Battlefield 4 open beta starts on October 1

Players will be able to transfer unlocks and stats from the beta to the retail game.

Battlefield 4 beta date
EA has officially announced the launch date for the upcoming Battlefield 4 beta: it kicks off on October 1 on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (next gen system are excluded because they won’t be on the market at that time).

Those who have pre-ordered the game, or have BF3 Premium, will get earlier access to the beta, which EA calls “exclusive beta”, but didn’t clarify on what exactly the “exclusive” is. Back in 2011 for the BF3 beta, those who pre-ordered received a 48 hour early access.

EA also revealed that players will be able to unlock items in the Battlefield 4 beta which will be transferable to the final retail game, including any stats that beta players might have accumulated. Players can also chose against this, of course.

The beta will feature one multiplayer map (Siege of Shanghai), and one game mode (Conquest). It’s likely that we’ll get another map and game mode later in the beta, as it was the case with the BF3 beta back in 2011.

in just two weeks, we’ll finally be able to play the game we’ve been waiting for all year long. What are you looking forward to the most in the beta? Let us know!

TAGS:

1. Mike
    September 15th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Will stats and unlocks transfer to any console? say I play the beta on PS3 but am planning to buy BF4 on PS4 and not on PS3 will it transfer anyway?

• Chris
      September 15th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Yeah, that’s a good question… however, I suspect that the answer will be probably no… unless if you buy the premium “plan”. 😉

• OscarMtz88
        September 15th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

No, they confirmed you don’t need premium to transfer your stats from 360/PS3 to ONE/PS4

• Mike
          September 15th, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I’m glad then, I do not intend on buying the PS3 version so this is good news for me. I’m looking forward to find some funny glitches like the ‘Long Neck’ soldier while playing the beta.

• ViKrieg
            September 16th, 2013 at 1:52 am

The turtle neck soldier glitch IS funny when it happend in Battlefield 3.
            HOWEVER, I honestly want to see little next to nothing of glitches from the battlefield 4 beta.
            A great beta experience will comvince me to get Battlefield 4 even more if I see that the devs didn’t rush it or put very little effort into it.
            A man can dream though!

2. Chris
    September 15th, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I’m actually curious to see how good (or bad) the Xbox 360 version will look like compared to BF3 (on the same platform). If stays the same I’ll be already satisfied… hey guys, it’s a console that’s 6 (or 7) years old.

On PC we already know that looks pretty awesome… 🙂

3. Angel
    September 15th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I just wanna see real PS4 gameplay.IGN said Battlefield 4 on PS4 looks shit compare to pc.

• ViKrieg
      September 16th, 2013 at 5:09 am

They never said it looked like “shit”. They said it was kind of subpar looking compared alongside the PC version.
      But honestly, how would this bit of news turn out to be shocking?
      Anyone with a good set of eyes can see it’s not going to look as amazing as the PC version, due to it’s lower hardware than the most high-end PC’s.
      At least it will include all the features and player count as the PC version.
      So no matter how it looks, it will still play thr same.

4. Foofy69
    September 15th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I think that I actually might skip the beta, so it builds up my hype even more to play the full and real game. And also so I might not get into some kind of habit in the beta that might or might not be in the full game, if you understand what I am saying. Anybody else gonna skip out because of this?

5. N-Shifter
    September 15th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Going to do my best to play on as many versions as possible at Eurogamer in about 10 days 🙂

6. GrassyTwo
    September 15th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Hmmmmmm, either this or gta online, very hard choice but i might go with gta online, sorry battlefield 4.

• Turane
      September 15th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Why not both? 🙂

7. OscarMtz88
    September 15th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Does that means all the Beta stuff are going to end up on ONE/PS4. dagnit DICE, Colonels 100 in the 1st 2 months with the new op gun .-.

• N-Shifter
      September 15th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Who cares how many Colonel 100’s there are or when they get to such a rank, it doesn’t change the game for anyone. I really don’t know why people care so much about them or ban them from servers etc. they die in game the exact same way as everyone else.

• Soldier4343
        September 15th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Just means they have no life when I see one, most everyone who is around 40-50 col is ones that do have one after 2 years of playing.

• Jesus
          September 15th, 2013 at 9:24 pm

True, I have 2 years playing bf3 and I am just on level 55, how do they get to level 100 so quick, I am not a bad player and almost play the whole time on operation metro (bit tickets), The nerds who are level 100 must be playing 24/7.

• ViKrieg
            September 15th, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Heh, sounds a lot like me as well. Same amount of time playing and I’m roughly around your rank level too.
            If you aren’t boosting to get to the max level. You must be positively OBSESSED with the game to reach that level!

