Battlefield 4 to support custom emblems on vehicles?

According to new reveals from the alpha, BF4 will support custom Platoon emblems on vehicles

Battlefield 4 emblemAccording to recent revelations from the Battlefield 4 alpha trial, players will be able to not only customize vehicles with camos, but also decals and emblems from their Platoons.

This image from the alpha trial shows a tank and a helicopter with a custom decal on its armor, which likely corresponds to the platoon emblem the player is in. DICE has already confirmed that weapons and vehicles will feature different camouflage options, and the decals seem to be taking the customization to another level.

In Battlelog, players can create and join Platoons, which can be customized with player-made emblems. For Battlefield 4, these emblems now appear to be displayed in-game as well. At least on vehicles. Of course, since these are user-generated, there’s always the risk of offensive material making its way into the game.

It’s unknown whether the decals will be limited to vehicles, or whether players will be able to apply them to weapons and their soldiers as well. So far it looks like Battlefield 4 will be getting a lot more customization options than the previous game in the series, which is always a good thing.

Recently, DICE revealed the new Battlelog for Battlefield 4, which brings a slew of new features and additions to the game.

TAGS:

1. WOOT FTW
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:30 am

But I’m not in a platoon :/

2. TylerAD
    July 26th, 2013 at 11:51 am

So is there another alpha test going on (if so, any info)? Or just older information making light?

3. McBfield
    July 26th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I don’t want to see it on players and guns but i think on vehicles its badass

4. Richy G
    July 26th, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Dafuq?

Get ready for boob’s and penis’s emblems EVERWHERE!

• BlindSpider11
      July 26th, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Highly unlikely. The emblems on that Abrams and Venom appear to be similar to the ‘Platoon’ emblems on Battlelog. While you can create the emblems and add layers, etc. it is not as easy to make inappropriate emblems as you may think with the editor.

All in all, I am very impressed with all of the awesome new customization tools DICE is delivering with Battlefield 4.

5. McBfield
    July 27th, 2013 at 8:30 am

I think that the majority of the battlefield community will want to create serious, cool looking emblems, especially if it represents the whole platoon. All I know is that when I’m tearing up the skies in my helicopter, I want a skull or shark on my vehicle, not a penis

6. TheHippotail
    July 27th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I hope I can put that badass shark mouth emblem from Vietnam on the nose my jets and helicopters