Battlefield 4 is unplayable on the PC

The PC version suffers from crashes and freezes, making it practically unplayable.

Battlefield 4 has been out for a few days now, and everyone seems to be enjoying it. Except a big portion of PC gamers (including us here at BF4Central), who are seeing constant crashes and freezes. It’s tough to say this, but we have to be honest here: from personal experience, the game is utterly unplayable in its current state.

Battlefield 4 brokenAnd according to complaints on Twitter, Reddit, and the official EA forums, we aren’t the only ones. Widespread reports of random crashes and freezes are popping up everywhere, and it seems that some players can’t finish a single match without problems.

The crashes and instability seem to be happening on all sorts of hardware configurations, And when it does crash or freeze, players lose all progress, unlocks, and stats they accumulated during the match.

Even when the game works, it’s plagued by issues. Sound bugs are present on many maps (such as Lancang Dam), where the sound will cut out completely at times. Player movement and action is bogged down by massive rubber banding and lag, even on a good connection and on low ping servers. Worse, the hit box registration is still off (something DICE said was “fixed” after the beta).

So far DICE has only issued the generic “we are aware of the issue” reply. If only they were aware before the game shipped. It’s astounding that these sort of issues have plagued every single Battlefield game since BF2. And yet, we somehow expected a developer of DICE’s caliber to learn from their mistakes.

From personal experience, over half of Battlefield t multiplayer matches result it either a crash or a freeze. Most of the rest of the matches are unplayable due to the lag and rubber banding issue.

It hurts us to say this, but at this point, we wouldn’t recommend anyone getting Battlefield 4 on the PC. Wait until the first patch or two fix these issues. Or get the game on consoles, where it seems to be running great.

TAGS: ,

1. WOOT FTW
    October 31st, 2013 at 2:43 pm

And here comes the console players insulting PC players thread…

• rrp85
      October 31st, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Shut up you whiney little bitch. As a pc gamer you make us look horrible.

• LOL
        October 31st, 2013 at 4:30 pm

LMFAO. Finally.

• Pickle430
          November 2nd, 2013 at 10:36 am

lol +1 exactly

• SteveBruleMD
        November 1st, 2013 at 2:27 pm

It’s assclowns like you that take it in the butt that make us look horrible. I’ve been playing since 1942 and every launch since Bad Company 1 has been absolutely terrible. When I go to the movies and pay for my ticket and soda, I expect that my soda will be completely full and that the cup won’t leak, or fall out onto my lap. I also expect the movie to play to the very end, without the sound cutting out, or the projector bursting into flames. The same can be said about games, I pay you x amount of dollars and you give me a game that isn’t a pile of shit.

• Mini
          November 1st, 2013 at 8:11 pm

It runs fine on like 10 people I know. Stop complaining and think about what you can do to possibly makes this game for you. Reinstall windows or something. Upgrade to windows 8 if you can.

• WTF?
            March 12th, 2015 at 7:45 am

You sir are a complete idiot. So if a company puts out a horrible, unplayable game, I should, according to you, completely loose all of my data on my boot drive to re install windows? Or pay 100 USD for a copy of Windows 8? I definitely shouldn’t complain to the company and make them aware of their bugs and glitches? I really hope you are a troll.

1. The PC version is broken, no amount of re-installing your OS will fix that.
            2. Why the hell should I do that to potentially fix ONE game?

• Graham
          November 2nd, 2013 at 8:19 pm

You’ve been playing for battlefield for 71 years???

• Xup
          November 2nd, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Graham you may be to young to know but there was a Game called Battlefield 1942………… -.-

• Graham
          November 3rd, 2013 at 3:32 am

Xup, you may be too young to know but there is this phenomenon born on the internet called “trolling”. You should try it sometime. Based on the previous comments on this thread……I’m willing to bet I most certainly am “old enough.” yeah…..

• Graham, if you were trolling
          November 3rd, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Then that was a pretty piss poor attempt at it.

• Jack
          November 4th, 2013 at 11:58 pm

To be honest I have to agree with the guy thats complaining, we are basically paying twice for the game and we can barely get through a single match without issues. These bugs should have been fixed but yet again they rushed it out to market because they are greedy bastards.

FWI I am a software developer and have experienced this in many different places with the same results… never underestimate some good bug testers and some bloody patience to release something…

• mike
          November 18th, 2013 at 5:13 pm

well stevebrulemd welcome to the real world. not everything can be the way everyone wants it

• Suck it
        November 4th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

the only thing you need to do is update you microwave to an gaming computer, so quit complaining

• Joe
        November 17th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

He’s kind of right, I just spent $70 on this game and it’s crashed 4 times in around 2 hours of play now.

• Bojack
      October 31st, 2013 at 4:17 pm

What has the world come to where you get looked down upon because not everyone plays on pc? You two seem like twelve year old butt hurt little boys.

• butthert
        November 1st, 2013 at 3:12 am

The butthurt kids huh? You seem to know a lot about butthurt kids. You sir are the one that makes the kids bum hurt.

• Tim
      November 1st, 2013 at 12:48 am

shut up you cellar dwellar PC troll, for next gen consoles Battlefield 4 on PS4 is very competitive with the PC version, in fact a major German PC magazine PCGH recommends the PS4 version over PC! Essentially, they praise the PS4 version as it is pretty much locked at 60FPS and you would have to spend 1000€ on a new PC to get the same quality and performance available on the 399€ PlayStation 4.

So right now you have to spend more than double the money on PC to match optimised games on PS4, that is from the biggest PC gamer magazine in Germany.

• John
        November 1st, 2013 at 8:20 am

What a moron you are, Tim. Really 1000 for a PC that can compete with a PS4? With that much money you can get an intel i5, maybe i7, with an AMD 7970 / Nvidia 770 that will demolish a PS4/Xbone. Look I’m not saying that consoles don’t have some advantages… the consistency of the hardware being probably the most important one, but to say that a PS4 can’t be outdone with 1000 euro… lol.

• brkbeatjunkie
          November 3rd, 2013 at 6:50 am

i5 = 200 USD, 770 = 350 USD

those are two components, you would need RAM, Storage and a Motherboard. I don’t think you could come in under the ps4 pricing with those two main components

• Sam
          November 7th, 2013 at 7:40 am

I just built a PC for $1000 with 16 GB RAM, i5 over clockable processor (4670K), AMD 7950 3GB graphics card, solid state drive, and blu-ray drive. It can run BF3 on ultra at 2560×1440. So yeah, I think it can be done.

• PeopleStupidityIsInfinite
          November 25th, 2013 at 3:48 am

Don’t forget 40$ Mouse and Keyboard which is just more useful than an entire console (including next-GEN)

• hyadfg
        November 1st, 2013 at 8:21 am

I dont understand what are people on PS are always saying and compearing ps (xbox) to pc…..Pc is not only for gameing it is for working and stuff…….and even my 500e pc can run BF4 on mrdium settings just fine….and the graphicks are still better on my PC than it is on PS and also people are not buying 1000e Pc just for one game!!! there are more better games on pc anyways (but not noughty dog games. ;C) and they look and handle better on Pc so stop looking down on pc gamers u are no better than us!

• lucas
          November 1st, 2013 at 3:38 pm

the reason the console users complain about pc users is clear they obviously dont have the brains to use a pc they want it out the box with nothing else to do you should feel sorry for them

• DeathStroke
          November 1st, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I play on PC and Console, Battlefield is far better graphically on PC but the Consoles usually NEVER have issues, except for the max ticket lobbies in BF3, I will never get in a war over which is better PC or Consoles because they both serve their purpose. I will tell you though it isnt because of lack of brains, its simply because sometimes its nice just to turn on the console and start playing, not having to worry about stupid driver issues and web plugins and THE LACK OF GOOD SERVERS. On the console you can instantly jump into a almost FULL server, with the PC its a browsathon! Needless to say, Neither console players or PC players should look down on either one because they truly are accomplishing the same damn thing……..PLAYING GAMES!

• Maikel
          November 2nd, 2013 at 5:40 am

Well actually, i got this game to utilise my 1600 euro pc properly. Beta was way better then bf4 is currently tho, never crashed during beta.

• Sam
        November 1st, 2013 at 8:40 am

True, but most people have a PC anyway. most people will spend around 400 on their PC, and with the PS4 set at 400, that’s around 800€ which is a pretty decent PC.
        You put compulsory PS+ on top of that, and the additional price of console games over PC games, especially considering the frequent 75% off sales on platforms like steam, and I can fairly safely say that console is not cheaper.

• Crazy Ace
          November 3rd, 2013 at 7:16 am

Well said my friend, well said.

• Callum
        November 1st, 2013 at 8:47 am

Thats total bullshit and you know it. The PS4 can’t even play in native 1080p@60fps – it upscales lower quality THE EXACT SAME AS THE PS3… even a 400Euro PC can ouput native 1080p video. You do not need to spend 1k to play BF4 on ultra at 1080p on the PC you can quite easily spend about £400-500 which is really not much more than the PS4 and you get a much better game, you will play it higher than 60fps so if fps drops you wont get horrible frame stutter like EVERY CONSOLE always has.

Sorry but that magazine is bullshitting you mate, anyone who knows PC’s and components (and the real price of things) will tell you the exact same as I just did. You want proof – my best friend just built a £400 Small Form factor PC and it plays BF4 on Ultra at 65fps… plays High settings at like 80-100fps and there is no visual difference.

