Best graphics cards for Battlefield 4

We break down the best PC graphics cards to get for Battlefield 4.

Best graphics cards for Battlefield 4
The Battlefield series has always been one of those titles that incited PC gamers to upgrade their hardware. In fact, it’s been so successful that graphics cards makers have usually released some new cards just in time for the next installment in the series. And it will be no different with Battlefield 4. We’ve done some research in order to find the best graphics cards for Battlefield 4. Read on for the full breakdown.

Battlefield 4 is optimized for AMD

As we reported last month, Battlefield 4 will be optimized for AMD cards, seeing as how the next-gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony are both using AMD-based graphics core architecture. While the game will run just fine on Nvidia based graphics cards, those running AMD cards might see a slight advantage. In fact, the relationship between AMD and DICE runs deeper, as AMD will offer Battlefield 4 for free with Radeon graphics cards this Fall.

When the game was showcased at E3 and other events, it was powered by an expensive PC that ran on AMD CPUs and GPUs.

While Battlefield 4 features an improved Frostbite 3 game engine, it also features several optimizations, and it’s unlikely that the requirements will be much higher than BF3. In fact, the recommended Battlefield 4 system requirements require a quad core CPU, 4 GB of RAM, and a modern graphics card with 1 GB of video memory.

The graphics RAM issue: is 1 GB enough?

BF3 ran just fine with 1 GB of video RAM, which is what the majority of graphics cards shipped with at the time. Today, however, it’s common that most mid-range cards ship with 2 GB, and this seems to be the sweet spot for the Battlefield 4. DICE has previously said that when it comes to video RAM, “the more the better”.

The new Frostbite 3 game engine brings with it new features, it’s a safe bet to get a graphics card with 2 GB of video memory, especially if the game is played on a higher resolution screen at higher settings.

Best AMD graphics cards for Battlefield 4

Battlefield 4 Radeon HD 7950AMD will likely have a slight advantage over Nvidia, all other things considered equal. Both AMD and Nvidia will release special drivers optimized for Battlefield 4 graphics when the game is released this Fall.

However, the current market conditions slightly prefer Nvidia, as the current 700-series offers a bit more performance for the dollar compared to the Radeon 7000-series. For AMD cards, we’ve included a high end, a mid-range, and low-end list of best graphics cards for Battlefield 4:

High-end: Radeon HD 7970 2 GB ($349)
Mid-range: Radeon HD 7950 2 GB ($249)
Low-end: Radeon HD 7870 2 GB ($179)

Best Nvidia graphics cards for Battlefield 4

Battlefield 4 GTX 760While the game seems to be optimized for AMD technology, Nvidia and DICE have a great partnership — Nvidia has confirmed that it will release special Battlefield 4 drivers once the game is released.

The company recently released a mid-range card that offers probably the best price to performance ratio on the market today. Here’s a roundup of the best graphics cards for Battlefield 4 from Nvidia.

High-end: Nvidia GTX 770 2 GB ($399)
Mid-range: Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB ($249)
Low-end: Nvidia GTX 550 Ti Boost 1 GB ($129)

Best graphics cards for Battlefield 4

All things considered — price and performance wise — here are the best graphics cards that are likely to give you the most bang for your buck when it comes to Battlefield 4.

Winner: Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB
Runner up: AMD Radeon 7950 2 GB

While Battlefield 4 might be slightly optimized for AMD cards, the GTX 760 beats the Radeon 7950 by up to 15% in benchmarks done on BF3 and other games. The cards are priced the same, which means the GTX 760 can easily be considered the best graphics card for Battlefield 4, and is definitely future proof for many other games. It’s even available in a 4 GB version. However, we’d hold off on buying a card just yet. As we get closer to launch, there will likely be some interesting bundles and rebates out there — AMD has confirmed that it will include Battlefield 4 for free with select cards this Fall.

1. SkyS1gn
    August 3rd, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I’ll wait for HD9000 ;)

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
      August 3rd, 2013 at 12:45 pm

You could pick up a $200 video card that could run 95% of the games on today’s market on high-ultra no problem.

