Battlefield 4 beta hackers already spotted: report

The first hackers have been spotted in the BF4 beta.

battlefield-4-hacker
It didn’t take long before the first hacking reports from the Battlefield 4 beta surfaced. Players are reporting cheaters and hackers on Battlelog, and some of the player stats confirm this. The above stats (link) suggest that most of the hits from the Type 88 LMG have resulted in kills.

According to the raw stats, the weapon fired 3557 shots fired at 6.2% accuracy results in 232 hits. Which resulted in 160 kills — something that’s highly unlikely. The stat is even more incriminating when it comes to the U-100 MK5 LMG. Not to mention the extremely high kills/min ratio for most weapons in the game.

Hacking is nothing new in the series. There are still plenty of hackers in BF3 — two years after the release of the game. The BF3 beta was also plagued by hackers at some point. Hopefully DICE will look into this and patch things up as much as possible before the game launches on October 29.

TAGS: ,

1. CC
    October 2nd, 2013 at 5:45 pm

ArtificialAiming are the first to release a hack BF4. PB is simply a joke even now with BF3 its been 7+ months since the last detection.. it took another site over a year to finally get detected (it was patched within 2 hours and has not been detected since!)

They really need to up their anticheat.

• Storm_Worm5364
      October 2nd, 2013 at 10:53 pm

PB isn’t even ON, you can see in the server stats… Which is stupid -.-‘

• jj
      October 3rd, 2013 at 1:56 am

Artificial Aiming released a hack yesterday. They guy in the screenshot is one of them hence the [AA] tags.

The hack is “injected” into prior to launch of the game and punkbuster then closes down, so when PB scans your system there is nothing running for it to register. Very simple work around of PB, which is indeed useless.

AA has THOUSANDS of registered users, and most hack “under the radar” just using the hacks to get a competitive edge rather than “raging” as you see from the stats above, which is full blown blatant hacking to basically piss people off.

The people who make these hacks are very very talented programmers and their hack for BF3 was only detected on a large scale once, then they simply rewrote it a little bit and it was undetectable again.

They currently have a hack which allows people with PB banned accounts to play again, further showing how shit PB is. It has apparently taken advantage of a loop hole that is now patched on most servers. The same hack allows you to change your name to whatever you want. If you make a duplicate of someone already on the server you will both be kicked by PB, so you can use this to get admins kicked off their own servers.

The level of customisation of their hacks is phenomenal, and way beyond the abilities of publicly available hacks. They charge a monthly fee and make a decent sum of money I imagine.

• Hackerzsuck
        October 8th, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Dice should be worried and they might only need to look as far as another game maker to find a motive for the multitude of hacks.

• whatever
      October 3rd, 2013 at 3:21 am

DICE are too stupid/lazy to implement some real anti-cheat measures. Yeah, we supposedly have spectator mode now, but where’s BattleRecorder?

They shoulda ditched PB to begin with, and the fact that the beta is an unstable, imbalanced piece of shit with cheaters already ruining it on top of that just proves how bad they are. Same lame hitreg, roof campers, and now cheaters.

Not paying a nickel for this diarrhea.

• Witte8
      October 3rd, 2013 at 4:02 am

No … you and all those others should refrain from doing this stupid thing. What’s the fun in scoring points with nog skill or effort? This ruins the whole experience of the game. I don’t understand you are having fun with this?

• AndyW
        October 7th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Others lol

• Loriel
      October 9th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

This is why PC gaming isn’t that good.

• ViKrieg
        October 11th, 2013 at 1:20 am

Yeah, because hackers are ONLY on PC’s, right?
        In a perfect world, people with ignorant minds would be banned from posting EVER on the internet, but alas we don’t live in a perfect world.
        PC’s offer so much more on gaming than in just online games.
        I wish people would also understand that the PC online worlds aren’t infested to the brim with devious hackers or exploiters like stupid people claim.
        I would appreciate it if you matured, even just a little Loriel.
        I know you have it in you!I believe in you!

