A look inside Battlefield 4 developer DICE’s offices

A guided video tour of the office of developer DICE while they're working on polishing the game.

DICE is hard at work on Battlefield 4 at their office in Sweden (and in Los Angeles), and EA Japan came for a quick visit. The video shows off the impressive offices where Battlefield 4 is created, where employees have access to all sorts of stuff. From a large kitchen that serves breakfast/lunch/dinner, to a game room, gym, and more, it certainly appears that the hundreds of people who are working on the game are treated really well.

Check out the cool video above, which is in English (with Japanese subtitles). We particularly like the fun UI they added to parts of the video, making it look like a first person view from the game. DICE is currently putting the finishing touches on Battlefield 4, which will be released in less than two months (with the beta coming in less than one month).

TAGS:

1. danvan
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Treated well what Do you expect they get treated like slaves

• Tenzing
      September 11th, 2013 at 7:33 pm

No, that would be 4A games (Metro devs).

2. KENNZ
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Let DICE’S CEO PAT BACH, TALK ABOUT HOW BAD OF A PORT BF3 WAS. LOL NUFF SAID.

• N-Shifter
      September 9th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Such bitterness.

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
        September 9th, 2013 at 5:51 pm

They already talked about it.

“We said originally that the PC was the lead SKU of the game, but in mid-production we switched to console as lead platform to make sure we could get all the versions done for release,”

They had to do what they had to do to finish the game on time. If they delayed the release date then people would get pissed, EA would be missing out on releasing BF3 before the next Call of Duty and there are contracts and deadlines that need to be met.

• George
          September 10th, 2013 at 6:48 am

I put myself in their position and with their schedules it is possible they didn’t have as much time on BF3 as we would like to believe. Then, switching direction from PC to console that late in development kind of screws things. They had to kill the destruction effects and other things that didn’t make it into the game.

However, overall I still enjoy playing the game. It has its moments that I hate it though but that has always been the case for BF3

Now, I’m really looking forward to BF4. They are building off of BF3’s engine and everything they learned. I’m very happy to see some of the things that made BF2 awesome come into this release.

Heres to a great BF4 game!

3. name
    September 11th, 2013 at 5:30 pm

no wonder the games doesnt progress well

4. Charles Rush
    February 8th, 2014 at 1:20 pm

You say you’ve created the game so everyone would have fun playing but I’m having just the opposite. I spend more time killed and re-spawning into the game more than anything I’ve ever played. So many scenarios that just don’t make sense that get you dead where in reality would not be the case. I think it would be better if your developers actually knew something about the battlefield. It’s been three months now and still having problems getting into a server. I’m about ready to give up playing this one and I won’t buy another Battlefield game.