Battlefield 4 server and PS4 patches released
DICE has released two big new Battlefield 4 patches, one for the game servers, and one for the PlayStation 4 version. As we know, the PS4 version of the game has been suffering from crashing problems (just like the PC version), and the new patch deals mainly with that.
The new Battlefield 4 PS4 patch, weighing in at 600+ MB, fixes several crashes on the console, including crashes that occur when switching between weapons, when resuming single player campaign, and it reduces the probability of getting a corrupted save game file (although this hasn’t been eliminated completely). The PS4 patch is live now for all players.
The second big update is the R12 server update — the 12th game server update since launch. The new Battlefield 4 patch for servers once again fixes some common server crashes on all platforms, in addition to a bunch of small fixes, which you can find below:
- Fixed an issue where the cruise missile in Commander Mode was not launching when playing on Paracel Storm (in Obliteration mode)
- Fixed so that a player’s skill is no longer negatively affected when playing as Commander
- Fixed an aircraft IR flares exploit where players could use the flares multiple times before reloading by exiting/re-entering the aircraft
- Fixed an issue with Ranked servers on Xbox One running with a 1% ticket count
- Defined a range of 25-400% for vehicle respawn delays on Ranked servers
The server patch has already rolled out to Battlefield 4 game servers around the world. According to reports, DICE is also planning to launch a PC client patch later this week, which will include a fix to the “headshot” bug. In addition, the next server update, R13, is already in progress.