Obliteration mode now available in the Battlefield 4 beta

The new Obliteration mode is now available for all in the beta.

Battlefield 4 beta screenshot 7
Over the past 10 days or so, the Battlefield 4 beta has mostly been limited to the Conquest game mode for most players. Now DICE is rolling out the new Obliteration multiplayer game mode for all beta players on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. The new mode will be available (in addition to conquest) for the last 5 days of the beta.

In Obliteration, teams fight to search and destroy targets on the map. The bomb spawns randomly on the map, and the team must first pick up the bomb, then transport it to one of the enemy’s three targets, and destroy it. When the bomb detonates, it respawns again randomly on the map. The team that first destroys all three of the enemy’s targets wins. Obliteration is one of the two new game modes in Battlefield 4, the other being Defuse.

The Battlefield 4 beta will go on for another 6 days (until October 15) on all platforms. The game launches on October 29.

1. Collision
    October 9th, 2013 at 10:14 am

“Over the past 8* days or so”
    “for the last 6* days of the beta.”

2. mohammad
    October 9th, 2013 at 1:31 pm

they could release it from the beta start XD

October 9th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

And only half of people are able to play it fully because of all the glitches. Full version can’t come soon enough, I realize how much I miss hardcore mode after this beta!!!

• Johnny Neat
      October 9th, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I’m so with you. Next gen, PC or GTFO!

• CountMeOut
      October 9th, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I definitely won’t be spending $110 on some glitchy game (I’m one of the many that cannot play the Beta) or for EA to tell me I need another $2-$3,000 upgrade to play.
      I run an NVidia 560ti, the highest my motherboard can carry.

• GetBackIn
        October 10th, 2013 at 2:30 am

Cant be the card, I`m running on 560ti 2gb as well, and i can play the beta on high settings without fps drop. And, guessing you have pcie 2 slot on your mb, pcie 3 cards can be used on them. Only the ultra high end pcie 3 cards would maybe saturate the slot.

• DotAX
        October 10th, 2013 at 2:39 am

Well I have the opposite problem. I am running BF4 beta on gtx 770, but my cpu is 5 years old core 2 quad 9300. So i am getting 35 fps max on any settings. Nice bottleneck isn’t it. Just waiting for Christmas to buy i7 4770k.

• ViKrieg
          October 11th, 2013 at 12:25 am

Sadly, you are in the same position as my boyfriend too. He has a decent card, can max Battlefield 3 absolutely fine.
          But his CPU is really bottle necking his experience with the Battlefield 4 beta.
          Luckily he is getting a new CPU soon to correct that problem.

• ViKrieg
      October 11th, 2013 at 12:23 am

I actually can’t believe I am agreeing on something that the infamous “BL” has posted.
      But yes, I’ve been itching for the full retail release since the game was announced!
      And the beta only drives that notion more!

4. thisiscool
    October 9th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

i love obliteration for the PS3 good old hueys back and heavier than ever!

5. mike
    October 9th, 2013 at 11:04 pm

2-3 grand to play?

where do you pull that number outta your ass?

im playing on a $300 dollar pc, every damn year prices drop on videocards, and they get better every “refresh”

that 280x sounds like a good deal and in a year itll drop $100,sure it costs the same as the 7970 ghz but your comparing a card that came out 2 years ago, 2 years go it came out at $500, a 7850 was 250 and a 7870 was 350

prices drop like donkey balls on videocards, you dont have to be a sucka

• Fair Enough
      October 10th, 2013 at 11:05 am

The 2-3 grand figure is hyperbole for the guys who sink $1K plus on trying to get a ‘super computer’.

The truth is, you could easily pay about $500-$600 (Pre-Tax) for a decent rig and be able to play on Medium Settings. You may not be able to get ‘Ultra High’, but honestly,

*Who can really tell the difference between Medium and Ultra High Graphics?*

• ViKrieg
        October 11th, 2013 at 12:31 am

You can easily tell the difference on higher settings compared to lower settings.
        But how much this makes one cares, is another question.
        I love my eye candy as much as the next guy, but I am not adverse to turning settings down in order to have a more stable playing environment.

And yes, a lot of the myths surrounding PC gaming, is that you HAVE to have super high end, NASA computational beast to run newer PC games.
        Of course, you just pointed out why that is completely blown out of proportions.
        It’s so sad to see so many ignorant opinions tossed around as if they are facts.

6. Gabe Newell
    October 10th, 2013 at 7:22 am

CS: GO is still better

• ViKrieg
      October 11th, 2013 at 12:33 am

Because obviously, opinions are absolute fact, right?
      I’ll spell it our for you: W-R-O-N-G!
      If you like Counter Strike: Global Offensive, than good for you!
      But some people, believe it or not, actually don’t like the game either!
      Lets not get an immature flame war started on what game is better, when the truth is.
      None is better than the other.

• Boomer
        October 12th, 2013 at 1:24 am

Battlefield is the best FPS franchise of all time.

• Jester
        October 12th, 2013 at 1:27 am

Battlefield owns every other shooter in the industry. CS:GO is somewhere between BF and CoD.