Spending $600+ on a HD9000 to play a game like BF4 is well past being overkill.

• SkyS1gn
        August 3rd, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I have watercooling, too :DDD

Currently running with a 6950.

I’ll wait till Beta, ask the 7970 users how they can run the game, and decide to get a cheap0 7970 or wait HD9000 or buy a Gtx 780…

• real_tech
        August 31st, 2013 at 1:08 pm

$200? Please do tell us, o’ wise one, what card that has eluded everyone in the world but you! Ultra you say¿!¿ 95% of games you say!¿ Yeah, maybe on a 800×600 resolution monitor lol.

Then reality hits you in the face as you try to go for that head-shot only to realize that 20FPS is not 60FPS and you’re stuck with a bullet to the head and buyers remorse since you could have spend another $100-$150 for a card that you don’t have to upgrade in 4 months with another $200. Enjoy your low settings and jagged edges.

only old fart techies still cling to that notion. i bet your probably like late 30′s early 40′s, ur name’s a dead give away, did you read alot of those comics back then? inb4 “no ur wrong im actually 20′s but ok” comment. off the top of my head… Metro, BF3, CODBLOPS1/2, Bioshock, Skyrim, Max Payne 3, GTA 4, Crysis ALL OF EM, minecraft (LOL).

Since I know some ppl r dumb I will explicitly state that YES a $200 card will run all the above games very well but not on high/ultra unless 20FPS or less is your thing.

• Taylor
          September 2nd, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Actually, I found an under $200 card on newegg that can run BF3 on ultra with over 70 fps, without AA, of course. I probably will get it, or wait for even better deals when bf4 comes out!

• Shawn
          September 22nd, 2013 at 4:28 am

You just obviously showed how ignorant you are, I guarantee your not even in the IT field, and if you are I feel sorry for your employer. You can’t even use proper grammar… You talk like a 16 year old kid with an attitude problem and thinks he knows everything there is to know about anything. News flash you don’t know jack shit, and everything you just said is wrong, Most of those cards will run today’s games on high easily above 20 fps. Don’t post on something you have no clue about.

• Nope
            September 24th, 2013 at 10:33 am

Okay, why not post links to cards that cost $200 and under that can do Battlefiled 4 at at least 1080p, full AA, Ultra settings, and a steady 60fps? I’d love to know which ones can.

• TechArticulate
            October 2nd, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Dude, did you really just use “your” in the wrong context and in the very next sentence criticize grammar?

• Corey
            October 2nd, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Wow Shawn you sounds like someone that beat the hell out of your kids when they talk back……… Someone needs to do a background search on you and figure out where you hide the bodies!

• Duinbergen
          September 28th, 2013 at 11:12 am

My GTX 760 from msi (TF/OC edition), runs Battlefield 3 (overclocked to 1241 MHz) at around 80 FPS on ultra. Going beyond a 770 for BF4 is just overkill, unless you are gaming at really high resolutions (1440p or higher), or when you have a monitor with 120 or 144 Hz.

My 760 was 235 euro’s, but you can probably get it for around 200 euro’s/dollars right know, because I bought mine at the day the 760 was released, and the price probably went down a little bit.

• An aussie
            November 5th, 2013 at 3:18 am

Thanks for that, I think I’ll get a GTX 760 2Gb too, my 660 runs battlefield 3 just fine, i think battlefield 4 may need a stronger card, but I’ll see how the 660 does before buying the upgrade.

• Devaughn Miller
          October 28th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Well im in my late 30′s and im not an old fart tech. I agree that a $200 will run most games but not on ultra high settings. When it comes to pc gaming You cant cut corners on the cpu, gpu and ram and when it comes to bf4 ram is a big issue. You need minimum 8gb so i advised get at least 16gb.

• klepp0906
            December 31st, 2013 at 9:10 am

Wth lol. No game out needs 8gb of ram to run at any resolution. And of the 3 things you listed ram has the least influence by a longshot.
            You must be confusing ram with VRAM, even though that’s not much better Atleast in reference to the numbers you listed. Sorry bud

• adam
          November 29th, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I have a phenom 965 oc 3.8 and asus 7870 stock and at ultra just fine gettin high 40s in conquest bf4.

