Everything you need to know about Battlefield 4 gadgets and unlocks
The final part in our “Everything you need to know” series concerns all the gadgets, weapon attachments, and unlocks of Battlefield 4.
Gadgets, equipment, and unlocks have always been a big part of the franchise. And with Battlefield 4, developer DICE is adding more gadgets than ever. Each of the 4 classes have their unique gadgets and equipment, consisting of weapon systems such as the Mortar for the Support class, and team-support gadgets such as the medkit for the Assault class. Finally, we have all the weapon attachments, such as scopes, sights, silencers, and much more. Check out the full lineup below.
Gadgets and equipment
The four classes each have their own distinct gadgets and equipment they can unlock and use. The gadgets range from team-support gadgets which give the ability to heal and resupply teammates, to offensive gadgets such as mines and various exclusive weapons. Note that the C4 explosives are now available to both the Support and Recon class.
- Assault: Defibrillator / Med pack / Medkit / M26 MASS
- Recon: MAV / C4 Explosives / Motion sensor / T-UGS / SOFLAM
- Support: Ammo box / Claymore / C4 Explosives / Mortar
- Engineer: Repair tool / AT Mine / EOD Bot
Sights and scopes
The list of Battlefield 4 scopes and sights is much longer than what BF3 offered. The scopes and sights are arranged into three categories: short range sights, medium range scopes, and long range scopes. Short and medium range scopes can be used by most weapons, while only sniper rifles can use long range scopes.
- Short range sights: Reflex sight / Holo / Coyote sight / Ghost ring / Delta sight / PKA-S / HD-33 / Kobra sight / IRNV (infrared) / FLIR (infrared)
- Medium range scopes: ACOG / M145 / JGM-4 / PK-A / Prisma scope / PSo-1
- Long range scopes: Hunter scope / Rifle scope / Ballistic scope / CL6X scope / PKS-07
Accessories and attachments
Battlefield 4 features plenty of unlocks consisting ofÂ attachments and accessoriesÂ for most weapons in the game. The unlocks range from scopes, to silencers, to grips, to barrels, flashlights, laser sights and more. The attachments are unlocked on a per-weapon basis, meaning in order to unlock something for a weapon, you have to play and earn kills with that particular weapon. Weapon accessories and camos can also be unlocked via Battlepacks.
Weapon barrel attachments
Most of the rifles and guns can be equipped with a whole bunch of barrel attachments. For example, while BF3 featured just one suppressor, Battlefield 4 features no less than 4 different suppressors. Overall, the game has more lights, laser sights, suppressors for each weapon compared to BF3.
- Barrel attachments: Flash hider / Compensator / Muzzle Brake / Heavy Barrel
- Suppressors: Suppressor / PBS-4 Suppressor / LS06 Suppressor / R2 Suppressor
Weapon body attachments
In addition to all the barrel attachments, weapons can be equipped with an array of laser sights, grips, and more. BF3 featured just one grip, while Battlefield 4 features 6 different grips, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Lights and Laser sights: Flash light / Tactical light / Laser sight / Green laser sight / Tri-beam laser / Laser light combo
- Sights: Magnifier / Canted iron sights
- Grips: Angled grip / Ergo grip / Folding grip / Potato grip / Stubby grip / Vertical grip / Bipod
That concludes our “everything you need to know articles” for now. As we learn more about the game, we’ll be posting Battlefield 4 multiplayer tips and tricks on weapons, classes, maps, and more. Stay tuned, and see you on the battlefield!