Battlefield 4 hackers already spotted

It only took a few days before the first hackers were spotted on the PC.

Battlefield 4 launched just days ago, and it didn’t take long before the first hackers and cheaters appeared in the game. According to Punkbuster and PBBans, several hackers have already been spotted, and luckily, banned from the game. Punkbuster even provided screenshots of the new hacks in action.

It’s not a big surprise that we’re seeing hackers this early — the same thing happened with BF3, and there are still hackers present in that game, two years after it launched. But it’s good to see that at the anti-cheat systems are at least capturing some of the hackers.

It’s not as easy as it seems though, to find and ban hackers in a game. “Smart hackers” rarely stand out too much. They make sure to get killed by the enemy once in a while to keep up appearance.

These sort of hackers and cheaters are of course most prevalent on PCs — we haven’t heard any reports of Battlefield 4 hackers on consoles.

What’s worse, every once in a while, we come across a web advertisement promoting Battlefield 4 hacks and cheats. We feel sorry for the poor souls who have to spend money on these hacks…

Battlefield 4 hackers

TAGS:

October 31st, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Just a waste of $60+ to gain a few dozen or more kills makes the gane a lot less fun.

2. raqyee
    October 31st, 2013 at 3:09 pm

“We feel sorry for the poor souls who have to spend money on these hacks…”

Why?

• wombat
      November 24th, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Because they have to cheat to get anywhere in the game.

3. whatever
    October 31st, 2013 at 3:13 pm

“…the anti-cheat systems are at least capturing some of the hackers…”

Yeah, and that’s just the hackers PB manages to catch. Hundreds of cheaters run amok, ruining everyone’s experience without having to worry about being caught by PB.

The worst of them are those who do it discretely, like those who have a wallhack or no-recoil hacks. Thanks to the atrocious hit-detection – yay DICE! – you can never truly know if that one-hit-kill was the result of a hack or the enemy actually shot you ten times, but the game only registered one big hit because of the aforementioned shitty hitreg system.

Even worse, even if those assholes get banned they’ll just get a new CD-key for cheap and continue where they left off…

• gamefreakbot
      November 1st, 2013 at 9:12 am

There is also FairPlay and spectator in the game.

• Blair
      November 19th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I agree, I am getting sick of people saying they feel sorry for the cheaters having to resort to cheating. What about the poor people who spent $50 for the game. Played it last night and was headshotted by a guy looking in the wrong direction (my ping was under 50, his over 200). Felt like tossing the computer out the window, when it felt like half the enemy were using wall hacks (you can spectate after you die, and see where they are looking…while they are looking through a wall). Played Battlefield and COD enough to see where this is going. NO FUN!

4. Harry
    October 31st, 2013 at 4:22 pm

hey, just to callify.

I dont think a game would ban the game itself otherwise they are basically stealing from you. Most likely they would imply an ip ban on you so that you cant joinn the games. So most likely they would just make a change to their IP address and keep the same copy of the game.

• GBWment
      October 31st, 2013 at 8:08 pm

You can still impose a ban on MAC address/hardware id as well as Origin ID, in most cases, banning the MAC address/hardware id is the better option. The only way to bypass this ban is to buy/setup a new machine

• mark332
        November 4th, 2013 at 6:25 am

Good idea, but did you ever heard of “MAC-Adress cloning” ?

• sean
        November 7th, 2013 at 9:07 am

most NICs these days let you change that without any special software (which has existed for years..). thats a wildly inaccurate thing to say.

• whatever
      October 31st, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Pretty sure they ban by CD-keys, maybe the person’s entire Origin account as well.

• leo
      January 21st, 2014 at 10:23 pm

according to most games terms of service (yes, thats that long thing you read before you install the game, even though most dont) hacking is a violation of said agreement and ea does not have to provide service and can terminate anyone’s ability to play online as a result. they will most likely get to keep single player play, but if they want to risk a 60 dollar game by hacking, thats their choice. it is not stealing for ea/dice to ban someone from playing multiplayer, it is a direct result of the hacker choosing to violate the terms of service agreement. people need to learn there are hard consequences for actions that are in violation of agreements, promises, or contracts.

5. C0LLAT
    October 31st, 2013 at 7:04 pm

SIMPLE FIX!! GET IT FOR PS4 :)

• Blaze Blue
      October 31st, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Yeah so that can get hacked too?

