You can’t revive knifed players in Battlefield 4

Players killed with a knife will not be able to get revived by their teammates, DICE confirms.

Battlefield 4 knife attack
There’s not a more satisfying way of killing an opponent in Battlefield than knifing them. It’s the hardest kill to pull off for a number of reasons — you have to be stealthy and quick on your feet. And in Battlefield 4, knifing an opponent will be even more satisfying.

DICE has confirmed that players who are killed with a knife won’t be able to get revived by their teammates. A lot of players have previously requested a similar tweak to those who get killed with a headshot, but DICE opted to make only knife kills un-revivable.

Knifing in Battlefield 4 has some added features, such as a counter-attack, where a player who is about to get knifed has a split second to hit the “counter-knife” button, which results in almost a “melee fight”. We’re not sure of this will be a matter of button mashing to see who comes out on top.

What do you think of DICE’s decision to remove the revive option on knifed players? Let us know your thoughts!

Battlefield 4 knife fight

TAGS:

1. Collision
    September 10th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Then it’s a must to disable this option for headshotted players.

• Johnny Neat
      September 10th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Hear, hear!

2. ChrisNZ
    September 10th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

What about players hit by explosives too? Like rpgs and C4?
    You cant revive suicided players, those who have been in vehicles in BF3?

• Dredneck
      September 11th, 2013 at 6:36 am

I keep seeing this request for more type of non-revivable kills. I think they’re missing the point. It’s not how the guy was killed. What makes a knife tougher to come back from than bullets. It’s just about what it takes to knife someone. You have to get close enough to someone without being shot. It’s reward for the effort.

3. N-Shifter
    September 10th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I really like this, wish it counted for head shots as well though. I know it makes sense for you not to be able to be revived if killed by a tank for example but I think they should leave that alone since if they remove most of the revive situations then reviving anyone will become rare and folks will be more inclined to hold back instead of attacking and that would be horrible.

4. BF4
    September 10th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I think its good I’m getting annoyed with all these ppl crying about not reviving headshots who cares I do what is called check the dead I kill a guy and wait till medic comes and I kill him to I only do this when I see the opposing team reviving all the time I don’t think its a big problem

5. WOOT FTW
    September 10th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

The less reviving the better.

• This guy is right
      September 10th, 2013 at 6:30 pm

^ so hard, no more medic trains please

• This guy is wrong
        September 14th, 2013 at 8:23 pm

^^Reviving is one of the things that makes battlefield a great team player game.
        Nerf the rambos that run away from their squads.

6. ChessMania
    September 10th, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I dunno.. It seems like a good thing when you knife your enemy he is good as dead but when someone successfully panic stab animation thingy to me I should be able to get revived.., althought I could easily contradict that with Ninja Fingers.. Wow my comment just solved itself. #JustWentFullRetard

7. mike
    September 10th, 2013 at 7:19 pm

what about mav, eod robot, repair tool, those are harder than knife

• Red
      September 10th, 2013 at 10:53 pm

MAV is actually a lot easier than knifing, if you have practiced with it

• Storm_Worm5364
      September 11th, 2013 at 12:02 am

But those are not a weapon such as a knife…. Those have defined things to do such as repairing, arming m-coms and spotting… Players such use them as a weapon…

8. LeadTheWay
    September 10th, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I like it. It’s so satisfying to grab a sniper by the shoulder, flip um around, and stab him in the neck. It’s a powerful feeling, because essentially, all that a sniper can see, he owns.

9. flamingfirewolf
    September 10th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

i really like this idea, the amount of times that i have risked my player/account with going in for the knife and then they just get revived, it just takes most of the effect of knifing. with the new counter-knife when knifed from the front i think that it was needed to buff it a bit to make it more insulting.
    this makes me want to knife even more than i planed and i hope that they get their act together with the knifing as at the moment it glitches out most of the time.

as far as getting a head-shot and not being able to be revived is a bit over the top as it is still a video game and we really don’t want it to become like “COD” but i think that being shot in the head with weapons like the .50 cal sniper should not allow you to be revived as that still implements the idea but also keeps that game as it is.

10. chickenball
    September 11th, 2013 at 8:03 am

Yes i think if headshots are unrevivable then people wouldnt attack nearly as much.

What about just the battle pickups though? Would make them even cooler to have a .50 cal headshot keep a player on the ground no matter what. And a USAS with frags to the head would turn your face inside out. Might be an option worth exploring…

11. TLDR
    September 11th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

ITT: Snipers complain that they can’t be even more broken.

12. Cowkill
    September 12th, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Guys, you should be more precise in your news concerning the knife counter-attack : it will be avaiable only if you’re knifed from the front or rear side, not from behind. And you won’t have to smash buttons, just one key.

September 14th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Love stabbing the coward hiding snipers. No revive makes the kill even sweeter.

14. old fart
    October 17th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

well, here is my take on it. dice and ea can and will do what they want.

i personally think its stupid to say you can’t revive a knifed player. I also think its stupid that a sniper head shot player can’t be revived. the ONLY players that should NOT be able to be revived are those that get BLOWN UP!!!! tank, helo, c4, grenade. if your body is not blown to bits you should be able to be revived. and to say a sniper headshot should be able to revive from is just plain stupid. they say they try to make it real. well if they actually wanted to make it real, (no more lock on RPG from lazed helo or tank) there should be NO revive of ANY killed player, only healing those that are injured. now that would be real, dead is dead.

everyone has their own (jealous) reasons to want or not want this or that kill to be revived. at the end of the day , it will be what they decide and we will still play regardless of what we would personally choose.

my vote is for anyone that is not blow up should be able to be revived, it fits into the “keep it real” more than picking and choosing no revive of sniper head shots and knife kills.

seems that some of you would like to do away with a whole class of player(medic) unreal. is your kill taken away if someone is revived? no, so stfu

15. Nate
    November 5th, 2013 at 8:15 pm

How about not being able to knife someone while they’re on a turret? I don’t know how many times I got killed trying to do that. I’ll stand right there and the knife will go right last them but nothing will happen >:[