Everything you need to know about Battlefield 4 weapons
Weapons are in many ways the most important part of the Battlefield series, and DICE has added more weapons and types of weapons in Battlefield 4 than in any other game in the series.
Assault rifles and carbines
Assault rifles and carbines are the “bread and butter” guns in the game, and the most widely used weapons. While assault rifles are limited to the assault class, the carbines can now be used by all classes. Assault rifles and carbines vary from guns designed for close range combat, to rifles with serious long range capabilities.
- Assault rifles: AK-12 / SCAR-H / CZ-805 /Â M16A4 / M416 / AEK-971 / AN-94 / F2000 / FAMAS / G3 / AUG A3 / SAR-21 / QBZ-95 / L85 / ACE 23
- Carbines: AK 5C / ACE 21 CQB / ACE 52 CQB / AKU-12 / ACW-R / A-91 / SG553 / M4 / G36C
Sniper and marksman rifles
Sniper rifles are split into two categories in Battlefield 4. There are dedicated sniper rifles — powerful, long range rifles — that are limited to the Recon class only. Then there are the designated marksman rifles, which can be used by all classes. These have less range and do less damage than regular sniper rifles, but are still better than assault rifles for long range combat.
- Sniper rifles: CS-LR4 / SRR-61 / JNG-90 / M82 / QBU-88 / Scout Elite / SV98 / M40A5 / L96 / M98B
- Designated marksman rifles: MK11 Mod 0 / M39 / SKS / SVD-12 / M417 / RFB / ACE 53 SV
Machine guns are limited only to the Support class. They offer great firepower and suppression of the enemy, especially when used with the bipod and mounted on a surface.
- Machine guns: Type 88 Â /U-100 / M60 / M249 / M240B / PKP Pecheneg / LSAT / MG4 / MK 48/ QBB-95 / RPK-12 / M27 IAR
SMGs and shotguns
SMGs in Battlefield 4 are now dedicated to the Engineer class, while shotguns can be used by any class in the game. Players can additionally unlock different shell types for the shotguns, giving them more flexibility on the battlefield.
- SMGs: MX4 / PP-2000 Â / UMP-45 / UMP-9 / PDW-R / JS2 / CBJ-MS / CZ-3A1 / AS-VAL / MP7 / P90 / M5K
- Shotguns: Hawk 12 / Shorty 12G / 870 MCS / SPAS-12 / QBS-09 / DBV-12 / UTS 15 / DAO-12 / USAS-12 / M1014
Pistols are the secondary weapon each player has, and Battlefield 4 offers the widest range of pistols than any other game in the series to date. Furthermore, there are pistol-specific unlocks, such as sights, scopes, silencers, flashlights, and more. All classes have access to all pistols in the game.
Rocket launchers and grenade launchers
Rocket launchers are limited to the Engineer class in Battlefield 4. However, some rocket launchers are classified as a Battle pickup weapons, which means it’s only available on the battlefield and can be picked up and used by any player.
- Rocket launchers: RPG-7 / SMAW / Javelin / AT4 / SRAW / MBT LAW
- Anti air launchers: Stinger / IGLA
- Grenade launchers: M320 / XM25 / M32 MGL
More Battlefield 4 weapons will be released with DLC. So far 5 expansions have been announced for the game, the first of which will be China Rising, scheduled for release later this year. Be sure to also check out the complete Battlefield 4 weapon list.
Stay tuned for tomorrow, where we’ll go over all the gadgets, attachments, and unlocks in the game!