• SoulShrowdCupcakes
      October 22nd, 2013 at 5:39 am

SkyS1gn, if u wish to spend 500+ on the 9000 series ur pleaaure but for 220 u can get the Radeon R9 270X this card can play bf3 Maximum Graphics including 1080p+ with the AA and MSAA and HBSAO on max this card gets90+ fps average you wont notice lag…AT ALL!!

2. Individual
    August 3rd, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Then how will the hd7850 manage with bf4? Considering its not even on the low end category…

I hope I can run it at least on high…

• Star
      August 15th, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Overclock my friend and boost that 7850 up!

3. aeonlinux
    August 3rd, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Got an i5 and my GTX 660 Ti ready to go. Might upgrade my monitor though, so I’ll have to factor that in. But for the most part I’m set, and ready for that glorious frostbite 3!

4. SgtDeathAdder
    August 3rd, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I am buying GTX 780 evga SC 3GB after searching wich one if 770 or 780 I decided to buy 780 and my plan is to SLI at january BF4 deserves it

• the one who gives a ****
      August 3rd, 2013 at 2:13 pm

you really need a penny do you?

• Steeeeeeyn
        September 26th, 2013 at 6:02 am

Haha my graphic cards are financed by the Dutch Government who give me 188 euro’s a month because I’m 18 and studying.

5. mike
    August 3rd, 2013 at 7:05 pm

but will that 200 dollar video card play BF4 on 140HZ?

HD9970 baby

• woes
      September 12th, 2013 at 3:20 am

Where would you need 140hz for? As your eye cannot notice the difference after about 60fps. And most monitors don’t even support more hz than 60.
      So… care…

• REEBUS
        September 13th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Yes you can notice a difference but not much. If you have money to blow and your gpu is good enough then go for it

• no human can see beyond 60 fps
          October 4th, 2013 at 7:35 pm

you can not see beyond 60 fps or should I say notice any difference between 60 fps and 120 fps that is a true fact. here is how things work on a 60hz screen 60 fps is recommended which will give you ultra smooth game play this is why most monitors will ship at 59hz or 60hz anything higher is mainly used for 3D monitors as you need higher hz for better picture quality.
          30 fps is fine for CRT monitors as they act more like the old CRT tv screens which is why most or all movies are played back at around 30 fps its all to do with the scan lines on old CRT screens but as for digital because the scan line are not used you need around the 60 fps mark for it to be ultra smooth.
          and as for anything over a gtx760 or 770 is overkill well I upgraded with an i7 4770k 8GB corsair vengeance pro 2133mhz and an Asus directcu ii gtx 780 so I think my system is good to go but the way I see it is if you can afford a 780 then go for it as its the newer tech chip and will be good for future games further down the line beyond BF4 so to me it was not a waste of money as I prolly won’t upgrade again for a while ;)

• Marcus
        September 17th, 2013 at 9:42 am

If you are showing a 120 hz of black frames and you throw in ONE white frame. You will be able to se it.
        Or if you’re turning left very quick in a game it will feel more fluent with 120hz than with 60hz.
        Its not about recognizing EVERY SINGLE FRAME when it comes to high fps in games.

• Nooooooooooooooooo
          October 4th, 2013 at 7:47 pm

you can’t tell the difference between 60 fps and 120 fps that’s a fact no matter what you throw in there it will look identical because the human eye and brain can not see beyond that, when you talk about 120hz monitors these monitors are used for 3D with 3D glasses most none 3D monitors are 60hz max meaning 60fps is the optimal rate anything lower and you may see slight stutters or tearing. also if your monitor is 60hz and you game is running at 120fps it is lying to you as you will find that your game is only running at 60 fps but your gpu is capable of running the game at 120 fps.
          I read about all this when I was researching my components for my upgrade. this is why some monitors will have lower refresh rates below 60hz so you can set the refresh rate to mirror ur FPS for smoother game play so if ur getting below 60 fps in ur games then set the monitor refresh rate below 60hz if ur monitor will allow you for optimal viewing.