• Val
          November 10th, 2013 at 7:20 am

You are completely wrong. PS4 will play in true 1080p no scaling. With that being said BF4 on PS4 is actually displayed in 900p and on the xbox one in 720p. But, every other game like Killzone CoD Ghosts etc. will be in true 1080p with no scaling. BF4 is having serious problems on next gen I guess so to make the game playable the lowered the resolution and upped the aa/af and texture compression.

As far as the console war you can’t build a ps4 for under $1000 no way. However, yes your current pc could be more powerful than a ps4 we know that. But it won’t play as optimized, and at a locked 60fps it won’t look as polished. I have a higher end pc and I play on consoles. They both have their ups and downs. I like that when you purchase a console game you make a small investment, you game holds a value which pc does not. I like on consoles you get a more leveled playing field as well.

Either way both are good for gamers. I play my pc everyday. And can not wait for my ps4 this Friday.

• Jason
        November 1st, 2013 at 7:01 pm

my 700$ computer plays battlefield 4 at max settings and 90fps 1080p

• Brian
          November 3rd, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Yes. I’ve no problems whatsoever. Maybe some server issues here and there but it’s not enough to make me go ape shit. Loving the game so far.

• Mini
        November 1st, 2013 at 8:13 pm

LOL I think I need to do write some term papers. Like getting a PS4 is going to get me finish writing that.

Comparing something that’s cheaper with less functionality (consoles) and saying to it can compete with something with more functionality (PC). LOL

• Pablo
        November 1st, 2013 at 8:33 pm

The console will never outperform/beat a pc. Never have and never will…. There is always new hardware developed which is why every couple years they make a new console. So anything that is said that console is nearly comparable to a pc is completely wrong in so many levels. And this post is coming from a person that has both console and PC….

• scruffinator
        November 2nd, 2013 at 11:05 am

really i spent maybe $800 dollars on my computer. bought it 2 years ago and it still has better hardware specs than the next gen consoles

• Max
        November 2nd, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Your one of those mislead idiots who thinks that every Gaming PC costs more than a console, hate to break it to you but it’s not true.

• Scorch855
        November 2nd, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I have a feeling they recommended it on ps4 not because it’s a better platform, but because BF4 is a piece of shit on PC at the moment

• Dr. Smart-a-lot
        November 3rd, 2013 at 10:15 am

Yup it’s running 60FPS alright, but it’s at 720p where as most pc’s can run it in 1080p also known as Full HD
        so yeah, El-Retardo Tim go ahead and promote PS4…..

• Richard
        November 3rd, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Funny that, I didn’t spend anywhere near that much on my pc and it runs it perfectly fine at over 60fps. The issue here is not the platform itself in this case the PC, but the developers who failed to support it appropriately.

• Tim Is Gay
        November 7th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

No, YOU have to spend money every month just to play online and YOU have to pay $10-$30 more per game. That means if you have that console for 7 years and buy let’s say 50 games for it…you’re paying roughly an extra $1000 in additional fees that PC users aren’t. Boy you sure saved a lot of money there.

• Val
          November 10th, 2013 at 7:28 am

Games are more expensive because they take a loss on the console it self on purpose. After a year or so they start to profits from exclusives and software.

• Val
          November 10th, 2013 at 7:32 am

I forgot to mention. When you buy a console game for $60 within a year it’s still worth $20 or so to trade in. If your a rewards customer at gamestop you’ll get $25+ towards another game. On pc you buy a game and trees zero investment. I’m actually a bigger PC gamer than console gamer but people really don’t realize the economics behind these things. You’re consoles and console games hold a value. Your pc and pc games do not. I have a $1500 pc with probably over 50 games that just sit and will never be played again. They have zero value and will swim somewhere in nowhere land for the rest of their live lol.

• TIM REALLY?!?!
        November 13th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

1000.00 Euros on a new PC to play BF4 at 60FPS, are you mental? ATI7770 2GB OC ED costs around £130.00. Do your research before you post.

• Trickedout
        November 14th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I am a pc gamer and have the same prob’s with BF4 and FYI I am running BF4 at 120 to 160fps lets and C3 at the same speeds lets see you ps4 do that. you just said the the ps4 is stuck at 60fps gaming pc’s never run that low that is child’s play. we run 120 to 220fps ooohhyaaa that’s how we role..

• Clooney
      November 1st, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Hmm. sounds to me like your IT department needs an overhaul. My game runs smooth as silk as well as do my clan mates. Those having issues need to understand that your Windows environment is the cause and the only problems related to the game that anyone should be having is server disconnects.

• Brandon
        November 5th, 2013 at 7:04 pm

you missed one big thing the netcode is shit and needs to be fixed asap

• benny
          November 13th, 2013 at 1:41 am

bf3 BF 4 and at the same accound what causes you can play only one game at a time, We dont buy no more a game but an empty box. I call this pure mafia practices. I call upon the people to stop this and nothing more to buy from these makers, until they make sure that we can play independently. just think if these companies go failiet, what we have we than on this games that cost more than 120 euros

• Rexhunter99
        November 11th, 2013 at 2:25 am

Windows environment. Lol.

Honestly, let’s all just calm down, the reason it “works” on console is because consoles always get the priority, that’s where publishers make the big bucks, and it’s easier to get them running on four or five consoles than five million iterations of PC. I am a hobbyist game programmer, developing for PC is a nightmare… I’ve had to dumb down my game to support graphics cards as old as 2002, my user base refuses to upgrade “Why should I? It works fine.” This logic kills the market, this logic is why consoles are popular and will continue to be popular. This logic is why PC titles like BF4 are in trouble. CoD has none of these issues because the base game engine hasn’t changed in 10 years. It’s still quake underneath all the glorified paint and stickers.
        I tune PC’s for a living, my rig runs everything fine. I can play BF4 at Ultra, 120 fps while streaming music and keeping several tabs open in Chrome with no performance hit, it crashes… once every three or so games. I believe half my issue is I use NVIDIA graphics cards and not AMD, which this game was optimised for, I will test the theory out with my new R9-290x card when I get my mitts on it.

• lockit
      November 2nd, 2013 at 2:32 am

Well console players can insult all they want,if it wasn’t for a Pc then consoles wouldn’t even exist,its so disappointing too see all the great games being released onto console but not for pc,my honest opinion is that console have so much limitations compared to the sheer power of a pc.a while ago I watched a youtube video where battlefield 3 was compared on both xbox 360 and the pc,and the difference was astounding.I’m really just sick of the developers only making games for consoles,example:GTA V,now the gta series has been on pc since the beginning,I mean yeah sure we had to wait for a gta iv pc release and it was also pretty broken due to the huge lag issues,but now finally gta V is released its only for consoles wich I think is utter bullshit!…let’s face it PC is king and will always be,so if any developers read this I’m asking you to stop being so dam LAZY and make a propper dam video game!!or just let me know and ill gladly do it myself,btw I’m 16 and don’t have any programming knowledge or any other experience needed to make a game but I swear I can do a better friggin job!

• Scorch855
        November 2nd, 2013 at 8:11 pm

the dev’s aren’t being lazy, there is just more money in consoles. It’s actually wayyy easier the develop for PC.

• Cain2219
        November 3rd, 2013 at 6:12 am

If you haven’t heard yet…… “Star Citizen”……….That is all my friend

• Morltha
        November 3rd, 2013 at 11:21 am

The personal computer market effectively started in 1977, the Magnavox Odyssey (the first home games console) was released in 1972.
        So erm…. you’re wrong about that.
        Yes, PCs are more powerful and more useful, but consoles are simpler.
        For the past 3 years, since I got my PS3 Slim 120gb, I’ve been able to just turn on the system every night and not worry about compatibility, how much my installed games will slow my system, etc.

• benbarnett
          November 4th, 2013 at 12:48 am

I wish I could say the same, but I YLOD’d on two different PS3s.

One was a launch non-PS2 compat and it died pretty quick. The second one was free and came broken, I managed to Frankenstein it TWICE with parts from the launch console. Today I use custom firmware and pirate all the PS3 exclusives I’m interested in. I bought one game for the PS3, “Army of Two”, and I was enlightened as to the true nature of “console gaming”.

• Spib
          November 7th, 2013 at 8:58 pm

If you want to be extra anal about it, there were games on computers as far back as the 1950s, but I guess they don’t count because they required more than the maximum effort of pushing a single button that an idiot like you can summon, right?

• Garrett
        November 29th, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Well said

• Patrik
      November 2nd, 2013 at 5:49 am

People bashing on eachother on the internet (surprising and amazing people doesnt grow up) you guys that bash and act like douches on the internet would probably piss your pants if someone did it to you irl…grow up and learn to speak properly when u talk to others…keyboardwarriors…

• muh
      November 2nd, 2013 at 12:09 pm

you don’t have to buy it for 110 , you can order it in mexico and pay 898 pesos for bf4 + premium

• Morltha
      November 3rd, 2013 at 11:03 am

Oh, sod right off.
      If it wasn’t for console gamers, there wouldn’t be ANY PC gamers!
      Console gaming is no worse than PC gaming. While you can potentially get the best gaming experience on PC, consoles give a more consistent experience that is easier to achieve. You don’t have to change your setup to satisfy certain games.
      Just, don’t be an elitist twat.

• benbarnett
        November 4th, 2013 at 12:45 am

“If it wasn’t for console gamers, there wouldn’t be ANY PC gamers!”

