by their patches for example operation metro walls glitches in point B & C .

• Mike
      June 29th, 2013 at 12:03 pm

But with BF3 they were developing the frostbite 2 engine and the game at the same time, this time round i assume they were smarter and if i’m not mistaken they announced the release date before CoD Ghosts did so it’s not like they were under pressure to release first or anything…

• Killzone VII
        June 30th, 2013 at 11:28 am

Yes but CoD has launched in the first (sometimes second) week of November every year for the past, what, 8 years? Not exactly difficult to predict. Battlefield 3 launched October 25th, 2011, Call of Duty: MW3 launched on November 8th, 2011, just 2 weeks later. Then the vigorous patching process began and it took about 6 months to get BF3 in a working state that didn’t feel like a beta. Me personally, I don’t understand why they just don’t release Battlefield in Spring, about 3-4 months after CoD releases when people get bored and want a new FPS to play, I think they would not only get more sales but also the games would be more polished resulting in less outrage over the whole “stop releasing an unfinished product just to compete with CoD” thing.

• FuntimeBen
      July 3rd, 2013 at 7:41 am

While I’m sure they are rushing BF4 out the door, from reviews of the E3 multiplayer DICE have used all their tweaks from BF3 for gun play. I doubt we will have the same patch-fest we had in BF3 for guns. Vehicles and destructibility balancing is another matter all together.

Remember the IR scope being used on every gun? Or the MAV elevator glitch? Or the Famas being super powered? Ah the good ol days!

2. Zalmrocks
    June 28th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Sure the launch wasn’t that good. But it was playable, and good enough for me. The only problem is the netcode, I hope they Will fix that!

• meny82
      June 29th, 2013 at 5:21 am

To see the aplha, the netcode seems identical.

• NoeraZ
        October 3rd, 2013 at 9:38 am

They have confirmed that they have been working on a better netcode, and will keep doing this until it’s as good as they can make it.

Dice did however ask us to understand that they are the only ones that make this “large scale all out warfare thing” and that other developers don’t want to make due to the netcode problems

3. KaCeDog
    June 28th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

So what are the numbers on pre-orders for PS4, Xbox One, and PC?

4. Mike Hunt
    June 28th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Will the PS4 be out on October 29th?

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
      June 29th, 2013 at 1:58 am

Currently there seems to be no official release date yet other than Sony saying “Holiday 2013″.

Halloween isn’t technically a holiday so my guess is BF4 will be coming out before the new consoles.

5. Tyrane
    June 28th, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Even over GTA 5?

• Jr
      June 28th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Read again. Next-gen game

6. ||LVLCAP||
    June 29th, 2013 at 6:22 am

I’m glad to see that Battlefield is finally becoming so popular!
    Let’s get in on the action!

7. RizzKi11
    June 29th, 2013 at 10:16 pm

My Questions are

1) will xbox 360 players play against xbox one players?

2) can i play my xbox 360 version on xbox one at a later date?

cheers

• WOOT FTW
      June 30th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

1. Great idea! I wish developers would explore that idea more. My dad is best on a PC and I wish I could play with him on my Xbox 360. But if they could cross play systems for online gaming, which would be great since my friends are staying on Xbox 360, they would’ve already annouced that as a huge selling point for BF4 and other games.

2. The Xbox One isn’t backwards compatible, so no.

• FuntimeBen
      July 3rd, 2013 at 7:36 am

no and no. Unfortunately your 360 and One are considered 2 different consoles and achievements, rank of your player, even maps will not be transferrable between the consoles. Also, as you can imagine that the 360 version of Battlefield 4 will also be scaled back compared to the next-gen versions, so player counts 64 (XB1 & PS4) vs. 24 (360 & PS3) wouldn’t match up for multiplayer.

The 360 version will also not have the same destruction shown during E3 so map cap points could be different as well, like they are on current-gen consoles. Basically BF4 will look like BF3 on current-gen consoles.

That is why I am moving to PS4. I want that sweet, sweet 64 player destructible environment action!

• Ninjah!
      September 12th, 2013 at 3:14 am

The 360 version would definitly not because that would only support half of what the one would support so it wouldnt work.

• Siinrod
        September 29th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I think that your battlelog stats from examplbe 360 will be transfered to your xbox one, I think I read it somewhere.. hmm

8. Lovejeet
    June 30th, 2013 at 1:35 am

Way to go Battlefiled 4 , COD sucks bigtime now . the franchisee has gone down the drains .

• Killzone VII
      June 30th, 2013 at 11:38 am

I’ve been a big fan of CoD since CoD2 and I can honestly say that I’m tired of the series, and can definitely see it dying with the Next-Gen competition that is all shaping up to be better than Ghosts. Halo 5, Battlefield 4, and Titanfall are all First Person Shooters that will run at….. (drumroll) 60 FRAMES PER SECOND! Gasp! Isn’t that what CoD’s main selling point is? And what they were bragging about along with their “AI Fish” for their “Next Gen Game”? I’ll still get the Ghosts, but mainly for the SP this time. Battlefield 4 will easily fill my taste for FPS’s until Titanfall and Halo 5 come out, and then some. I’m genuinely excited for Next Gen and actually ANTICIPATING the fall of CoD.

• WOOT FTW
        June 30th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I’m the same way. It keeps getting more and more disappointing each year.

9. phobia
    June 30th, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Well honestly the only games that got my interest this E3 were in a different (sub)genre than BF4 and most of them had a 2014 release date, namely The Witcher 3, The Division (hopefully it is coming to PC as well), Watch Dogs and Thief.
    So I’m not surprised that BF4 pre-orders are doing well.

10. zaxa
    June 30th, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I think Battlefield 4 will sell 16 Million units.

11. sparky
    July 1st, 2013 at 3:49 am

When cod3 was out for ps3 i played the crap out of it. One of my favorite games. Capture the flag on it was really fun. Then cod4 which was greatness of course. Waw was awesome with introduction of zombies. Mw2 is where i gave up lol. Tood game but all after that was meh. I dont know if they used any capture the flag for cod after 3 but when the bf3 pack had it was quite suprised. Variety if game modes aanndd large maps is where it should be.

12. Jesse
    July 1st, 2013 at 9:32 am

My deciding factor is whether it will have bots just like the games from Battlefield 1942 – Battlefield 2142. If so then I will preorder the game and get Premium for the Xbox One.

• FuntimeBen
      July 3rd, 2013 at 9:31 am

DICE has already confirmed during E3 that multiplayer will not have bots, but also hinted at a possible training area for guns and vehicles which might contain bots.

However, there will be “cloud” integration on both the PS4 and the XB1 which allows “sea battles” to use wave simulations which is the same for every player.

• David
        August 18th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

13. Eoin
    July 4th, 2013 at 6:16 am

If I get bf4 for the 360 and eventually get it for the xbox one can I continue my progression on the xbox one from where I left off on the 360?

• Ninjah!
      September 12th, 2013 at 3:17 am

Yes. Just like FIFA 14

14. Alyss
    July 9th, 2013 at 5:23 am

I’ve been a bf since bf2 and I’m glad they are adding features that should of been in bf3 this is an absolute must get no matter what!!!