• just stop
            November 8th, 2013 at 5:55 am

This is a common MYTH, the eye does not see in frames or hertz and it can see 120hz and well above it. Do some research and stop spreading this lie, then go try out a 120hz monitor and come back and tell me there isnt a huge difference, competetive players use 120hz monitors for a reason. I own both and the difference is night and day.

• klepp0906
            December 31st, 2013 at 9:14 am

Unfortunately yes you can. Atleast most people who are used to gaming. However it is a small difference and doesn’t warrant the hit to resolution nor the boost in gpu power to render at that framerate

6. ViKrieg
    August 3rd, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Glorious GTX 690 master race reporting.
    My anus is ready for BF4!

7. dude
    August 4th, 2013 at 12:09 am

Will me EVGA GTX 650 ti boost SC 2gb handle it?

• aeonlinux
      August 4th, 2013 at 1:24 am

It may or may not.

If you have a good CPU (hopefully i5 or better), then you’ll probably average mid 40s and maybe some occasional 50. This is based off of Crysis 3 benchmarks with the same card. BF4 looks like it will be better optimized, so who knows.

I can tell you though, it will definitely be playable. 40+ is not the 60FPS PC Master Race Standard, but it’s good enough if on a budget. Also this is all assuming you play on 1080p and not higher…

8. phobia
    August 4th, 2013 at 4:25 am

The HD 7970 and 7950 both have 3 GB GDDR5 memory. At the moment the GTX760 or GTX770 seem like the best buy, depending on your wallet you could even go for a GTX780. But the 9900 serie is launched simultaneously with BF4, so if you’re definitely going to upgrade for BF4 you better wait for that. Also Frostbite 2 has shown great scaling across a wide range of graphics cards, so you can run the game fine on medium settings with a mainstream graphics card. For me personally it all depends on the Never Settle bundle of the HD 9970, I currently got HD 7970 so technically no need to upgrade, but should they for instance bundle BF4, Watch Dogs and Arkham Origins together with the graphics card they might win me over.

• Alex BF3
      August 7th, 2013 at 4:28 am

You might be in luck there, it’s said the 9000 series will have Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs and Rome Total War 2 Bundled with them

9. kikoano
    August 4th, 2013 at 5:45 am

just wait for 800 series in december also maxwell will be the most powerfull card ever made

• bathman
      August 5th, 2013 at 1:00 pm

maxwell isn’t coming out in december its more likely to release in summer 2014

10. Enter_name_here7
    August 5th, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Just bought a AMD FX8320 running it overclocked and gonna buy a HD 7970, the 3GB 384bit version. should be able to handle BF4

11. Matik
    August 6th, 2013 at 5:12 am

I hope that I will have about ~~40-50fps in medium in 1080p on my GTX660.

• Dklein99
      August 19th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Watch a few videos on what settings to change/ turn off and i think you will get around that frame rate. (motion blur, AA). Playing on 1680 by 1050 is also another option to boost frames by at least 10%. Btw i have an msi twin frozr gtx 760 OC’d about 100 mhz on core and boost clocks with 4GB or ram. I get like 80 fps on ultra. Anyway, best of luck with your card :)

12. Raja
    August 6th, 2013 at 2:27 pm

will a GTX640 work well on med

• Pavê
      August 12th, 2013 at 3:49 am

I would say low-med. It really isn’t very good card for playing demanding games, but it should be able to get something like 40 fps on low considering it’s performance in BF3 and noticing that BF4 should be more demanding game.

13. Hashem Hanaqtah
    August 10th, 2013 at 11:27 am

With Geforce GTX 760 4gb FTW w/ACX version am ready for bf4

14. Poor PC Gamer
    August 13th, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Everyone here is going WAY overkill. Game should look fantastic with the same hardware you ran BF3 with. Meanwhile, while everyones buying $600 cards (cough, 780, cough) . . . I’m running BF3 with a single EVGA GT 640 2GB at medium-high with low AA and no post processing at 30 fps . . . go to hwcompare.com and see, its a horrendous card. I’m shooting for an 8350 and either a 7950 3GB or dat 9950/9970 (depending on their release price). Bundled game you’ll actually play really help the soften the price though.