What? Elaborate please, I’m really curious. There was indeed a time when Console gaming could be said to be “better” than PC gaming (and I did not disagree at the time). This was when consoles were still called computers, during the Famicom era (NES). The consoles had different games that had different styles of play.

Nowadays the consoles get the same games that the PC market does, it’s just that they play at significantly lower resolutions for more money and do less. There’s just no reasonable explanation for why console gaming is still a “thing”.

I mean, it won’t be after this generation, at least not nearly as large as it was last generation. PC is bringing the heat with amazing games that will be unmatched in the console sphere, on top of bringing true Virtual Reality for the first time. Hillcrest trackers, Oculus Rift, and Omni(-directional treadmill) are going to absolutely crap all over the console offerings. There’s simply no reason to game on consoles when I can just jack into the Matrix any time I want. I’m being facetious of course, but only a little bit.

• EA is Trash
          November 19th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

PC gamers have made their beds on this one. Do you know why game sales on PC are significantly lower than consoles? BECAUSE YOU GUY PIRATE GAMES! Publishers are weary when it comes to PC. I’d game on a PC but the selection of games are meh. Also EA, they are most definitely the epitome of corporate greed. One more thing I’m currently on my PS4 typing this and we have the same issues with battle turd 4. It’s unplayable at times as the article says.

• Spib
        November 7th, 2013 at 8:53 pm

It’s easy to be an elitist twat when people like you openly admit to being too stupid to operate something as simple as Windows.

Doesn’t help that you must be about 10 years old if you think consoles came before PC games either.

• Spib or not to spib that is the question
          December 17th, 2013 at 3:17 am

Pretty sure I can remember when the PC came out. The text adventure games weren’t quite as slick as the Atari space fighter.

You must be on the young side yourself if you think PC games predated consoles.

• Eldruin
      November 3rd, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I AM SO DISAPOINTED on this game. just bought it and cant even play it on pc!!! want my money back

• Hiduard
        November 4th, 2013 at 9:13 am

There is a “refund” option @EA

• Axiom Reckoner
      November 3rd, 2013 at 6:31 pm

You were right. There it went.

• KlicKz
      November 4th, 2013 at 10:03 am

Don’t talk absolute shit I’ve had zero problems, the only fix I need is with my interact key, which on changing the only thing I can’t do is swap kits after running out of ammo

• Ryan Jordan
      November 5th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Why wont my online or campaign save, im stuck on a corp 5, and every match I level up half way through..ive beat the campaign 3 times and each time its deleted

• phinn
      November 7th, 2013 at 6:32 am

I don’t intend to insult PC gamers with this comment, I play Dota 2 on PC all the time, but I will say that Battlefield 4 didn’t crash once during Beta on my PS3. I couldn’t play it on my PC it didn’t run well and I’m not wasting money to upgrade it. Hopefully the PS4 version runs as well as the Beta did on PS3.

It’s sickening that DICE did this with Battlefield 3 as well with that huge 2gb patch that came out months later fixed everything. Battlefield is my favorite FPS but it’s always a buggy POS.

• Alan Watts
      November 11th, 2013 at 4:59 am

Battlefield 4 is most definitely playable on PC. Do not write such utter nonsense. Granted the setup process is more complicated than playing the game on PS3 or Xbox. I have it installed through EA Origin account game code bought on Amazon (cheaper there) – I know all the settings required to get the game to work. And yes it didn’t at first took me about 15 minutes to work out the problems.

• BF4NJDEVILS69
      November 11th, 2013 at 11:56 am

hey I got to say this too, console freezes and crashes A LOT

• Michiatrix
      November 12th, 2013 at 5:43 am

Lol? Console PEASANTS? Your funny. Consoles have all influenced PC versions of games, so I wouldn’t be whining if I were you.

• Elessar
        November 24th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Oh really? ALL PC GAMES? Listen up you console twat. Did consoles start Battlefield? NO. Battlefield 1942 was the very first title. For PC only. If it weren’t for you console drones, Battlefield would be 100x more better. Go cry in your hole idiot.

• benny
      November 13th, 2013 at 1:44 am

bf3 BF 4 and at the same accound what causes you can play only one game at a time, We dont buy no more a game but an empty box. I call this pure mafia practices. I call upon the people to stop this and nothing more to buy from these makers, and with two players is not allowed. min 4 players, deu. until they make sure that we can play independently. just think if these companies go failiet, what we have we than on this games that cost more than 120 euros.

• superdude5000
      November 14th, 2013 at 12:02 pm

funny they don’t list who the author of this article is…

2. danvan
    October 31st, 2013 at 2:45 pm

come to console gaming were eveything is fine ps3 an xbox if you want best

• Storm_Worm5364
      October 31st, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I want the best, so I’m on PC. Not even the next gen will be as good as the PC, which is the reason I’m just getting PS4 when a new Naughty Dog game comes out.

• Jake
      November 1st, 2013 at 6:09 am

Have you seen the graphics comparison you complete gook? The consoles, and their ‘next-gen’ superiors are a complete embarrassment when compared to the PC gamer masterrace.

3. sucks to be you
    October 31st, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Game plays fine on my end, been playing every night with a group of about 33 guys, having a lot of fun. Our servers have crashed a few times, but other than that it runs smoother than beta.

• poopy
      November 1st, 2013 at 5:16 am

ya same here. i prob have 20 hours in and i’ve crashed 3 times. this still sucks but its not nearly as bad as this article makes it out to be.

• lolololololol
        November 2nd, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Well you are both lucky. With me it either doesn’t load the level at all, doesn’t connect to any server, ‘rubber band’ me around like crazy even though I get about 20 ping OR on the rare occasion I do connect to a server it crashes near the end of the match so I lose all progress. Since the game was released (Nov 1st @ 12.00am) I’ve only managed to play 2 games from start to finish with absolutely no problems, after trying on about 30-35 matches/servers.

• Axiom Reckoner
          November 3rd, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I had a friend with the same problem. I’m packing a $1600 gaming leviathan, so I run smooth and steady. He, on the other hand, is just on a crappy home PC. I had him bump up to 8gb RAM, which only cost 40ish bucks, then installed a few new drivers for his video card. It runs okay on minimum graphics, but there definitely isn’t any problem with rubber banding anymore. I’d look into those sorts of fixes.
          If you have less than 4 gigs of RAM, you’re generally going to have trouble with any big FPS

4. ChrisH
    October 31st, 2013 at 3:53 pm

It’s because they prob cared about advertising and bloody spending half of their time setting up this ball USA vs Europe crap after the beta, which should of been spent fixing the problems …. But hey, it’s EA. Don’t you wonder why they are doing it on the Xbox and not the PC? Because of all the problems that us PC players are getting. Someone should swap the xbox’s around at the venue for PC then they would be facked.

• Jake
      November 2nd, 2013 at 8:46 am

They’re doing it on the xbox because microsoft is mad that everyone is switching to ps4/PC. So, they bought EA’s love.

5. mWarlord
    October 31st, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I don’t know about you guys, but me and alot of friends does not have no problem playing on BF4, No single Crash or whatever you are talking here about!!!!

• Der Riese
      November 2nd, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Same here, I havent had a server crash on me so far

• brap brap
        November 2nd, 2013 at 6:38 pm

same tbh. no problem at all. had a problem loading beta but that was my fault, comodo firewall was stopping the browser plugin so I fixed that fast, since then all is fine. game runs smooth no crashes.

find out the problem for yourself don’t wait for EA to come and wipe your ass for you! =)

6. Fidius
    October 31st, 2013 at 3:55 pm

This is exactly why i ordered both BF4 and GHOSTS at the same time because i had a gut feeling the pc gamers like myself would suffer this painful experience 🙂 at least ill be able to play cod and ease the suffering slightly until they fix the mess…..having said that i am yet to install BF4 and i might be lucky and just experience the odd crash like i did in the beta other than that i had no issues…..fingers crossed :p

• poopy
      November 1st, 2013 at 5:18 am

CoD Ghaysts? there are better ftp games to hold you over lol.

7. true enough
    October 31st, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Yeah, I have a 60%+ quit rate just from crashes.

Game needs some more patches.

October 31st, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Been playing fine here on PC as well since the very second it released. Had one round where the game froze but already at rank 10 and playing round after round. This is @ 2560 x1600 ultra setting, i7 @ 4.8 16gb ram, 512gb ssd, love it! My clan are playing just fine also. No issues.

9. Problems
    October 31st, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I play it on the PS3, and ever since the 2nd Patch came out Tuesday evening EST, it crashes every time I enter a Server with people on it. When I play Firing Range or on an Empty Server, it is fine.

Does anybody else have this problem?

10. Michelle
    October 31st, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Agree.

My audio loops every 5 minutes and the game freezes during that time for a few seconds which makes the game unplayable! I have updated everything and made sure I only have one active audio device and still the same thing. The only thing I haven’t tried is reinstalling Windows 8.1. 🙁

11. fixed
    October 31st, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I had all those problems, I think. It was caused by the beta install. Uninstall beta, uninstall punkbuster then do a fresh pb install and fix the install directory when you add bf4.

• TristanSDX
      November 1st, 2013 at 4:18 am

Ive done that. Still crashes.

12. Byrd317ex
    October 31st, 2013 at 6:37 pm

IT Sucks But It will be fixed. “Then PC Shall Reign Supreme, Again” In mad scientist voice… Chill out it will be fixed we will all get to play the dam game. Big Happy Ending, At least better that the Campaign Mode

• Byrd317ex
      October 31st, 2013 at 6:37 pm

That is…..