• DPG
          October 13th, 2013 at 12:56 pm

hackers ARE ONLY on pc vikrieg.. when in the hell has a damn ps3 game been hacked during muliplayer? sony should sue the shit out of u for slander, telling lies that sound true,,,,,,

• sean
            October 13th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

People cheat and hack on consoles just as much as on PC… Your ignorance is astounding

• Gareth
            November 2nd, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Go look on youtube… Elite Mossey V8

Ps3 hacking program for COD MW2….. I used it 😉

Godmode online….AImbot etc… and it gets worse… “Freeze Person(s) Ps3… literally completely freezes their console.

We don’t have that crap on pc

October 2nd, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I spotted one tonight and reported the bastard.

3. Methodoc
    October 2nd, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I found a BF3 hacker playing the beta today, he’s definitely hacking there as well.

4. Graham
    October 3rd, 2013 at 12:17 am

This is why when players say pc is king, I after laf to myself, FPS are virtually unplayable due to the amount of hackers , that’s why I switched to PS3. I will never return to PC gaming until they sort this problem out.

• GamerzX
      October 3rd, 2013 at 3:03 am

you are an idiot if you think the game is unplayable on PC, because the hackers. Never in my life have I seen a hacker in bf3 and played more than 130 hours of that game

• NOGODOJO
        October 7th, 2013 at 1:54 am

A whole 130 hrs? Wow. Just because you have never seen a hacker does not mean it is infested with them. Also i do not not believe you never encountered one, or maybe you are just a punk as well.

• Mike
        October 8th, 2013 at 5:29 am

to GamerzX : WOOOOW…you are the king pal. 130 hours ??? OMG kid. Lets say I have 996 hours on BF3 and personally reported at least 15 obvious cheaters in my nearly 2 years BF3 gaming experience.

• Tunni676
        October 31st, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Dude, if you have never seen a hacker in BF3 after over 130 your either extremely lucky or blind!

• dave
      October 3rd, 2013 at 3:47 am

Your loss.

• matt
      October 3rd, 2013 at 6:09 am

You do realize that you get hackers on console versions

• ViKrieg
      October 3rd, 2013 at 8:32 am

I hope you know that all platforms have hackers. Be sure you do the smart thing, and find servers that regulated by serious admins.
      Problem solved.
      You make it sound like the PC is the bastion of depravity with hackers in never-ending sight, when really it is not.
      Enjoy your PS3, because one or two hackers are not going to make me abandon my PC that has many more games to play than Battlefield 4.

• Graham
        October 4th, 2013 at 2:08 am

@GamerzX If you read wat I said its virtually unplayable these days, and if you’ve played 130 hrs and never seen a hacker then I can only conclude you only played in rooms with by yourself. @Matt console hackers a few and far between but yes I realise there are some. @ViKrieg are you really suggesting play with admins that kick you all the time just because youre better than them, and I did buy bf3 for pc but just too many hackers for my liking, I only really like playing FPS and not much else. @Dave not worth a reply.

• ViKrieg
          October 4th, 2013 at 2:52 am

I want you to be aware that there are plenty of good admins out there.
          Find the servers that work best for you, because I can clearly tell you haven’t played on well run servers before, or you wouldn’t have made it out to sound like you are calling every single admin out to be an evil, vile person.
          That’s like claiming every single police officer is a corrupt, terrible individual.
          Despite there being plenty of good cops in the police field.
          I will send you my deepest condolences if your experience with PC gaming isn’t to your satisfactory levels.
          But, just so are made aware, you’re in the very small minority who seems to be in constant contact with hackers.
          Most people who game on PC’s will never encounter never ending streams of hackers on most AAA titles.
          You’ll find a handful, move on, find better matches and servers, and enjoy yourself.
          It’s so rare to find someone crawl up into a ball, and weep like a baby because a hacker turns a few matches sour.
          So next time, don’t call someone a liar because they have had few encounters with hackers.
          Grow up, act more mature, and understand that people will always continue to play on platforms you won’t be crazy about.
          I hope you will enjoy Battlefield 4 on your console of choice just as much as I intend to have on my PC.
          Good day to you Sir.

• Graham
          October 4th, 2013 at 3:15 am

@GamerzX Also you make it sound like 130hrs is a long time playing, try 947hrs on ps3. I have been playing pc games probably since before a lot of you were born, so seen a lot of hackers in my time.

