Battlefield 4 patch notes released, include a big list of fixes

DICE releases the complete patch notes and change log for the new patch.

Battlefield 4 stopped working

Earlier today DICE released the first Battlefield 4 patch, and while it did improve performance, there are still reports from players of the game crashing. Worse, it appears the patch has added even more bugs, but DICE has yet to respond to this.

Instead, they have released the complete patch notes and changelog, which lists all the changes, tweaks, and fixes found in the 1 GB patch. As the below patch notes show, there are several crash fixes — from random crashes, to server crashes, to singleplayer crashes. Finally, it appears that the “infinite load screen” bug has also been fixed. Without further ado, here are the full Battlefield 4 patch notes when it comes to crashes and stability issues:

-Fixed a crash that would occur randomly during gameplay.
-Fixed a crash that would occur when an object is destroyed.
-Every time that a player exited a vehicle, there was a small chance that the server would crash. This has been fixed.
-Fixed an occasional crash during SP gameplay.
-Fixed a crash that would occur during level loading.
-Sometimes the game would attempt to load a model at the same time as it was being thrown out of memory. This has been fixed.
-Sometimes the game would crash after removing old bullet holes/scratch marks in the world. This has been fixed.
-Sometimes when a player or enemy was sitting in the jeep gunner entry and got killed, his body would rest on the vehicle in such a way that the physics simulation would require lots of CPU usage. This has been solved.
-Fixed a crash occurring on Flood Zone when playing Conquest Large.
-Fixed a common crash relating to surface shaders.
-Fixed a crash on Test Range that could occur when using sniper rifles.
-Fixed a common crash that occurred during map transition.
-Fixed a crash that occurred when bringing up Battlescreen in-game on the Test Range.
-Fixed a memory allocation bug that could lead to crashing.
-Fixed a single player crash that could sometimes occur when being killed by AI enemies.
-Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck in infinite loading if you got disconnected while trying to access online content.
-Fixed an issue in single player in the South China Sea mission where the game would crash when idle for more than 60 minutes.
-Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck in infinite loading if you used Win+L to lock your PC during loading.

In addition to the crashes, the new update also fixes the famous sound glitch that would mute the entire server if you used a silencer on a particular weapon. The patch also fixes the netcode and network smoothing issues, and adds some graphical fixes as well.

In addition to the Battlefield 4 patch released today, DICE also released another server update today. The R10 server update is expected to fix some of the random crashes that the new patch introduced.

Finally, the new patch appears to have added the China Rising DLC content, where players can already unlock the new weapons and gadgets. We’re waiting for a confirmation on this.

You can find the complete patch notes on the official forum here.

November 14th, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Im seeing the blur effect now with the new patch. But also getting 10-15 more fps same settings as before.

2. Kasich40
    November 14th, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I am now getting motion blur — very annoying.
    I played 3 rounds tonight and crashed 2 of the 3 times.

3. vv8forme
    November 14th, 2013 at 10:24 pm

motion blur makes me feel like after taking some LSD 😀
    it’s funny haha

4. Nipson
    November 15th, 2013 at 1:23 am

We still have sound bugs on Golmud and other map, still have textures bugs… The netcode and FPS seems to have been optimized

5. Welz82
    November 15th, 2013 at 6:59 am

Well that crash error pictured above seems to have gone for me… it now just crashes straight to the desktop with no error instead 🙁

On my 2nd match too. So disappointed.

6. whatever_sa
    November 15th, 2013 at 8:34 am

I don’t know what you guys did to get the update to download? I just get the following useless error message each time i try to let the update download:

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again in a few moments.
    Error 262145:5

I tried about 12 hours earlier today and same thing….

• Zig
      November 17th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

if you havent tried already, try updating origin to beta participation in the application settings, restart origin and let it update, fixed my download issues 🙂

• Karl
      February 18th, 2014 at 6:58 am

Same here been trying for quite a while now man what a mess this is ….

7. Agua
    November 15th, 2013 at 11:00 am

I crash more often now… I give up.

8. Tyrane
    November 15th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I dont crash at all (:
    Come, PC players, to the majestic land of consoles where you never crash, and you never find hackers

• ViKrieg
      November 15th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Come, Tyrane. To the majestic land of Trollestia.
      A land where you always lie, and pass off opinions as facts!

No, but really, Cut the bullshit out. It’s common knowledge that consoles aren’t perfect either, and can crash and have their fair share of hackers just like any gaming platform out there.
      In fact, there have been plenty of console players reporting crashing on Battlefield 4, while playing it on console.

9. battletroll
    November 15th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Thank you Dice. I had great time today. Not a single crash.

Although game exited but due to stupid admin changing maps mid game.

Best experience I had in any battlefield so far.

• Timmy
      November 19th, 2013 at 6:08 am

Lol. I thought you meant the game was Battletroll 4. A game made solely to troll gamers.

10. ethan payne
    November 15th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Please fix the crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dawn breaker is the worst one that crashes on me, every time!!!

11. ethan payne
    November 15th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Hannah resort crashes everytime it loads up to!! Please fix!!!

12. guntran
    November 16th, 2013 at 8:26 am

You guys are lucky, you can play the game. I can’t even play BF4. The game always crashes during the loading screens. I cant’t even play the singleplayer… Disappointing…

• Timmy
      November 19th, 2013 at 6:10 am

What ever you do guntran, DO NOT COMPLAIN to EA on their support forum. Ban hammer will fall for 30 days and you will have some difficulty reading the threads about possible workarounds. EA trolling consumers like a boss!

13. Brian
    November 16th, 2013 at 8:36 am

STILL crashing. once today on my side, once on the server side where i lost all my stats. what a piece of shit this game is right now.

14. Corey
    November 16th, 2013 at 11:18 am

I love these crashes. 4 matches of conquest in a row. The 5th match, I actually got through the whole game, then crashed loading the next map and got none of the experience for the one I just finished. This is just lovely…

• Timmy
      November 19th, 2013 at 6:11 am

I pretty much have the same experience Corey. I hope you didn’t buy Premium like me to beta test the game early.

15. Jason
    November 18th, 2013 at 10:54 am

Game crashed a couple of times on single player and went let me play online says i have to connect to ps network and ea which i am on my ps4

16. Mike
    November 19th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Wow it amazes me that no one learned from BF3 that EA(Electronic Assholes) dont care, they got your money.

17. AJ
    November 19th, 2013 at 7:27 pm

I just recently downloaded the game for my pc, and i can get the letters on the screen, however the actual characters and everything else dont show up… Can some one help me out here??

18. trevor
    November 20th, 2013 at 10:01 am

was experiencing sum problems with bf4.what I did went to firewall to enable bf4.when it opens it doesn’t respond,i just open internet explorer while the game is running and minimize explorer quickly click on the game to maximize it then play,ive been doing this and it works for me.

19. Jeremy
    December 1st, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Can’t play battlefield 4 at all exept when not on wifi that means only single player. This is not what I got this game for. I got it for Multiplayer. If I go on wifi after the screen setting I get stuck in the loading screen, and this is not my first disk. Does anyone know how to fix this?