• Mini
      November 1st, 2013 at 8:24 pm

lol classic sony fanboy here

• john
      April 24th, 2014 at 10:55 pm

it may rid some hacks but it also would rid MOUSE KEYBOARD INTERFACE, leaving you with that junk controller., HIGHER REZ THAN 1080, the ability to adjust your texture, shadow, and effects settings, and a higher frame rate than 30fps, crap for surround sound. you cant rent your own server….and consoles are for kids. i was playing multiplayer games,VIA 3 PCs on a LAN, like duke nukem, doom2, half life, BF1942,
      while you console kids were playing sonic the hedge hog on a SEGA GENESIS.!

• AngryBlack
        May 18th, 2014 at 3:58 pm

And I was doing your mom while you were playing duke nukem

-next door black neighbor

6. Jebus
    October 31st, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Its funny how the PS4 is now becoming the invincible PC/Xbox One killer to some people. I’m not hating on consoles but i haven’t touched a controller for 2 years until GTA V came out. The PC is a magnificent machine, It give the player FULL optimization of there computer. What are you using to view this comment? Xbox?

• Ese Mismo
      November 1st, 2013 at 1:05 am

Well im using My phone And one more thing candy head you are writhing about play in a PC don’t talk about things that you
      Can do in a PC, cuz everybody have PC at home but not everybody used it to play video games

• Shank
        December 12th, 2013 at 12:48 am

So everyone has specialized gaming computers at home with 8 core processors and 500$ GPUs? You know nothing. I’m running SLI 680′s and a tri monitor 1440p setup. You couldn’t even dream of what that is like, peasant.

• john
        April 24th, 2014 at 10:57 pm

your statements helps the PC argument. A PC IS A gaming machine AND A TOOL. WERE AS, a console is just a game playing brick.

7. Boot
    November 1st, 2013 at 5:02 am

All battlefield games are full of hackers on pc. They always have been . This is why Stats mean nothing!!

• gamefreakbot
      November 1st, 2013 at 9:15 am

Stat tracking isn’t there for hackers. Its meant for people who care about them.

8. paul
    November 2nd, 2013 at 4:15 pm

take battlefield 3 for example, still infested with pathetic ugly little no bodies “the lowest form of human 3rd world trash using hacks, corrupted administration and servers who simply cannot play FPS. Dice and Ea will do nothing, Punkbusters is useless as it was in BF3, almost all cheaters are American and Russian and 3rd world country teenagers immature ugly Sons of Bitches and they ruin this game as they did with battlefield 3. if you name and shame these SOB on the forums and show links to their hacks and cheating , Dice administrators ban you from posting comments for a period of time.

battlefield games are a sham, made for hackers and cheaters and dice and ea are too incompetent to do anything about it. these geeks are part of the problem..
    too many immature pathetic teenagers play these games using hacks they download for a trial period, the only solution to remove these parasites from BF4 is an age verification system drivers licence etc , if your under the age of 25 you cant play, remove the teenagers from BF4 and 70% of cheating will cease. Personaly id like to find ourt where these POS live and deal with them face to face, they will never!! and i mean never have the ability to play games after im finished with them.

• wombat
      November 24th, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Yeah…What are you in for Jimmy? Me? I killed a guy for sleeping with my wife.
      What are you in for Paul? Me? Im in here because I murdered a spotty nosed brat with a meat cleaver for cheating in Battlefield 3.

Lol!!!

• Dude
        December 11th, 2013 at 8:32 am

I can’t disagree with him. They used to cut the hands off of cheaters (and still do in some places) for a reason.

• Dawg
          December 31st, 2013 at 12:42 pm

They cut the hands off of thieves. Cheating wasn’t that big of a deal back then.

• benscott
          January 31st, 2014 at 8:56 am

Ya know, marriage is punishment for theft in some countries.

• john
      April 24th, 2014 at 11:02 pm

i like your atitude. i have on many times gave my home address for these punks to come visit me. i am rank 120 and never used any hack or cheats! BF4- (SKIMASKEDJAK)

9. racheal
    November 2nd, 2013 at 4:24 pm

its getting worse. cheaters in all servers now.
    they lie and make excuses about their cheating.

gamers can fight back by recording game sessions and uloading to you tube or sending to punk busters exposing who these despicable lamers are and what cheats they use.
    also send an anonymous report online to the FBI .. fraud division.. as what these cheaters do is fraudulant and carries a prison term if convicted. theres heaps gamers can do to expose who these lamers are.

• Andrew
      November 4th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I agree that these people are scum, but “what these cheaters do is fraudulant and carries a prison term?” Racheal, don’t be foolish. Nobody has been or will ever be imprisoned for cheating in a video game. They should all have their origin accounts banned, along with every game they have purchased through it. Add on IP and MAC address bans, as well. The large majority of cheaters are not smart enough to bypass all of this.

