Battlefield 4 beta footage

Hours of gameplay footage from the beta

The Battlefield 4 beta is officially on for those with early access, and safe to say, it’s a lot of fun. The beta takes place on the Siege of Shanghai map, and features the classic Conquest mode. Furthermore, we get access to the brand new Battlelog with most of its features available. As for the game itself, the selection of weapons is quite limited, but that was expected.

For those that haven’t got the beta yet, we’ve grabbed some interesting videos from YouTube that give a good general impression of the Battlefield 4 beta — it’s definitely worth the hefty download. Of course, this being a beta, there are some bugs and glitches, but over all, it’s quite fun. Enjoy the videos, and see you on the battlefield!

There are tons of videos on YouTube and plenty of livestreams as well, if you’re interested in more footage. We’ll be writing up our impressions of the game in a few days.

Have you tried the beta yet? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section!

TAGS: ,

1. Jim cos
    October 1st, 2013 at 11:35 am

Even though it’s beta, Battlefield 3 looks a hell of a lot better; stick to BF3 even though that game is complete bs as well.

• Witte8
      October 1st, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I shall spell it for you …. “B – E – T – A ” … Why do people just can sem to understand this concept. The build is older than the current build.. Probably not all all eye candy is turned on…as wasn’t the case with the bf3 beta back in the days… Dice just want to,tease us BUT in first instance this is a test…. Server test, net code test… They turn off and on things…

Please …. please… keep this in my mind!

• Jim cos
        October 1st, 2013 at 6:57 pm

I know its a Beta . My thing is gameplay sucks, Controls are horrible… Vehicle controls are a joke. Ruined the entire game in my opinion. Movement in BF3 felt more like the your soldier had some weight and physics to him. Movement in BF4 feels more cheap, and arcade COD like, it didn’t give me the kick like how it was in BF3, audio is also very bad. all effect sounds are like coming from a grave. Even the Beta for BF3 was impressive and it show case itself when the final product came out, it felt kind of like a BF3 parody.

• ViKrieg
          October 1st, 2013 at 11:35 pm

You hit the nail right on the head on many of my complaints.
          For some reason, I too felt that the Battlefield 3 beta felt more complete.
          The full game wasn’t too far from the beta honestly, and the patches later on in the year fixed many of its early issues left over from the beta.
          HOWEVER, I have always been an optimist and hope that the full game will be vastly improved over the beta.
          This doesn’t mean my order for the game is going to be cancelled, just because the beta wasn’t as satisfactory.
          And I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have fun, because it is still quite enjoyable deapite its short commings.

• whatever_sa
          October 2nd, 2013 at 3:45 am

i totally disagree with everything you say. bf4 beta had a much improved feel, even with all the lag

2. john
    October 1st, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Stick with bf3 if you like to destroy things all the destruction in3 is better than the one measly skyscraper that goes down.heh

• ViKrieg
      October 1st, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I know it’s a beta and all, but the tower falling was made to be such a big deal with this map.
      And well, I found it to be so underwhelming in this.
      If you stand on an adjacent building, you can actually see the tower just clip through the ground, and the rubble just appearing on top of its place.
      I just don’t know, it looked so cheesy, I couldn’t help but chuckle.

• Guy
        October 1st, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Beta…

• ViKrieg
          October 1st, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I really hope you are responding to the poster above me.
          Because I CLEARLY stated that I know this is a beta.
          And I’d really hope that you know how to read, if this wasn’t the case.
          -.-

3. Red
    October 1st, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I found the beta really good. IMO its nothing like BF3, Bipods actually work now and I like the corner-leaning. It is also easy to counter-knife, all the maps exclusives like the elevators work well and look nice. Weapons are a lot more accurate than they were in BF3. Though I kinda hate how you lose the rest of your mag when your reload ( of its not empty ), but well its something you have to get usea to. In overall, I found the beta really interesting… Cant wait to play some more today

• ViKrieg
      October 1st, 2013 at 11:38 pm

They really need to make counter knifing a lot harder to master sometime.
      It’s way too liberal! It practically gives you three whole seconds lf response time, to wait for you to mash the counter knife key.
      I kept doing it tl people, and laughing at how incredibly easy it is!
      It alsmot feels like cheating.
      XD

4. GameRevitalised
    October 1st, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Check out my game-play footage – took from the first hour of beta 🙂

5. Tom
    October 2nd, 2013 at 12:37 am

Played this last night on the ps3 and in split minds about it

Love:
    Lean function
    Love the comma rose finally making a appearance on consoles
    Menus and clicking where to spawn with a tiny vid feed of players in squad is nice
    Battlefield 4!!
    And I’m kinda struggling with the rest

Hate: (well not hate just annoyed)
    Everything looked muddy and not sharp( even for this gen looked bad)
    New controls… Jeeps and tanks really don’t work and feels horrible
    No weight to the character feels more like a arcade shooter
    Levoultion looks really bad and cheesy ( is this the only thing that blows up)
    Not a fan of the map. It’s just too basic

Then again it is a beta I just hope we’re not left with this in the end

But one thing. Is clear I’m getting a gaming PC and playing it the proper way

6. Kopernikos
    October 2nd, 2013 at 5:40 am

Why everybody has low fps?…Or its the videos fault?

7. thisiscool
    October 2nd, 2013 at 8:38 am

bf4 beta controls are really bad what controls should i use

8. Maverick1776
    October 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 am

What beta are you guys playing?
    It was a lagfest during the 1st 4-6 hours of going live, but after that, I have had no issues with the beta.
    Granted I have spotted bugs, but to say the game looks like crap? Come on…
    I’m playing on Ultra, and the 1st thing I noticed is how the blue tint that BF3 has is gone. This a plus, because now the game looks warmer, has a more real feeling.
    The textures look just as good as they do in BF3, if not better in some areas.
    The fire/explosions look much better in BF4
    The sounds feel like they are glitchy, but this could be do the beta/lag issues.
    Driving vehicles and flying helicopters has never been easier.
    Weapon mods went through the roof, there is so much customizable stuff, its rediculous.

Try to remember this is beta. When you played BF3 beta, you played 1/3 of the Metro map. Keep in mind, Siege of Shangai is like 4x larger than Metro.
    There are also so many more things going on now. Tons of destroyable objects, smoke, fog on the entire map after that building collapses, vehicles everywhere, and 64 people. Make no mistake, this game is meant to tax the latest hardware.

Think Crysis when it 1st came out. People are already reporting 2 – 2.85GB of VRAM usage while playing Ultra BF4.

• ViKrieg
      October 3rd, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I could say the same thing to you: “What beta are YOU playing?”
      Most of the users on here have already stated most of the big complaints with the Battlefield 4 beta.
      And guess what? It’s not a whole lot of them either, so that is a good indication that this isn’t a disaster.
      I also want you to understand a lot of the reason as to why Crysis 1 was so taxing on hardware.
      It wasn’t that optimized for current generation hardware.
      You can clearly tell this is a beta engine optimization issue we are talking about with the Battlefield 4 beta.
      Think about it, the engine is the same as Battlefield 3, just more polished.
      There is no reason why people with the most powerful cards are still getting issues with stability on a game that they promised wasn’t going to kill cards much more than Battlefield 3 does right now.
      So no, this is nothing like the original “Crysis”.