Battlefield 4 crashing on PlayStation 4 too

Numerous players are reporting the PS4 version o the game crashing with the CE-34878-0 error code.

Battlefield 4 PS4PlayStation 4 owners are currently experiencing what PC gamers have been stuck with for over two weeks: Battlefield 4 crashes. According to several reports (and a ton of posts on the official forums), the PS4 version of Battlefield 4 is plagued by the same crashing issues as the PC version.

According to numerous reports, Battlefield 4 crashes on the PlayStation 4 just moments after a game starts, both in single and multiplayer.

As reported by PS4Daily, the game crashes to the home screen moments after start, with the error “CE-34878-0″. Yesterday, EA reported that Sony’s latest PS4 firmware actually resulted in some issues with games, but Sony has yet to comment on this.

It seems that EA is trying to pass blame to Sony, claiming this is a PS4 firmware issue. Under normal circumstances, we would have believed that, but taking into account how EA rushed Battlefield 4 to the market, we’re inclined to believe this is an issue with the game itself.

Battlefield 4 is facing similar crash issues on the PC (and to some extent, current gen systems). The recent PC patch doesn’t seem to have alleviated the crash problems, but did result in overall performance improvements. Check out the full patch notes here.

Hopefully EA and DICE have a quick fix in plans for PS4 users. Sony isn’t completely without fault, too, as we’ve heard reports of broken and bricked PS4 consoles and some firmware issues.

The PS4 launched yesterday in North America, and so far the launch has been successful with few hiccups. Did you get a PlayStation 4? Do you plan on getting BF4 on the console? Let us know your thoughts about next gen in the comments section.

Battlefield 4 PS4 crash

1. felipe
    November 16th, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Lawl, this game….

• eddi
      November 16th, 2013 at 9:14 pm

I play on xbox and it also crashes on me, im having trouble with saving corruption and every 3 games or so, it will freeze while entering the game! Please fix the problem, for now ill just be playing cod ghost until!

• Tony
      November 19th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Ps4? Rushed? Good one. Xbox fan boys i swear lmao

• M.
      November 19th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Actually, the PS4 has really nice graphics and smooth play. It would be even better if my internet wasn’t shitty, but I still play COD Ghosts smoothly. BF4 is more the problem. I love BF4, but they need to fix the errors. I hate not being able to play conquest and having commander mode crash every time I try to use it. Its happening to a lot of people so I assume its not the PS4. Other games have been amazing though :)

• rahemma smith
      November 23rd, 2013 at 7:41 am

You dummie, ps4 was not rushed fool!!! You xbox fools are just plain stupid!!

• ronald
      November 23rd, 2013 at 6:44 pm

@ lol

• Efrain
      November 25th, 2013 at 8:40 am

Surely you must know that the PS4 has 5 years in development and XBOX ONE only 4 get ur stuff straight son.

• Troy
      November 29th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Oh wait, you mean Xbox is having trouble with it too? Who would of thouht?

2. antoniuscaliber
    November 16th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I purchased a ps4 at launch and have had multiple crashes with bf4, also premium failed to doqnload correctly, my health wont regen in single player, my save data is continuously being corrupted, and theres only a single hardcore server open and its difuse… other than that the game is remarkable, im glad just to have it and cant wait for the next set of patches

3. DotAX
    November 16th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I want a “Crash” dog tag, for the number of game crashes

• Storm Exon
      November 17th, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Hahaha no shit. My campaign wont go past the second mission either

• LeaveItToBeaver
      November 23rd, 2013 at 11:32 am

Hahaha, WOW! I couldnt of said it better, I am not off to spam the shit out of their fb wall! Thanks DUUUUDE

4. somedude
    November 16th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

After playing two rounds of SP with breaks in between I went to finish off the SP…..no resume option only new game. The save file is corrupt from what I have read. While playing SP the game runs great.

In MP quick launch of Conquest games are a no go. Small MP games like 20 slot servers seem to work fine, I can play as long as I want. Larger 32+ Rush games very. I can get 2-4 rounds out of the game but eventually it will start to lag really, really bad and them dump you out.

Hopefully the will get it fixed. I was on the fence about moving from PC gaming to PS4. The graphics are great or for me on a 24inch LCD at 1080p they rock. No more screwing with a Windows PC just to play games.

I have read of PS4 issues but mine has been on pretty much for the last 26 hours with out any issues at all. Killzone looks amazing but the MP is mehhh.

• terry
      November 19th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Yep same here about Killzone on PS4. Great looking game but the MP is mediocre at best. Hopefully, they will fix the BF4 SP and MP asap. I’m seeing this crash on every mode. Don’t know if the BF4 premium I downloaded is corrupted or not. Sadly, I’m expecting the same bugs on XBOX ONE as well since the game engine itself is buggy as hell on all platforms where this game has been released and DICE doesn’t seem to understand QA so well.

• kyle smith
        November 20th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

When i redeemed my code for bf4 premium, it did not work. it gave me and error code. i know i am not alone now thank you

• rahemma smith
        November 23rd, 2013 at 7:58 am

Ps4 is really nice homie. All of the games and online stuff is not out yet, so what you seen on how they promoted it is exactly how its going to be. Now I do believe xbox windows setup is better then ps4!!

