Battlefield 4 features over 130 weapon camos

Player can chose between 130+ camos in 8 different camo classes

Battlefield 4 weapon camos
DICE is placing a big emphasis on weapons and vehicle camos in Battlefield 4 — to the point where it seems quite unrealistic. Judging by the customization screenshots from GamesCom, players will have access to over 130 weapon camos in Battlefield 4.

Now, most of those 100 camos appear to be very similar — they feature the same colors and patterns, where only the patterns are placed differently. But there are some quite interesting camos out there, including a red one called “crimson tiger”, and a orange one that’ll surely stand out, called “fire fighter”.

There are 8 different camo classes in the game, and each class has many variations of the same camo. Here’s the list of the 8 main camo classes:

• Misc
  • Adaptive
  • Autumn
  • Desert
  • Naval
  • Snow
  • Urban
  • Woodland

DICE added weapon camos in BF3 with some of the expansion pack, but the cutomization level is nowhere near what’s available in Battlefield 4. We’re not sure if vehicles in the game will have as many camos, but DICE did confirm that players will be able to make their own emblems to place on weapons and vehicles.

Hopefully players will be able to save weapon and vehicle camos for each map, so that we don’t have to spend half an hour setting up camos before each match. It’s expected that only a portion of the camos will be available from the get go, while the rest will have to unlocked.

Check out the camos in the screenshots below:

1. WunderKatze
    August 26th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

2. Sparky
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

This is great news, the more customization the better. I would play the game without but with all those added camo, hell i will be interested in what my gun looks like a bit more.

3. mohammad
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:24 pm

desert , urban & woodland for me & hopefully there will be digital colors .

4. WOOT FTW
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

All I want is an all black camo and an all tan camo. Life’s good.

5. totenkopfff
    August 26th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

This is all from MoH Warfighter

6. CamosLOL
    August 26th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I don’t give a s**t how many camos they stack into the game tbh. If they do not save from round to round, or do not save from the loadout feature in Battlelog that has never worked…then they are USELESS.

If I want to pork around before every match I play, then I’ll go play CS.

Seems like such a stupid simple thing to make work right…

• mohammad
      August 27th, 2013 at 8:40 am

man they will be like moh wf camos you unlock it you keep it . why do you think like that ?

• CamoLOL
        August 28th, 2013 at 2:33 pm

I’m not sure what you’re misunderstanding.

I said nothing about keeping them after unlocking them. I said once you choose one, it had better save inbetween rounds/play sessions.

Currently in BLog loadouts, if you select a uniform camo – it only keeps it for that session (and sometimes resets for me between matches). They are useless in their current condition unless you want to pork around with loadouts before EVERY session.

7. Foofy69
    August 26th, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Can somebody please NICELY tell me why this a big deal? I mean, yes, ok, it is a new addition to the BF series. But I personally dont like the idea of weapon camos TOOOO much. What’s the point if it serves no purpose? Obviously I know the main reason, which is just for more customization, and to show off to IW and Treyarch that DICE is better. The only reason that I would like camos in BF is if you can only unlock them by doing slighty harder objective based challenges, so they play the obj. more but I would like it if the challenges are long so they KEEP playing the objective and feel more rewarded. And I think it would be pretty damn cool if you have to do the same challenge (I.e. capture 2 flags) by a few days, or the camo gets taken away and you have to eaen it again. Just some suggestions, but nobosy listens to me. Whatever. Either way though, I am going to buy the game.

• steven
      August 27th, 2013 at 3:04 am

its not just for ‘customization’, but for replay value as well. it gives you something to look forward to unlocking. it gives you some choice and visual change. this makes the game have more replay value. it does seem small, but it makes an impact. i like to customize my soldier in some way. BF series has been way behind the curve with that.

8. beanerific
    August 26th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Great! I can’t wait to use the hot pink tiger camo, and the glowing lava camo!

9. .-.
    August 26th, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Did anyone notice the RPK-12 in the 1st pic? I sure do with for a Finnish snow camo :O

10. Aussie Franky
    August 26th, 2013 at 11:47 pm

That’s all good a few camos for weapons is good.. But don’t what ever the hell you do, is do what COD did.. Pink camos and all that other crap..

11. Boo
    August 27th, 2013 at 12:28 am

Oh, you mean like what COD did like 3 games ago? This is non news.

12. kennz
    August 27th, 2013 at 11:44 am

Over hyped game again, LOL. Dice what’s your excuse this time for garbage graphics on next gen consoles.

13. Fruit Cake
    August 28th, 2013 at 4:14 am

Is it all? What about other DLCs that we don’t know of, yet? Nice to see all these sort of ‘un-neccessary’ camos but it is quite cool with better contrast on it compared to the ones in BF3.

14. Marabou Mercenary
    October 15th, 2013 at 7:24 am

I hope that they will make a more brownish tone to the Autumn camos, like the Kaffarov Heavy Mercenary in Battlefield 3.

15. Will
    January 9th, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Yah my loadouts never save and game glitches a ton god battlefeild just fix the glitches please

16. Will
    January 9th, 2014 at 9:21 pm

One reason I like battlefeild is cause it’s more realistic than call of duty. Call of duty is just so clunky and slow and the guns are so unrealistic in black ops 2

17. Will
    March 19th, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Im so retarded maybe i like cod then BF4 but camos are better then cod.