List of details revealed by Battlefield 4 alpha screenshots
Earlier today, a huge pile of Battlefield 4 multiplayer alpha screenshots leaked. The screenshots reveal a game that’s very much in the early stages, but they also reveal some brand new details about the game. Some new weapons and vehicles, some new specializations and features, and more. We’ve compiled a full list of all the new details revealed:
New Battlefield 4 features
- The alpha screenshots are from the Xbox 360 version
- New Asian weapons were revealed, such as the Chinese QBU-88 sniper rifle and the Singapore-made U-100 light machine gun.
- Different types of scopes, including 14X optical, ACOG, red dot, and more.
- The “Cougar MRAP” vehicle was spotted instead of the usual Humvee
- Specializations are categorized as “offensive” and “defensive”
- Squads hold 5 players now.
- Battlefield 4 Battlepacks are confirmed
- The map shown was called “Siege” and took place in Shanghai
- Still four classes: Assault, Recon, Support, and Engineer
- Tanks (M1 Abrams) seem to have limited ammo this time
- Tanks will have different shell options just like in BF3
- Battlefield 4 dog tags will return
- Grenades can be selected — maybe indication of different grenades
- Primary, secondary weapon slots + 2 gadget slots
- Different camo options
- Commo rose command interface will be available on consoles
- Map could be part of the Battlefield 4 China Rising DLC, as the map appears to be set in Shanghai and includes some Chinese weapons as well
See anything we’ve missed in the screenshots? Share with us in the comments section!