• ViKrieg
            October 4th, 2013 at 10:15 am

I’d say 130 hours is a long time NOT to see a single a hacker, like he’s claiming.
            Because obviously you seem to find them every two seconds on PC compared to console, according to you.
            Please act your age, if you are claiming to be gaming on PC before we were supposedly “born”.
            Than you would know he, and plenty of others enjoy playing on PC.
            Just except the fact that there are people who will not go to console gaming, no matter how hard you try to make them.
            Understand that people will continue to support the platform they like to play the most.
            So drop the hacker complaints, they really are getting quite old.

• stupid
      October 4th, 2013 at 6:14 am

Troll there are hacks for PS3 too..

• DK
        October 5th, 2013 at 11:47 pm

But PS3 and XBOX One hackers are extremely rare…nothing like the PC where I see hackers in almost every server right now. Saw one tonight where everyone left the server after the round. He would just turn and look at you and death was instant. I really do hope EA fixes this before the final release on 29 October, but I highly doubt it. They never fixed all the hacker issues with BF3…

• ViKrieg
          October 6th, 2013 at 5:40 am

Good thing I can still find plenty of servers free from hackers.
          I’m sorry you can’t seem too.
          Better luck next time!

5. SOUTHNECK
    October 3rd, 2013 at 4:54 am

Jesus, just play the F’ing game and get a job screwing with computers. If you hack and don’t have a full-time job paying to do so – do society a favor and walk out into traffic.

6. GoodGuy
    October 3rd, 2013 at 6:14 am

It will just get worse with fairfight when it starts to ban innocent people. PB does a great job, you guys will all start to complain when you see the stupid shit fairfight does.

7. Anonymous
    October 3rd, 2013 at 10:01 am

These stat are in no way indication of a hacker, just a person who know wtf he’s doing and spray a lot.
    4.5 or 5 kill/min is common when you don’t camp and play the objectives.
    They’re might already be some hacker out here, but let’s be realist, most people have no clue about the game, they are inexperienced and at best will say nothing.

• fmj
      October 7th, 2013 at 9:58 am

Actually its a great indication of a hacker because it averages out to 1.5 shots per kill. Even with getting a few kills that go through more then one person that is highly unlikely. Not to mention the fact that the accuracy is so low I find it hard to believe they are a good enough player to place the shots that well to get a kill in one to two shots. Not to mention they only have 17 headshots. The only way I could see them pulling that off is if they happen to shoot someone who was hit by a sniper prior to them shooting them. Highly unlikely for 160 kills.

8. Ados8000
    October 3rd, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I highly doubt there are many BF4 hackers. Some players have good stats because they’re experienced FPS. I’m an experienced BF3 player and I have terrible stats due to how the beta runs on my PC; try playing with 20 FPS. This guy might be one of the lucky people where the game is running smoothly and therefore, he is slaughtering the disadvantaged.

9. mike
    October 3rd, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I’m guessing the belief this is a hack/cheat is the shots fired vs. hit ratio equaling kill amount. But I can tell u this – I dont hack or cheat and I have over 800 kills with the acw-r. Since its a carbine I can use it with all classes so its what I use almost exclusively. And on battlelog I have over 16 hrs of game play. So a high kill count alone does not a cheater make.

• mike
      October 3rd, 2013 at 9:49 pm

On battlelog my acr stats are:

Kills: 845
      Headshots: 195
      Shots fired: 30,612
      Accuracy: 15.49%
      K/min: 2.17

15% of 30k is over 4000. And if 2 enemies are lined up the rounds pass though one target and hit another. So those bullets r killing 2 or more targets. Some friends on bf3 have spas with more kills than shots fired, bc shotguns spray so if enemies heads r close enough, one shot hits two heads, that’s 2 kills but 1 shot. Would he be accused of hacking/cheating? This math seems flawed. Too many variables. Btw, I play on xbox360

• fmj
        October 7th, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Shotgun would be an exception…but when you average 1.5 shots per kill with an lmg that only rates at 30 damage on the scale…then something is seriously wrong.

10. FMD
    October 3rd, 2013 at 11:25 pm

You guys really dont get it do you, hes using a damage modifying hack, his bullets do more damage then they should be doing.