November 16th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

only a handful of crashes for me on PC since release. Overall love the game. Playing at 900p on PS4 isnt what I call next gen…

• antoniuscaliber
      November 16th, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Go back to your cave, troll, nobody cares about PC master race blah, blah, blah…. everybody has a preference, and console gamers prefer to take the cheaper route because we care more about the gameplay and story than we do about the graphics… if graphics get you off great… nobody gives a damn

• bl
        November 16th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Yawn you are boring. Don’t call something next gen when its not. Its all about the graphics then gameplay. Scrubs and teenagers buy consoles or should say their parents do lol. Get real! PC FTW!

• No Little Trolls
          November 17th, 2013 at 4:01 am

BL = buttloader?

• Shawn
          November 17th, 2013 at 5:40 am

Too bad consoles get exclusive games that PC’s never will. Also too bad PC’s get the ports of console games. Also too bad you have to spend roughly 2-3x as much for something that’s going to be outdated in 2 months. Also too bad you find it necessary to brag about something no one really cares about, to justify the ridiculous amount of money you probably spent, and to make yourself seem “cool” because you have no real life friends. lol

• FRAG INSTEIN (PS3)
          November 17th, 2013 at 5:41 am

Consoles are the same thing as a PC you idiot! If you knew anything about electronics you would know that. Scrubs and teenagers? Love that PC fanboys always say this shit about consoles like its some documented fact. A game is a game no matter where you play it. I play PC and ps3/ps4. You talk about scrubs and teenagers. You sound a lot like a teenager yourself with a comment like that. And if your not then you really are pathetic! I don’t know a single person who can or will ever say they played a game because the graphics are awesome. Man you are stupid. Gameplay is why everyone plays!

• michael solomon
          November 17th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

your most likely right the ps4 isn’t next gen! more like halfway next gen, especially seen as the jumps from ps1 to 2 and 3 were bigger or maybe it seemed that way i dont know i’m no expert but after reading ps4 stats a couple of month back i was disappointed and thought sony were cashing in on “next gen!” not even the internet browser seems updated no vlc media player but that aside as a high performance gaming console i’m guessing ps4 is running at 50 to 60% of optimal high end gaming pc’s! next gen should have been 75, 80% and priced at “per console” 500 pounds at a loss, for sure it’s known with ps2 ps3 maybe ps1 sony made a loss of i dont know upto 100 dollars or more per console making that back on games software. it might sound like a greedy jump but still it feels like sony are cashing in.

• 503player
          November 19th, 2013 at 9:08 pm

If you knew anything about consoles then you would know that the ps4 is just as strong as any pc right now and can play any pc game you got out for a 3rd of the cost of a ps4 so go right a head and spend $1000 to game ill stick to my ps4 and have more games to play than you with the same graphics for way.cheaper

• Johnny Z.
      November 17th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

sounds like you have a shitty tv cause everyone I know is not bitching like a girl about this. P.s. why would someone pay over a grand just to get slightly better graphics? LOL don’t get me wrong pc is better! but like I said, not for the price.

• Alex W.
        November 18th, 2013 at 8:47 pm

You can pay 500$ and still get better performance and graphics on a pc.

6. NOREFUGEE
    November 16th, 2013 at 3:23 pm

FIX for crashing Battlefield 4 on PS4: hit your PS button go to settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in Online Storage > Download to System Storage > Battlefield 4 > Select All > Download. This should fix any crashing issues

• Cory
      November 16th, 2013 at 5:21 pm

has anyone tried this? Did it work?

• antoniuscaliber
        November 16th, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Dito does anybody know if this is legit? And will it move my singleplayer data to the cloud as well?

• Boraxed
          November 16th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Snake oil. Doesn’t work.

• steen311
        November 16th, 2013 at 8:02 pm

yes it works just did it

• fuckmz
        November 16th, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Nope. Just tried it

• Shawn
          November 17th, 2013 at 5:42 am

Soooooooo the official prognosis is that it doesn’t work, yeah?

• mrfoo
            November 17th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

It works to get your single player save game back. Doesn’t help with the crashing error issue. I’ve found I have to reinstall the entire game to get it working. Then by the next day errors again. Great work EA! I thought the sin city launch was bad…This is inexcusable.

• Sean
            November 17th, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Its a temporary fix the problem happens again. EA better fix this….. if they don’t
            i’m trading in this for something else.

7. Justin
    November 16th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

The problem that I’ve had is when I try to join a game it says error when trying to connect to a server. Then when I do get into a server it says error lost connection to session. I also can’t find any of the games in the browser. I can quick join a match with a small number of players such as team death match.

• Shawn
      November 17th, 2013 at 5:43 am

That’s something prevalent for everyone on PS4. Larger games are unavailable at the moment, it may be the same reason for the crashes. EA need to fix this stuff

8. Todd Oswalt
    November 16th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I am a big PS fan but I have to say that I am very disappointed in this PS4 console. Crashing problems with games and it is not what it was promoted to be. I see this as an over rated lightly enhanced PS3. I should have saved my money. Sony you may have lost a lifetime customer. Not that you would care. If I were anyone looking to buy a PS4, I would not encourage it. Right now, I would tell you that you are crazy. I really can not vent here the way that I truly feel about this console….so I will let you read between the lines.

• Funky Monk
      November 16th, 2013 at 7:04 pm

“Lightly enhanced PS3″? You’re an absolute fool if you honestly think that. The system is incredible and I have had nothing but an amazing experience since picking it up yesterday.