10. Carl
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:08 am

they are not HACKERS please stop calling them hackers…

they are cheaters, they buy software made by a hackers , … but they are just cheaters .. without skills ( while hacking require skills)

cheating doesn’t require skill.

11. Bobbo
    November 5th, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Yeah, I think it’s time to finally give up on online shooters. Been playing them since the original counter-strike days, but the whole cheating problem has gotten way out of hand. Before games even release they have hacks for them that are undetected. I think CoD: Ghosts came out today, and there are already hacks for it. I’ve looked into it quite a bit and it’s really sick. There are tons of people out there that the only way they will play these games is if they can cheat. It’s sad they actually get a sense of accomplishment from it.

I also think that there’s a possibility these game companies might be in on it. Look at some of the hack sites, they obviously make a ton of money. I saw one hack site that was giving away a cruise to “one lucky subscriber.” These people pay at least $30 a month for this crap. Do you really think these greedy ass publishers are going to just sit back and let people make a ton of money off of their game? Not to mention, you think they would sue them or something. A bunch of hack sites use graphics and logos and everything from these games, which is clearly copyright infringement. And if they really were innocent, wouldn’t they go after these companies to keep frustrated, legit players from leaving the game? No, I’m sure they get a kickback from the companies, and make even more money off of selling numerous copies to people banned for using cheats.

Either way, the problem will only continue to get worse. There is clearly a ton of money to be made off of cheats, and a lot of greedy people afraid of losing that money. There really is nothing you can do other than just not giving these greedy publishers your money. I wasn’t going to buy Battlefield 4 because I knew this would be the case, but I caved. Won’t do it again.

• joe shmoe.
      November 8th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I totally agree. I’m done playing fps games. It’s one big sham. Fair fight was suppose to be the savior of bf4. Hahahaha, cheats already bypass Fair fight. Also the forums are totally disgusting. The only people protected are the cheaters and Dice/E.A.

12. VonKessel
    November 6th, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I know I’m not the greatest BF4 player out there by any means BUT I’m averaging 5 deaths for each kill simply due to snipers. I’m told they have a feature to let them “spot” people but can they jam it so it’s “on” all the time? Am I visible like modified skin hacks all the time? It sure feels like it to me but I keep trying despite it and my enjoyment level for it is plummeting fast.

13. sean
    November 7th, 2013 at 9:10 am

money talks, guys. i was top 3% in the world in BF3, then suddenly i began hitting brick walls. guys i couldnt get the jump on, guys that if i got the jump, would still kill me, etc. then that legendary reddit post from a confessed cheater threw me over the ledge and i quit playing.

i waited to see what, if anything, was done in BF4 for cheaters. answer is nothing, so im not buying it. i guarantee if their sales dropped 20% due to people saying its entirely due to not wanting to deal with cheaters, they’d figure something out.

• Justin
      November 7th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Sadly there is no way that 20% of the community playing this game is willing to give it up do to those who are cheating, even more sad is there is 20% of the community that is cheating and would give up the game if they were unable to cheat. The truth is the people cheating make up a significant amount of the game’s sales and, considering the Devs are getting their money, don’t expect them to take it too seriously, after all they are in the business of developing video games for profit, not for satisfaction and entertainment of gamers, Sony did that with Planetside 2, Battlefield 4 isn’t a Free-to-Play game.

• Bobbo
      November 7th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Yeah, that reddit post pretty much did it for me too. Check out some of the Facebook pages for some of these hack sites too, some of the comments are just ridiculous. Like people saying a game sucks because they don’t have good cheat support for it. People bragging about QQing people since the new BF4 hacks came out. Bastards.

14. TronX
    November 8th, 2013 at 6:52 am

I have been playing fps online since they came out with a mod for Doom 1, and have played pretty much every online shooter since. I played Doom2 and Duke3D on DWANGO and the TEN network back in the day :)-~
    I have played World Champs like Thresh, Fatal1ty, DaHang, Cooller and Rapha and beat them on several occasions. When it comes to FPS I have a pretty good Idea whats going on.
    After playing Call of Duty 1,2,3,4 I quit playing COD 4 online after about 6 months because it become infested with cheaters. It’s a shame because it was a good game. Haven’t touched a COD game since.
    I played BF1942, BF2, and BF2142 online so I was pumped about getting BF3, unfortunately a quick google search revealed that several websites were already advertising cheats for BF3 before the game was out. I bought it anyway because BF2 was probably the most enjoyable FPS I had ever played. Even though BF3 is a great game, the cheaters sucked all the fun out of it for me so I just stopped playing it. I would have bought all the DLC if it wasn’t for the cheating.