11. rampage
    October 4th, 2013 at 1:11 am

Most people who cant stand losing will always blame it on hacks. Instead of always trying to blame others how about practice and try to get better at the game? Sure there are hackers but they are actually few in numbers. BF4 beta is still new so the amount of hackers would be very few indeed

• Seriously
      October 5th, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Actually in beta you will get MORE hackers because the dev’s haven’t had a chance to refine their code and close loopholes. If you just google “BF4 Aimbot” you get hundreds of sites and videos. They are DEFINITELY out there.

I was playing w/ my friend and a guy was clearly facing him and shot me even though I was at a 45 degree angle from him. Killed me with 2 shots. Also got killed through a wall in the metro when I know nobody had spotted me since I spawned in on a squad mate.

12. FMJ
    October 4th, 2013 at 7:45 am

I have been playing the beta and have noticed some sketchy stuff myself. I have 2 awesome gaming pcs and so mine run it no problem. I have noticed I sometimes die in what seems to be 2-3 hits on certain players. Now I took this as possibly the difference in ping and maybe that it was reason it seemed as though it was two hits…until I was running up on the same guy that kept killing me and he was at a 90 degree angle from me and he was shooting at someone else and then after killing him quickly turned and shot me without hesitation and killed me in two or 3 shots. This was all before I could pull up and get my aimer on him. Now I have played a lot of games and usually carry a good kdr. I know practice means increased accuracy and reaction time. But that in itself was a little too on the wtf side for me not to think that something was happening. I wasn’t even on his screen he wouldn’t have had time to accurately shoot someone read his radar and then turn and acquire me and shoot me just before I get my sights on him. I have watched and banned plenty of hackers from css servers as they swear up and down they don’t cheat but I knew they were cause I would turn on server cheats and input the wire frame cheat that allowed me to see through walls secretly and watch them as they walled people. So you can say what you want until the put in killcams I believe more and more people will get away with it.

13. gingerbreadfred
    October 5th, 2013 at 8:55 pm

people saying no hackers are bullshit. I played a domination match yesterday and some guy comes in 2 minutes short of round end, and gets 60 and 0 with the P226 I was getting 1 hit with no damage sound or anything. I believe his name was “Brothafuca”

14. DK
    October 5th, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Until EA implements a constant online monitoring system like Diablo 3, you are right. BF4 has already been owned by hackers 🙁

• fmj
      October 7th, 2013 at 9:52 am

Umm diablo 3 was hacked for a long time…in fact I know people who hack WoW all the time with bots that will play for you. They have geared completely in pvp gear off of it not to mention how much gold they make from farm bots. Same with diablo 3….people making a ton of money off of it.

15. Dragons heart
    October 7th, 2013 at 3:47 am

Found one the other night on beta that had played for just 2 hours yet was a rank 100 and yes running an aim not also come on dice sort this out fot fed up of this in bf3 if this is how its heading for bf4 I won’t be bothering.

16. UKDemon
    October 7th, 2013 at 7:53 am

Its bad and this is why I left BF3 not a happy bunny, plus I ran into this video on YouTube today(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiOmVU-cU0k) just makes me angry that proper players spend a fortune on Dice/EA games to have it throw in their face

17. Fiend
    October 8th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I know hackers are and will be a problem till the end of time but like it’s been said earlier you just need to find a good server with good admins and you should hopefully have a good time.
    As a small bit on the eternal platform war, I’ve owned all 3 current gen platforms and each has it’s merits. Console for their more friendly and team based gameplay. Pc for it’s far more advanced graphics and scope of gameplay ability.

18. Overfiend
    October 8th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Maybe, MAYBE it’s not allways hackers and your simply up against players that are better than you..

19. chris
    October 22nd, 2013 at 11:02 am

Ps3 games and Xbox games are hacked as well I play on modern warfare 3 and some nights u carnt even play due to hackers in every lobby.

20. Robert Case
    October 31st, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I left bf4 do to hackers. In some cases I realize that there were players I thought eye hacking weren’t. I’ve watched matimios videos. SNIPER SHOOTING like no one’s busines. . Not a hacker. Last night on bf4. Sniper was wasting me like every second. Running around a corner he didn’t even have time to raise weapon I was dead. When I snipe when people are moving it’s hard to get a bead. It’s sad because. Why cheat. It’s for excitement and fun. The only way to stop it is closed down the guys selling it. How can People get away with ruining and dismantling a product for what it’s used fore. I spend money not to have the game abused. Hackers are folks with not much in life to make them happy. The sellers are criminals in my mind.

