New details on Battlelog for BF4

Tons of new details on Battlelog for Battlefield 4, including better stats, leaderboards, and more.

DICE has revealed a ton of new details on Battlelog for Battlefield 4. Battlelog will receive a complete overhaul in time for BF4, and will include plenty of new features, including BattleScreen, where players can use other devices for the minimap, geo-leaderboards with a new “Divisions” ranking section, and more. Read on for the full details.

In-game Battlelog overlay

Battlelog Battlefield 4 overlay
In Battlefield 4, you can easily access Battlelog from within the game. As you have seen in the screenshots, there is a Battlelog button in the upper right corner of the HUD, which gives quick access to your online friends, your assignments, challenges from friends (called “Missions”), and more. The Battlelog overlay also gives information on your squad mates, where you can easily add them as friends, and more.

The new option also lets you join a different server while playing a game. You simply pull up the server list and click join on whichever server you want — no need to exit the game and go to Battlelog (on PC).

New Battlelog loadout and Battlescreen features

Battlefield 4 Battlescreen minimap
The loadout on Battlelog is now in real time — as soon as you change your loadout in a browser or on your mobile device, it’s automatically updated in-game. Players will be able to use the iOS and Android apps to change their loadouts as well.

The new BattleScreen feature adds a second screen experience to the game. Players can use their tablets and phones as the BattleScreen, which can be set as a minimap. PC players with a dual monitor support will be able to use the other monitor for the map, using the BattleScreen feature. All minimap and BattleScreen features are in real time, regardless of what screen/device is used.

New Geo-leaderboards and “divisions”

As discussed last month, players will be able to use the brand new Geo-Leaderboards in Battlefield 4 to compare themselves to other players in their country, or city, or even neighborhood.

Players will also be divided into Divisions, a feature taken from the FIFA series. There will be 10 divisions, 10 being the lowest one, and 1 being the highest one. Players might rank in the number 1 division in their city, but the number 3 division in the world, and so on. This will give players a better idea on how they stack up against other players in the world.

More detailed stats

BF4 Battlelog soldier
Stats and battle reports will be more detailed in Battlefield 4, and the game will calculate the best player in the match from a number of different criteria, not just the score. There will be a number of smaller awards in addition to the “Top Player” award after each round. The Battlefield 4 stats feature will also be expanded and offer more detailed stats on almost every aspect of the game.

1. Console Gamer
    September 21st, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I was wondering if the console version of BF4 was going to be worth getting?
    I’m not getting next gen until next year or so…but I love Battlefield!

• cicle
      September 22nd, 2013 at 8:15 am

Ofcource it isn’t worth getting BF3/BF4 for curent gen consoles, they are way to weak to deliver the smooth gameplay, good graphics, 64players and so on, I think the next gen consoles will deliver a decent Battlefield experience, but if you realy want the best, you will have to get it for PC if you have a good PC.

• Will
        October 27th, 2013 at 7:50 pm

I actually really enjoyed the BF4 beta on the 360. Of course it’s not going to be as good as the Xbone version, but it’s definitely worth getting it rather than waiting for an entire year like that guy is planning to do.

I mean what are the alternatives for us guys who are gonna wait for the next gen prices to drop a little, Call of Duty? No thanks.

• Race
      February 22nd, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Yes absolutely. Yes if u pay a few hundo on your PC for a sick graphics card/rig good for u. Wrecking it like miley on PS3 is still legit for BF4 and BF3. New gens will be buggy so im waiting for at least second gen for my PS4. I prefer PS3 controls over PC/XB and still satisfied.

2. sneath
    September 21st, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I’m gonna try and be in the number 1 division of Arnhem, The Netherlands!

September 21st, 2013 at 6:40 pm

The only true next gen platform is the PC, those other ones are not.

• George
      September 21st, 2013 at 8:21 pm

All hail the master PC race!

• ViKrieg
      September 22nd, 2013 at 2:05 pm

PC gamer here, and that has to be one of the most insulting things you can say as a gamer.
      Get off your high horse, and give even just a tiny shred of respect for our console brethren.
      And PC gamers wonder why we get so much shit flung our way, with attitudes like that, it’s not hard to see why.
      And this especially hails to the guy who posted below you as well.

• phobia
        September 23rd, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Amen to that ViKrieg.
        And I am a PC gamer as well.

• George
          September 24th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Oh my… sensitive are we now.

In all seriousness, it does not matter to me what platform you use.

• Saw7447
            November 1st, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I play xbox 360 and I wish I could play PC but my PC is so low end I don’t even consider it a computer anymore, how ever despite PC being better then the console gamers you guys should consider that some (if not most) console gamers have consoles because maintenance on a PC is just to much for some people.

4. AM8532
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I love it on PC as well. But make no mistake, EA makes buku money selling it on consoles. All that revenue helps fund the growing beast that is Battlefield…

5. flamingfirewolf
    September 24th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

why under the suggestions on the first pic it says “bronze battlepack”???
    could someone please tell me if we can unlock them by playing or just by buying them with real money?

• jibrie
      September 26th, 2013 at 9:02 am

They are in game packs to unlock attachments and weapons, you can get them with pre order or premium but there has been no word on micro transactions for battlepacks

6. BF4=COD Now
    October 2nd, 2013 at 1:46 am

I was expecting a lot more from Battlefield when playing it. You cant even destroy half the objects and buildings, that they made out you could. There are a couple of little improvements but nothing that hasn’t been done before in other games. This game is not worth the investment of buying for the price that’s set as well as them trying to sell you a premium pack worth almost the price of the game again. From the talks of “Levelution” I was expecting to be able to destroy pretty much anything, but after a good couple hours roaming around in tanks and trying every explosive weapon I could get, Bordem set in and frustration at what seemed like firing blanks.

7. wildfire
    October 5th, 2013 at 12:50 am

lol at ppl who forget it’s a Beta, this is probably a build from far back as May we’re playing so it’s gonna be a tad shitty, also I have a PC, 360 and PS3 so I have no need to be a fanboy ftw. :) will be getting PS4 before end of the year too, probably Xbone next year. :/