If thats the type of consumer you are then go ahead and ditch the brand. You’ll be doing the rest of the PS fan-base a favour.

• bl
        November 16th, 2013 at 7:52 pm

BF4 at 900p isnt next gen.

• Terry
          November 17th, 2013 at 2:00 am

Who the hell cares what counts as next gen or not. We got consoles that are way more powerful than the last. That fact alone is exciting.
          Ok so there isn’t that big of a leap right now. Fair enough. That happens at every launch. So please shut up. If you want to stick with PC that’s why. But I’m staying with my PC and Consoles so I can play with my friend and other games that are not available to the PC.

• Tony
          November 19th, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Cod ghosts 720p on Xbox one ISNT NEXT GEN

• 503player
            November 19th, 2013 at 9:13 pm

That’s because they use ddr4 instead of 5 like ps3, xbox one is a joke it has problems running games 60fps like cod ghost on xbox one is upscaled from 720 to 1080p because it has issues with its drivers while ps4 is running full 1080p with ease. Fk an xbox one

• ronald
          November 23rd, 2013 at 5:32 pm

yet xbone runs games at 720p and your not griping about that… go figure

• Boraxed
      November 16th, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Its not the PS4 that is the problem. It is EA/DICE. Every other game works fine. COD:Ghosts was having the same problem and they patched it up this morning and now their game works fine.

• michael solomon
        November 17th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

uuuuuw looks like cod team kicked ea and dice in the nuts but still who would want to play a piece of shit like cod! i’ll check it on ps3 hd youtube to be sure but dont worry i’m already sure it’s shit lol, there’s an issue with watching bf4 ps4 videos on ps3 hd youtube!!! last night as soon as the gameplay starts the video cant handle it and freezes.

• rahemma smith
      November 23rd, 2013 at 7:51 am

• martin
      December 8th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Are you seriouse? When ps3 first came out there wasnt that much difference from ps3 slightly better graphics. Same as ps3 to ps4 its a great console and def worthy of being called next gen. What were you expecting its does everything it said it would. If you wanted something that would read your thoughts and do what you think maybe you should wait 50 years. The graphics are better than ps3 the full potential wont be seen for at least a year or so exactly the same as with ps3.

9. progrmr
    November 16th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

It’s crashing on my PS4 as well – I have fixed it twice by doing the following:

1. Delete the corrupt save file
    2. Delete BF4
    3. Turn PS4 off/back on
    4. Enter the disc into PS4
    5. Start BF4 – update will start downloading in the background
    6. Exit BF4, close the application
    7. Wait for 607MB update to download and install
    8. AFter update is installed, restart BF4
    9. DON’T PLAY THE GAME UNTIL THE FULL GAME IS INSTALLED 100%!
    10. Once the game is 100%, you should be able to start the game and play.

However it will crash again – if the saved is corrupt (System -> Application Data -> Delete -> Battlefield 4) you’re pretty much screwed. Even deleting the file and re-starting doesn’t fix it.

I’m NOT doing the above procedure again – it takes way too long, I’ll just play CoD or Killzone until they fix it. Hard to believe deleting the file and rebooting doesn’t fix it, but it don’t!

• Shawn
      November 17th, 2013 at 5:45 am

Soooo… You gave a detailed description on how to fix it, but it turns out your way doesn’t actually fix it?… haha

10. Mike
    November 16th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I picked up my PS4 during a mindnight launch party. Went home and popped BF4 in to play it because I was excited.

As soon as it loaded that error message popped up and deleted my game. After redownloading it It popped up again. After 4, yes, 4 damn times of redownloading, I played 6 hours of SP without a problem. I went to the bathroom and came back to the PS home screen. When I tried to reload my game, it said it was corrupt and was deleted. Then I received the error message 17 more times.

I know DICE would never put a game this unfinished onto market. It’s EA who pushed the game just so they could beat out CoD (Which ended up being shit) And now EA wants to blame Sony for the problems… Theres a reason EA is the worst company in America…

11. Shannon Hallman
    November 16th, 2013 at 4:52 pm

it’s caused by the update 1.50, restore to the factory settings until the new update.

• somedude
      November 17th, 2013 at 7:03 am

Bull shit. You can play online with out that patch. COD and Killzone run like a champ.

Its the game, its EA, its NOT Sony. PSN is stupid busy and that is a Sony problem but that is already normalizing after the crush of Friday.

To the person that said the PS4 is not an upgrade to the PS3….your simply high or you don’t own a PS4. Play BF3 on the PS3, then play BF4 on the PS4. Night and day difference. Not only are the graphics 10x better but the FPS is double. Everything about the PS4 is faster than the PS3. The UI is faster, Playstation store runs super smooth vs chugging on the PS3.

Anyone that had a PS3 from day one remembers its bumpy road in the beginning. It got better with each firmware. The PS4 is new now and from the start it is better than the PS3 start. It will only get better.

I will say this. This is the very last time I get a Battlefield game on launch. I will wait 60 days until its patched. This applies to any platform. EA is a horrible company.

• rahemma smith
        November 23rd, 2013 at 7:55 am

KZ and COD plays very well. People think its ps4 believe me its NOT.