• Matthew
      November 12th, 2013 at 8:37 am

Vindicated. I built a system for my daughter that runs on Ultra (GTX-Titan), although it is used for other things too.. 6GB is overkill here – 2GB should be enough. It plays perfectly. Moving back from ultra does nothing for the frame rate.

However I have also been playing for 2 weeks on a 32 bit system with 2 GTS250′s and the game is still well playable with good textures and frame rates, albeit a little jaggy. The difference from $40 to $1500 is considerable in cash terms, and the game graphics are only so good. There is no real quantum leap between higher end cards. Maybe the expansion packs will have some surprises, but I am not seeing the aesthetics that wowed me in Bandar, Riverside, Shield, Sabalan.

You need cores and on-die cache. Even commander mode pulls serious CPU, and I am beginning to suspect the CPU usage expands to fill available space, possibly after a probe of capabilities. Still a few more days until tablet release but no tablet can match these rigs ?

Bang for buck, my call is a GTX650Ti SSC 2GB – or two if you can, especially if you have a short case.

15. Ali
    August 15th, 2013 at 6:45 am

I got 2 Asus gtx 680 with 4gb of VRAM. Can I run bf4 fine in ultra high?

• Arm
      August 16th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

No you can’t. You will need at least 2 gtx titan, and minimum of 5gb ram on the gpu to run it in ultra high.

• wut
        September 22nd, 2013 at 12:13 am

very funny,i’d think ultra high with any sli in the 690s, 770s, 780s etc should be more than enough.

• RobinVerhulstZ
          November 6th, 2013 at 4:17 am

pah i have an GTX660 TI and run on ultra with alot of fps.
          why get such expensive cards if a GTX660 ti cost only 200$ or somthing and plays EVERYTHING on ultra?
          well okay it IS a bit overclocked (but only 100 MHz which is recommended)
          yes directcu2 from asus is usefull and CHEAP (10$ more than regular)
          1080p at 1920×1080 res
          (both my computers have one but well.. my better one can´t run on ultra for some reason,it is the weaker one with lower hardware:old I5,only6 gigs of ram but a factory motherboard that doesn´t allow overclocking. in comparision to my best computer:I7 3750K (third gen),16 gigs of ram and an asus motherboard (what a pity i dont have an SSD :( )
          so yeah GTX660 Ti DirectCu II Top OWNS and is CHEAP :D

16. CT
    August 16th, 2013 at 7:31 pm

have a gtx 780 mjust for this game. going to be glorious! will play on auto settings though. no need for ultra. fps baby!

17. CT
    August 16th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

playing at 720p at 60 fps is better than running at 30 fps in 1080p imo. lower frames equals defeat. It will be good on many cards. the amd thing is crap. NVIDIA is not going to allow the amd cards to run better. Customized drivers are coming at launch. Much love for AMD though, they have some beast cards, just never purchased one for my rig.

18. CT
    August 16th, 2013 at 7:35 pm

better question is…can you run COD Ghost? lol

19. Terence
    August 17th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Folks, I am running a GTX 770 OC on Ultra Settings in Battlefield 3. It set itself up on those settings automatically I didn’t chance anything.

CPU i7 4770K 3.50 Quad Core
    32 Gig DDR3

Regards

20. Caveman
    August 18th, 2013 at 10:53 am

Wow! Everyone is talking about HD 9000 Series and here I am with a 4870. does it even support DX10/10.1?
    A 780 I’m guessing would be a nice upgrade from a 4870 512MB. If the game supports DX 10 and if Minimum Requirements are no Joke then the 4870 should be able to handle it 1080p Low-Med fine.
    The only bother is 512 megs. aside from that it’s 7770/7750 level GPU so no problem.

21. luis
    August 20th, 2013 at 11:39 am

wow someone really hates AMD here.

once again

I would recommend a 7970, it’s as fast as a 680 & faster once both are overclocked.
    It also has a significant edge over the 680/770 in higher resolutions & multi monitor setups.

