Battlefield 4 graphics comparison on PC: from low to ultra

Video compares BF4 on various quality settings on the PC

Battlefield 4 graphics comparison

Battlefield 4 supports plenty of PC graphics settings, making it playable on most PC hardware, depending on the quality settings of course. We’ve seen a few videos comparing the different graphics settings on the PC, but we found the below video to be one of the more useful ones. It shows a direct comparison of the different settings, going from low, to medium, to high, all the way to ultra.

As the video shows, the higher the settings, the more details the game has (obviously). But we’re surprised just how well the game looks even on low settings. The video shows the difference in quality on the Paracel Storm map, which is one of the most demanding maps in the game (and also one of the most visually impressive). Be sure to check out the previous comparison from the beta.

You can find the video below, and be sure to watch it in full screen in HD to get the best look at the difference.

What settings and hardware are you running Battlefield 4 on? Share your experience in the comments section!

TAGS:

1. mintas123
    November 5th, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I am running at medium on GTX 560 Ti, i5 2500K and 8 gb RAM. But i want to buy r9 280x to run at ultra and it’s cheap now; )

• StormTrooperStu
      November 10th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Weird, I run an AMD 8350 @ 4.5 with 8GB RAM and a GTX 580 and run on ultra settings at 45-60 FPS.

• joel acosta
      November 24th, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I have a core 2 quad q6600 and gtx 560 (non TI) and play on ultra
      32- 39 fps

• joel acosta
        November 24th, 2013 at 9:11 pm

6 gb ram 1333 mhz and 1680×1050 resolution

• Some random guy
      December 28th, 2013 at 10:28 am

Mhh Yeah it makes sense now, You use a pretty Old Nvidia Grapics card I Reccomend upgrading to to gtx 650 Ti while there cheap now.. Dont buy a AMD grapics card Only if you using 3 or 2 Monitors But then again you can buy 2 3GB’s nvidia gtx 650 Ti but if i was you just stick to 1 its a huge upgrade but you can at least play it at high 50 60 Fps.. The rest is pretty good

• SpartanDuckie
        January 8th, 2014 at 6:21 pm

I’m using an AMD Radeon 7770 ghz edition (2GB GDDR5)…. it works perfectly fine.

Thank you very much, but, I don’t want to spend $750 on a GTX 650 Ti for 3gb of RAM when I can spend ~$250 and get 4gb off of 2 7770 2GB’s using crossfire for my computer…

• Louc
          February 10th, 2014 at 7:01 pm

750$ for a gtx 650 ti ?! where do you live?… its the price of a 780 ti here…
          Also, in multi gpu mode (sli or crossfire) the memory dosnt add up. both card load the same stuff. if you see a dual gpu card and it written 4 gb (2 gb per gpu) its just marketing. You ll have 2 gb .
          And, also, you need a gpu that is fast enough to process all that memory … 3 gb gtx 650 sound more like a marketing trick to me…

2. Negative
    November 5th, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Ultra with AMD fx-8350, Gtx 760 and 8gb RAM 😉

3. mike
    November 5th, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I was running a 300 dollar PC..AMD 6870 intel core i3 2100

but now I got a case and a AMD 280x ASUS 3 slot card

4. Obaid
    November 6th, 2013 at 12:58 am

working in low graphics on a dell n5110 with core i3 2,3 ghz and a nvidia gt525m :p

5. Fidius
    November 6th, 2013 at 7:24 am

I had a mix of ultra and high with no issues but the game is broken and needs work ie a freaking patch or 2 I’m trying to eliminate crashing by trying anything so I’ve reduced my graphics to medium for now and don’t seem to crash as much lol

November 6th, 2013 at 9:39 am

2560 x 1600 getting 70 – 80 fps.

i7 @ 4.8
    16gb ram
    gtx 780 classified

7. GeneralDummkopf
    November 8th, 2013 at 5:51 pm

1600×900 Monitor @60Hz
    HD7850 1GB (stock clock)
    AMD Phenom II 945 x4 @3.0Ghz (stock clock)
    8GB DDR3 RAM

I’m getting 50-60fps on Medium, though I hope to crank my settings up to high once the game is fully patched.

• Some random guy
      December 28th, 2013 at 10:31 am

• Some random guy
        December 28th, 2013 at 10:32 am

ow wait dont listin to that up there ^^^^^i cant delete it it was for someone else lol

• jason
      February 4th, 2014 at 8:04 pm

really? you get that? are there any lags in heavy combat? mine doesn’t work really well even in low settings……………
      I am using:
      AMD phenom II 955 x4 @3.1
      4GB DDR3 RAM 1333
      GTX 780
      1600 x 1024…………
      once on heavy combat my whole screen become 10 fps……..