• martin
        December 8th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Ps4 is a next gen console reading what people wrote on here makes me laugh so much, to get a pc that could run as smoothly with 64 players with these graphics for pc ur talking a minimum of 2k. It took at least 2-3 years before the games utilised the full potential of the ps3. Ps4 is lightyears ahead of xbox one and pc. For starters xbox one isnt even full hd graphics. If your a real gamer ps4 wins hands down. Lil boys that dont know their toys or put them down because they havnt got one and cant afford one is a little pathetic. Dont get me wrong the crashing problem is annoying especially when you have a great game and it kicks you out just before your team wins. But if you remeber gta3 didnt exactly work great untill about a month after it was released and people still have problems with it.

12. Y U Crash!!!!
    November 16th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I got pretty far about halfway in single player then all it saus now is start new game!!!!!!!!!!! But thats the only problem iv had on ps3

13. William Logan
    November 16th, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I’m a ps4 owner and I like it but I’m experiencing the same problem with battlefield what helps for me disconnect your internetvwait a few hook it back it and try again

14. Phylo
    November 16th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Every other game I play on multilayer loses connection to server. Single player data got corrupted and deleted after I was half way thru the f’n campaign. This SUCKS!!! Wasted $60. Now I have to buy another game

15. wtf
    November 16th, 2013 at 6:49 pm

same issue here..happened after 4 hours of playing.
    please fix this issue!

16. levi hoffman
    November 16th, 2013 at 9:52 pm

EA server is such dog poop…Always had issues from old battlefields and Medal of honors to even the next gen console ps4 …they need to get their shit together or hang it up!!! I can live without multiplayer for a bit, but the fact that the game is completely unplayable is absolutely ludacris.

• rahemma smith
      November 23rd, 2013 at 7:56 am

Amen to that!

17. Vidjumper
    November 16th, 2013 at 11:19 pm

The saved data file is corrupt. Copy the saved data file from the cloud and overwrite the one on the PS4. Seems to fix the issue with the error code. Now its just the usual connection problems…

18. Frank Alvarez
    November 17th, 2013 at 12:55 am

I bought this game friday and since then I have not been able to play on PS4.
    This is the only game with this problem, all my others work fine.
    This sucks. :-(
    Hope they fix it fast.
    “Blame it on EA”

19. this sucks
    November 17th, 2013 at 1:10 am

i had the crating issue so after awhile i took the game out and then put it back in and the system said the disc was unrecognized. So i took it out again and it was all scratch up, all my other games work great though.

• somedude
      November 17th, 2013 at 7:05 am

Hard to believe a blue ray disc would scratch like that. One of the big advantages of the PS3 over the 360 was blue ray discs which are 10x harder to scratch.

20. this sucks
    November 17th, 2013 at 1:12 am

crashing issue not crating

21. Vitalblast
    November 17th, 2013 at 1:15 am

MP is useless for now.

I have been creeping through campaign, multiple corrupts
    but I have a system, so I only loose the last mission.

-After every mission, “Close the application”
    -Settings/Gamedata/upload/usb > Upload BF4 game save to usb device
    -Swap Game saves on another USB every second save

If you crash, close “the Ap”
    Go to Settings/Gamedata/download/? and download the latest file from cloud, or USB

Note: cloud sometimes auto saves, and may save the corrupt version when you end a game.

22. cdough
    November 17th, 2013 at 1:56 am

I noticed my game worked fine until I downloaded the expansion pack. I mean hours of play not one issue. Installed the China rising thing…..and now it won’t work . Maybe the expiation is effed up

• Mitchell hall
      November 17th, 2013 at 7:30 am

that is what happened to me too.

• Moosen Sinclair
        December 6th, 2013 at 8:43 pm

SAME THING HERE!!!!

Is there a way to remove China Rising and install it again later?

23. Ian
    November 17th, 2013 at 2:06 am

Halfway through sp on bf4 crashes, saved game corrupted. Now I have to start all over again

• Mitchell hall
      November 17th, 2013 at 7:28 am

I know I woke up and tried to play and it says I have corrupted files and wont let me do anything with the game thank god killzone works or id have nothing to do.

24. Sturge
    November 17th, 2013 at 2:20 am

My BF on PS4 has had three round of corrupted data, but it is also spitting the disc out when it crashes, not just going to home screen. Anyone else in this boat? Is it my hardware, or a common BF problem?

• Krazy
      November 17th, 2013 at 6:48 pm

i have not had that problem . just the save game being corrupted or lost. the quick server matches have worked fine. i have not tried to browse the servers. i just hope for a quick fix ( that actually works) real soon!

25. Coltyn
    November 17th, 2013 at 2:45 am

Did the same thing to my game, half way through the SP campaign and I got the error along with losing all my saved data. Now I cant even boot the game properly, it just goes to the mainscreen and tells me there has been an error (CE 34878)

26. mohammad
    November 17th, 2013 at 3:48 am

& xbox one will have the same issue for sure thank you ea for screwing this again…..

27. Eddie
    November 17th, 2013 at 5:50 am

I bought 2 ps4 and 2 battlefield 4 for my son and I and very disappointed thinking about returning everything in my local walmart and gamestop unless we the fans get something out of this how about a real game sony. Not like all those cheesy games that made me so depressed to the point I wanted to play a wii. And dc universe is a joke the graphics are the same as ps3 so so sad.

28. Tanner
    November 17th, 2013 at 5:55 am

Is anyone having the problem where the find a match, and join a session but all it does is just say the name of the map, game mode, and has the picture of the map, like a pre-game things but the actual game never loads and it just keeps repeating.