The 7970 also has more VRAM than the 670 (7950 3GB, 680/770 2GB) & a significantly wider memory interface (7970 384bit, 770 254bit) this profoundly affects performance with Anti Aliasing (the graphics setting which removes jagged edges) and gives the card an edge on higher resolutions (the higher you go the larger the performance gap).

Another reason why I’d recommend the 7970 is that you get 4 games for free bundled with the card, Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider & Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

22. Zach W.
    August 20th, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I’m sure my 5870 will do… right?

23. G. Gillis
    August 21st, 2013 at 9:04 am

Do you think I could overclock a GTX 460 to run this game at least on high?

24. Imactavish
    August 22nd, 2013 at 9:21 am

i would like to build a pc instead of buying a ps4,but will a AMD 8320 + GTX 760 (twin frozen) run Battlefield 4 on ultra settings ?

• new at gaming
      November 29th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I would honestly get a bigger cpu. every bf game that I buy I use the recommended specs and it still maxes out the cpu.

25. Maurelie
    August 22nd, 2013 at 10:25 am

My pc i 7 2600 (non k) gtx 560 (non ti) runs bf3 with 80-90 frames on low and 1920×1080 resolution.I hope on bf4 with same resolution, i will get something like 50-60 frames.

26. monty
    August 22nd, 2013 at 7:23 pm

i have an A10 5800k APU, 8gb ram, would ibe able to run this, i havent played bf3 on it sooo?

27. daniel
    August 23rd, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Ill be ready…. I got my amd8350 bulldozer and my 2X evga titans in sli ready for well just about anything….

• Logicxs
      October 6th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

So you can afford 2 titans but not a i7, Seems legit.

28. Max
    August 24th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Do you think a HD 7850 with 1GB VRAM could run this on high or ultra with decent FPS? Along with a Phenom II x4 945 3.0GHz processor and 8GB system RAM??

29. Nicholas
    August 25th, 2013 at 3:13 am

i have nvidia geforce gtx 660 twin frozr how high can i have it ?

• Nicholas
      August 25th, 2013 at 3:14 am

and the best intel core i5 too

30. Tom
    August 31st, 2013 at 5:01 am

Guys, will my Nvidia GTX 650 2GB run battlefield 3 atleast on high? Or High med please anyone?

• Kieran
      September 8th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Yes it should do. Definitely 60fps on medium and at least 30fps on high. I’m assuming you’re running it at 1920×1080. If your resolutions lower than that then you should be fine with high settings and possibly ultra.

31. Spence
    September 4th, 2013 at 12:25 am

Well I have been a NVIDIA fan for YEARS but I must say, watching the E3 on BF4 has made me lean towards picking up a 7000 or 8000 series card for BF4, and selling my old 760.

32. Lol
    September 6th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I think in this case AMD seems like more bang for ur buck?

33. Jamie Shaw
    September 11th, 2013 at 8:45 am

So is my 7870 Ghz edition gonna handle this on ulta??

34. Waseem
    September 12th, 2013 at 5:40 am

i have GTX 650 TI , i am sure i cannot play this game. i must have to buy another card for this game.
    i am not buying for this bitch.

• new at gaming
      November 29th, 2013 at 2:05 pm

run the same card in sli if you can.

• jesus
      December 20th, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Don’t need too, i run an asus gtx 560 ti overclocked to 900 mhz, and a I5 2500k overclock to 4ghz, and i run bf4 at 1920x 1080 at medium setttings running about 90 fps more then enough haven’t tried higher then medium, don’t see the need.

35. syndrom
    September 12th, 2013 at 7:34 am

im wondering and please help if you can ,……iv got an ati radeon hd 5870 1 gig gddr5 card will I be able to play bf4? atm im running bf3 on high at 60 fps and my resolution is 1920×1080 I have an i7 2600 16 gig of ram and an asus p8p67 motherboard…….. please help me to know thanks =]

• DYMxEXORCISM
      September 12th, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Id upgrade your card to a 6950 or higher however your processor is just fine

36. DYMxEXORCISM
    September 12th, 2013 at 7:55 pm

So can i presume a GTX 680 and an i7 will run it just fine? xD

37. Tommy
    September 16th, 2013 at 11:22 am

Go for Geforce GTX 780 SLI and you rock. It beats everyone on the market!

