Battlefield 4 beta graphics on PC vs Xbox 360

New video shows the graphics comparison between the PC and Xbox 360 console.

Battlefield 4 beta on PC
The Battlefield 4 beta is out on the PC and consoles, and it was only a matter of time before the PC and console versions were compared graphics wise. Which is what the below video does. Keep in mind though that the Battlefield 4 beta does not include all the graphical features enabled. Also keep in mind that the console version is limited to 720p and runs on almost 8 year old hardware. In that case, we’re quite surprised just how well the game performs on the Xbox 360.

While the video doesn’t give the full picture — it’s compressed after all, and limited to only 30 frames per second, it does show what we expected: the PC version is the superior one. But when it comes to the beta, the Xbox 360 doesn’t seem to be that far behind. This will of course change once the full game is released and the PC version includes all the new visual features.

TAGS: ,

1. mintas123
    October 2nd, 2013 at 10:44 am

At least they have cons. 30 FPS 🙁 Not like my compuer- on low all time 60-80, then suddenly 15 FPS O.o And i have this beta drivers

• ViKrief
      October 2nd, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Ha ha! I hear you man! My thoughts exactly!
      Here’s to hoping that this is only unoptimised in the beta, and is MUCH more optimised in the final product.
      XD

• George
        October 2nd, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Only played for 30 mins yesterday prior to work but yeah the game needs to be optomized as it was lagging. Running the EVGA NVIDIA Geforce 660 SuperClock card w/beta drivers. Seriously considering going AMD chipset and selling card but need to save my cash…

2. Olympus
    October 2nd, 2013 at 1:42 pm

They kinda look the same.

• Tenzing
      October 4th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

You must be blind. Did you even put the video to full screen and 1080P? I think not.

October 2nd, 2013 at 4:49 pm

getting 50-60 fps all ultra 2560 x 1600 there is no comparison to a console from my perspective not even so called next gen consoles.

• Aj
      October 5th, 2013 at 4:52 am

Lol and how much do you have to pay for a pc to run bf on ultra at 2560 x 1600 I wonder?

• Steve lobs
        October 5th, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Not as nearly as much as you think i could get a rig to pull that for for $1500 with the right parts.

As that may be way more than a console you could get a pc to run at 50-60 fps all ultra on 1920×1080 for 600-700 bucks.

Consoles run at 30 fps on less than lowest graphics settings on pc at a Damn small res of 1280×720

So it is really worth it PC>Console

• Craig
        October 6th, 2013 at 7:01 am

I play at 2560×1440 (crossover) with GTX660Ti 3GB versions in SLI. Settings are all Ultra getting 60-80fps average. Which crysis 3 everything on ultra gets around 40-50. So they definitely need to fix the nvidia drivers because crysis 3 makes bf4 look like a 5 year old game.

• Braydon
          October 6th, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I play on 3x 1080p screens all ultra. Beat that, consoles. ;P

4. Graham
    October 3rd, 2013 at 5:57 am

No way a console will ever be-able to match a pc on graphics, new gpu’s coming out all the time, but consoles don’t have to put up with all the cheaters and hackers so this wins everytime.

• Steve lobs
      October 5th, 2013 at 8:35 pm

“but consoles don’t have to put up with all the cheaters and hackers so this wins everytime.”

20 hours in bf4 beta yet to see so called hackers

• Jason
        October 15th, 2013 at 7:41 pm

I can’t play consoles because of cheaters and hackers. Look at CoDMW2, halo 3 and 4 both have hackers. BF 3 for PC I have yet see a cheater thanks to bunkerbuster.

5. oliver
    October 3rd, 2013 at 6:19 am

I play the beta on xbox and from what ive seen on pc there are parts of the environment missing however I bet the final game will be 2 disc and have an option for better graphics that needs like an extra 2 gig of memory

6. Warewolf73
    October 5th, 2013 at 8:57 am

PC will always be better for obvious reasons but not massive differences. Still, if I had the money I would consider a pc or next gen console but then I wouldn’t be able to play against my friends as they probably couldn’t afford it. Hope they’ll be a budget xbox One, maybe without Kinect to cheapen it.

• Steve lobs
      October 5th, 2013 at 8:47 pm

“PC will always be better for obvious reasons but not massive differences.”

Well the resolution alone is a HUGE difference. 1920×1080 at 60 fps Is Amazingly better than the consoles 1280×720 30 fps.

Controls debatable

64 players nuff said

But as always it is personal preference i just wish to show the world the glorious pc and untrap console users.

Have a nice day

• TJ
        October 6th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

You do realize the next gen consoles will also have 64 players right? Some people prefer consoles because many of their friends (real life because many of us have lives) play that game on the same console. PC not everyone can afford 1000+ $ for a rig just to play the game, then buying the game, and such.

• AK
          October 6th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

*facepalm*

• rhettmania
          October 9th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

you do realize that next gen consoles hardware is already obsolete? And yes anyone can afford a PC. It’s called saving your money. Or DIY piece by piece over a few months. Problem solved.

7. JIM
    October 8th, 2013 at 4:33 am

if looking to reduce some of the stutters in game, go to task manager, processes, right click on bf4 and set it to low priority

8. JD
    October 9th, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Well im 12 and yes i know what your first reaction is oh here we go. I certainly cant afford a gaming PC even though i want one. Im just wondering why die DICE and EA put more stuff in the PC version and not in the xbox 360 version?

also my gamer tag is Panzer003

9. CyberClash
    October 11th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I played the Beta on all three.
    PS3 and Xbox 360 were about the same. I enjoyed the controls better on PS3 but the community more on 360.

As for the PC version:
    I have a GTX680, AMD 8 core 3.6 GHZ processor with 16 GB of RipJaws and it lagged horribly on the lowest settings. It was pathetic. I would rather play any console at a steady framerate then on my PC with choppy yet awesome graphics. Unplayable beta does not give one “Good Vibes”. So I will just stick to my console for shooters and to my PC for my other games. Maybe down the road I will make the switch but no way would I pre-order on the assumption PC lag will be fixed.

10. Relentless
    October 13th, 2013 at 12:40 am

You do know that the graphics on the PC are not set to final specs in the beta, right?
    “DICE technical director Johan Andersson has assured concerned Battlefield 4 fans that the game will look better at launch.

While it might mostly pertain to the PC version of the game, Andersson confirms that not all graphical options are available in the currently ongoing beta and that performance is not final. The game’s visuals will “be better and/or faster” at release.

11. Vulsaviik
    October 24th, 2013 at 10:28 am

I’d just like to point out that even though I’m planning a $3000 PC build I’m still playing this on ps3. Why? Because its what my friends will be playing it on, and they dont see the need to spend any money on a computer when their laptops will do their uni work and they already have consoles. Stupid pc gamers thinking its the only option