• carl
      November 18th, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Yea I have the EXACT same problem happens after I play 1 round in multiplayer especially on conquest

29. Wobbleweezy
    November 17th, 2013 at 6:19 am

I cannot play conquest or rush online. Can’t find server or get an error when server is found. I find it absolutely embarrassing and appalling that we can be in the year 2013 and can’t play a game for 3 days because it was poorly tested to begin with. I wish MAG would come out with MAG 2 for PS4 because BF4 pissed me off to the max and I feel like I deserve a refund. And I don’t think I’ve said that about another game before but I legitamitely feel screwed.

• ronald
      November 23rd, 2013 at 5:45 pm

yes bring out mag.. much better game

30. Gianni G
    November 17th, 2013 at 7:45 am

EA/DICE is the problem. All my other games work fine. Battlefield 4 was put on the market to early. Now they blame Sony while the EA/DICE staff is working all night. If this isn’t fixed soon. Best Buy will be receiving an opened product and shipping it back to EA/DICE.

31. Josh
    November 17th, 2013 at 8:35 am

It seemed at first that the game was jammed with playees but in close inspection you can look at the servers on ps4 and all are empty. I have talked to people at walmart and vest buy and they have said it is so far not been fixed. I am patient but am curious why it has yet to be fixed. I can’t even play the campain and I would really like to get into the game but I can’t. Please fix this glitch!!!

32. TASTE IT
    November 17th, 2013 at 8:45 am

taste the crash with your poor nextgen ;p

33. Coltonpox
    November 17th, 2013 at 9:31 am

The single player is bugged don’t play it, until a update has arrived. However you can access the multiplayer by logging out of PSN booting up bf4 then before accessing multiplayer, go back in to settings and log back in to PSN, bypassing the error message that prevents play. It’s not a solution to your corrupt save but it’ll get you in to multiplayer.

34. FacePalm
    November 17th, 2013 at 9:38 am

Being a Battlefield player since Bad Company, I’ve gone through quite the array of upsets. Many would without question understand what I mean by that.. In SHORT; Audio, Map, Game glitching. “Bad Luck”. Random Disconnects. Console crashes/Freezes.

Okay, fine. After BF3, I bet anyone who was anyone was crossing their fingers for DICE to actually have sat down and taken their time with developing such a game after so many instances where they didn’t, and all the results thus far. To my understanding, the game MECHANICS are fine, which is a good start. That means no more stabbing a player with a knife and then somehow you drop to the ground and he lives, no more getting dropped because you’re in a corner of the map that can’t do the math for why you’re there so it auto-kills you, etc etc. No more audio problems (HUGE plus). So with all these, you’d think the game would stand a bat’s chance in Hell right?

Well, I went to the launch with a friend of mine, who seemed to have later arrived home that night, installed the game, and was soon flooded with errors. “The fucking error again” would show up on my phone via Text Message almost every time we would attempt online play. This error, in my fail of a memory, basically stated that he didn’t have a proper connection, and sometimes would say that the server was under maintenance. That was funny, because he was on Party Chat with me for some of those instances, which require a connection. And I was in one of the servers actually playing, meaning there was no valid reason for people not being able to join due to maintenance.

One more common incident that occurs every day now, is one that happens to me. In particular, the game will corrupt my campaign’s save data, or just flat out forget I even played it. Yeah, the second one seems like I’m just trying to find something else to rant about. But no, that was actually what happened first before anything. I found that, if I back-tracked between the game and the PS4 Home OS enough, I would eventually come to a message telling me that “The Playstation Network is under maintenance at this time”. It wouldn’t allow me back into the game, for one. That would have been an “Oh well, I guess” for me instantly. BUT. My whole console shut down my controller commands. I was unable to back out, move to the sides on the selection bar, etc. I know this because the screen was still active (the loading circle was animating perfectly, the audio wasn’t gone/looping). I was forced to hard-boot it, thinking “Okay, I’ve had to do this for my computer when it just won’t shut off after black-screening from the Shutting Down message”. I came back to my game to find out that my save data wasn’t even there.

The other part to that problem, with the corrupted data, is simply what it is. You’ve heard it other places and don’t need to be told for the millionth time. But what irks me even more is the fact that a part of this article rings a bell. “It seems that EA is trying to pass blame to Sony, claiming this is a PS4 firmware issue” is a VERY true statement. My friend had Tweeted them (Meh… I know…) and they did just that. This is thus a Groundhog effect to the N’th degree. Literally, this has happened pretty much every time DICE develops something. And as fellow nerds/geeks of the industry, we can all relate to feeling like saying “Well I know I did a good job so did you try contacting someone else?”. You can’t keep doing this, DICE. I’m not saying that BF4 was a terrible launch all together, because it actually functions on most occasions. But some of these problems are preventative to overall enjoyment. OVERALL. Not in-the-moment because we’re all goldfish with a 3 second attention span.

I can’t play the campaign until DICE releases a statement regarding a find in the issue. And I don’t mean an apology. You can even half-ass the apology and just drop the info in a Changelog.

• Dan
      November 18th, 2013 at 7:45 am

Oh wow, all the way since bad company? Haha try 1942, noob

• FacePalm
        November 18th, 2013 at 9:35 pm

1942 had a multiplayer demo that I was playing alongside Quake 3 and Wolfenstein. Since it was merely a demo and personally Battlefield Vietnam was more appealing on my friend’s laptop, I felt like being honest at a technical standpoint.