I downloaded the BF4 beta on day 1, and for the first 4 or 5 days the game was awesome, I was owning everything that came near me and rarely dying but then all of a sudden more than 75% of the opponents I came up against who I would always get the jump on would just snap around with the first bullet they shot always being a head shot. And then I got in to several different squads with people that said they were cheating and how they use to always cheat in BF3 and admitted that a major cheating site just got their BF4 cheats working and they just downloaded them. So I did a search and sure enough their are dozens of websites offering cheats that even allow you to adjust the damage level of your weapons(it’s called uber damage) as well as making yourself immune to damage among many other cheats like auto aim, autofire and wallhax. I was going to buy BF4 on the day it was released but with cheats that allow for damage output and input to be manipulated makes the game not worth buying anymore.

I would have continued to buy all the modern warfare games after COD4 if they had proper cheat protection in place and now I will not be buying any BF games anymore. I have a feeling that these cheating companies are actually working with the gaming companies because they bring in a huge amount of profits.

It’s a shame that pretty much every online fps game that I loved has been ruined by cheaters. Oh well eventually what goes around comes around…..

15. Torchwood-5
    November 9th, 2013 at 4:34 am

I met a guy on console this morning who was Rank 100, is that even possible considering the time the games been out?

16. Ron
    November 10th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Every time i use the support class in BF4 my game freezes, even if i change the primary weapon, i tried everything, even changed my PSN email to see if that would help, i reset the system using the usb cord by holding down the power button, using format as well and still no resolve. I have been hacked and it is sooo damn annoying!!

17. pat
    November 18th, 2013 at 2:56 pm

i don’t know what’s more stupid, calling ppl who buy cheats “hacker” or buying cheats for a bad game.
    if they could “hack” they wouldn’t waste their time in a game. they are called cheater not hacker.

18. Frank
    November 22nd, 2013 at 11:15 am

Major Cheater Spotted:

II6FUII-NickdogV on PS4 Colonel 100 Skill 536

• larry
      December 6th, 2013 at 8:50 am

If you lookup his name on Battlelog he is probably not cheating. He has over 13,000 kills in the Scout Copter. He has played for 170 hours.

The scout copter piloted by a good pilot with a engineer to repair the copter is all but unstoppable.

19. joethudd
    November 30th, 2013 at 10:42 am

Any reports regarding cheating on xbox 360 (battlefield 4)? How are the .1 percent of players going 20 2? I saw one guy 47 13.

• Ben
      December 16th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

BF4 On paracel storm Rush, there was a sniper who shot everybody from a long range distance of more than 900 m. Headshot after headshot. Only headshots not even a bodyshot or a near miss but only headshots. Strange thing was that either you go back or forwards or left or right he got you with one (head)shot. I’m a average sniper but I do know that you’ve have to aim and adjust after the recoil. But he was like a sniper with an automatic carabine. But what really bothers me was that he was using a sniper scope 8X with a magnification 14X???? WTF You could barely see the orange triangle of the enemy, with a 40X scope and he did it with a 8X scope. By the way he was also moving from left to right over the beach and between the rocks and inbetween the movement he was firing. XBOX 360. Now you don’t hear me saying that it was a cheater but it is without a doubt questionable. And Yes he’s American.

• Ben forde
        February 13th, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Bang on dice are full of cheating mice that should be crushed

20. Sxinner
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:39 am

I’m almost sure that companies like DICE and EA earn a lot of money from these cheaters out there (maybe even program these hacks?

Only one thing to do here imo…
    Find a few friends, rent a private server together and have a lot of fun playing the game(s) on a closed server.
    The FPS era is dead…

21. Proplayer
    December 16th, 2013 at 5:41 am

Those are public cheats who dont have bypassed punkbuster screanshoot,most off hackers use pay-hacks wich are dialy upadted and undetected,and you cant see them on screenshot since they automaticly disable visuals when pb request screenshot and then it enables again.
    They should add killcam on bf4 you cant just go to spectator every 5 sec to check if you got killed by wallhacker or aimboter,i bet dice didnt wanted to deal with 1000 reports every day so they decided not to add killcam,much better if they added option to watch whole match as on newer call off duty’s,so u can record hacker and use it as a proof.
    How ever fairfight anticheat isnt good as they are talking since most off the people dont even know what it is,it calculates your stats if you have huge amouth of headshots etc so it only helps agains rage aimboters who came on server just to kill everyone,but agains legit hackers who use only aim assistence,silent aim or only wallhack it cant do anything so basicly the best anti-cheat today agains hackers are developers who have to watch more during making so they dont leave any exploits wich can later be used by hackers then just making game and taking peoples money,or killcam or match recording

