Battlefield 4 Second Assault videos reveal new maps

New teaser trailer gives us the first glimpse of the new Second Assault maps and weapons.

Battlefield 4 operation metro ceiling
DICE has announced the names of all five expansion packs. The first will be China Rising, which includes four new maps, in addition to new weapons and vehicles. While we don’t know much about China Rising, we know quite a lot about the second DLC, called Second Assault.

The Battlefield 4 Second Assault expansion will include four popular maps from BF3, in addition to popular weapons and vehicles from BF3 as well. The first teaser trailer was released a few days ago during the Battlefield 4 match between US and Europe. The trailer gives us a first glimpse of the new maps and content.

The four new maps in the Second Assault DLC are:

• Operation Metro, which now features Levolution — players can destroy the ceiling and create new entry points to the subway, working elevators, and more.
  • Operation Firestorm, players can set fire to many of the gas pipes and fuel depots.
  • Gulf of Oman, now features a sandstorm as part of Levolution
  • Caspian Border is now set during the Fall, and the big, collapsible tower is now in the center of the map. When destroyed, the falling tower opens new pathways for players.

Some of the new weapons seen in the trailer and videos are:

China Rising is scheduled for release on December 3rd, 2013, while Second Assault will launch early next year. Check out a handful of videos below, showcasing the new Battlefield 4 maps and weapons.

Second Assault teaser trailer

Operation Metro

Caspian Border videos

1. Tiezzynator
    November 6th, 2013 at 8:27 am

The Famas is already in Bf4.

2. Sol T Nuts
    November 6th, 2013 at 9:25 am

Uh, I though Second Assault will be available day 1 on the Xbox One. In other words, it’s coming out in November, not January. Probably December for other platforms.

3. sneath
    November 6th, 2013 at 9:48 am

Great! We’re gonna get the F2000 back! One of my favorites from BF3.

• AliGGGGGG
      November 6th, 2013 at 11:31 am

They shouldn’t have taken it out to begin with. Pretty sure they’ll just take each gun they took out of BF3 and add it to BF4 while charging money for basically zero work.

• Max
        November 18th, 2013 at 8:12 am

No they aren’t. For example the L96 is back, but it’s redesigned and has new animations. So they are not, also they have to design all the guns so that they work with all the camos in the game. Which I believe barely any of the guns in BF3 did.

4. guy
    November 6th, 2013 at 10:07 am

Hey, I heard that famas is already in the vanilla BF4.

5. Cripix
    November 6th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I may sound noob. but how come theres already people on BF4 tournaments on a new map when the game has just released? they seem to know pretty much their way along this map, i know its Caspian Border Reloaded, but c’mon they even knew the new map key points, like if they’ve been playing it for long time.

• Aurimas
      November 7th, 2013 at 8:23 am

Because they where there couple days before tournament started to practice/discuss tactics.

6. ScreamFace
    November 6th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

So when are these coming out?

I keep seeing Dec 3 for China Rising.

Yes Second Assault is day one for xBone on Nov 22.

Surely they aren’t getting it months before us? Will we get two rapid DLCs or is SA coming out instead of CR and no ones updated that fact.

7. killerboye
    November 8th, 2013 at 8:46 am

It’s a shame that wake island or strike at karkand wasn’t chosen … I hope dice will use some ideas from the many bf2 maps like dragon valley or stuff, that would be gorgeous

8. uV_Bartek26
    November 9th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I want Grand Bazaar , Metro and Firestorm are sucks. Hope the Gulf of Oman wont be changed a lot, only upgraded with FB3 to make total destruction of those unfinished skyscrapers.
    And my favorite As Val are comming back …. hooray :D:D

9. grsewrg
    November 11th, 2013 at 3:14 am

You forgot the M60

10. D1000
    November 12th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Seine Crossing (i think thats how you spell it) was by far my favorite for team deathmatch

11. Art
    November 15th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

No Peak!?!?!?

12. ooooh nooo!
    November 18th, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Not the as Val I HATED that stupid thing in Bf3
    And the an94 WHO EVEN USES THE AN94!!??
    also(last thing) the map choice for S.A. is aplling firestorm was a diabolicaly made map .WTF dice? Why not seine? Why not nohashir?

13. Marc Vitacolonna
    November 19th, 2013 at 12:02 am

@ killerboye, I’ve been wanting DICE to remake Dragon Valley forever, finally someone else shares my sentiments. Man that was a fun level!

14. John