Check out Battlefield 4 running at 5K resolution

See a video of BF4 running at 5,400 x 1,920 resolution spread over five 1080p monitors.

Most PC gamers are running with modest to decent PC hardware, at a perfectly-fine 1080p resolution. But that’s not good enough for some of the hardcore gamers out there. Like the guys in the video above, who built a powerful rig and hooked it up to no less than five 1080p monitors for a game of Battlefield 4. Running at (almost) 5K resolution: (5,400 x 1,920) spread out over all five 1080p monitors!

The system required to run Battlefield 4 at such a high resolution is astonishing: an Intel Core i7 4770 Quad Core CPU to start with, coupled with dual Radeon V2 7990 graphics cards, and a ton of RAM. Not to mention dual SSDs and a 1,200 Watt power supply. Even with that powerful of a system, we’re surprised that the game gets around 80+ fps on High settings (but not on Ultra, though). The PC is almost as powerful as DICE’s own monster rigs that powered Battlefield 4 at trade shows.

For more on the PC graphics of the game, check out the recent Battlefield 4 PC graphics comparison, comparing the visual quality from low to ultra.

Did you upgrade your PC for Battlefield 4? Or perhaps you’re still waiting for DICE to fix the game before making such an investment? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section!

TAGS: ,

1. Liam
    November 11th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

plan on upgrading in a few weeks, which hopefully by then, the bugs and glitches are fixed

November 11th, 2013 at 12:44 pm

2560 x 1600 ultra here getting 70-80 fps.

• ViKrieg
      November 13th, 2013 at 9:02 am

5,400 x 1,920 ultra here, getting 90-100 fps.

3. plakman
    November 11th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Not worth upgrading yet.
    I play on high with my 580 and it’s perfect imo.

not worth upgrading now to upgrade again when the next battlefield arrives

4. Mr Hodges
    November 11th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

All i can say is WOW if only i had that much dough. But i would be afraid to get robbed.

5. Tyrane
    November 11th, 2013 at 5:07 pm

xbox one will be able to do that

• N-Shifter
      November 11th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Damn man, I sprayed coffee out of my nose when I read that, ty lol

6. PvtJohnTowle
    November 11th, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Spending all that money to run the game at 80fps only on HIGH???

I am getting close to that on my single GTX 670 1920X1080

• Jay Mills
      December 27th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Yes but he is running with over double the raw amount of pixels, you running 2 million and him running 5 million, i cant believe that that’s still less than 4K though (8.2 million).

7. somedude
    November 11th, 2013 at 8:47 pm

What a total waste of money. 5 seconds on the game (what I care about) the rest on all the crap that is in that box, including the utterly useless bling. Chrome pipes?

In 5 years it will be in the trash. Man what a waste.

I think he needs to put down the doughnuts and go outside for more than 10min.

8. Arithon
    November 12th, 2013 at 1:46 am

He probably paid more for his video cards than I did for my PC in 2010, which DOES run the game on Ultra with 42-68fps.
    And no, I haven’t upgrade my PC for BF4, it’s the same rig I played BF:BC2 on.
    A fool and his money are easily parted…

9. Betty
    November 12th, 2013 at 2:16 am

You do realise that showing us a 5K resolution game taken on, what looks like, a phone camera, and then outputted onto our monitors (which is likely not 5K) will not be in 5K resolution?

10. jack slater
    November 12th, 2013 at 5:20 am

I don’t understand why there aren’t any manufactures doing that kind of stuff, putting several LCD panels side by side, with no bezel/frames between them, so at the in the buyer could have like 3 monitors with only one bezel.
    Or put vertically, like this guy did, so at the end the buyer has a huge monitor, with no bezels between them.
    Nothing more distracting than those bezels between each panel, even if they’re only a few mm large.
    Even on regular applications, like cubase, or video editing, that require displaying lots of stuff, plugins, editors, etc(for visual comfort, more stuff at the screen, etc), I hate those bezels. On 1 computer, I have 3 1080p monitors(it became so affordable, if room on the desk isn’t an issue, having 2 monitors at 2*1080p is normal, and almost mandatory, there’s just so much stuff we can do and display at the same time, it’s almost ‘idiot’ not spending 150$ or less, and get a second 1080p monitor).
    Though, if those apps aren’t games, it’s still ultra annoying, those bezels just drive me mad, I can’t stand them. I’m thinking about getting 1 27″ which can do 2560*1440 pixels. I lose some pixels, but I won’t have those bezels anymore.

It would be impossible for me to play games with those black lines between monitors.maybe we get a bit used to, after a while, but they’re always there.impossible to not see them.

I hope some manufactures will do 3-5 LCD panels in one, like the guy on the video, but without those thin bezels.it would be a dream, for all the gamers who have ultra powerful PCs.
    The second option, is a 4k display. I think we will have to wait a while before seeing a 32-37″ 4k monitor for 600$.
    30″ displays capable of 2560*1600 have been here for a while, now, with cinema displays, eizos, etc, and prices are still ultra expensive. Today,a 30″ monitor is still +++1000$.

Even if I hate Apple, I hope their next monitors will have some crazy 4k display, or even more. If they can display almost 3000*1800 on a 10″ panel, I’m sure they would be able to make a 27″-30″ monitor, with ultra retina display, capable of 6000*4000 pixels.
    That would force competition to move. When I see a 15 or 17″ Acer/Toshiba/whatever laptop, at 500$, with only 1024*720, in 2014, it’s like a joke.

All this to say, if I had money, I would make those 5 in 1 LCDs, like the guy, without bezels, I’m sure many people would grab one.

11. Max
    December 28th, 2013 at 5:40 am

You can now get 4k monitors for pcs.

12. Some random guy
    December 28th, 2013 at 10:37 am

Realy How are we supposed to know how it feels to look at 5K if you record it with a shitty iphone