21. anime679
    November 1st, 2013 at 3:23 pm

looks like boosting to me

22. carlos
    November 4th, 2013 at 8:38 pm

went I start playing it froze everytime

23. TronX
    November 8th, 2013 at 7:27 am

I have been playing fps online since they came out with a mod for Doom 1, and have played pretty much every online shooter since. I played Doom2 and Duke3D on DWANGO and the TEN network back in the day 🙂 -~
    I have played World Champs like Thresh, Fatal1ty, DaHang, Cooller and Rapha and beat them on several occasions. When it comes to FPS I have a pretty good Idea whats going on.
    After playing Call of Duty 1,2,3,4 I quit playing COD 4 online after about 6 months because it become infested with cheaters. It’s a shame because it was a good game. Haven’t touched a COD game since.
    I played BF1942, BF2, and BF2142 online so I was pumped about getting BF3, unfortunately a quick google search revealed that several websites were already advertising cheats for BF3 before the game was out. I bought it anyway because BF2 was probably the most enjoyable FPS I had ever played. Even though BF3 is a great game, the cheaters sucked all the fun out of it for me so I just stopped playing it. I would have bought all the DLC if it wasn’t for the cheating.

I downloaded the BF4 beta on day 1, and for the first 4 or 5 days the game was awesome, I was owning everything that came near me and rarely dying but then all of a sudden more than 75% of the opponents I came up against who I would always get the jump on would just snap around with the first bullet they shot always being a head shot. And then I got in to several different squads with people that said they were cheating and how they use to always cheat in BF3 and admitted that a major cheating site just got their BF4 cheats working and they just downloaded them. So I did a search and sure enough their are dozens of websites offering cheats that even allow you to adjust the damage level of your weapons(it’s called uber damage) as well as making yourself immune to damage among many other cheats like auto aim, autofire and wallhax. I was going to buy BF4 on the day it was released but with cheats that allow for damage output and input to be manipulated makes the game not worth buying anymore.

I would have continued to buy all the modern warfare games after COD4 if they had proper cheat protection in place and now I will not be buying any BF games anymore. I have a feeling that these cheating companies are actually working with the gaming companies because they bring in a huge amount of profits.

It’s a shame that pretty much every online fps game that I loved has been ruined by cheaters. Oh well eventually what goes around comes around…..
    Hopefully this Fairfight anticheat system gets implemented and works :)-~

24. Punk Buster
    November 8th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Cheating is rife already on the PC for BF4. Virtually every round I have played there have been cheaters.

Like the guy mentioned above, when you play FPS for years and research how the hacks work it is easy to spot them.

One example was I was on the Gunboat on the parcel Storm level, I was on machine gun and the guy driving shot 4 people on the island with on four rounds. They were far apart and one was running. I typed in chat but he wasn’t bothered.

Another is the Jet Aimbot

They have got away with it in BF3 so BF4 will be even worse I’m afraid.

The cheat sites are making a fortune and Game publishers are losing customers.

The only way to beat the cheaters is to educate all players how they work and show them video’s.

25. Fidius
    November 9th, 2013 at 12:17 am

they have there fun for so long then dice remove there scores and ban them they did it in BF3….so i could not care less when im playing if hes a hacker other than there lame sooner or later there battle log results get removed i 🙂 i know mine will still be there in 2 years even though there shit 😛

26. Punk Buster
    November 10th, 2013 at 2:59 am

@fidius, sure buddy no doubt they suck!. I’m glad that in the mind of true fair gamers these cheaters are though of a lamers.

One good feature on BF4 is spectator mode, at least it’s something to catch them on. I recorded a fool using the JetAim bot, blantantly had no spread and was his with all rounds from the very first target. He thought he was so cool with his 50-0 score. Deep down knows and everyone else with a bot of insight knows he is just plain old little lame cheater with no skill.

27. irishranger
    November 12th, 2013 at 11:51 am

I did see a guy fly from one objective to another in bf4 on my ps3, when I tried to snipe him, my console froze and I was force to rebot…hacks do happen on ALL platforms….sorry to say its just a bunch of no skill idiots with ego problems that have to hack to win. its really sad