Battlefield 4 runs at 60 fps on Xbox One, new map pack revealed

BF4 will run at 60 frames per second on the Xbox One, and will be getting a timed-exclusive map pack

Xbox One Battlefield 4

During Microsoft’s E3 press conference, DICE developers took stage, and after a few hiccups, they showed a brand new Battlefield 4 singleplayer mission. It took place at a destroyed aircraft carrier, and looked pretty awesome over all (we’ll have a video soon). DICE also revealed that the Xbox One will be getting a timed exclusive map pack called “Second Assault“. We don’t know how long the timed exclusive will be — BF3 DLC had a few weeks of head start on the PS3.

DICE also confirmed that the Xbox One version will run at 60 frames per second, which means that the PS4 version will likely run at 60 fps as well. The E3 press conference kicks off in a few hours, where we’ll get a sneak peak at the first Battlefield 4 multiplayer footage, and some new details about the game. Later tonight, Sony will have its E3 press event, where we could very well see Battlefield 4 running on the PS4.

Stay tuned!

Update: we’ve got a video:

TAGS: ,

1. Adam
    June 10th, 2013 at 11:22 am

In the top right corner of the gameplay it shows a backspace button to go to Battlelog…. So the gameplay is actually PC…?

2. WOOT FTW
    June 10th, 2013 at 11:28 am

3:18 Holy smokes! That’s 3 different sight options there! I hope that is in multiplayer! I prefer attachments over weapons any day.

• WOOT FTW
      June 10th, 2013 at 11:29 am

oh never mind. I didn’t relize those were 2 different weapons. My bad!

3. WOOT FTW
    June 10th, 2013 at 11:32 am

I like this trailer a lot more than the first one.

4. sysfckr
    June 10th, 2013 at 11:47 am
  5. Charles
    June 10th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

It was on a PC, not Xbox One.

6. Charliezinhu
    June 10th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Official video from Battlefield channel is out 😉

• Winzicot
      June 10th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Thanks for the vid but seriously why that face?

7. Ethan Morris
    June 10th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Do they realize that the PS4 will easily beat the Xbox One in performance?

• Bob
      June 10th, 2013 at 2:36 pm

First off, that’s not at all true. Look I’m no fanboy, but the ps4 will not “easily beat” the xbox. They have very similar specs. Secondly just because your getting a ps4 doesn’t mean you need to complain about this

• Tenzing
        June 10th, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Actually PS4 has a slightly better GPU (equivalent to the 7850) than the X1 (equivalent to the 7790). PS4 has faster RAM than the X1. PS4 uses 1gb of RAM for OS and 7gb for games. X1 uses 3gb of RAM for OS and 5gb for games (later in life this might be a problem). As for the CPU, I heard they are both 8 core tablet cpus. PS4=$399 (probably cause it doesn’t include the fing Kinect BS) X1=$499.

• Matt
          June 11th, 2013 at 9:25 am

Look, I’m not bashing the ps4 and yes I think the graphics and performance will be better on ps4, but the difference will be marginal at best just like how it is now with 360 and ps3. Xbox has a lot of very popular exclusives and a more active and vocal user base. That’s why I’ll be getting an Xbox one, because all my friends will be getting it and It will have more games. However I completely agree with you on the kinect thing, I have absolutely no desire to own a kinect and I shouldn’t have to pay extra for one, that’s ridiculous.

• Tenzing
            June 11th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Look, I’m not blocking you to get a X1. But, that flawed logic. Just because last gen was similar (even though it wasn’t, in terms of 1st party games), doesn’t mean this gen will be similar. The RAM and GPU is gonna play a big part later down the console lifespan, when devs needs to squeeze every bit of performance.

8. Davide
    June 12th, 2013 at 9:14 am

Sorry but ps4 is lowest than xbox about performance because cloud computing make xbox one more powerfull than a ps4.

9. Jeremiah
    June 14th, 2013 at 11:46 am

Even though xbox has less ram the ps4 will actually stuggle in the future due to the fact that it wont be able to free up ram due to no cloud system. so actually in the future xbox one wouldnt even need those 7gb of ram because of the cloud. so good try sony.