35. Shitsforthebirds
    November 17th, 2013 at 10:26 am

Ok to say this is due to the firmware is ignorant and simple minded to make it easy for some of you to understand… I’ve loved every second of my ps4 I’ve been playing killzone and assassin’s Creed with no hiccups what so ever but when it comes to bf4 it’s different why? Well simple my dear peers… EA is a steaming pile of pig shit they love to rush shit why? Because they lost out hugely on their gross annual income from 5 billion dollars (this is strictly their game development department not not their spots shit) to 200thousand dollars and in result had to fire their now former ceo… Everything you’ve heard about with the console is not due to Sony saying “screw our consumers we don’t need them” and if you think that’s what their thinking than dam I have nothing to say to you… Sony loves and cares about their users more than nearly any other producer/developing company around! When we have a problem with anything and they are made aware of it they are quick to fix and please. So next time you post you so idoled opinions on the Web that people give two shits about make sure you know what your saying before you post you comments so you don’t look like such a tool.

• ronald
      November 23rd, 2013 at 5:54 pm

amen to that.. thank god i bought ghosts for my ps4 also.. ea can eat a fat one.. bf4 you are dead to me!!

36. RelaxedKoi
    November 17th, 2013 at 10:37 am

I’m sorry to say but it is ONLY BF4 crashing on ps4. Every game mode but conquest is working. There are literally small amount of conquest servers working with 64 players but upon joining it either loses connection or it causes the error. Same thing with battlelog. It’s not ps4 I’m sure. Because everything else is working fine for me. It is just bf4 and the multiplayer. Just keep trying to play online and you’ll be okay.

37. Haha
    November 17th, 2013 at 10:37 am

I found the fix!!!!! Just enter the original blood code for mortal combat on sega wooo and i spawn as sub zero!!!!! Hint: ABACABB

38. Vitalblast
    November 17th, 2013 at 10:59 am

“over 85,000 PS4 consoles returned to stores, along with over 175,000 copies of BF4″ On his Twitter account, Yagashumi Nagaguchi from Sony said ” I don’t understand, usually gamers are a bunch of pussies who only voice their frustrations on silly forums, they never actually do anything”
    EA could not be reached for comment. Dice Chairman Yorn Snorglasgood, recovering in hospital said ” Do you have any idea how complicated cross platforming is ?”

This would be the type of news headline, that could change the gaming industry.

• Doob
      November 17th, 2013 at 11:51 am

Haha, False Information like a noob. ;D

I didn’t know that even XDrones could go this far… Lol.

39. Rustypixel
    November 17th, 2013 at 11:43 am

I’d like to know if we have any recourse other than sit and wait for a fix from either Sony or EA? I don’t have a ton of money and was only able to buy one game with the PS4 and I now see that I SHOULD have gotten COD instead. I don’t want to play this game again and devote a few hours to it only to have the saved data become corrupt again and have to start from scratch again. I know once the game is open stores won’t take it back but is there anyone we can contact for a refund?

40. Thehackman
    November 17th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Can we say NATIONWIDE LAWSUIT!!!! Sony sold us consoles that they knew were faulty. That is against the law…

• Sean
      November 17th, 2013 at 4:18 pm

What the hell are you talking about?????? you mean EA not sony geez. every other game works fine just BF4

• gill bates
      November 17th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

The console if fine. If you don’t play BF4 it works great. COD, AC4 and Killzone all run great.

Noationwide lawsuit against EA

• codbits the ps4less
      November 19th, 2013 at 11:28 am

BRO IT AINT ILLEGAL YOU ACCEPT THE THER TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT

• Biggie Ballz
      December 11th, 2013 at 9:05 pm

out of all the comments this was the best one.. I agree…… lawsuit!! EA you have stole our hard earned money..

41. Austin Fletcher
    November 17th, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Got to the last mission on bf4 on ps4 hard difficulty and my game wuit I jumped back in and all my saved data was lost… im so sick of this also all I pay is conquest because that’s what bf4 is all about and it doesn’t work? I spoke to soon saying battlefield was way better than cod at least they get to play there game

42. Grildrige
    November 17th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Ugh Im getting the xbone and this worries me, hopefully the 300,000 servers and the power of the cloud thing is true

• gill bates
      November 18th, 2013 at 6:44 am

It has nothing to do with the Xbox One or PS4 or servers or the cloud. These problems were on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

The PROBLEM is clearly crapy code. It can only be fixed by and update. The game was released un-finished. I will say this the worst BF release to date. Yes BF3 had issues but SP worked fine and MP worked great as well it just had lots of little bugs, glitches and balance issues. BF4 has all of those plus massive crashing issues.

• ronald
        November 23rd, 2013 at 6:00 pm

i never had an issue with bf3 on my pc but bf4 on console is just criminal.. Gildrige youll be fine just dont buy bf4..

43. Shane
    November 17th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Save data always gets corrupted. Doesn’t let me join conquest. Freezes every 2 rounds. Please fix

44. Quaid Guarino
    November 17th, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Guys if you want to fix the crashing this has been working for me.
    Sign out of PSN
    Launch Battlefield 4
    Click Multiplayer
    No Crashes for about 3-4 hours for me
    :D

45. bigred2951
    November 17th, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Just fixed the problem please!

