New Battlefield 4 map leaked, features a tropical island setting?

The new map features several islands in a tropical setting.

Battlefield 4 naval map
DICE is set to reveal a brand new Battlefield 4 multiplayer map and game mode at GamesCom this week, but they may have unintentionally leaked it earlier in a post on the official Facebook page. EA posted a photo of the PC stations set up at GamesCom where players will try out Battlefield 4, and some of the PCs actually reveal a new map we haven’t seen before.

New mapJudging by the looks of it (enhance, enhance), it appears to be a rather large island map, which could include naval warfare, something DICE has been hinting at for months. The map actually shows several islands grouped together, with a tropical color palette (unlike BF3s Wake Island).

We’ll have to wait for another day or two to get the official name of the map and some more details. But so far it’s looking good.

Via Imgur. Thanks to Mikey for sending this in!

TAGS: ,

1. mohammad
    August 19th, 2013 at 8:56 am

tropical island ? might have a small jungle section hopefully

2. Kenny
    August 19th, 2013 at 9:21 am

Looks like the map from the frostbite 3 feature video… When they show dynamic weather demo with waves and stuff!

• IVanSpinal
      August 19th, 2013 at 11:51 am

that’s Right

3. bathman
    August 19th, 2013 at 9:54 am

Hopefully this map has those drivable battleships that the leaks talked about and JETS.

4. kennz
    August 19th, 2013 at 10:44 am

This is a joke, why is DICE showing BF4 on PC? What the hell is Next Generation systems for. We know how it’s gonna look on PC. More over hyped junk again.

• bathman
      August 19th, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Not to be rude but I wonder if has something to do with it being in alpha and the game not yet optimized for consoles.

• alex
      August 19th, 2013 at 10:19 pm

PC and X1 / PS4 are all equally next gen at this point. Sure, some people will have extreme rigs that run SLI cards and stronger CPU’s, but your average player will have less than that.

What you see on PC is not too far off what you’ll see on the consoles. Also, as the guy above said; it’s probably still not optimized enough, or efficient enough to show on consoles. It is developed on a PC after all.

5. brandon
    August 19th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

at 53 seconds the show a map of a unplayed level in battlefield 4 in great detail. know one has even talked about it!

• Kenny
      August 19th, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I know I was wondering the same thing when they showed the demo, they showed a lot of details vehicles on the beach. Can’t wait to see what they got to show the public!

6. Foofy69
    August 19th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Meh. Personally, I would rather see an urban or a snow or a 1 jungle only map. I don’t want to get in a submarine, get out, go on a small island and just keep doing that for a whole game. It’s new and different, yes, but…… I don’t know. Who knows. The only thing that will most likely catch my interest is what it LOOKS LIKE with FrostBite 3. I just feel that “island hopping” would get boring quite fast, but that’s just me. I’ll just stick with maps other than this IF it is just a bunch of islands as one map. Not hating, just expressing my opinion. I am going to get this game no matter what.

• Owl
      August 19th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

How many urban maps do you want? Have you played Battlefield 3? Have you seen the reveal of Battlefield 4? Urban urban urban. Its about time they changed it up.

• Foofy69
        August 19th, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Actually, I have played on PS3 with a KB/M (with something called Eagle Eye) for a little over a hundered hours, and I have played it on Xbox for a little over 50 hours. And also, notice how I said I would also like to see a snow or jungle map. I just don’t want to see a map that has a million islands, because that would be a pain, honestly. Please read the post a bit more clearly. =D

• Owl
          August 19th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

If your team has spawn points on the island or people in your squad are on the island, you would be able to spawn over there regardless. I agree, island hopping might get tedious, but says who its going to be island hopping and not just a map based on an island in a tropical setting? By the way, I feel like a keyboard/mouse is better for most FPS games not counting Halo, including games like Quake, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike…as those are all pure skill-based aiming FPS games. But the thing about Battlefield is that its more of a military war-themed game rather than strictly an aim based game. And in a game that tries to stay true to war, not like Arma as a simulator but just the combat style, I feel the controller is more similar to using a gun in the way you have to handle it. You can’t just flick a gun around, like the mouse/keyboard works. The joystick has a lot more feel and is slightly more methodical…meaning you have to aim with more feel rather than just flicking. Off-topic rant.

• Noobslayerbob
            August 20th, 2013 at 6:27 am

Thank you. I’ve always struggled to explain to my friends why I prefer console Battlefield, and you just helped me a ton.

• Foofy69
            August 20th, 2013 at 7:47 am

Wow. Those are amazing points. Now that you mentioned squad spawning, which I totally did not think about, I think it would not be tooooo bad on something like Conquest, and yeah you’re also right about the ” but says who its going to be island hopping and not just a map based on an island in a tropical setting?” Did not cross my mind either, sorry. As for KB/M, well I have simply just been a PC fan. And also when playing BF3 with a PS3 controller, it was REALLY glitchy (changing weapons randomly and running when I did not tell it to). I like the way you think about how controller is similar to a real gun, but I will just simply stick to KB/M because it is my soul mate that owns with me. Good thinking though.

7. Winrarisu
    August 19th, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I don’t care what that looks like, I want Wake Island!

• Foofy69
      August 19th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I would LOVE to see Sharqui Peninsula.

8. Hunter
    August 19th, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I would love to see some BF1943 maps like Iwo Jima and Guadacanal in BF4. It would go well with boats and everything.

9. Pedro