PSA: Battlefield 4 beta stats do not carry over to full game

Despite previous reports, the beta stats, unlocks, awards, etc. will reset for the final game.

Battlefield 4 beta stats
There has been some confusion regarding the current beta and its stats and progress. EA wrongly informed gamers that the stats, unlocks and progression would carry over into the full retail game, but that isn’t the case. All of the Battlefield 4 stats, unlocks, awards, etc. from the beta will be reset for the full game.

The beta ends on October 15th, after being online for two weeks. The unlocks, awards, and other features have been limited in the beta, as the main focus is on gameplay and stability.

Last month, EA announced that unlocks and awards earned in the beta would carry over into the retail game, but they’ve since backtracked on this. When the game releases on October 29, all players will start at bottom on equal grounds, regardless of their beta participation.

1. RisRis
    October 13th, 2013 at 12:03 pm

It was good

2. Boris
    October 13th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Lame i found beta a bit boring but played anyway to level up for the full game.
    Raaaaage!!!!!!

3. N-Shifter
    October 13th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Good, that’s the way it should be.

4. N-Shifter
    October 13th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Good, that’s exactly how it should be and exactly how it was in BF3 as well.

• cdotcizzle
      October 13th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I agree, this is exactly how it should be. To be honest I was only going to carry over if I could unlock certain weapons which I cant so no big deal.

• cdotcizzle
      October 13th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I agree, this is exactly how it should have been from the beginning. To be honest I was only going to carry over if I could manage to unlock a certain few weapons, but I can’t so I don’t mind one bit.

5. joe
    October 13th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Why would it. It’s a Beta “test” everyone playing it thinks its a demo and only 5-10% of the players will actually give feedback.

October 13th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

This is why ive stopped playing a few days ago…whats the point now? Will wait for when it counts a couple more weeks…

• ViKrieg
      October 14th, 2013 at 5:07 am

Absolutely agree with you, I did the exact thing a few days ago too.
      Stopped seriously playing the beta, since it makes waiting for the full release all that much sweeter.

• alex
      October 14th, 2013 at 5:58 am

The point is to test it out, not just for your own sake but for DiCE so that they can better optimize / tweak the game before release. It’s for the better of everyone.

7. Cowkill
    October 13th, 2013 at 2:15 pm

We all know knew this would happen.

8. Anonymous
    October 13th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Obviously they wouldn’t carry over, they didn’t in battlefield 3 beta so why would they now?

9. scottie
    October 13th, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Glad. Couldn’t tell you many deaths I received by lag and glitches.

10. Ricken
    October 13th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Yeah..plant false info, sell more exclusive beta.. then take it back. Classic EA.

• The Guy
      October 13th, 2013 at 10:50 pm

“sell more exclusive beta”? What? The beta was free…

• schwuler
        October 13th, 2013 at 11:38 pm

The exclusive beta is not free. You need to be eligible by buying one of the ways into it. Like BF3 premium.

• Ricken
        October 14th, 2013 at 2:17 am

I meant compel people to purchase china rising for (exclusive) beta early access. If the info was true, would be compeling. Info that by the way I have read in this blog (about stats being kept).

That’s the point.

• Johnny Neat
        October 14th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Selling doesn’t always mean a money transfer. It got people to commit to the beta and spend time on a beta that pretty much stinks all around.

• Johnny Neat
      October 14th, 2013 at 9:19 am

So true and funny it hurts. I hope people didn’t actually believe that. I know owners of Medal of Honor didn’t fall for it.

11. N-Shifter
    October 13th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Let’s be honest here, the beta only goes to rank 10; so if like me you got to rank 10 and kept playing then how could it carry over? The unlocks you got for the beta won’t be the same for the final game so how could it carry over, why are people bitching that it doesn’t carry over? Why would you even want it to carry over?

It’s madness, MADNESS I TELL THEE!!!

• Assist Counts as Kill 78???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      October 13th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Hey,

I’m about 95K away from unlocking the Level 10 Gold Battlepack, is it any good?

12. old fart
    October 13th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I think many of you are missing the point here, its not what YOU prefer its not about what YOU think is right , its about a mega millions company flat out LYING to all of us. to say its ok, its how it should be is not the response we should have, as again its not about what YOU want. its about them LYING, as stated earlier the pushed pre orders for digital deluxe of bf4 preorder and other means to get early access to the beta , afterall ALL your stats will carry over to the retail game, many many of us , including myself, think sweet, a bit of a lead in rank in return for helping EA test their new BF game. its actually not much to be giving but at least it was something, and now the beta is about over its thrown out NO stats WILL NOT carry over, that is total Bullshit, you folks should be mad that mega millions company has used you, as you no damn well this “take it all back no stats count” was not just determined today , they planned it all along, all to get more players testing their product.
    bottom line is not about mine or your stats and what WE want its about them knowingly using deceptive practices to get more testing done for them. and if everyone is being honest with his/her self , you know damn well they had more players testing the beta because of their lies.

• Ricken
      October 14th, 2013 at 2:22 am

Oh brother, Im glad someone got it right.

The point was the manipulation. Classic EA then again.

Cheers.

13. Drew J
    October 13th, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Does anyone know if emblems will be reset or not? Thanks

• d
      October 14th, 2013 at 2:41 am

yes, they will be reset too.

• Little Joe
        October 14th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

That sucks I worked so damn hard on my emblem

14. Old Fart 2
    October 14th, 2013 at 12:12 am

I’m with old fart. Even though i was 99% certain this was going to happen its still bullsh*t. I’m frankly tired of companies catering to the whining of casual players. The other issue is the flat assed bull face lying. Honestly we should expect it from EA, but thats neither here nor there.

