List of new Battlefield 4 multiplayer details
Battlefield 4 was extensively showcased at E3 yesterday, where 64 players participated in matches all day long. And during the live stream of those matches, we got a lot more multiplayer details, such as new features, weapons, vehicles, and more. Above all, China is now confirmed as one of the Battlefield 4 factions. We’ve compiled a list of all the confirmed additions/features/changes added to Battlefield 4:
Infantry gameplay / weapons
- Pistols: Secondary weapons (pistols) can now be customized with attachments such as flashlights and silences — no more different versions of the same guns as in BF3.
- Grenades: several types of grenades can now be equipped besides regular explosive grenades. Flashbangs, smoke grenades, and incendiary grenades were spotted.
- Gadgets: there are two gadget slots and they are shared for all gadgets in the class, meaning that you can fully customize what you want in those two slots.
- Recon class now features the “motion ball” sensor from Bad Company 2, and the Recon also carries C4 this time.
- Main weapons can be equipped with two sights — a scope and iron sights.
- Grips: there are several new weapon grips in the game, such as angled grip, in addition to the fore-grip, etc.
- Knives: there are different knives in the game, such as a shank knife, the regular Ka-Bar, and more.
- Knife attacks can be countered/blocked.
- Suppression is toned down for all weapons except machine guns.
- Water: players can now shoot while in water, and they can sprint as well. Players can dive underwater as well.
- Ammo / Med kit: there are two types of ammo and med kits now, the larger ones which constantly heal/resupply, and smaller ones that instantly heal/resupply, but are used up immediately by the soldier.
- VOIP will be availble on PC in-game.
- Battlefield 4 squads now include 5 players.
- Spectator mode is confirmed.
- Chinese faction confirmed.
- All-new voice acting for multiplayer characters.
- Reloading: if you reload a clip before its empty, you lose the bullets in the clip.
- New weapons confirmed (among others): AT4 rocket launcher, RPG-7, Stinger, M320, Saiga-12K, P90, M4, M416, and Scout Elite.
- “Perks” are given to squads depending on how well they’re playing.
- New vehicle disabling feature. It’s now based on where the vehicle is hit.
- Tires can be shot out, making it harder to steer and operate a vehicle.
- Battlefield 4 helicopters now get night vision.
- Chinese Type 99 main battle tank confirmed.
- Chinese WZ-10 attack helicopter confirmed.
- The Battlefield 4 commander doesn’t count towards overall player count, so it’s 64 players + 2 commanders.
- Mobile Commander can only be played on tablets such as iPad — no phones are supported.
- Commander can use a mini-screen to see what every soldier on the map is seeing.
- Commander can give orders to squad leaders, who can accept or refuse the order