A closer look at the new Battlefield 4 maps

A closer look at all the new maps featured in the latest multiplayer trailer.

The latest multiplayer trailer gave us a few good glimpses of the other Battlefield 4 maps and settings. Taking a closer look at the trailer revealed some of those maps in detail. In all, 8 different maps were showcased in the trailer (Battlefield 4 launches with 10 maps). The map settings range from urban, to desert, to jungle, and more.

Check out the new BF4 screenshots below and an analysis of the new maps. Click the images for a larger view.

Operation Locker is the snow covered Battlefield 4 map we saw during the Battlelog trailer a few weeks ago. It’s a linear map with snowy exteriors and also interiors that take place in a large cave / mine. It reminds us a lot of the Damavand Peak map from BF3. It also seems to have a cool “frost” effect added to the HUD.

Battlefield 4 operation locker 2

Battlefield 4 operation locker 1

The “flood / dam map” as seen in the new trailer: it has urban environments which can be flooded with water. Also, it’s set in China (as seen on the building signs).

BF4 dam

BF4 dam 2

Another dam map was showcased, but this one did not have any water — just a wall collapsing. This is likely the map we saw in the Commander post last month.

BF4 wall

BF4 wall 2

Arecibo-style telescope map features a large telescope similar to the famous Arecibo Observatory. This is likely a much larger telescope that currently under construction in China. Players will be able to move both on the surface of the telescope, and beneath it, which features some lush vegetation.

Battlefield 4 telescope map

Battlefield 4 telescope map 2

Other maps showcased include a very large, open map with a lot of vehicles, including jets, tanks, helicopters, and more.

BF 4 map

BF 4 map 2

And for good fun, here’s an awesome GIF from the recent trailer. The new explosions sure look good.

BF4 GIF

Props to J0hn-Stuart-Mill over at Symthic for the breakdown.

TAGS:

1. Collision
    September 19th, 2013 at 10:52 am

There is only one dam map

• SkyS1gn
      September 19th, 2013 at 11:29 am

There is 2.

One when you flod the city, where is water behind the dam, and the other map… where the dam is much bigger, you cant see water, only rumble!

• yo
        September 19th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

There ARE 2

2. Joeku
    September 19th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Will you have to pay to rent servers on the Xbox one editon of battlefield 4. I really don’t want to pay just to create my own game. I hope Microsoft having dedicated servers means I don’t have to pay. I also want to start games at the beginning of matches, not in the middle or near the end. The only way I see I can do this is by creating my own game

• N-Shifter
      September 19th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Of course you have to pay, it’s a “rented server”, you think there are just going to give a rented server away to anyone that want’s one?

Also, Microsoft’s servers have nothing to do with BF4, it’s EA’s servers that Battlefield uses.

3. gamefreak
    September 19th, 2013 at 7:37 pm

I put together all the footage of the maps and put them in order.

4. tumi
    September 19th, 2013 at 10:27 pm

last two pics are from the map “Golmud Railway” (china)

5. ViKrieg
    September 20th, 2013 at 6:04 am

Did someone say jungle maps? I think my penis just got even harder for this game!
    I’ve missed some good ol’ jungle maps since Bad Company 2.
    So happy to hear they’ve made a return even if we haven’t seen anything of them yet.
    Also, can’t have enough snow type maps! Sounds awesome!

• ViKrieg
      September 20th, 2013 at 6:06 am

Sorry, correctig myself after I realized Parcel Storm is pretty much an island hopping jungle like map.
      I just hope we see more land based jungle maps sometime.
      Bad Company 2 or Battlefield Vietnam type stuff.
      Let it be so!

• Lalala
        September 21st, 2013 at 2:33 am

As far is i saw, the China Rising expansion pack had some Jungle / nature maps.