And to the moron who said beta was free, it wasnt free, you either had to be a premium member from bf3, which isnt free, or preorder the game, which also isnt free.

• Magma
      October 17th, 2013 at 12:15 am

It’s free because they let people play after the 3 day exclusive. i don’t know what world you live in but my friends were able to play after 3 days.

15. danbel
    October 14th, 2013 at 2:09 am

Ridiculous

16. ViKrieg
    October 14th, 2013 at 5:11 am

I’m wondering if this was partly due to the hackig surge, and or afraid of stat boosters running amok in the beta transfering over to the full release with their artificially inflated stats?
    Either way, I don’t mind it.
    I find it so much more rewarding earning unlocks and ranks as I play.
    I wouldn’t transfer my stats even if the option to do so was still around.

17. NoCOD
    October 14th, 2013 at 7:56 am

Wow thats how i would fell too.

18. Captain Awesome
    October 14th, 2013 at 11:15 am

So old fart is so butt hurt with his stats are going to be zeroised, his going to pirate the game. I hope he’s tracked down Origin locks his account and permanently bans him from the game.

19. N-Shifter
    October 14th, 2013 at 11:17 am

So they made a mistake in a statement, who gives a rat’s ass? Seriously, they LET YOU TEST THEIR GAME, they don’t owe you anything.
    All I wanted was to test the game, why would any of you want your stats from an unfinished version of a game to carry over? The unlocks and progression in the beta are going to be totally different to the unlocks and progression in the final game so how could it carry over?

Use your brains and actually think about it instead of whining like little girls in a playground, god is everyone a child on the internet these days? I remember when the Battlefield community used to be adults.

• Magma
      October 17th, 2013 at 12:17 am

Thank you!

20. Martin
    October 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Will there be Battlepacks in the full game?

• Little Joe
      October 14th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Yes there will be

21. N-Shifter
    October 14th, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Mate, I’m 34 lol I spend my money on whatever the hell I like, sounds to me like you’re the one using someone else’s credit card.

22. Captain Awesome
    October 15th, 2013 at 12:52 am

Laddie I’m 56, and was a gamer when you were in diapers.

Your grammar is indicative of a whiny spoiled little kid who can’t canstruct a proper sentence, and who continues to be butt hurt, and is throwing a tantrum.

Maybe when you leave 5th grade you’ll be able to converse with adults better.

You think a company as big as EA can’t lock this game down from pirates if they want to.

23. Captain Awesome
    October 15th, 2013 at 3:52 am

Well that didn’t last long, it looks like my last comment was censored.

24. Crack rock
    October 15th, 2013 at 9:58 am

False Advertisement like every other companies product, nothing new.

25. Snow
    October 15th, 2013 at 10:44 am

I’ve only read the first 3 paragraphs of that comment (and your prev comments), and I must say I’m not encouraged to read any further. Let’s throw 9 random facts out there that will possibly leave you amazed.

1) the beta was free (if you don’t count in the 3-4 days headstart of the ‘exclusive’ betatesters). It was meant for dice to be able to test the game. It was not meant for you to get a headstart in experience and weapons, and if that’s what you thought it was then that does say something about your attitude/maturity. (and that’s coming from an 18-year old that barely knows anything about maturity)

2) this 18 year old buys his games with his own money. that he earned. And he doesn’t mind spending it on the games he likes, because it’s only normal you pay people for working on things that are meant to entertain you.

3) the fact that EA was nominated ‘worst company’ once again has several reasons, none of which have any relation whatsoever to you not being able to carry your stats over. Using this occasion to sh*t on the company once more almost feels pathethic: EA has, in this case, done absolutely NOTHING wrong. Comments like yours only lead younger, uneducated people to sharing an opinion that they don’t know the (ridiculous) roots of, just because it seems reasonable at first sight and with no further knowledge of the case.

4) Stating you will pirate the game because of your own ignorance doesn’t really help to improve your image.

5) Yes, they are asking twice the money for what can be considered a single game. This can be considered an issue and is a great subject for a future debate, but has nothing to do with the ‘issue’ you were actually talking about.

6) I’m not defending EA. I’m defending people that know less about this whole case than you and me from an opinion that doesn’t make any sense. Not everyone is willing to commit time to fully understand what’s going on, and such people may read your comment and find it an agreeable opinion. I don’t want that to happen. Dice NEVER stated that your beta stats would be hovered over to the full game. Even if they did (and in that case, please reply with a corresponding link), do you think not having your beta stats in the full game is enough reason to pirate the game? Or even just hate on the company behind it?

7) If you’re willing to just download a new cracked version every time you get kicked or whatever, that would imply you don’t care too much about keeping your stats. Kind of contradictory.

8) I have a friend who thinks just like you. He’s an agreeable fellow, but completely unreasonable when a conversation comes to EA.

9) Closing fact: EA did not make any more money by not carrying over stats than they would have if it WAS possible. The only benefit they got from it was that some consumers got angry, which, according to you, is what they’re after, and thus beneficial.

I love dice, I love battlefield and I loved the beta. My opinion on EA as a developer is neutral. Yes, they sometimes make doubtful decisions. No, that doesn’t differ them from every other company in the world. Inform yourself about EA. And please don’t only look after the most popular opinion, instead try to look for opinions that are well-constructed, and based on ACTUAL information (just in case you wouldn’t know: ‘hatred’ is not a reliable source of information)

Bye