New Battlefield 4 map teased

DICE teases a brand new map set around a dam.

New Battlefield 4 map 1

DICE recently did an in-depth post on the upcoming Battlefield 4 Commander mode, where they revealed some additional details. And among those details, they posted a special GIF animation showing the Commander mode in action on a brand new Battlefield 4 map.

The map appears to be the “dam” multiplayer map we’ve been hearing about for a long time. On the right side of the map, you can clearly see a large structure which appears to be a dam wall.

Previously, we’ve heard in the Levolution trailers that players will be able to flood entire areas, and maybe that’s the case with the new map.

The map has 6 control points in the Conquest mode, and it appears to be a Conquest Assault version, where the US faction has a base and China controls all other flags.

On a cool side note, it appears that Commanders will now have access to a “submarine”, which could be used instead of the AC-130 gunship, or it could just be a platform to launch the Tomahawk missiles.

We’ll be sure to keep you up to date as more information is released regarding the new map. Stay tuned!

New Battlefield 4 map 2

1. Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
    August 31st, 2013 at 11:44 am

I’m probably going to get crucified for saying this but I’m glad they’re introducing this map that’s more linear. It funnels the carnage making it feel more action packed without making it overkill in my opinion.

Not that I’m saying I want all of Battlefield 4 to be linear maps, I just like having some more variety myself.

I’m assuming the tomahawk missile and submarine are separate things because in Shanghai you can see the missile being launched from a carrier in the distance which wasn’t moveable as far as I know. Then again this is just my guess

2. mohammad
    August 31st, 2013 at 1:11 pm

this is the dam map we saw the levolution trailer when the dam was destroyed . but i wonder how ? by using ton of C4’s or huge major firepower ?

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
      August 31st, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I’m assuming its a timed event that can be hastened by damaging the dam similar to the parcel storm map and its destroyed battleship

3. RVDHUDDING
    August 31st, 2013 at 1:26 pm

the dam breaks whe see that in the levolution video

4. Witte8
    August 31st, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I hope the sub will be an actual vehicle to use in game. We can only hope for… I also note the M1 abrams amongst the commander assets.

5. ShavedApe
    August 31st, 2013 at 3:49 pm

I don’t believe that’s a dam at all look closer at the right of the concrete and that looks more like terrain than it does water to me.
    So more a concrete bunker type thing than a dam.

• Witte8
      September 1st, 2013 at 5:58 am

I have been looking at the levolution trailer again a few times. Given the angle it has been filmed, the structures in the movie and on the map I think you can be quite sure it is a dam.

6. Tyrane
    August 31st, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Not that it means much but the screenshot is from a Playstation console.

7. HHH
    August 31st, 2013 at 6:47 pm

if your in the streets and the flood happens, do u die by levolution??

• Jesus
      August 31st, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I don’t think so, you’re able to swim in bf4, there’s no way that the flood can kill you, but that’s just my speculation.

• Coltzombie
        September 8th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Maybe it can kill you in some ways like cars dragged by water or if you are pused onto a buildind and smashed,or maybe if you are too close from wate,and even all of the above! Think about it.

8. Witte8
    September 1st, 2013 at 5:41 am

I think you can die from Levolution. It will depend on what hits you. Offcourse water will let you swim I presume. On the other hand if a building collapses and you are in it…sounds very obvious you will be looking at a spawn screen very soon… Also when all kinds of debris are flying, rolling away…you could be hit by them. In the levolution trailer I believe there was a rock or a statue or so after the dam breaks and it gets rocketed towards the open space…if it hits you…no doubt whatsoever it will wound you or either kill you.

• famoussasjohn
      September 2nd, 2013 at 8:59 am

Battlefield 4, now killed by bad luck higher than BF3!