Battlefield 4 will allow progress transfer from current to next-gen

Start playing on current gen consoles and transfer your progress to next gen.

Battlefield 4 progress transfer
EA has confirmed that players will be able to transfer their multiplayer progress and premium content from current generation consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360) to next-gen systems (PS4 and Xbox One).

In other words, if players start out on the PS3 and later upgrade to the PS4, they can transfer their multiplayer stats, ranks, awards, and unlocks to the new platform. Of course, they’ll have to purchase the PS4 version of Battlefield 4.

EA also confirmed that Battlefield 4 will be getting a Premium subscription, which will also be transferable from current to next gen. In order to transfer the progress and content, an EA Origin ID is needed, in addition to the required PlayStation and Xbox accounts.

Do you plan on playing Battlefield 4 on current generation systems, or do you plan on getting an Xbox One or PS4? Or are you a PC gamer like us? Let us know in the comments section!

And be sure to follow BF4Central on Twitter and like us on Facebook for all the latest BF4 news and updates!

1. joe
    August 16th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

PS4. Already have my ps4 paid off as well as my battlefield 4. Its gonna be bad ass

2. BFk1w1
    August 16th, 2013 at 5:31 pm

If the stats transfer is optional then i may still get a copy on ps3 if not then i’ll wait for the ps4 version.
    The idea of premium being cross-gen is a great idea but the stats transfer doesn’t make sense to me due to the difference in player count

3. Ecoli
    August 16th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I second that. PS4 all the way.

PC’S are awesome, but I just cant justify shelling out the cash every year.

I’m looking forward to the remote mortars!

battlefield battle log post: “Yes, there will definitely be mortars in Battlefield 4! A redesigned, remote-controlled Mortar will allow Support players to give indirect fire support while staying with the squad.”

Thanks for the great info on this site.

• Pressure
      August 17th, 2013 at 1:34 am

“Shelling out the cash every year” – You’re ignorant. You don’t need to upgrade or purchase ANY additions to a rig every year. The increase in system requirements is so gradual, that you won’t need to upgrade for several years unless you want to max out every single game. Which, I don’t believe you do, since you’re playing on a console.

• phobia
      August 17th, 2013 at 4:53 am

Why do people always think you have to upgrade on a yearly basis?
      Especially CPU wise you can still game just fine on a LGA 1366 platform from late 2008. You only need to replace the graphics card every 2 to 3 years if you want to game on high details.
      PC gaming is as expensive as you want to make it, and besides most households got a PC already so you only need to put in a decent graphics card.

4. Dominic
    August 16th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

If you could transfer stats from pc to next gen or stat share between next gen and pc than they would have something. I play pc but none of my friends can afford one. So I play both. One account with the same progression regardless of what platform your on, now that would be something to get excited about. But we know that’ll never happen

5. Dave
    May 6th, 2014 at 11:21 am

i was looking for someone to mention about this. i used to have xbox360 and bf4 PREMIUM,now im back on my pc and i would like to transfer my 360 bf4 premium to my pc version.cuz im not gonna buy it again.