Use a second monitor as mini-map in Battlefield 4

PC gamers will be able to use their second monitor to display a minimap and other game details.

Battlefield 4 tablet screen

Last week DICE revealed a brand new Battlelog for Battlefield 4 via a new trailer. And in that trailer, it was revealed that console gamers could use their tablets for a secondary screen experience. An iPad was shown to be running a minimap while the main game was in progress on the TV. However, there was no news of a similar battlefield 4 feature for PC gamers.

But PC gamers running a dual monitor setup will be able to use the secondary monitor as a minimap and “Battlescreen”, which includes the minimap and other details about the game. In fact you’ll be able to use any second screen on your network as a minimap. For example, you can use your laptop for the minimap while playing the game on your main PC.

While it hasn’t been confirmed yet, it’s likely possible that tablets such as iPads will also be usable as minimaps and Battlescreens for PC gamers. DICE is fully embracing the second screen gameplay experience, with the Battlefield 4 Commander feature being playable entirely on an iPad, while other players on the team are using PCs (or consoles).

But we’re glad that we can finally use our second monitors in Battlefield 4 — it’s been too long where developers never took real advantage of dual monitor setups in games.

TAGS:

1. Mike
    July 27th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Time to bring out the ctr in the garage!

2. DerpyKnowsBest
    July 28th, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I’ll just use my laptop. :I

3. Lucas
    July 28th, 2013 at 7:27 pm

So you’ll be able to use this mini map in snap mode on Xbox?

4. Soldier4343
    August 18th, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Why even bother with consoles lol ^^^.

5. SigShooter
    September 2nd, 2013 at 10:20 pm

So does this mean that if using a laptop or tablet, there will be no additional GPU overhead on the main PC?

6. JimmyMG
    October 29th, 2013 at 9:49 am

Would it also work on the ipad mini??

7. Dan
    December 2nd, 2013 at 5:05 am

Haha finally did something with it?! Jesus christ i was asking about this when battlefield back to karkand came out. Don’t get me wrong the destructible terrain was a much needed edition to compete with COD but i mean i honestly had more faith that BF companies have an easier accessibility adding in new features. The second screen is great. I have 5 screens so one down 1 more to go. I think player weapons perks and voice chat/txt chat should be on the other one. Maybe throw in vehicle perks and armor rating/advantages disadvantages even tho your experienced player looks over this it’d be a great look to an already amazing game! I am currently only have the beta version ;/ i know Im lacking way behind but im on a college budget and family is broke with 5 bros and sisters. Im just glad i was selected for the beta! I cant wait to see more of this awesome game. I wish I could converse more of my ideas to a source rather then to the open air! Keep up the fantastic work!!! BF4 is keeping PC games alive!!! Blizzard you are falling way WAY behind…. Diablo 3 nothing like Diablo 2 completely devastated my faith in them but anyways BF4 you have successfully dominated the FPS in every round i applaud you and would donate everything i have to see more of these great ideas come alive!!!! I hope to hear from yall soon ima try and have some extra money with the holiday hours picking up so i can get my copy! uhg words cant describe it lol cant even watch game play on youtube let alone my brother or my friends play!!
    o well its def saving my college career but not being able to afford the latest and greatest technology!!

• hshd
      December 30th, 2013 at 8:10 am

Broke, with 5 screens and a computer that can run by4? Prioritize bud

8. Patches
    January 19th, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Lame. Only works for XBox One and PS4 clients. If they’re trying to convince me to go out and buy a XBO, they’re not doing a very good job.

But hey, at least I can change my loadout and join servers with the app… Just like I can already do on my 360! Yeah! -_-