• Red
            September 16th, 2013 at 2:59 am

I’ve also played BF3 for those 2 years. I reached col 100 just a lil bit after 500 hours. I dont play BF3 24/7 tho, mainly when I have friends on. This summer for example, I played BF3 only 2-4 time… and when I play BF3, 5 hours is the ultimate limit for me to play it ( tho, I tend to play for 1-3 hours mostly).
            To become a Col 100, you just need skill. so in my opinion its a bit unreasonable to call every Col 100 a “nerd”.

• hooner
            September 16th, 2013 at 4:06 am

Hackers get there very quickly

• Noesome
            September 16th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

That’s easy lol… EXPLOITING IS GOOD!
            For me, I reached col. 100 so fast by using the G3A3 w/ the M26 DART and also the highly-explosive USAS-12! Hey, it’s not my fault it was bugged/glitched 😀 Heck, those were really fun times, until they fixed it hahaha.. I was still glad they fixed it, though, everyone knew it was OP 😀

• Fronkol
      September 15th, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Just like the M16A3 which you unlock after 1 or 2 matches in BF3? 😉

8. Soldier4343
    September 15th, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Upgraded my PC with a GTX 780 classified and new Z77 board with 16gb of ram just for this game. 2560 x 1600 res all ultra settings will be to die for.

• ViKrieg
      September 15th, 2013 at 11:41 pm

That’s awesome, you sound just like me. Sans the 780, I have a 690 instead.
      But we have the same Rez and everything!
      1600p master-race reporting in as well, Sir.
      My anus is prepared for Battlefield 4.
      🙂

• MasonM
        September 16th, 2013 at 10:19 am

I’ve got a gtx660 and 16gb ram so I feel ready, I will be upgrading to a larger case and a 780 when possible

9. Lorax
    September 15th, 2013 at 9:40 pm

The good thing is if u buy BF4 on PS3 u can upgrade it to a PS4 version later, for less than $10 =) i dont know about xbox, but on Ps3, thats the case!

• cdotcizzle
      September 16th, 2013 at 12:29 am

I’ve checked around every game store in my area and online, I’m hoping this is the case but so far I’ve only been able to confirm its true for Xbox. Even called GameStop, they said its not official for PlayStation yet but is for Xbox. I would buy it for ps3 if I could find hard evidence its true for PS too!

10. ViKrieg
    September 16th, 2013 at 1:48 am

A lot of people dispise and ban them, because most of the legit level 100’s (the ones who didn’t get there by boosting) are VERY good! Even bordering on unhuman levels of reaction times and what not.
    But that’s the main reason why people seem to hate them to most.
    And I won’t lie if I said they don’t get on my nerves too sometimes.

11. Konstantin
    September 16th, 2013 at 6:36 am

Yeah i got some parts to my pc from my clan ;D
    Got SLI 790 Prototype ( don’t bitch about they don’t exist! i got 2 from my clan who got em from NVidia ) and i just hope i can play this on 4K… I most like the Battlefield game for the Beautifull lanscapes <3

• homer
      September 17th, 2013 at 2:25 am

okay so lets say you do have them with im 99.9% sure you dont
      but if you DO have 1 post some pictures AND some screenshots or it aint real and no1will believe you lol

12. PIGEONPP
    September 16th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

i was talking to a guy on Origin help who said that the exclusive bf4 beta access is a closed beta starting 1 week earlier then the open beta so that would be September 24th for those pre-ordered bf4 deluxe edition or bought moh Warfighter or bf3 premium.

13. Sid Swann
    September 16th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

FINALLY! some one gives a crap about our stats!

14. N-Shifter
    September 16th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

The closed beta starts on October 1st – the open beta starts on October the 4th.

15. why ea why
    September 21st, 2013 at 12:46 am

I didn’t play bf3 for at least a year after it released and I got to lvl 100 with all the glitches fixed its easy rent a server set it to op metro 24/7 500 tickets hardcore and always switch to defending team and depending on the enemies play style either get in a private squad put a beacon under the far bridge and jump down behind them with a suppressed battlerifle or lay in the tunnel with a m240 or type 88 with extended mags and squad suppress on and just slay bodies as they jump in and I can count on one hand how many times I have been killed out of there with the m320 lvg so don’t get any ideas tryhards. And why on earth would they transfer stats from beta to game that makes no sense I work 12 hours a day so when I get the game there will be lvl 50s already oh well I will just swim upriver and overtake your speedboat right before taking those sweet tags

16. Steve
    September 22nd, 2013 at 5:07 am

I didn’t read what you wrote, but I did count that you had a total of two sentences and no punctuation in 17 lines of text. You should consider going back to school, or paying more attention if you’re still there.

17. Brian
    October 4th, 2013 at 3:19 am

The only glitch that I found in the beta is some times when you spawn the camera is moving around like it does when swimming.

18. Quentin
    October 12th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Is there a link to EA that says the stats will transfer from the Beta? I don’t want to waste playing the beta unless I get something out of it.

• Tyrane
      October 13th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

nah they said now they wont transfer because the sole purpose of the beta is to fix any bugs and crap