List of all new Battlefield 4 features
Battlefield 4 is set to become the biggest and most feature-rich game in the series. While it’s based on BF3 (and shares many similarities with it), Battlefield 4 will include a whole slew of new features. Over the past two months, EA and developer DICE have slowly released new bits of information about the game — we’ve rounded up and explained all new features and additions to Battlefield 4 (that we know so far).
New Battlefield 4 features list
- Battlefield 4 will feature all new character models for the three factions. The multiplayer character models have received a complete overhaul, and feature looks that can be easily differentiated from faction to faction. Additionally, players will be able to unlock different camos for each class.
- China returns as a faction in Battlefield 4. The new faction will feature its own unique weapons and vehicles, and will also be heavily featured in the singleplayer campaign. The other two factions remain the US and Russia.
- Dynamic factions: a new feature called dynamic factions allows any of the three factions to play against one another on any map. Server owners can choose to randomize factions after each round.
- Suppression has been revamped in Battlefield 4. Suppression has been toned down on all weapons except the sniper rifles and light machine guns. There is no longer an accuracy penalty when under suppression, instead, players will experience a scope sway.
- Squads now include 5 players as opposed to 4. The squad specialization feature has been revamped, now in-game unlocks are called Field Upgrades, and depend on how well the squad is doing.
- The Battlefield 4 Commander returns. The mode will be playable on a tablet alone, without the requirement of a PC or console. Unlike in previous games, the Commander is not present on the battlefield as a player, and is instead an observer who leads his team from a dedicated screen. Commanders have a number of tools and gadgets at their disposal, and can drop supplies, vehicles, call in missile strikes, and more. The better the squads are doing, the more tools and gadgets the Commander as access to.
- Battlelog will receive a complete revamp for Battlefield 4. Players will get more detailed stats tracking features, and even geo location based leaderboards, where players can see how well they stack up against others in their city, or country, etc.
- Second screen experience: players will be able to use tablets and smartphones as second screens in the game, called Battlescreen, which can serve as the minimap or a loadout screen.
- Secondary monitor support. PC players will be able to use their secondary monitors (or even a laptop) as a secondary screen, where they can view the minimap, and more.
- Platoons will return in Battlefield 4. Furthermore, players will be able to add their platoon emblems to vehicles in game.
- Dog tags and assignments will also return, and will be managed via Battlelog, as usual
- Destruction will be improved and will be more like in Bad Company 2 than in BF3. There will also be a new “Levolution” feature, which is large scale destruction on the map (such as the tower on Siege of Shanghai).
- New Spectator mode will include different cameras. Players will also be able to join any match as spectators and watch.
- Windows 8 users will get some exclusive DirectX 11.1 features, and the game will also be optimized for AMD PC hardware.
- The game will support stats and progress transfer from current to next gen consoles. If players start out on the Xbox 360 or PS3, they’ll be able to transfer their stats and progress to the Xbox One or PS4.
- The Frostbite 3 game engine features numerous improvements under the hood, which will pave way for quicker patches and smoother gameplay. The new engine also features new lighting technology, destruction, and more.
- New game modes include Obliteration and Elimination. Popular game modes such as Rush, Conquest, and Team Deathmatch will return.
- New weapons include the CZ-805, the AK 5, AK-12, SAR-21, the M82 sniper rifle, XM25 grenade launcher, and more
- New vehicles include the Chinese Type 99 main battle tank, the WZ-10 attack helicopter, the J-20 fighter jet, MRAP, and more.