Battlefield 4 experiencing DDoS attacks on PC servers

The game is currently experiencing DDoS attacks on PC game servers and infrastructure.

Battlefield 4 DDOS

If crashes and freezes weren’t enough for Battlefield 4 at the moment, developer DICE has confirmed that the game is experiencing DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks on its PC game servers.

DICE revealed via the official forums that the PC server infrastructure is under a DDoS attack, which causes random server crashes and interruptions. The crashes seem to appear random and peaked yesterday.

The attacks seem to affect not just game servers but some Battlelog features such as players stats, where stats are saved/recorded after rounds.

Yesterday we heard reports of Battlefield 4 crashing on the PlayStation 4, which appears more widespread that we originally thought — more reports are appearing on the official forums, and we’ve yet to hear on DICE on that particular issue.

Last week, DICE released the first Battlefield 4 patch to PC gamers, and reports so far are mixed. Some players are reporting that nothing changed, some say it’s gotten better, others say it’s gotten worse. What most tend to agree with though, is that performance seems to be improved, with increased FPS.

DICE has confirmed that they’re working to resolve the DDoS issue, in addition to working on a new server update which should go live next week.

1. kevin
    November 17th, 2013 at 9:55 am

first on the post i coud not play yesterday but now it is fine

• WOOT FTW
      November 17th, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Good job on being first. I mean well done to you! Keep up the good work. 🙂

• Timmy
      November 19th, 2013 at 6:17 am

Well stroke my ep33n I’m first! Oh wait….

2. jakeTboss
    November 17th, 2013 at 10:18 am

Is this going to be sim city all over again.

3. LMAO
    November 17th, 2013 at 10:23 am

Revenge of the Nerds…

• Timmy
      November 19th, 2013 at 6:20 am

If I had access to bandwidth at the moment I’d love to DDoS BF4. If it’s crashing for me every 5-15 minutes noone can play RRRROWWWRRRRR! meow.

4. inside
    November 17th, 2013 at 10:58 am

is a fake, the game is totally broke so DICE now says is an attack to save it ass

5. joe a
    November 17th, 2013 at 11:20 am

Multiplayer on he ps4 has only one server working and its allways full. So i played the campaign got pretty far took a breake and then all of a sudden it crashed on me said there was a error reported it to sony. So when i go back to resume my campaign , it was gone completely deleted and i lost everything and had to start all over again. This process has happened to me 3t

6. joe a
    November 17th, 2013 at 11:21 am

This process has happened to me 3 times already. Please fix this . This is my favroite game and i didnt play the ps3 version and held out till i got my ps4 .

7. Mark UK
    November 17th, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I have bought all the BF series from the beginning. My multiplayer was working fine b4 the latest patch then BOOM, it keeps crashing ever since the patch. If they don’t sort it soon it will be the last BF game I will buy. What a joke! The beta should have sorted all these problems surely.
    Perhaps the same idiots who created the site for Obama care had something to do with this lol.

• Timmy
      November 19th, 2013 at 6:21 am

Same. EA games aren’t exactly peerless so just boycott them from now on.

8. Fidius
    November 18th, 2013 at 6:34 am

I’m managing to play loads of games in a row with no crashes apart from crappy net code and loss of sound …..all is cool ……

9. AJSB
    November 19th, 2013 at 10:34 am

There is a reason why i decided long ago, since BFBC2, NEVER again buy a EA/DICE game…now you know why.