38. breivik
    September 17th, 2013 at 11:13 am

u will run it on high settings on 1080p and u will have 50-60 fps most of the time , on ultra u may sometimes go down to 40 fps but its still good , but u better built a custom pc , it will be cheaper and u can get better graphics card for the money that u save if u dont buy retail pc , and a lot of stupid people here , they think they need pc’s for 3000$ to run a game

39. Dummy
    September 18th, 2013 at 7:58 am

Hi, I was wondering should I go for the GTX 760 4gb or the GTX 770 2gb, I currently have an i5 4670 with gigabyte z87x-d3hp mb and 6gb of ram, I have a Asus GTX 550ti and currently get 45-60fps on BF3 on the high settings of bf3. Which one between the GTX 760 4gb and the GTX 770 2gb will be the best, because battlefield released the requirements for game and you need for recommended 3GB of VRAM. Any advice will be apreciated

40. Joey
    September 18th, 2013 at 9:47 am

Uhm, don’t know where you (op) find 7950 and 7970 with 2 GB off VRAM, but well. Those cards are all with 3 GB off VRAM.

• new at gaming
      November 29th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

microcenter, ava direct & maingear were all selling 7950 & 7970 with 2 gb.

41. Jevgenius
    September 19th, 2013 at 5:29 am

to Dummy: GTX 760 4gb or the GTX 770 2gb. It’s totally will be better get GTX 770 2gb than GTX 760 4gb. 770 Card performance are much better, but I’m wandering are the 770 with 4gb will much better than 2gb. Because which we have at the moment games it’s gives you not more than 1fps. :) But in official recommendation there is a point with system recommendation 3gb video requirements.

42. originalposterisHC
    September 20th, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Op is clueless and doesn’t know what he is talking about. There is no such thing as a 2gb 7950 or 7970

43. Juno
    September 22nd, 2013 at 1:09 pm

The trolling here is super strong lol, like some of the guys eariler saying that you can spend $200 on a card and get run ultra and still havn’t even bought the card yet or seen any benchmarks or nothing. You’re the guy who’s like “BRO I JUST BOUGHT and OLD 1989 Honda that goes 150 miles and hour, for $1k. Why on earth would you spend more on a newer car, as soon I get this car up and running just wait, its coming to smash all the other cars out there! WAIT AND SEE, YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME”

/rustled

44. gary
    September 26th, 2013 at 6:01 pm

might ditch my 2 x 6950s for a R9 290X card..

i need high frame rate to enjoy BF games..

anything above 110fps running at 1920×1080 is good :)

45. femee
    September 28th, 2013 at 4:29 am

How will a i5 3330 8gb ram and hd 7850 2gb run on bf4? Pls guys…

46. joha
    October 1st, 2013 at 4:00 pm

i have i5 haswell 4570 gtx 760 2gb 256gb ssd and 8gb ddr3 1600mhz. And the game runs on hight/ultra with fps 45 to 70

47. Dimo
    October 2nd, 2013 at 12:36 am

I have FX-6100 and Nvidai GForce-680 1996MB with 8GB Ram

Very Hight or Ultra?

48. Brandon
    October 2nd, 2013 at 2:41 am

Well I saw a gtx 680 on sale, but I’m wondering if it would be able to handle it. I was also thinking about 8350fx. I don’t know if that would be a good enough mix for bf4 and up coming games. :s

49. Red
    October 2nd, 2013 at 5:30 am

Anyone know the best bang for buck card that will run BF4 with min 70-80fps, med – high settings on a 1440p @ 100hz qnix monitor?? need to upgrade my xfired 6780s I think?

