Battlefield 4 PlayStation 4 gameplay videos from TGS 2013

Three new gameplay videos show BF4 running smoothly on the PlayStation 4 console.

The 2013 Tokyo Game Show just wrapped up, and of course, EA and DICE were at the event to show off Battlefield 4. They offered Japanese gamers a chance to play the upcoming multiplayer shooter, in a country that notoriously hates FPS games.

The two videos show Battlefield 4 running on the PlayStation 4 during a multiplayer game session. The map is Siege of Shanghai, and several modes were showcased. It’s funny to see the interesting looks at the faces on the Japanese gamers, who are probably wondering where all the dragons and giant swords and spiked hairdos are.

DICE’s Daniel Matros is also present during the videos, giving an explanation and some additional details on the game. The gameplay itself doesn’t show much new, although we do get a look at the new Battlefield 4 Type 95 AA vehicle — the mobile anti air vehicle used by the Chinese faction.

And while we’ve heard some disappointing news about the PlayStation 4 version of Battlefield 4, we must say it looks pretty good and polished. The PS4 version reportedly runs at 900p (upscaled to 1080p) at 60 frames per second. DICE has previously said that 60 fps for next gen consoles was a “top priority”

September 24th, 2013 at 9:13 am

obviously it won’t look the same as it did at E3 running on a high end pc. Duh. My PC already beats so called next gen consoles. getting 90 fps at 2560 x 1600 res ultra with 2 gtx 780s in Sli.

• Timmy
      September 24th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

^^ This guy is a DBag, and this is coming from a PC Gamer.

• BL
        September 24th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Sounds like jealousy to me. Or butt hurt you can’t afford one 780 let alone 2 of them…

• Majorace
          September 24th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

These “so called next gen consoles” cost $400 and $500 respectively, how much money did you spend on the gtx 780 SLI configuration alone? I think 900p at 60fps is good all things considered.

• Timmy
          September 24th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

no jealousy here son. I could care less about your setup. 60 FPS or 120 FPS your still a DBag.

• Mini
          September 25th, 2013 at 7:58 pm

LOL good job kid. Update me how much your system is worth next year. Hahahah

• Bojack
      September 24th, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Omg no way! You’re so cool!

• T
      September 24th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Good for you buddy!? Now tell me, how much in total did it cost you to have such an amazing setup? Less then the ps4? I highly doubt it..

• Cowkill
        September 24th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

2000$ at least for his rig. Maybe more.

• BL
          September 24th, 2013 at 2:22 pm

$3200 but nice try. Stick with the PS4 seems to suit types like you guys listed here fine.

• BL
        September 24th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Got it to spend, You sound like your about 17 or 18 btw…

• EJ
          September 24th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Youre probably just a lonely dbag with no life who borrows money from parents. Now gtfo cause no one cares how good your pc is. We care about what next gen consoles will be like.

• George
            September 24th, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I wasn’t going to comment but I do own a decent rig which cost me around $1400 in 2011. Now, I did pay for it using money I saved and justified it since I worked out of the house as well so I used it extensively.

Of course the console platform will NOT be as powerful as a PC given price and upgrade ability. I think it is amazing that they are able to support current gen consoles with this new game and is great. Also, not everyone has the budget to spend that much on a machine or justify it.

Personally, I prefer gaming on PC and cannot justify purchasing a console but that is me.

Can’t we all get along? **passes the special cigarette.

• Michael
          September 29th, 2013 at 10:46 am

Also do you think anyone will pay more then 500USD for a console?MS and Sony could had built a console that could beat 3 titans/780’s if they wanted but you would be looking at 1500-2000USD and that’s MS/Sony eating much of the cost.Sorry but consoles will never out power Pc’s.You buy a console for Exclusives you can’t get on Pc.With the Indie movement console players will get most of those Pc only games as well.Thanks to X-86 architect,games won’t cost much to port over Pc to Console vice a versa

• AM8532
      September 26th, 2013 at 6:44 am

Hahaha..Boob. Why don’t you send your 90 frames a second rig and I’ll tell you what a vagina feels like.

• Michael
      September 29th, 2013 at 10:35 am

Yea your Gpu’s alone cost twice as much as a Ps4…

• Road Kill
      September 29th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

So you had to spend $1,200.00 on gpu’s alone, not to mention the rest of your rig and then add in your monitor? You spent 5 to to 9 times the price of an X1 on your rig so i would hope it beat Next Gen specs.

2. Sparky
    September 24th, 2013 at 9:45 am

Its hard to get an idea of what excatly it will look like on ps4, but from what i can see looks pretty good. We need some high def videos to get a better idea. Heres to hoping bf4 on ps4 will be a decent jump from current gen.

3. Tim Rizk
    September 24th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

“And while we’ve heard some disappointing news about the PlayStation 4 version of Battlefield 4, we must say it looks pretty good and polished. The PS4 version reportedly runs at 900p (upscaled to 1080p) at 60 frames per second.”

Whats the bad news?? That the game runs on 900p @ 60 fps?

• Trech
      September 24th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I agree Tim, 900p @ 60fps on a 60inch is just fine by me, especially sitting on my comfy couch playing. Unlike the dude at the top running 1600p 90fps on his 20-25″ monitor.

I definitely agree that PC can and always will look the best, but once you get out of the alpha PC gaming, coming home, dealing with a wife and the kids, it is gonna be nice to say Xbox BF4!!! and that is what all us console gamers have to do, put in disc and play.

At one point in life, simplicity is a nice thing to have…..

Other than that, Bring on the next Gen’s !!! and let us blow some crap up with BF4!!

• Tenzing
        September 25th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I love how console gamers forget that you can play PC games on your HDTV. Now excuse me while I play with the Oculus Rift and wait for my PS4 and SteamBox.

• xShaD
          October 24th, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Yeaaa because playing PC games on your TV with a mouse and a keyboard sitting on your couch instead of a desktop in front of a monitor is a great alternative to sitting on it holding a controller, has anyone ever done that anyways?

4. kennz
    September 24th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

DICE KNOW’S THE BF4 GAME VERSION ON CONSOLE AND NEXT GEN SYSTEM LOOK LIKE SHIT,,,,,,,,,,,, THE ONLY WAY WE SEE IT IS ON THE SHIT BETA FULL OF BUGS….. LOL YOUR ASS DICE.

• Cowkill
      September 24th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

No coherence in sentence, horrible grammar, capslock fullmode activated.
      You’re a champion buddy.

• GeneralDummkopf
        September 25th, 2013 at 7:24 pm

GG no re

5. Nando
    September 24th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

..except the asian girl at first video.. lel

6. WOW YOUR COOL
    September 24th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

nooooo body cares.

7. BF4
    September 25th, 2013 at 8:35 am

Well its bomba look better then ps3 version for sure its not gonna look better then pc of course they cost like 3 to 10 more than a console. Just for the record pc gamers and console gamers will never get along I honestly think pc has better graphics and consoles have better skills dice should just make a way for us to play against each other to settle this.

8. BF4
    September 25th, 2013 at 8:35 am

9. danvan
    September 25th, 2013 at 10:04 am

ps4 ftw

10. Master and comander
    October 8th, 2013 at 11:03 am

Pc gamers have better visuals console gamers have an affordable system now can’t we get along. its just a game. i cannot see myself spending big money on a gaming computer if the only benefit is better visuals.

11. amosley88
    October 16th, 2013 at 8:30 am

When will we get a trailer or something of next gen single player gameplay?

• amosley88