New Battlefield 4 beta information

Beta date, duration, map, platforms, and game mode revealed.

Battlefield 4 beta details
During DICE’s demo of Battlefield 4 on stage at GamesCom, they revealed some new beta details as well. The multiplayer beta, which will be available to those who pre-ordered the game and those who own Premium on BF3, will take place in the first weeks of October. The Battlefield 4 beta will be available worldwide on all platforms — with the exception of PS4/Xbox One, which won’t even be released at the time of the beta test.

The Battlefield 4 beta will last for 4 days, and will include the Siege of Shanghai map, with conquest being the only game mode available. Additionally, DICE is calling this an “open beta”, which means that those who pre-ordered and Premium members will likely get a day or two head start on the beta, before the masses (everyone else) gets access. Just as it was the case with BF3 in 2011.

Battlefield 4 beta facts

• Date: October 1 – October 4
  • Duration: 4 days
  • Map: Siege of Shanghai
  • Game mode: Conquest
  • Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360

TAGS:

1. Jesus
    August 20th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I think Battlefield 4 maps will be kind of boring on ps3 and xbox 360, But well let’s wait and hope.

• IVanSpinal
      August 20th, 2013 at 4:01 pm

yeah, Rush is better for 24 players

• mohammad
      August 21st, 2013 at 12:17 am

might be boring but me & my friends will use it as training ground to learn everything specially the commander mode until PS4 arrive .

2. bathman
    August 20th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I knew it was going to be open beta, it always is

3. cdotcizzle
    August 20th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Omg, the news I have been waiting for, beta will be conquest and not rush! I’m all in bitches!!

4. The Iranian
    August 20th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

It gives DICE minimal time to sort out any possible bugs, but it will be good for testing the servers and will help alleviate some of the latency that comes with the first week or so post-launch. 🙂

5. whatever
    August 21st, 2013 at 5:33 am

Great. Another beta in an urban map. That’s what we need. I’m already sick of this map and the game isn’t even out yet.

6. Speedy
    August 21st, 2013 at 5:50 am

Any chance we sill see cool CQB – medium range maps, thinking of Grand Bazaar and Seine….?

If this game goes all “huge maps and 70+ players”, then it will die.

7. ArithonUK
    August 22nd, 2013 at 3:01 am

Why do you never publish my comments? I’ve never posted anything abusive or offensive.
    But at least half a dozen comments and observations I’ve make in the past weeks have simply not appeared.
    I posted twice in the last fortnight alone, yet I’ve had only one post shown since July.

🙁

8. bigfoot
    August 24th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

The campaign looks like the original bad company with sandbox maps and vehicles

9. Bilbo Swaggins
    August 31st, 2013 at 7:06 pm

why is it so short of a beta time? doesnt sound quite right to me seems like they would release it in september……

10. qu1sm0
    September 4th, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Beta start tuesday and end friday? Lol ok..
    that is stupid. Not to mention the 4 days lenght.