• RIK
        February 16th, 2014 at 7:43 am

i guarantee you it’s your ram. i had the same problem,until i upgraded to 8 gb. i had 16 gb before,but didnt notice any diffrence from 8,so i removed it.

8. Merk
    November 9th, 2013 at 9:57 am

i5 4670k @4.5Ghz
    16gb 1866 Ram
    EVGA GTX 770 SC
    Running @ 1920×1200 everything on Ultra.
    Runs great. Rarely drops below 50 fps

9. MotherBoardMurderer
    November 11th, 2013 at 3:23 am

I7 4985k @5.3ghz
    32gb ram
    Quad Titans
    3d 1080p ultra

10. Ariel
    November 11th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

i7-3770K
    16GB RAM
    GTX 780 OC (MSI Gaming edition).

Everything on Ultra / 4XAA / 1920X1200
    ~75 FPS without any drop…..
    :-)))))))

11. Sean
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:14 am

Surprisingly I’m getting over 60FPS consistently at 1080P on Ultra with 2xAA with Core i5 3570K at 4.2GHZ, 16GB Ram, and MSI Power Edition GTX660 ti. 4XAA however drops it down to about 30FPS at times.

12. Tavis
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:50 am

What can I expect with a
    i5
    8gb ram
    gtx 645
    Is it even worth getting the game?

• rodderz6279
      November 25th, 2013 at 10:44 am

i think you should get 30-40 fps running at high i have asus gtx650 1gb 8gb ddr2 RAM and a q8300 @ 2.5 ghz all stock speed running high at 40-50 fps and 30-40 fps on ultra with occasional drops 🙂

13. Skertchy
    November 18th, 2013 at 9:50 am

3.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
    Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
    16GB (two 8GB) memory
    1TB hard drive1
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M with 1GB
    Would this run Battlefield 4 on High/Ultra?

• ANALSEX
      November 30th, 2013 at 11:00 pm

lol not a chance. You wont get a GeForce chip to do ultra or even high with playable fps

• Some random guy
        December 28th, 2013 at 10:21 am

Your Pc can Run it High on 40 To 50 at least,
        Ultra depends but i think you make a good change with your Proccesor. Even Do you dont need a high end proccesor to play most games.

• Some random guy
        December 28th, 2013 at 10:23 am

OW lol sorry i dindt know you used a chip, If you use a chip it slows stuff a lot down. And you only got 1 GB’s witch is a little to slow to

• Some random guy
      December 28th, 2013 at 10:23 am

14. qadrology
    November 23rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm

i have GTX 560 SE i couldn’t change the graphics settings on my 32bit system !!!!!! i used geforce experience and turned everything on ultra but i don’t feel it in the game, it’s still low !! can anybody tell me what to do ? or can i even run it on high ?
    specs i5 3330 2.5 , win 7 ultimate 64bit , gtx 560 SE 1gb overclocked

• Some random guy
      December 28th, 2013 at 10:19 am

Maybe its because 1 Gb’s is not enough for Battefield 4. Try putting your setting in medium or even low.. Maybe its because Battefield 4 uses 64 bit and not 32 bits

15. Prathit Pannase
    December 11th, 2013 at 2:41 am

How much fps is optimal for playing battlefield 4 without lag
    And is the difference between 1080p and 1440p noticeable on 1440p screen.
    I am planning to get the imac with gtx 780m 4gb
    I have heard it plays 1440p ultra 50 fps
    What are ur thoughts about it ??
    Why a imac over a gaming pc
    Due to space problem I will have to break a lot of things for the desktop
    And I just want to play battlefield 4 no other graphic intensive games

• Some random guy
      December 28th, 2013 at 10:30 am

What ever you do dont buy a imac . those things suck for gaming. If i was you Just buy a 4K grapics card or somting

16. Miles
    December 12th, 2013 at 9:41 am

what should i get with….
    GS70 2OD-002US
    • Windows 8
    • Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ Processor
    • 17.3″ Full HD Anti-Reflective Display (16:9; 1920 x 1080)
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M 2G GDDR5
    • Matrix Display
    • Cooler Boost
    • Full Color Anti-Ghosting Backlit Keyboard by SteelSeries
    • Super RAID (128GB SSD x 2; RAID 0) + 1TB HDD
    • 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz System Memory
    • Killer™ DoubleShot Technology (Killer™ E2200 + Killer™ Wireless-N 1202)
    • USB 3.0 x 4
    • HDMI, mDP X2
    • Built-in 720p HD webcam
    • Sound Blaster Cinema

