Battlefield 4 patch coming tomorrow, fixes crashes and netcode

First BF4 patch will fix game crashes and improve netcode and stability.

Battlefield 4 patch

DICE has just announced that a Battlefield 4 PC patch will be released tomorrow that brings fixes to the most serious issues. According tot he patch notes (posted on the official forums), the patch will fix three main issues with the game: the crashes and freezes, the netcode (which they call “network sync bug”), and finally, the patch will improve network smoothing as well.

All in all, it seems that this is the Battlefield 4 patch we’ve been waiting for. The patch will fix “a large portion of the most commonly occurring game crashes”, in addition to improvement in overall stability. As for the netcode, DICE calls this “network sync bug”, which they also claim will be fixed in the new patch. You can find some video examples of the bad netcode here (in its current state).

In addition to the three main issues, the PC patch also brings some additional fixes and tweaks which will be revealed when the patch goes live on November 14 (tomorrow). The same patch is likely in certification now at Sony and Microsoft, and should be released on consoles soon.

1. somedude
    November 13th, 2013 at 9:37 am

Do the consoles need this patch? I bet the PS4 gets the patch on Friday.

2. Cool
    November 13th, 2013 at 9:39 am

I wonder if it will also help the Levolution lag.

Hainan Resort is horrible when the building collapses. And Siege of Shanghai dumps half the server every time the building comes down, although it didn’t in beta…

• Foofy69
      November 15th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Actually, there were 2 or 3 times that I remember when in the beta the building came down and ALMOST everybody crashed, me being one of them. So these things aren’t new. Although I do not have the full game yet (waiting on 1 more patch after the Nov. 14 one), I can ASSUME that BF4 isn’t TOO much different. Hell, I’ve heard plenty of people say that it is worse than the beta.

• asosakosaksaop
        November 17th, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I usually play on operation locker no console nd when the B building collapses.. i get like 5-10 fps for 10 seconds always when i go near B or outside..

3. zRayk
    November 13th, 2013 at 10:17 am

Oh God, they really will fix the game. Finally. Yeees!

4. danvan
    November 13th, 2013 at 11:01 am

I LIKE THE NEW LAYOUT BUT YES NETCOD FIX CANT WAIT FOR PS4

5. BanDi
    November 14th, 2013 at 5:36 am

nothing crashed before, but now…… This is RIDICULOUS!

6. Egzi
    November 14th, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Game crashes even more for me now! How Do I get a refund for this game?

• Benjamin Brown
      January 12th, 2014 at 12:21 pm

If I was you I should wait till DICE will fix the game, because you will have an awesome game. BF3 had issues at the start too but later on they did some patches and fixed the game.

7. Pryan
    November 15th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I never had issues with it crashing or lagging lol