13. spartan clan
    October 31st, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I played the BETA and it ran hit boxes were off though and here and there it would stutter randomly but since the full release like this article says it is utterly unplayable i get 5-10 minutes into a game and it freezes deploy screen or just standing there or driving or running doesnt matter.

for reference im running
    I5 3570k
    Evga GTX SC 760
    16gb Gskill 1866 ram
    windows 8

14. SoSad
    October 31st, 2013 at 8:21 pm

As a PC player I waited until the Beta to see if I would buy the game or not and I’m glad I did, the Beta was unplayable for me until the last few days and even then it was super glitchy/laggy .
    This seals the deal.
    BF3 is still not completely fixed and I have no doubt 4 will still be having major problems when they release 4.5 or 2143.
    Too bad So Sad as Battlefield had such potential.

15. whatever
    October 31st, 2013 at 8:52 pm

BF4 is nothing more than an alpha test for BF5.

• Mini
      November 1st, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Kid, wtf are you shitting. Do you get drunk in the evenings and talk shit on this forum?

16. Yeah
    October 31st, 2013 at 9:14 pm

what is everyone talking about. I have a POS PC and i have not experienced anything people are talking about.

17. Merk
    October 31st, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I have about 6-8 hours in MP on BF4 on pc. Maybe 2 or 3 audio-loop type crashes in that time. 99% of the time the game runs flawless for my friends and I.

18. Jebus
    October 31st, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Game works fine with me. Maybe its because everyone’s PC’s are toasters.

19. Neighborhood Friendly Poster
    October 31st, 2013 at 10:39 pm

BF4 only works for me wen i play TDM and have my screen windowed @ medium settings. It tends to freeze here and there for about 5-9seconds once in awhile but its better then freezing every freakin time and crashing. I’ve played 8 good games so far i hope it continues to play the way it is now till the first patch.

20. THE TRUT
    October 31st, 2013 at 11:22 pm

NO WONDER GERMAN PC MAGAZINE RECOMMENDED PS4 VERSION LMAO PC SUCKS

• Mini
      November 1st, 2013 at 8:21 pm

LOL someone magazine recommends the PS4 version.
      Seems like most PC players are playing the game fine. Why would someone get the PS4 version if they have a good PC that can run the game? Unless they are like in love with console gaming.

Run along kid.

21. TC
    October 31st, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Bah, suffering from constant crashes “battlefield 4 has stopped working”, rubber banding, and hit boxes way off… I agree, unplayable.

22. Skipio
    November 1st, 2013 at 12:29 am

I love the irony of the minimum requirements for the game the most.
    Windows vista 64 bit SP1.

The problem is, the drivers for video cards on Vista 64 bit is only at driver version 13.4 for AMD cards, which includes the BETA drivers everyone is so keen to point out…. thus when you load up the game it says, REQUIRES Drivers 13.8 OR HIGHER TO PLAY WITHOUT ISSUES….

Remind me to never buy a Radeon card ever again…

23. None
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:26 am

Thanks OP for your sincerity.
    OTher fan sites still mute about it.

That’s the awful truth.

24. p1m0z
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:45 am

please help me, i have a 4GB xbox and it doesnt let install the 2GB needed, i’ve got 3,2GB free and its real annoying cause it only sends me back to choose hard drive

im buying next gen so ill tranfer the game

it also happened to me when playing halo’s campaign online

• Babaloo2U
      November 1st, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Buy a 16GB flash drive for like $15-30 and use that or get the 250GB HDD for xbox. It’s like $100 I think.

The reason xbox is so cheap is because they pretty much force you into spending another $100 just to play your $60 game.

• Scorch855
      November 2nd, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I’m not certain but i’m pretty sure xbox hard drives are just use sata so any hard drive will work but if it’s bigger than 2.5″ it wont fit inside and you will need cables to have it hang out

25. Yo
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:50 am

Yes keep up the PC vs. console hardware battle or your drivers/PC not up to scratch etc etc arguments! This lets EA / Dice off the hook, same thing happened with BF3. Glad all the noise is happening on day one, there should be a class suit against EA if they don’t fix this s..t up!

26. bafflefield
    November 1st, 2013 at 2:20 am

looks like the retard fatpockets developers cant fix crashes and it keeps crashin everytime after the patch

27. MJORH
    November 1st, 2013 at 2:22 am

Same here ,keeps freezing n i tried increasing core voltage ,downclocking u know everything !

28. apoe
    November 1st, 2013 at 2:57 am

@Suffering Guilty: you have no idea what you’re talking about. A $1500 PC would be more or less top of the line with GTX780 / R9 290x… you can build a very strong gaming PC for half that price nowadays..

29. apoe
    November 1st, 2013 at 3:00 am

You have no idea what you’re talking about. A $1500 PC would be more or less top of the line with GTX780 / R9 290x… you can build a very strong gaming PC for half that price nowadays. And yes, consoles are better at price/performance ratio but only at the moment when a new generation is released.

30. JB
    November 1st, 2013 at 3:44 am

I haven’t had that much issue – crashing is definitely a problem though. Regardless, I get stable FPS and minimal stutter with a Q6600 3.2GHz and 6950, 1920×1080 medium.

31. Brian
    November 1st, 2013 at 3:48 am

Wow . . .that really sucks. I haven’t experienced these issues.

32. Diogo L
    November 1st, 2013 at 4:02 am

I have a Core i5 2500k@ 4.6Ghz, MSI GTX 660TI 3GB, 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ Gksill, Full HD Monitor, Windows 8.1 64 bits, and I can’t play BF4 because every match the game crashes for me, this is very annoying 🙁

I will not buy the premium version if this continues.

33. TristanSDX
    November 1st, 2013 at 4:07 am

This is true. Very often (in most cases) game crashes after few minutes of playing.

34. Biggie
    November 1st, 2013 at 4:15 am

Try updating your drivers. My BF4 runs pretty well. I had a couple of crashes in the SP, but with hours of gameplay in between.

35. zap
    November 1st, 2013 at 5:11 am

Sorry but thats a bit too much bullshit to claim here on a BF4 blog.
    You should seriously rephrase that headline.

It is perfectly playable for me, no crashes yet (played about 20h), i
    get between 50 and 80 fps on a GTX660Ti with i5 and 16GB RAM,
    latest NVidia drivers and Windows 7. Not even one single problem yet.

I can understand the frustration of those who really have serious bugs
    and cannot enjoy the game at all. But it was all the same for BF3 too.
    On release it had some serious issues and a lot (NOT ALL) users
    could not fully enjoy the game. But DICE fixed almost everything
    very quick. Give it a little time. The game is great.

Also i recommend to follow some of those “BF4 common problems
    and fixes” threads that are all over. For example opening the network
    ports for BF3/4 in your router/firewall can help a lot with disconnects.

36. Hard Dominator
    November 1st, 2013 at 5:19 am

It runs fine. Had some game crashes but that was also in the beta. No problems with servers that cannot be joined or games that cannot be loaded.

To be blunt most of the complainers have no idea what they’re doing with their systems. They just shelled out the cash for one. With every fix they find and apply they potentially ruin it more and more until the installation is beyond repair and needs a re-install. Conclusion: don’t do everything some forum nut tells you will fix the problem. Look around more before you decide to apply a fix. You don’t have to be an engineer for this.

Anyways I’m looking forward to a patch for those who experience problems when joining games.

37. Alex
    November 1st, 2013 at 5:36 am

I didn’t get Battlefield 4 yet, but from the beta, I did not have any crashes, but bad fps.

38. Bf4IsShit
    November 1st, 2013 at 6:04 am

This game is so shit, it feels like I’ve been scammed out of $60. Undoubtedly the worst gameplay/maps I’ve ever seen in battlefield.

It does have levolution though, which is an awesome…

gimmick.

• Olympus
      November 1st, 2013 at 6:54 pm

The maps feel small and wierd.

39. ndrh
    November 1st, 2013 at 6:17 am

all stats fked up because of crashes almost every fkin time. Beta worked better than final release LOL.

40. Mick
    November 1st, 2013 at 6:44 am

So you really think dice is to blame for EA’s, the publisher, the man with the plan and also all the money, repetetive push for deadline no matter what the product looks like. You are as ignorant as your post.

November 1st, 2013 at 6:50 am

id rather not play BF4 than subject my self to a half assed sub par so calked next gen version that just works on a garbage console that can’t even run the game at 1080 yeh I’m talking about ps4 and xbox one.. I’ll stick with my 3 grand PC thanks. Btw BF4 runs just fine on since release…

42. Olympus
    November 1st, 2013 at 7:37 am

Whoa!!! GTA V and Battlefield 4 what’s going on?

43. Olympus
    November 1st, 2013 at 7:38 am

I agree

44. Nancy Kerrigan
    November 1st, 2013 at 8:30 am

Bugfield 4 is the worst game ive ever played. Its rubbish, crashing every hour. Im returning this POS tomorrow!

45. whatever
    November 1st, 2013 at 10:16 am

This. So much this.

46. Godabove09
    November 1st, 2013 at 10:29 am

Releasing a product on p.c is always a potential nightmare. With so many different rigs, running so many different packages, with umpteen variations on a theme you can’t, as a publisher, guarantee a definitive version of a game. My top spec, £2000 p.c will run the game differently to my friends £500 setup, never mind our respective internet connections adding more problems. At least the PS4 version can offer a degree of uniformity and consistency. I hear a lot from console gamers who ridicule p.c gamers for playing COD on a mouse and keyboard etc…blahblahblah. Hopefully anyone suffering problems will find a resolution, it can be FRUSTRATING as hell, I know. So I’ll see you on the battlefield soon.

