New Nvidia drivers get up to 12% better Battlefield 4 performance

Nvidia has released new drivers that boost BF4 performance up to 12% in some cases.

Battlefield 4 nvidia driversAs promised, Nvidia has released brand new PC drivers just in time for Battlefield 4. According to Nvidia, the new drivers can boost performance in Battlefield 4 up to 12%, depending on what graphics card is used. The new drivers, 331.65 WHQL, are now available for download at Nvidia.

Nvidia has also lowered the price of some of their high end graphics cards. The GTX 780 gets a $150 price cut, and now costs $500, while the GTX 770 is cut down by $70 to $330. Also, both cards include a holiday game bundle: Assassin’s Creed IV, Batman: Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist. That’s quite a value for money, if you were interested in those games to begin with.

However, for a Battlefield 4 bundle, you’ll have to look at AMD — the company struck an exclusive $8 million deal with EA to bundle Battlefield 4 with its new graphics cards and hardware.

AMD has also released new drivers just in time for BF4. However, Battlefield 4 sees a performance increase of up to 5% only. You can find the AMD drivers here.

For more on PC graphics cards, check out our article Best graphics cards for Battlefield 4.

TAGS: ,

1. winningsince1337
    October 28th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

In case you were wondering why the AMD drivers only gave a 7% increase, it’s because the game is AMD optimized to begin with. Hence less optimization needed for the launch.

October 28th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Feel for the guy that just paid top dollar $650-$700 + for a 780 and a day later it drops $150…But worth every cent to me when I got mine back in August!

• Travis
      October 30th, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Ya I did the same thing, Its bullshit but you know its gonna happen eventually.

3. Fidius
    October 29th, 2013 at 8:51 am

Just downloaded the drivers …….i can’t believe the difference it’s made to minecraft ……

4. luis
    October 29th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

So u are putting a Nvidia on front page… and then put AMD drivers at the bottom? lol
    why dont u just make the same for AMD?

5. KarmalCorn
    October 30th, 2013 at 9:29 am

I don’t think bf4 is optimized for EVGA yet…because I have the EVGA geforce gtx 650 ti and the game is EXTREMELY laggy…and i have a quad core processor at 3.4 ghz

• dontmindme
      October 31st, 2013 at 10:37 am

I have the 660, and I had the same issue its really annoying, any clue on when they will have it optimized?

6. jbrand
    October 31st, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I just bought the HP Envy 800 desktop – Intel Core i7-4770K/ 2TB HDD/ 128GB SSD/ 12GB RAM/ GTX645 2GB. I bought it to play Battlefield 4 which it can’t do. I just update my video card drivers, and in the BF4 profile is said “not recommended” Technically my set up is better than my buddies tower and he can play on Ultra settings.

• DRR3105
      November 6th, 2013 at 7:29 am

whats your buddies PC spec?

also your GPU is REALLY letting your system down.

thats probably what is holding you back.

7. Chuckywhat
    November 1st, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Running on the GTX770 2GB. Was getting 60fps sometimes drop to 48/49 in very heavy particle scenes (dust clouds etc). Now getting 55-60fps steady (on ultra obviously)

8. Lalit Manekar
    November 13th, 2013 at 3:14 am

i7 – 3770 K , Asus MAX V EXTREME , Nvidia 650 ti OC 1Gb , Adata SSD 120 GB , Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 16 GB ..

Running Battlefield 4 On ULTRA 1920 x 1080 .. & getting 35 fps , … and on AUTO MODE it giving 49 fps .. 🙂

9. Lalit Manekar
    November 13th, 2013 at 3:17 am

i7 – 3770 K , Asus MAX V EXTREME , Nvidia 650 ti
    OC.1Gb , Adata SSD 120 GB , Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 16 GB ..

Running Battlefield 4 On ULTRA 1920 x 1080 .. getting 35 fps , … and on AUTO MODE it giving 49 fps .. 🙂