• raymond corseph
      December 14th, 2013 at 10:40 pm

i have an asus k56c laptop with specs like this:
      corei7,8GB RAM DDR3, ITB HDD, 4GB INVIDIA GTX740M I28 BIT and i tried to play battlefield4.even when i am intially6 installing the game tomy pc, i receive an error msg saying i did not meet the games requirements since it seems i lack -1MB in my video card but i persist and finish installing the game. but when i try playing the game, all i reach is the loading portion and then it stopped and i received an error message saying BATTLEFIELD4 has stopped and i have no choice but to end task it….this happens many times and i just give up….anybody here can help me how to remedy this problem of mine???somebody told me to change the graphic settings from high to medium or even low but how can i when i cant even enter the game since i know its in the game option that i need to change that settings…..or can i just change the resolutions in my desktop and thats it. also my graphic settings is set to invidia and not to the alternate hd4000 graphics…anybody help me pls since i really want to play this game…..many many thanks in advance…

• Some random guy
      December 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am

if i was you dont upgrade anything, This is Good enough to run Battfield 4 Ultra at 60 To 70 Frames per second…

• slimething
      December 30th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Don’t get too excited. No, you won’t play at 60-70 FPS avg with a 765m at Ultra.

However, lower the settings and you will run very smoothly with little or no lag spikes and the frustration level from getting owned will be gone.

Again, follow the BF4 editor link below. Start at the recommended settings, then work up until you get a good video/performance ratio that satisfies you.

Why people assume 40 FPS is acceptable for competitive playing is puzzling, unless you only snipe 🙂 .

• PoorSignal
        January 30th, 2014 at 6:04 am

The mobile versions of graphics cards are a generic version, they have reduced clock and RAM.

17. raymond corseph
    December 14th, 2013 at 10:18 pm

i currently have asus k56c laptop with 8gb RAM, 1tb hdd, 4gb nvidia gtx740M laptop and tried to install battlefield4 but i try to install it, it seems i did not meet the requirements and it seems i lacked-1MB videocard but i finish installing it anyway, thinking its only an error, but after installing and following the instructions, i cannot play it seems im stuck at the loading of the game and just receive an error message “battlefield4 has stopped” and i cannot do anything but to just close the damn thing…anybody here can help me??? somebody told me to just change the graphic setting from high to medium but how can an I when i cant even log in game????pls help…..

• Some random guy
      December 28th, 2013 at 10:15 am

I cant find anything to help you. Maybe your Drivers need a update?
      Or your battelog is not working good.

• slimething
      December 30th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

you have a 4 gb mobile video card? What is a 740, I never heard of it. Please post your actual specs.

The k56ca has the 4000 HD so you are out of luck. The K56cm has the 635m 2gb and may be playable on low settings and applying the BF4 editor tweaks.

18. Some random guy
    December 28th, 2013 at 10:13 am

This is what you need to run battfield 4 on Ultra setting ( Around 30 To 40 Fps)

As Grapics Card i Reccomend the Gtx 650 Ti 2Gb’s Or higher ( NOTE: You can use a Amd 7770 HD 2GB’s or higher)
    As Cpu Or Apu i Reccomend A Amd A8 3.2 4 cores Or Intel Core I3 3.3 4 cores. You Will need this At least to run it at 30 To 40 Fps.
    As Ram You only need 4 To 6 But 8 is even better,
    If you have a little bit extra to spend maybe 10 GB’s.
    The Rest isnt that important,
    I do reccomend using Vista Or Windows 7/8.

19. slimething
    December 30th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

30-40 FPS will put you in the “how’d he shoot me first” category. Setting video on Ultra to get all the eye candy over performance is ok for mediocre players who only care about pretty graphics, but for those who want to play well, you need to well exceed 60 FPS avg. That is just the plain truth.

I have BF4 on 4 different systems. Windows Vista absolutely sucks for BF4. Windows 7 is good and Windows 8.1 is best.

Get BF4 editor and follow the instructions on the video below to get the most out of your gpu, even lower end ones. Your game skills will improve and you won’t be prone to getting owned as often, except that the ones with higher end cards are also running on lower video settings and using 120+ hz monitors with low input lag so will also tend to dominate more (assuming they have fast hand/eye coordination). But at least you’ll be able to compete.

Also, make sure your cpu cores are not parked. There are other tweaks such as stopped unneeded background apps running, so look them up, but the above will get you started.

My son plays on his i7 HP Dv6 laptop with a 650m quite smoothly, but not on high settings.