47. Jeff
    November 1st, 2013 at 10:37 am

Totally unplayable on PC. I freeze, gotta kill the .exe, rejoin and 15 sec later (no jokes) freeze again! What piss me off the most is that I was running the beta flawlessly.

It’s really infuriating that an EA top studio can’t make sure that these kind of things get fix before the release. But it’s symptomatic of Dice, lack of testing before release.

48. Brian
    November 1st, 2013 at 10:49 am

Haven’t had a single problem on PC – yet!

49. Jeffers
    November 1st, 2013 at 10:51 am

Not sure why everyone is having problems, Having read this whilst I was installing I was very apprehensive! Barring a few server crashes me and a clan mate have been playing fine. Could it be a geography/server issue? My laptop is i7 but nothing uber powerful

50. killerboye
    November 1st, 2013 at 11:06 am

Getting almost no problems at all.
    Running constant v sync 60 fps on everything ultra except AA which is disabled, windows 8.1, i5 4670K, gtx 760, 8gb ram, latest drivers.

The only problems I get are: some soundbugs in some vehicles, a little bit of lag, some hitdetection issues and a gamefreeze like every 3-5 hours.

The game is great and I still recommended it if you have simular specs as me which are surely not overkill, but more recommendations.

51. boo ron
    November 1st, 2013 at 11:08 am

It’s not running great on the 360. Lots of crashes, sound issues, freezing. Same thing that is reported here for PC.

52. Collision
    November 1st, 2013 at 11:10 am

GTX 770 …

53. Olympus
    November 1st, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Calm down , I’m kidding I’m both PC and console gamer.

• Foofy69
      November 1st, 2013 at 6:23 pm

I’m not talking to you Olympus, lol. I’m talking to Suffering Guilty. Heh heh.

54. sylla1000
    November 1st, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Thank,s for this, it is the truth most Nerv costs the New Server Join System, oh is no System.
    Always full 55 people 64 Server Join and… upsss.. Server full no Join.
    and by the way maps are confused in every bush is at least one shooter

Mfg.Hope

55. Me
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I’ve probably got 20 hours in this week playing BF4 on a PC and I’ve never once seen a crash a hang or anything else but pure solid gameplay.

One thing I really hate about the game though is having to get completely out of the game and loading a web interface to find new games. Just keep it in the game, I don’t want to wait for that thing to start up every time. It’s like 5 minutes between ending one game and getting into a new one.

56. BF Fun times
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:42 pm

This is a very demanding game indeed.

Win 7 / 64-bit
    i7-860 (oc’d to 3.8 ghz with HT on)
    sapphire 7850 oc – 13.11 (latest beta drivers)
    1920x1080p

High Settings will give me 50-55 fps on average, with v-sync on.
    Ultra Settings will give me low 40 fps on average, with v-sync on.
    -Both have ‘none’ for Anti-aliasing settings.
    – In my case, I’ve been booted from a server once and crashed once.

It should be noted that the fps will have sporadic low dips from 55 down to low 40’s on occasion, not sure why.
    -Some maps are more demanding than others.
    -It’s pretty no doubt and I did try Ultra with 4xAA just to peak around and yes it’s quite a beauty. I almost wish I didn’t see that 😉

57. XD
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:49 pm

XD

58. whatever_sa
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I have a GTX560Ti and i have no crashes… have been playing for hours… just use the latest nvidia drivers…

59. HarryBattlefiend4
    November 1st, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Look, as much as I would love to scroll back up and read the constant bullshit about which system is better for bf4 (even though PC games with the right components will ALWAYS out do any console, at least we’ll see what xbox/ps will put out.) I’m glad to hear many of you are not having any problems but I’m running what you would call an ELITE pc (660ti card, i7 overclocked, 16g’s of ramm, ect,) and I may finish a few games but as of now it seems playable, just VERY frustrating. My question is, has anyone found a way to fix the constant crashes? I have faith that they will fix these sort of things in due time, but I’ve tried it all. New drivers, new installation, new settings, WHAT?! There must be someone who has found a way to make this game efficient! Honestly, I have 0 lag, as it should be… dammit. My fps is destroying the screen running on ultra with no frame rate issues. It just seems to keep crashing randomly. So please, PLEASE, someone more knowledgeable than tell me how to stop the “BattleField4 has appeared to stop working” bullshit.

60. John
    November 1st, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I have noticed BF4 only uses a few GB of ram, with BF4 running on Win7 64x my rig is only using 4 of 16GB available and the game CONSTANTLY swaps out data causing hard drive stutter and I wonder about stability. Haven’t seen a mainstream game use so little in years.

I guess I could more it to my SSD which might help, but its clearly a issue and no doubt a causing of a lot of peoples problems.

61. tres
    November 1st, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I didn’t realize it was that bad for most. I’m at 100+ fps on a 5 year old overclockef i7and haven’t crashed but a couple times which were during loading and just figured something happened when logging into the server and it closed. I am running a fresh install of Windows.

i7 920 @ 4Ghz
    2x GTX 770
    6GB 1600Mhz

62. Lol
    November 1st, 2013 at 5:11 pm

So true man lol

P.S. If the game works fine for you…GO PLAY THE SHIT!

63. josh
    November 1st, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I’m a console gamer. No problems with pc gamers I know quite a few from work. But BF4 right now is shit. In pages $60 for shit I can’t even get spawned in before the damn thing makes my ps3 crash if I could afford a ps4 or a good pc setup I would have waited for the game. Maybe it would have been a wise decesion at this point. But my point is the whole battlefield playing community got ass raped by this dice made another shitty start and walked off with our cash

64. name
    November 1st, 2013 at 7:29 pm

/cosign

65. Rens
    November 1st, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Ive been running Battlefield 4 for 2 days now. Ive had major lag issues (while the ms was like 20 or lower). Server crashes 2 or 3 times in a row, sound looping, blue car wrecks (graphic artefacts). I do have the latest possible nvidia drivers and running i7 2600k with GTX 680. The game itself when it DOES properly run looks beautiful. But I feel this game isnt even out of a beta phase yet.

Squad deathmatch is litterally unplayable. Ive never seen such a unfinished game that is supposed to be a triple AAA title. Its probably not Dice’s fault, i reckon it is EA games with their crazy deadlines en pushing. They ruined tons of games with that attitude, not to mention the pay2win micro transactions they were so fond of.

66. delly
    November 1st, 2013 at 8:13 pm

I’ve had one crash in the campaign after the first 5/6 hours of gaming, probably OC related so not too worried.. honestly the bitching on here is pretty embarrassing

For me performance is simply incredible 60-70fps all settings Ultra and 1080p on 90″ HD projector with surround sound. What a game, totally playable and very enjoyable, cant wait to play online..

• DavidH
      November 2nd, 2013 at 2:05 pm

“What a game, totally playable and very enjoyable, cant wait to play online..” lolololol good luck with that, i’ll see you back here tomorrow when you will be as pissed off as the rest of us when the server your on crashes and all your xp, unlocks and so on are gone and you realise you paid hard earned cash for an unfinished game. After the BF3 launch you would think they would of gotten this one right. It has nothing to do with our pc’s or net connection, its all to do with Dice and EA screwing up, again. Roll on BF5 so we can go through this crap again.

67. Mini
    November 1st, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Looks like someone is butthurt here.

Even $1k would by me a very good PC. Lol, $1500 is just a waste of money in my opinion, considering how fast hardware depreciates.

And if your PC only plays videos games for you, that’s kind of a waste of a resource.

• Foofy69
      November 2nd, 2013 at 8:56 am

Actually im not butthurt at all. I can run bf4 on high everythjng with 50ish fps. And my computed only cost 780$, which is still about how much you are going to pay for your new precious next gen. And I also dont use it just for gaming, I use it for evrrything else that a computer was made for… so can you please shut up?

• Ctrlaltdeny
      November 13th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I have to disagree about price/performance depreciation. I have a GTX 690, that is still top dog and I built this rig 2 years ago almost, on the day the 690 came out. Combine that with an i7-3770k, 16GB of Corsair Vengeance ram, and a PCI-E SSD drive and I eat next gen consoles for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper.

Anything below 120fps for me is a rarity on any games highest settings.

68. Justin
    November 1st, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Haven’t had any of these issues and my PC isn’t that great.

69. Dmitry
    November 2nd, 2013 at 5:14 am

I play on a 3.5 year old PC. AMD buid with 2 Geforce cards: 480 & 440(for some seperate calculations.)

I still run all games I play at max settings (most at 60-119fps) and my only issue with BF4 is- It takes a long time to load up at the start. Cool game though.

70. Bleh
    November 2nd, 2013 at 5:17 am

Horrible. Game crashes once or twice per hour. And I can’t understand the people that say “its your machines fault” just because they and a few of of the people they know don’t have as much problems does not mean the rest of the world that has problems are idiots. Sorry but if you use google you will find so many crash complains with no solution in sight that you can’t say “its your fault, reinstall windows”.

71. hezzelito
    November 2nd, 2013 at 7:02 am

this is exactly what happened to me in the beta. i see no changes has been made.

