BF4 Beta graphics comparison on PC: low vs ultra high

The lowest vs highest settings on the PC version shows remarkably little difference.

Battlefield 4 beta graphics comparison
Earlier today we posted Battlefield 4 beta graphics comparison between the PC and Xbox 360, where we were quite surprised just how well the console version stacked up against the PC.

Now we got a PC graphic comparison that looks at the lowest setting vs the highest setting — Low vs Ultra. And at first glance, there isn’t much difference. This is largely due to the fact that many graphical features on the PC have been disabled for the beta. Battlefield 4 will most certainly end up looking better than what we’re seeing in the beta now.

On the ultra settings, the textures and volumetric effects appear to be a bit better, while there is largely no difference in textures (at least from what we can see). Check out the video below and see for yourself.

TAGS: ,

October 2nd, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Its early its day 2 of the beta. Im getting 50-60 fps @ 2560 x1600 all ultra with the beta driver GTX 780 Classified. Once I got past the updating punkbuster ordeal last night and stuck loading screen it runs great.

2. thisiscool
    October 2nd, 2013 at 9:51 pm

im playing bf4 beta on my PS3 and when the skyscraper comes down quality goes really down any suggestions?

• logic
      October 3rd, 2013 at 1:40 am

get a pc

• Your logic is bad
        October 4th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Some people have better things to spend money on than an expensive gaming pc we need to upgrade every year.

• His logic is good
          October 4th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Gaming pcs aint expensive and with consoles you are stuck to the same hardware for years.

• that guy
            October 7th, 2013 at 6:06 pm

yup hes right my rig only costed 400$ and it kills the ps4 and sexbox .

• Thomas
          November 25th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

You don’t “need to upgrade every year”. If you don’t upgrade then you just run new games at lower settings, just like consoles do. A new game comes out years down the road it will look much worse than ultra on a pc…. but you don’t have to upgrade, just run at console level settings. Simple.

I just upgraded my video card, but I ran my old gaming PC for about 3 years and was able to play everything on ULTRA @ 1080p 60-100fps. Now I don’t HAVE TO upgrade because I can still play at high/very high at 60fps, but I did because I wanted to and could. Now I’ll be set for another 3-4 years before I WANT to upgrade again.

• jj
      October 3rd, 2013 at 1:59 am

On the side of the skyscraper facing the water there are 4 large support columns. You need to destroy all 4, then put a few shells into the building itself and BOOM!

Tank is best for this.

• Kage
      October 4th, 2013 at 12:02 pm

the quality doesn’t go down what it is, is that the map gets covered in dirt so thats what you’re seeing.

• Jw
        October 6th, 2013 at 3:43 am

Actually frame rate does suffer when the skyscraper comes down. It’s all the extra dust particles,etc slowing things down. Think it should be tinned down after a while in the final.

3. Maverick1776
    October 3rd, 2013 at 1:04 am

Looks like the reflections are what takes the biggest hit from High to Low.
    Thats still very impressive for low settings.
    When you watch that video, keep an eye on glass, and water. Other than that, both high and low look great.
    This might change in the final product though. I remember Metro in the BF3 beta looking the same from low to high, it seemed like it only affected shadow quality and some texture detail.

4. rodny545
    October 27th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

On the PS3 the foliage textures like the trees in the planters and also the seats ontop of the skyscraper aren’t there. Is it for performance or is it a bug?