46. omizzyyy
    November 17th, 2013 at 9:56 pm

have anybody tried calling to see if we can make a complaint to who ever inbattle field & hopefully we can get something out of this

47. dozdounuts
    November 17th, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I am sick of the crash and being stuck in rush mode but I am sure they will fix it. I wish they would at least say there fixing it….. Say on battle log or even in the game mode scroller. Just so we can have some confidence there fixing it and they care about there customers.

So far I am loving the graphics and the game! too many people to shoot now ;)

48. ZombiElectrify
    November 18th, 2013 at 12:03 am

this is why im waiting to get a ps4. and that comment about 900p on ps4 or whatever… i thought reading the entire argument was hilarious! but on another note: i got the first model of every playstation so far. im wanting to get the ps4 at a later time though. mainly because of not having enough money right now. but now because of reading about all of these problems that its having right now. i mainly play xbox 360 because my ps3 has hardware problems and i dont have the money to send it in. if it were fixed to where it does not freeze all of the time, i would play both equally.

49. Kyle Alexander
    November 18th, 2013 at 1:21 am

ACCIDENTAL FIX!

So I upgraded my HDD to an SSD and installed 1.50 firmware freshly download via the Sony website with a USB drive. The PS4 seems to have formatted the replacement drive and done a 1.50 install cleanly. After doing so and reinstalling BF4 and all else, the game works flawlessly. No crashing, able to get into conquest, not constantly losing connection or any issue…

I would submit that the freshly formatted drive with a clean install of 1.50 is the ticket. I do not think it being an SSD is relevant.

50. Fred Koch
    November 18th, 2013 at 9:37 am

Has anyone thought that there may be a server side issue here? Also there could just be an old fashioned memory leak going on here. BF3 had this issue early on. Also 32 and 64 player servers always seem to suffer lag. Especially the 64 player servers. Someone with a big ping can bring a server to its knees…

51. jon142010
    November 18th, 2013 at 10:36 am

This happens on ps3 all the time constant crashes, freezes, and a loss of connection I hope they will fix this for ps4 when it comes out for everyone if not bf4 will be a game flop

52. victor okoronkwo
    November 18th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Well i called game stop fo this shty btf4 told them its been
    Crashing they said they havent heard nun about it
    But if enough people call they will let us exchange game
    For diffrent one.i knoe for a fact it piss off alot
    Of gamers we buy a game but cant play it all
    The way threw. They should test games before release
    But evey should call game stops and get refunds
    Its only gonna work if we all call

53. kerra_maybe
    November 18th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

do you guys also get the CE-34878-0 error? I get it while playing on campaign cause I haven’t started MP yet.

54. juts me or
    November 18th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

This Games is a joke on customer backs
    Cost us a fortune
    Ps4 400
    Game 60
    Premium 50
    Now to play online ps4 50
    so 560 times all of us
    that must be a lots off millions $
    Cant get that thing working good even after Beta test
    (same prblm still on)
    Just EA at 110 x millions cant make it well at launch
    Hire some people to do the job well we need to work instead putting all that money in your pocket or big cars and houses
    I cant believe we get this
    Do we deserve all this shit lmao

55. Nasir ahmad
    November 18th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

My ps4 on pf4 keep crashing and it had to restart the game it sucks it happens every 15 to 20 minutes

56. carl
    November 18th, 2013 at 11:44 pm

how come Ive heard nothing on the ps3 front in terms of a patch in the pipeline? I cant afford a ps4 in the near future really wish I could enjoy it on the 3 until I finally upgrade. From madden to ncaa to fight night to battlefield to dead space I have NEVER owned/played an EA sports game on any console that hasn’t glitched/crashed/frozen EA has a horrible reputation for quality in my experiences

57. Chris
    November 19th, 2013 at 4:58 am

Is there anyone else who is having graphical/texture problems at times on the ps4, single and multiplayer? I have experienced in single player Baku mission a degrade in texture quality which was equivalent to the xbox 360 version my second day with the ps4, then last night in Operation Locker although just a small problem the A flag upon approaching was pure white until getting up close to it, then in Goldmund Railway for around 15-20 seconds after the game began it seemed as if the game had no textures at all, was just flat and muddy looking. Anyways just want to see if anyone else might be having these issues besides the constant error message, save game corrupted, and not being able to join or find a conquest. Pretty sure all of this might be normal but after reading so much about peoples problems so far with the ps4 I am hoping mine is ok.

58. Mike
    November 19th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I found out how to fix it:

1. Turn off bf4, and delete.
    2. unplug your ps4 for about 4 minutes.
    3. Take your ps3 and plug that it.
    4. Put in bad company 2, and enjoy.

59. John
    November 19th, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I can’t believe how bad this is. I can’t join any MP games anymore. It has just stopped working all together. You’d think it would get better. Thanks again Sony and EA for rushing console’s/games.

60. Mike Frith
    November 19th, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Starting to think EA and Dice wrote the code for the Obama Care web sight while coding BF4

61. Aaron
    November 19th, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I’m pretty sure every new game or console that comes out October/November is going to be a rushed piece of shit. That’s why i’m waiting until February to buy the next gen PS4. Hopefully it would have gone through originally assembly line of the shitty put together consoles and games.