72. yeawhatever
    November 2nd, 2013 at 7:20 am

As i predicted, the game was rushed. only 2 years development for bf4? LOL, the scale of the game is huge! its going to take years for DICE to fix all this crap. They still havent fixed bf3 XD

73. Hex
    November 2nd, 2013 at 11:19 am

Yea… if i remember right the BF3 launch was similar, they better fix this soon b/c the game is awesome !
    Even though I…
    – crash half the games
    – sounds bugging
    – can’t get in queue
    – had to buy premiuim (jk)

But there is so many improvements over BF3…

74. im awesome
    November 2nd, 2013 at 12:20 pm

can you stop messaging your problems here and goto ea sports office and do it there they dont give a monkeys what you say here but goto office they be in toilets use ya legs and stop talking about euro money the pound lives on

75. affenjack
    November 2nd, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I have a 300€ pc and max out bf4 on 64 players with ati 7850 2gb and amd athlon X4 4,2GHZ 8 GB RAM WIN 7 64 bit who cares 🙂 have fun

76. Ace
    November 2nd, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I’ve only played the Campaign and have it set at 1920x1080p ,Ultra detail 2xAA-16xAF. And have not crashed one time. I just got past the Dam part and didn’t have any there either. as far as I can tell I have no sound issues either. That could be due to the fact my PC is connected through a mid end 5.1Surround Sound Yamaha Reciever.

• Flame
      November 3rd, 2013 at 5:27 pm

That’s because the campaign has no problems, it’s the multiplayer these whiner’s are talking about. i only get server side issues other than that no problems what so ever, no sound glitches nothing.

77. John Craig
    November 2nd, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I learned my lesson with the Battlefield 3 release, I played the Beta for BF4 and that was enough to convince me not to buy it or wait until EA sells the game around Xmas for $5 which is still overpriced.

EA doesn’t care about it’s consumers, which is what I’ve experienced from purchasing BF3 and other EA games. BF4 will somewhat be stable after a year, and by they will have already milked the cash cow for Battlefield 4, and be pumping adverts for BF5 which will basically be another game that is no different than a DLC for BF3.

What you once loved about the Battlefield franchise is nothing more than a nostalgic memory as they’re taking the same direction Call of Duty has been thriving on for years with their cash cow franchise. The only advice I can give is do not preorder BF5, learn your lesson from 3 and 4, and if you want to eventually get it wait for their deals, think about it why pay $60 for something right away (or before you even have it and don’t know if it will work) that is a glitch fest when you can pay $5 to $20 for something that relatively works.

78. Yaggi
    November 2nd, 2013 at 4:22 pm

WOW… And i thought this was a place to comment on the BF4 bugs, glitches article, instead i see its P.C vs PS vs Xbox vs The world
    Yeah everyone is angry about BF4 and its shortcomings but do you guys (not all of you) really need to take it out on each other saying one platforms better then the other?? try turning on EA or DICE not each other with your frustrations…And remember, its just a damn game.
    Sad to read and hear that such a promising game has turned to s**t for alot of people. Is it just me or is this game starting off like BF2 did?? seems to me it is history repeating its self. The old EA “A patch to patch the game, then a patch to patch the patch” that’s how BF2 was and i hope it doesn’t end that way for BF4, as afew people have said EA & DICE clearly have not learned from there mistakes. To me its seems they are more concerned with the bottom line $ then making a game work fully, hype the hell out of it, rake in the money from pre-orders and downloads and not care to much what happens after that…I mean sure bugs are expected in any game but come on EA/DICE… on this scale!? thats pretty bad really.
    I hope EA/DICE come up with the goods and give everyone a useful patch that clears most of these issues up..no doubt they will take there sweet time before they put out another patch there concern is clearly not the players that’s for sure. And can anyone tell me does the PS3 & XBOX have these same issues??
    Which leads me to also wonder what the PS4 and Xbox One versions will be like and weather they will suffer issues like the p.c version is having?? maybe a day one patch too??

My 5 cents on the P.C vs Console bulls**t,
    Console users(Myself included) stop trying to say your PS/Xbox is better then p.c because the fact of the matter is the p.c will always be better, sad but true…the p.c is always evolving consoles are not….Get over it!!
    P.C users (myself included) stop trying to look down on console users because the console have there advantages, one being more stable games then p.c with very little crashes or freezes.. I’m not saying they don’t get them because they do weather the console users wish to admit it or not.
    With that I’d like to say cut the s**t and lets get on with gaming 🙂

• Toasty
      November 3rd, 2013 at 1:46 am

Great comment! To your last statement. I would love to get to the gaming but the reason the PC users are here is because, though we would love to get to the gaming, it’s nigh impossible. At least with BF4.

• InSaNeOG
      November 3rd, 2013 at 7:40 am

^^^ This comment

79. eLBori
    November 2nd, 2013 at 6:48 pm

You young bucks claiming your gamer’s on console need to realize that the PC gamer’s are who made online gaming the popular thing it is today. Its funny how console gamer’s want to talk shit about the PC community but it was the PC gamer’s who started the whole online gaming craze.

If you ask a console gamer to get on a PC and show there skills, they can’t! They can’t manage to figure out how to use a keyboard and a mouse at the same time. So having said that, when you truly find the ability to put down that silly console remote and learn that the PC’s graphics power and speed is unmatched, by any or future console maybe, just maybe, these game companies will stop watering down the quality of the games we so much love and have made popular just to allow you to get online and play.

80. eLBori
    November 2nd, 2013 at 6:56 pm

@Yaggi, very well said brother and definitely allot better than I could have put it. To those that are console gamer’s and understand where I’m coming from my apologizes to you, I meant no disrespect to you guys.However, to those new jacks that just like to talk shit and don’t think fairly for the full online gaming community, I reinforce what I posted previously.

81. pio99
    November 2nd, 2013 at 7:34 pm

hmm if this made sense id actually oput effort to this i have 4 pcs all gaming 2 laptops 780msli 7970 cf alienware and two dt pcs my newest 780m sli plays bf4 over 60fps my 7970 has not hit bellow 60fps in ultra the entire time yea these things cost alot but if you got the money why not . also im not a huge fan of bf multi play havnt been for years but this issue is not about cost or pc vs xbox etc its about a companies lack of giving a shit in what they dont make much from. xbox and ps generate much more money than pc gaming thus the lack of immediate support with gta5 for pc . i will get both the ps4 and xbox 0ne. its sad though that these companies stopped giving a shit years ago make you pay premium price for a buggy release. its not new

82. Caput
    November 2nd, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I am on the Xbox 360 and I am getting the freezing glitch too. I have to restart my console to get it working. My game has frozen 5 times in the last 3 hours.

83. FreeFry
    November 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 pm

And this is why you never pre-order a game, ever.
    Neither should you buy a game right after release, not as publishers treats the market today.
    Because ~60% of the time (unless it’s indi games) what is delivered on release is an incomplete, broken, mess that the consumers get to “beta” test till they feel they’ve spent enough time on cashing in on it and then it’s time to rinse and repeat.

84. oddvidguy
    November 2nd, 2013 at 11:13 pm

This is why sometimes its better to buy a product a bit after the release, as it will be a bit better with a few more bells and whistles. I am a console gamer, so i cant say for myself whether or not this is an absolute crap game so far on pc. I guess it could speed up the process to give reports on what happened before it crashed tho.

85. frogstyleninja
    November 3rd, 2013 at 1:01 am

Look, everyone: I know the game is REALLY unstable and more or less unplayable. It sucks. But, aside from informing the devs of your issues, there’s really nothing you can do outside of outright boycotting the game. If you are that upset and want to start a movement to that effect then please do so. It is your right as a consumer and one of the few ways to actually produce any kind of change. However, if you are like me and ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, then just send a report of your issues to the devs and keep your snide comments and incessant whining to yourselves. It is very hypocritical to talk mad smack about the devs and then fiend for your next fix of the product that you just called a pile of crap. Does it suck as a consumer when the product you paid for doesn’t work? Yes. But, keep in mind that we also paid for the continued technical support and customer service provided by DICE. I’m fairly confident that sometime soon BF4 will be fully functional. If it isn’t, then I’m a fool and didn’t spend my money wisely. But, until I can make that determination, I’m going to wait patiently for an update; not pound on my keyboard whining over this. Multiplayer game launches ALWAYS encounter issues. It’s the nature of the technology and the industry today. I can’t really do much about it.

Also, to all those people berating PC gamers: You need to realize that ALL video games are made on PCs. Developers have to translate the game to ensure that it works for each console as they make the game. That is why some games run better on certain platforms. PC-only titles don’t have this issue. The only reason why Battlefield is running well on consoles is because the consoles were prioritized during development. This is because more people play on consoles nowadays due to the lower price point of the platforms. However, this does not mean that consoles are somehow intrinsically “better” than PCs. More convenient, perhaps. But not “better”. If anything, consoles are inferior and ultimately harm the industry. Consoles are basically just watered-down PCs with a different name tag on them. In turn, they wind up watering-down the gaming industry. If every game had just one version, we wouldn’t be seeing problems as bad as the ones we’re seeing with BF4.

86. Smegger
    November 3rd, 2013 at 1:19 am

I use Vista 64 Home Premium, with hundreds of installed programs. Runs fine. BF4 says supports AMD, and yet AMD have NOT released video drivers since APRIL 2013!. When BF4 says update drivers, I ACTUALLY CANNOT!! WTF? Come on AMD, and keep supporting Vista SP2. What a pack of mongrels. game still plays well on 12.4 drivers though 7970. Apart from sometimes floating in the air..