50. Red
    October 2nd, 2013 at 5:30 am

• CJay
      October 2nd, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Best bang for the buck ? Id say a GeForce GTX 760. No overkill , not too expensive, great performance.

51. Dan_Gamer
    October 10th, 2013 at 11:07 am

I have hd8250 handeon it runs BF4 with the best graphic?
    I will play on samsung notebook activ book 9

52. Breno
    October 12th, 2013 at 8:09 am

Which is better run as Ultra settings AMD Radeon 7970 3GB or GTX 770 2GB ?

53. mrfox
    October 27th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I have a 3gb nvidia geforcr 670m. I should be ok right? I doubt I can play it on ultra…

54. PCmasterRACE
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:08 am

Will my gtx 780m sli and i7 3940xm @ 4.4ghz run this…it can run minecraft

55. OldTimer
    November 1st, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Ok…nice for you guys..you all have money to talk..bla bla..i have hd 7770 and im very happy with it,run bf3 on ultra without AA,but graphic in game is awesome! Hmm you dont may trust me,but i run it on 40-65 fps..so, i love pc’s too,but i think that
    bf4 will waste ur time,ur life..

56. Testing 101
    November 2nd, 2013 at 1:35 pm

FULL STOP.

It has been confirmed that BF4 is able to use more than 2GB VRAM @ 1920x1080p resolution, using Ultra Settings. These settings include 4xAA, which is where that Vram is going to kick in.

If you’re satisfied with playing at 1080p resolution, on Ultra Settings with no AA, or perhaps 2xAA then you’ll be ok with 2GB Vram.

57. Gagan
    November 3rd, 2013 at 8:19 am

My MSI Radeon HD R6950 works just fine.

58. Derp
    November 10th, 2013 at 4:33 am

While most of you argue about specs…. I’m just glad my new desktop is past BF4′s minimum required hardware.

59. ML
    November 13th, 2013 at 5:52 am

The game plays flawlessly on my i7-2600K + a gtx770 2gb lightning @ 1920×1200. Ultra setting, 4x aa bla bla, HBAO, the works. It did so with the older drivers and does so with new nvidia drivers.

So no, you do not need more than 2 gb on regular resolutions and no you don’t need amd hardware.

60. Nils Helgesson
    November 15th, 2013 at 8:31 am

I have a AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 with 1 gb. Is that enough. Or do I have to buy a new? What do you think?

Then is the XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 a good one? Its just 160$

61. santhosh
    November 19th, 2013 at 11:23 am

intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93ghz ,4gb ram,gt 630 is my card can i run bf4 smoothly

62. new at gaming
    November 27th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

use the bench on anandtech.com is a good place to start.
    can anyone please tell me about pc setups? I have asked evga and they told me that running sli and quad is the exact same as using a single card while gaming, you just get higher benchmarks with more card but while gaming the players all move exactly the same speeds. when I used to game I had a good pc, ultra gpu, fast internet and players were still moving faster than me.

63. new at gaming
    November 27th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

what sli gpu cards should I get for bf4 ?

64. Brenton
    November 28th, 2013 at 8:10 am

Ok so its a 650 ti boost 2gb not 550 ti boost 2 gb that will run it. Just pointing that out :DD

65. new at gaming
    November 29th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I have read reviews online that gamers using 4 gb memory cards are seeing there frame rates drop in benchmarks when they run sli. a pc builder told me they only sell 2 gb cards for this reason. it is best to have 2 gb card in sli than a 3-4 gb card.

66. Building a Budget PC
    November 29th, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I was thinking of getting the Radeon HD 7750 with 1gb gddr5 memory. Will it be able to run bf4 on at least medium settings with 30 – 60fps? Or should I upgrade to a HD 7770 if it makes a difference?

• buzz lightyear
      November 30th, 2013 at 2:47 pm

from what I can find, the 7750 is the bare min. 7770 is 20 frames per sec more.

67. new at gaming
    November 29th, 2013 at 11:40 pm

bf4 central video: bf4 running at 4k resolution on 4x NVidia gtx titan. those graphics aren’t any better than a console and certainly not better than my gtx 6800 ultra.

68. chris