• Microchicken
      November 24th, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Even though I am getting a Xbox one I agree because the exclusive next gen only games look great such as titanfall and watch dogs

62. Nick Clark
    November 21st, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Yup… ps3 version of BF4 is continuously crashing too. And I have the fastest wifi known to man. I guess I should just plug directly into the wall but still, I shouldn’t have to. Was playing obliteration and after almost 50 mins of battle, I finally got the bomb to their last base, objective A, plant the bomb, and wait. Just as it explodes, it freezes. WTF B4… I hate you

63. Kevo
    November 22nd, 2013 at 4:22 pm

BF4 on xbox one crashes as well. It quits the game entirely and takes you to the xbox one dashboard

64. Luke
    November 23rd, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I am also having problems with bf4 on the. Xbox one either I disconnect from the session and return to the menus or I end up at the dashboard. The automatic dashboarding may be a result of the game freezing.

• ronald
      November 23rd, 2013 at 6:16 pm

thanx for the input on xbox one problems with bf4.. i guess we should all blame microsoft now like many have blamed sony and ps4.. so far ive read problems with this game with pc,360,ps3,xbone and ps4.. if that doesnt tell you its ea/dice problem then your a dumb ass.. Yes this is pointed at all the fanboys above pushing the blame game. do yourself a favour, research, get facts then open your stupid mouths!! I love ps4, im sure xbone is great aswell, but ea are a bunch of c**ts!

65. Zakaria Rollins
    November 24th, 2013 at 9:42 am

Wasn’t it just last year and 9 years prior to that everyone was Raving over the Xbox 360? Lol Simmer down. They’re both exactly the same, Xbox still has the best variety of Multiplayer games. PS4 is just full of one time only games. ;/

66. Microchicken
    November 24th, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Is anyone else having the same problem as me?
    That is that everytime I try to resume game on the 6th mission my xbox 360 freezes. Is there anyway to get passed this

67. Ian
    November 27th, 2013 at 8:09 am

I can’t say I’m dissapointed, however I was expecting something like this to happen. The PS4 is a brand new system and like the PS3 it is expected to have issues in the short term. We live in a world of “I don’t want it tomorrow, I wanted it yesterday” which does make things uneasy for some. Do any of you remember the crashing issues Bad Company 2 had? Kind of reminds me of that. Hopefully the problems will be ressolved soon so we can all have a good experience. That is what gaming and especially life is all about.

68. Ian
    November 27th, 2013 at 8:23 am

Maybe I’m old school, but I don’t understand what the fuss is all about with what platform people choose to play games on. I remember the launch of the NES and the Sega and I don’t recall bickering over what was better. Having fun is what a games sole purpose is to facilitate. Let the competion be between the developers not you and your fellow gamers. Game on!!!

69. Ant
    November 29th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Ive played bf4 single player to end on ps3 no errorss played to level 5 onlinee no errors, got ps4 played upto titan getting blown up got error, and errors online heaps. Other than bf4 ps4 is huge leap from ps3 everything crisp and clear and when bf4 online works it blows ps3 out the water in looks and feel of it.

70. Ant
    November 29th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I heard microsoft payed ea heaps so they would get the exclusive content before ps4 therefore people get xboxone for the exlusives first lol now with errors it good got ps4 as when xbox and pc get the errors first lol ea have time fix before ps get them.

71. Pete
    November 29th, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Coming from a loyal Battlefield fan, I am seriously disappointed beyond belief in Dice’s inability to put out a game that is AT LEAST FUNCTIONAL. Whoever said this was a rushed piece of shit, I couldnt agree more. The game keeps crashing, graphics blurrs, controller freeze, I can’t get into any rooms with my friends. I am seriously disappointed and I will keep venting my frustration until they decide to take a serious step to actually fix this crap. In the mean time I have to resort to playing other well made games like AC4 or Madden, or even (regretfully) COD.

• Pete
      November 29th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Oh ya and not to mention the netcodes are TRASH! And the water physics arent even as good as they claimed them to be pre-launch

72. Kapody
    November 30th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

So what Are they going to do does anybody know

73. Kenneth obrien
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:17 am

I have come across a strange problem w/ my BF4 on my PS4 and was wondering if anybody else seen this strange chit.Lately when I play BF4(whether in SP or MP),about 5-10 minutes into game my AVR receiver zaps out like it’s getting an over surge and turning itself off to protect itself.I have changed HDMI wires,HDMI input on receiver but it still does it.My other games run fine.I have had the intermittant problems like everyone else of,no audio on start up and having to reboot to get audio on the ps4 itself and I also have the audio problem on BF4 of audio getting quiet here and there on MP.

74. jamie ocley
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:48 am

pc is better if you have no friends to play split screen gaming with , consoles are good for people who actually have friends who play split screen and watch them play in the lounge room on the couch as opposed to everyone crouched around a computer desk . i play pc and ps4

75. Biggie Ballz
    December 11th, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I have spent more time on this Web site than playing the game. I will return the consol and stick with my ps3.. the hell with it, for wasting my valuable time. thank you EA for saving me $500..

76. Doug
    December 25th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I got a ps4 and COD ghosts/BF4 for my son for Xmas. PSN was down all day, but he LOVED the new games… In the evening PSN came back on and COD ghosts updated and it woudnt work. BF4 didnt update yet and is still working for him.I am so dissapoined at these F^^tards that release this S*^t before it works…..

77. stephen
    January 1st, 2014 at 10:13 pm

i have a ps4 and i can only get to the midway through the third or fourth mission before mine crashes. It sucks