87. dawrath
    November 3rd, 2013 at 1:45 am

Its just as bad and has as many if not more problems on PS3.

• Yep
      November 3rd, 2013 at 11:33 pm

No server lists and rubber banding galore even with low ping.

88. Valence
    November 3rd, 2013 at 2:28 am

I really dislike EA. I’m still disapointed they shut down Motor City Online nearly a decade ago. They have some quality titles like Battlefield, but the execution falls short.

89. Richard Stone
    November 3rd, 2013 at 8:42 am

I am sorry to hear many PC gamers are having issues with BF4. I am running it on a new generation i5 processor and a GFX570 card and I haven’t experienced a single crash in the campaign.

Came here to state, as sites like IGN are really negative about the campaign that I actually find it really good. I even enjoy the story and I can appreciate the moral conflicts within the squads you fight alongside with.

Hope all the tech issues gets ironed out soon enough so you all get to enjoy this game the way it was intended! Hang in there and don’t give up on the game!

90. Sludge62
    November 3rd, 2013 at 9:08 am

I guess Call Of Duty Rules.

• Ehhhh
      November 3rd, 2013 at 11:34 pm

They’re both as bad as each other at the moment.

91. Carlos
    November 3rd, 2013 at 11:09 am

The game is great until it crashes, which for me is far too often. It’s very difficult to rank up because nothing is saved, and that is truly frustrating.

I’m hopeful EA will make needed repairs soon, and in the meantime I’ve updated audio and sound drivers in a losing bid to get the game rolling.

92. Alex
    November 3rd, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Unfortunately I’ve suffered the same issues a few times, my main problem is the weird pixelated terrain in that Russian factory map, some audio glitches on the railway map and some crashes here and there.

93. bizmo
    November 3rd, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I CANT EVEN PLAY THE CAMPAIGN

• boneknocker
      November 3rd, 2013 at 11:16 pm

it also has crash and stuttering like MP mode. so…play it may give you more piss.

94. Mario Bross
    November 3rd, 2013 at 4:36 pm

I have solve some instability with AMD beta drivers. But still games hangs from time to time. Once even in “commander mode”.

• boneknocker
      November 3rd, 2013 at 11:15 pm

in most case the best us (player) can do is to reduce a random stuttering. rubble band, crash often come from server side.

nothing to do but endure or…..just go refund like many did before us.

95. AlmightyNaletto
    November 3rd, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I’ve been a huge BF3 fan, I have 300+ hours of pure online gaming on PS3 and 100+ hours of pure online gaming on PC (yep, I’ve got it on both). I’ve bought BF4 on launch day and so far I can’t enjoy the game. It crashes randomly inbetween matches, sometimes it crashes while loading, there are MASSIVE lagging issues on Brazilian servers, the game is a huge mess.
    I was considering getting premium, but I’ll wait, and while I wait, I will go back to my BF3 where I get 6ms ping and there are no constante freezes and ctd.

96. boneknocker
    November 3rd, 2013 at 11:13 pm

every game that has the stupid fanboys and haters always end in the most pathetic doom.

because “licking” never fix anything. it only make thing more and more rot and when it rot enough. it become a rotten garbage.

97. drzoidberg
    November 3rd, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Did anybody actually expect this game to run properly after that horrible demo? Do you really think they fixed all those problems after just two weeks?

No wonder this series is so shitty now: the new fans are gullible AND stupid. Yes, good goyim, keep buying our console optimized COD lite titles. Keep telling yourself Battlefield isn’t dead and DICE hasn’t sold out and that you’re the better player even though you’re playing a casual FPS just like the rest of those bumbling idiots on the other side of the fence.

98. gaminganno2013
    November 4th, 2013 at 1:49 am

thats why you gotta RIP those games…they keep producing trash, theyre not getting my money

rip it, see if u like it, if u like it, buy it…if u dont, u just saved urself some dollars

but really this shouldnt have come as a surprise lol, by the time they started promoting BF4 BF3 was still having gamekilling problems

stop begin naive, take matters into own hands or just shut up and continue being a moneytree for game-makers…these rants have no effect what so ever…

they just make you look dumb

99. DarAnurin
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:49 am

It’s a shame, that DICE is too stupid to support Win 7 32-Bit without any restrictions.

100. INTERNET
    November 4th, 2013 at 1:27 pm

100 comments of ANGRY INTERNET

101. DemKin
    November 4th, 2013 at 3:24 pm

I just bought the game for PC and played a few games.
    So far I love it, it’s a very good online FPS. But yeah, I experienced horrible lags, freezes and shit and crashed like 3 times in what… maybe 7-8 games. It’s perfectly unplayable, and they are selling this at a ridiculous price.
    I’m not sure DICE are the one to blame here though, EA are very well known for being money b*tches and they probably put a huge pressure on the studio for them to finish it quick. That could explain all the bugs.
    Still, the game is good, the community is more than decent ( kids and CoD players probably couldn’t ask their parents to buy the game yet :> ) and it’s still pretty fun to play.
    I will conclude by this : PC master race.

102. Vito
    November 4th, 2013 at 7:10 pm

PC game was unplayable on a 3770k at 4.2 with a GTX 780. I went into Nvida control panel and enabled triple buffering , vsync and set power options for performance.
    Game looks very pretty now and plays decent when it doesn’t crash.
    So got rid of the rubberbanding by doing this but still have the crash like others every 2nd or 3rd map. Hope what I did helps someone else.
    Peace
    Vito

103. Vito
    November 4th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I should add though being a oldie playing since 1942 with Desert Combat days and all other Battlefields…that I would seriously not buy this game at all until patches or ever ever pre-order a BF game again.
    They get your money and make interest off of it to give you a unfinished game. DICE has done this with releases since Bad Company 2 releasing a broken game. I remember even on 2142 the game released fine but then after one patch they didn’t test left a lot of people that couldn’t play it for a month till they came up with another patch.
    DICE / EA Q and A is horrible and they do not care since people will still pre order and buy it. BF5 comes out refuse to pre-order and see if they actually give a finished product to the poor saps that do.

104. stoooopid
    November 5th, 2013 at 1:20 am

You are all stupid its the same game

105. Simon
    November 5th, 2013 at 9:33 am

Hah this is just crap. Hopefully this will be fixed soon because joining matches on pc is such an waste of time atleast for me. Sometimes 1 match is possible too play and sometimes it crashes after 1 min or 2.

106. mike
    November 5th, 2013 at 11:16 am

Hi guys this is the first ever post i have made bf4 really is laggy i have i7k 2600 quad core graphics is geforce gtx 580 4 gig ram etc its quite a fast pc yet
    this is the only game thats this laggy i know early stages in game patches etc but i am 42 been playin on computers as far back as zx spectrum lol its only been in the last 10 years or so guessing a little there that games have been released and then patches follow its a real shame all the big companies rush to get a game out then think oh well lets drag the money in then fix the problem
    dont they realise we know this is what they do . i have a ps3 and a pc and a xbox well kids have xbox ps3 i have pc i like playing fps with mouse keyboard and i think graphics are better us pc gamers where here first and they should respect that sorry ramberling a bit had a few beers lol anyway to end its simple make the game, test it before shipping etc you have the resources to do it ea rockstar origin steam etc etc we shouldnt have to patch all the time and maps etc used to be free now another money making scam shame on you big guys

107. Vito
    November 5th, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Hey Mike your computer specs are low so it is not really a fast PC as you are saying. 4GB ram on a win 7 or win 8 PC is bare minimum to run the OS let alone a hefty game on it. Bump up your comp RAM to at least 8 GB.
    The other issue is the gtx 580. I had 2 in SLI but if you have the 1.5 ram versions like I did you will have lag / stutter if you have your settings to high. Using a program like EVGA precision will tell you how much video card memory is consumed cause if you hit your max that will cause stutter. That is the reason I went to a new vid card with 3 GB ram. 580 is fine but make sure not to hit your 1.5 ram limit on that card but lowering the AA and HBAO etc

108. RACERX2013
    November 6th, 2013 at 9:20 am

BOUGHT A $3500.00 ALIENWARE “JUST” FOR THIS GAME. VERY DISAPPOINTED, ANY WAY TO USE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE ON CONSOLE?? BY THE WAY CRASHES LIKE CRAZY ON SINGLEPLAYER MISSIONS TOO………VERY VERY UPSET

109. VitoC
    November 6th, 2013 at 11:04 am

It’s true the game crashes for no reason, i play on a Toronto server where i live the ping is 13 on average. My PC hardware consists of a quad core i5 3rd gen, 8GB of 2133mhz ram, a GTX 760 and i use an SSD drive. I get on average 60-80 frames easily during action on high settings all the way up to 120frames depending.

I use a sound card (creative sound blaster titanium HD) I get sound problems lag lots of dumb shit for such an expensive game on such an expensive PC, with a great internet connection (rogers extreme, $100 a month)

110. chadd
    November 7th, 2013 at 10:05 am

i had gun jamming in bf3 i now have it in bf4 especially sniper rifles when you have an enemy in site the gun wont fire but will fire fine when not locked on. is it a glitch by other players or is it something to do with the game? are you able to stop it?

111. The 1%
    November 7th, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Plays fine for me on ultra/no AA @ 1080p with 60+fps
    Might be time to upgrade
    And I paid $84 for game+premium.
    Worth every penny.

