Everything you need to know about Battlefield 4 vehicles
Our Battlefield 4 “everything you need to know” series continues with all the vehicles the game has to offer. Be sure to check out our previous entry for all the maps in the game.
Battlefield 4 offers more vehicles than any other game in the series, at least when it ships. The game ships with a total of 35 vehicles, spread across five categories and three factions. For the first time in the series, attack boats are represented as well, paving the way for naval combat. Here’s the complete breakdown of all the Battlefield 4 vehicles.
Tanks and armored vehicles
Big, armored vehicles are the staple of the franchise, and Battlefield 4 features more of them than any other game in the series before. Each of the three factions feature one main battle tank and one main APCs / IFV. Each faction has one armored anti-air vehicle as well. Additionally, there are several unique vehicles that can be used by all factions, such as the mobile artillery.
- Tanks: M1 Abrams (US) / T-90 (RU) / Type 99 (CN)
- APCs: LAV-25 (US) / BTR-90 (RU) / ZBD-09 (CN)
- Anti-air: LAV-AD (US) / Tunguska (RU) / Type 95 AA
- Mobile artillery: M142 HIMARS
Jets and helicopters
Battlefield 4 brings back some of the popular jets and helicopters, and for the first time, it features a new class of fighter jets: stealth fighters. Each of the three factions has their own dedicated stealth jet and ground attack jet. For helicopters, each faction also has a main attack helicopter and transport helicopters.
- Stealth jets: F-22 Raptor (US) / SU-50 (RU) / J-20 (CN)
- Ground attack jets: A-10 Thunderbolt (US) / SU-25 (RU) / Q-5 Fantan (CN)
- Gunship: AC-130 Gunship (available via the Commander only)
- Attack helicopters: AH-1Z Viper (US) / MI-28 Havoc (RU) / WZ-10 (CN)
- Transport helicopters: UH-1Y Venom (US) / Z-9 (RU)
- Scout helicopters: AH-6J Little Bird (US) / Z-11 (CN)
Boats and transport vehicles
For the first time, Battlefield 4 features attack boats, as well as regular transport boats. The attack boats are not faction-specific, and are available only on maps with large water/sea areas, such as Paracel Storm. The game also includes various land transport vehicles, including brand new armored transport such as the American MRAP vehicle.
- Attack boats: DV-15 / RCB
- Transport boats: RHIB / PWC
- Armored transport vehicles: MRAP (US) / Â SMP-3 (RU) / ZFB-05 (CN)
- Light transport vehicles: Growler ITV (US) / VDV Buggy (RU) / Quad Bike
- Amphibious transport: AAV-7A1 AMTRAC (US)
Each of the vehicle groups has their own dedicated unlocks. The vehicle unlocks range from cosmetic (camos), to offensive weapons, to defensive countermeasures, and more, depending on the vehicle. Players earn unlocks for each vehicle group, rather than for each individual vehicle. For example, playing and earning points in any tank will result in unlocks available for all tanks.
Vehicles in DLC
DICE has confirmed that new vehicles will be a part of the upcoming DLC expansions. Five expansions have been confirmed so far, the first one being China Rising, followed by Second Assault. Both are expected to be released later this year.