22. joel
    December 19th, 2013 at 12:11 am

they are cheating on xbox 360 also just got done playing and had three different people with two primary weapons on a sniper and the other an m416 all three times plus people killing me with pdw,s with one bullet after like 10 at night they all come out people spawning at points that aren’t captured with none of their team around I still do well against it positive KD spread every game plus tons of points but its just getting old ea needs to kick these kids from the game completely and ban them from xbox live its a shame ive been a faithful battlefield player since it came out no I just don’t want to play anymore

23. kiem3ra
    December 24th, 2013 at 11:52 am

I am a seasoned gamer based in Australia, playing almost exclusively within the Battlefield franchise since BF1942.

I share the same passion against all forms of cheating within the online community, yet have been frustrated about the lack of incite / knowledge / action against such activities.

Due to an imminent change in lifestyle (enlisting in the armed forces) my competitive gaming career is coming to an end.

I have an opportunity to BLOW THE LID on the seedy world of online hacking, as a parting gesture.

I intend to purchase online hacks and document their effectiveness, use, and methods in which they bypass the security measures that we think keep the Battlefield fair.

The POINT, is not only to make legitimate gamers aware as to the extent that this goes on (pubs and comps), but to motivate action out of outrage. Test the system, hack covertly and get caught intentionally. I intend to set the ball rolling for some effective real change within the community towards cheating.

I stress that nowhere in this documentary series, will there be direct links or “how to” content.

My findings will also be given to the appropriate anti cheat companies.

I intend to contact other influential gamers in the community, to gather specific questions and requests that need to be answered.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

24. Jack
    February 1st, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Fast forward and this is what I experience. Google hacks for bf4 and like 80 web sites come up with subscription packages like it’s as casual as shopping for cable tv or something.

Almost EVERYONE in the game is hacking and paying every month. The ones you see banned on punkbuster are the guys that just download older free outdated hacks and don’t pay a subscription then enter and get banned.

If you don’t have hacks the software must detect it or something and target you. Hackers don’t go after hackers much.

It’s common to see people with LMG’s 1 bullet you accross the map dancing around. Most have damager reduction so 30 into someone leaves them at 90 health. They can go though walls and their aim bots are perfect accuracy.

Over all it’s a disgusting game filled with hackers and when you accuse them they pretend they don’t know the definition of the word hack. It’s like they just came from the 1920′s and found out what a computer was and are now playing battlefield 4.

How can no one notice like 80 subscription hacking sites when you type it in a search engine?

25. brian
    April 16th, 2014 at 6:48 am

I think xbox amd all the other systems should start console banning and make the console worthless amd have no trade in value

26. Chris
    May 5th, 2014 at 4:02 am

I have been playing battlefield 4 and I shoot a lot of people and I don’t get credit for it, I don’t understand how that can be. Also I shoot some people at least 8 times and they don’t die and it looks like head shots. I also when I die see some players glide across the ground without moving their legs, they just glide. And I have been shot through walls, how is that possible. I am getting more and more disgusted every time I play. You can tell that the players are cheating, no one is that good. All the time, every time.

27. Chris
    May 5th, 2014 at 4:07 am

When I am running full speed I get sniped from across the map with one shot and I am dead. I respawn and am sniped again in one shot and I am dead, I respawn in a different area and I am immediately shot one bullet and I die. Wow great fun…

28. Chris
    May 5th, 2014 at 4:12 am

Can’t someone come up with a server that detects the hackers and won’t allow them on the server. There must be a way to detect the hacker scrips before they are allowed in the server.

29. Musk1000
    June 19th, 2014 at 2:39 am

Well if I may chime in on this a bit late……there are plenty of cheaters. If you think there are no cheaters on consoles then you should not be posting about something you know nothing about. A console in essence is a mini computer, it is ran by the respective manufacturers operating system. To answer the question regarding the xbox, I’ll just tell you that as easily as windows 8 was hacked is as easy as xbox one can be hacked. If you think consoles are invincible then you have a lot to learn about computers. Also you shouldn’t be so concerned about hackers, I’m sure you have done things in your life that no one liked either. So are you any better? I would even go to say they probably pay for the production of your new games.