112. MegaD
    November 8th, 2013 at 8:38 am

So yeah, me and 2 buddies bought ourselves 3 Alienware m18 laptops, that’s a $4250 computer with Sli 2x Geforce gtx 770, i7-4800 with 16 gb Ram.
    We all have different internet connections, 100, 60 , 24 mbit and we all have the same issue. Heavy rubberbanding and an occasional freeze.

BUT i brought my computer to another friends house with access to 250 mbit broadband. Then it worked perfectly, i mean constant 58-59 Fps in the heaviest of battles and perfect lagg-free (No jojo rubberbanding aimbox glitches)

And my god stop comparing console to PC. PC might be slow in the start but we still kick console ass in mid and endgame! 😉

• I`t sucks so far.
      November 9th, 2013 at 7:50 am

Totally agree. Me and my friends have the same issue with the BF4. We played beta, it was lot more stable for my point of view. At first we thought it might take some days to fix and optimize. Its unplayable. If you play team death mach its fine. large maps are extremely laggy. About the “microwave computers” comment- screw you. We are using the highest level hardware. we can run bf4 in ultra settings and get more than 100 fps all the time even in the 64 player maps. Most of us using 680,770 or 7970 sli or crossfire. We pre order this shit….

113. joehimself
    November 8th, 2013 at 8:38 am

“It’s astounding that these sort of issues have plagued every single Battlefield game since BF2. And yet, we somehow expected a developer of DICE’s caliber to learn from their mistakes.”

Since BF2? Why do you give DICE any respect at all?! I bought the first Battlefield (1942) then had to to keep it in a drawer for a whole year before they removed enough bugs to play the game. That’s when I learned. And it’s been that way with every game they launch every time. That’s the way they do it! Now you know – learn and move on. For me I won’t buy any DICE game until it hits the bargain bin. Yeah, I know I miss some fun but not very much compared to all the (unfun) grief and frustration trying to get a dog to run and then failing to do so. And there ARE other fun games out there. Plus there’s that sinking feeling in your stomach knowing that you’ve been intentionally suckered.

114. Yo
    November 8th, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I’ve read they rushed the release to beat COD, the irony is that due to bugs I bought COD myself yesterday to play a game that at least works!

115. Lians
    November 9th, 2013 at 11:51 am

Just to make this clear, DICE didn’t rush the game, EA did. They’re the ones publishing the game and decides it’s release date.

Funny thing is that both games rushed to launch ahead of the other so it ended up buggy for both of them.

116. Jack
    November 9th, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Remember these games are made on PC’s so without PC’s there would be no console games.

Consoles have a set hardware so in one year the console technology gets old and the PC technology advances. In 4 years the console technology is ancient and the PC technology is 4 years ahead.

You also have to remember that you can use the basic processor or graphics card with a PC or get the super fast expensive kind.

With a console you must pick the one model. Imagine on release day if you could pick the basic console or a faster version.

In short, PC is much better and the console is the poor mans computer capable of far less.

117. Sexymama
    November 9th, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I play BF4 on Xbox360, Im lvl 40 and still no crash ! OHHHHHH YEAH! Love that game !

118. ............
    November 10th, 2013 at 12:40 am

BF 4 for me never crashed, only problem was that if my stable fps was about 90-70, when building collapsed, it dropped to 40 on 5-3 seconds.
    Other stuff was great, maybe few bugs here or there, but it was free.

119. hello
    November 10th, 2013 at 3:03 am

I was a console gamer, I moved to pc because the graphics is so much better therefore, I built my self a gaming pc but I didn’t think before I built this pc, that I will have so much problems. Now I will just buy the ps4 and still keep the pc.
    Asus Z87-A mother board, Cpu i7 4770k @3.9Ghz, 8Gb 1600Mhz ram, R9 280x graphics card and 1TB HDD.

120. Luis
    November 10th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

It is a piece of shit game specially with the horde of hackers using aimbots and other stinky hacks, the worst BF Ive seen so far

121. Poopy Shoes
    November 11th, 2013 at 9:50 am

Paid $110 for BF4.
    -Campaign won’t load. Crashes everytime.
    -SLI formation not functional for a lot of people including myself.
    20fps on LOW is not cutting it.

I know I know the Beta sucked. But I was hopeful. I expected a more complete product at $110. At leased I could PLAY the beta.

122. Michiatrix
    November 12th, 2013 at 5:42 am

This issue is not only plaguing the PC edition, but I as a console player, having many of the same issues. Frequent crashes and freezes remove acquired points from that game. I have even had it delete a full save before. I had to restart and everything. I hope DICE takes action soon. I have almost thought about quitting Battlefield 4 until this is resolved, going back to the crappier, but stable Battlefield 3.

123. Ctrlaltdeny
    November 13th, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Any issues with a game come as a result of the quality vs cost argument. Publishers put the money behind the game and the marketing. The developers create the game according to publishers specifications.

The publisher wants the game by X date so the developers have to scale down bug finding to achieve that release date. It’s the way it has always been. Its just easier to optimise for consoles because their hardware doesn’t change.

On a PC you have almost infinite combinations of hardware and software that makes it work, bugs more often are not caused by the game but the hardware and the drivers not working together properly (example: Splinter Cell Blacklist would not let me patch as it caused a blue screen of death, I tracked the issue to the latest driver for my PCI-E SSD card, resolved by going back to an earlier driver).

PC gamers enjoy better games than console people (when they work) and console users enjoy less graphical games but they are more stable and easier to jump into. It’s all down to what level of convenience you want as a consumer.

124. Tony
    November 15th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Disappointing really, bought a new MSI Hawk GTX760 and tried different settings. Even on low settings I get choppy video, sound and game play. Damn horrible and can’t even play it after the latest update. I thought PC was meant to be the best way to play battlefield. Should I have purchased a PS4? Overall the game is teasing me as I can tell the game would be great to play if it was playable. I think I may just give up trying to play it for a few weeks as its not playable at the moment. If someone knows how to setup the PC to make it play better please let me know.

125. Tony
    November 15th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Back in BF3 and happy!! Hopefully one day BF4 will play as nice as BF3!!

126. slimething
    November 16th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

With my new system, I played for several hours on the same server with no crashes today. It was a beautiful experience, although for several hours earlier the servers were having big problems.

I actually love the game now.

127. Talboturbo
    November 17th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Well, what ever happens, I wonder if they will bring consoles and PC servers together to play, and see how unbalanced it is…

128. Tronks
    November 17th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

When I play with engineer or Recon is working good but if i play with medic BF4 crash!. my solution dont play with medic

129. Poop Shoes
    November 18th, 2013 at 9:34 am

Been a couple weeks since I purchased BF4.

-Still can’t play campaign. After installing the new patch (11/14/13), I can no longer join any servers in multiplayer. Great work EA.

-I’m going to scrap this game and start playing something else. I advise everyone to do the same.

The comments on this page are priceless.

130. Poop Shoes
    November 18th, 2013 at 9:52 am

Amen.
    We are all socialized since birth to put everything we see, hear, and feel into categories and boxes so we can make ourselves and our groups feel better by discriminated against those categories and boxes.

As long as their is something different, there will be discrimination.

131. muffinz
    November 18th, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Just change compatibility to win 7 for the 2 exe files.
    Or right click on the shortcuts and change the compatibility there.

132. Josh
    November 22nd, 2013 at 9:27 am

I’m a console player on the Xbox 360. I experience similar issues with sound outage and game freezing.

Also, get off the console players nuts elitist. Consoles are easy to get, don’t require upgrades to play new shit and have it look good (although not PC good), and provides an all around equal playing field for competition independent of machine quality.

That being said, how can I get rid of this console shit and upgrade my system to be a PC elitist. I have money now and want to shit on people too. Haha

Rocking 4 year old i7 975, 12GB ram, and a sad GeFor 260…

133. BringBackBF2StyleLoggingInFOBattleLogkThxBye
    November 23rd, 2013 at 4:16 am

i bought a game thinking i was going to enjoy it, after a few weeks of the constant issues i am having with game crashes & battle log issues i seem to wonder why i bothered paying $90 for a broken game…don’t get me wrong i do enjoy it when it works, IMO i think EA should get rid of battlelog…bring back BF2 style logging in, WHERE you had to OPEN the game to LOG in to a server… end of rant

134. erlen8
    November 27th, 2013 at 1:57 pm

if your computer is good enough, it can handle BF4! simple as that. I have just had a few freezes but that is RARE!

135. Bruno
    December 7th, 2013 at 6:10 am

Cant play the campaign sound loop and freeze, this game is broken. Thanks again DICE and EA…

136. Ash
    December 7th, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Hi guys, I have bf4 on the ps4 and apart from a short while where it was working it is now unplayable. Not because it crashes, but because as soon as the disc is in the tray and I start the game up my internet just disconnects. My connection is ridiculously reliable and I have no issues with any other console, my iMac, my phone, iPad, or laptop. I have no idea why the hell this would happen. Any clues???????

137. andrew
    December 28th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

“As far as the console war you can’t build a ps4 for under $1000 no way”

blatantly false

138. Dan
    January 9th, 2014 at 2:18 pm

well this is to all of the retards saying that bf4 works on pc, this is what I have to say to you. my gaming pc cost $2000 (aud) and it far exceeds the bf4 system requirement but the game won’t even open, I have updated the game, tried disabling my firewall and nothing works. in my opinion the game is not worth the $60 I payed for it and I suggest you get it on console. (btw I took the first disc back that didn’t work and the 2nd disc I got also doesn’t work….)