DICE details upcoming Battlefield 4 patch fixes

DICE releases some notes on the upcoming BF4 patch, set to fix the game crashes and freezes.

Battlefield 4 patch notes
Battlefield 4 has been plagued by issues on the PC (and consoles, to some extent) ever since it launched. The game constantly crashes and freeze, to a point where it’s unplayable and not worth the money. To make matters worse, the recent server patches have resulted in even more server crashes lately.

While DICE initially remained silent, they’ve now spoken up for the first time, detailing the fixes that are scheduled for an upcoming Battlefield 4 PC patch.

DICE notes that players have been experiencing crashes on all platforms, and that they are looking into this and fixing them as they are identified. Some crashes are caused by the server software, which they are also working on fixing.

They also aim to fix the issue with lost progress and stats, which is related to the crashes and freezes. When a server crashes, stats are generally lost, but if the player client crashes, stats are usually saved on the server. Lately though, neither the client or server have been stable.

Finally, DICE is also looking into the audio bug, where audio would be delayed or loop on certain maps (or completely cut off).

Battlelog has also recently been updated to add server queues and the “stats reset” button for Premium players. They are also working to fix some of the promotional BattlePacks, which aren’t working.

As for a patch release date, DICE didn’t give any specifics, only that they are working on the Battlefield 4 PC patch and that they hope to release it soon. They are first focusing on issues that are affecting a large number of players, mainly the crashes and freezes.

It might take a while before we see the patch released, as it has to go through proper testing and certification, especially on consoles. Hopefully the new fixes will be part of a day-one patch on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One when they launch later this month.

1. SouthoftheBear
    November 3rd, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I hope this patch comes out soon. I haven’t been able to play on 3 different maps since the game came out. All of the gamemodes. It’s quite frustrating. Dice had better fix this…

2. Neighborhood Friendly Poster
    November 3rd, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Well thats good to here but i fine it extremely unacceptable for EA/DICE to release a game in the state that was in. They should concentrate on making the game rather then tryin to rush it out.

3. Jack
    November 3rd, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I hope these crashes and freezes do not damage graphic cards, seen that before on unstable fps games!

4. Orcs
    November 3rd, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I will never pre-order a game because of issues like this. It is not worth it.

• Mckoon27
      November 11th, 2013 at 9:50 am

Very well said, everyone else crys but they still give EA there money. We would get a working game on launch if we the masses refused to preorder, EA’s main goal is to make money not patches or stable games, thats just a means to an end.

5. Johnny Neat
    November 3rd, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Weren’t these issues experienced in BF3? The sound and crashes were experienced by myself and friends for a minute. It caused me many a headaches and pals dropped BF3 all together never to return because of annoying issues that took too long to be fixed, if at all. I hope this garbage gets fixed before the next gen consoles show up. I don’t want a repeat of BF3.

• name
      November 7th, 2013 at 10:12 am

• rob
      November 13th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

yeah they did I got rid of battlefield 3 because it kept freezing during first match. to much game not enough console.

6. pm
    November 3rd, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Works fine for me – had two crashes so far, one of which was the server going down, so on par with BF3 at the moment. Occasional minor audio issues.

I had some issues with lag at the start, but found games.on.net servers to be pretty good for Aus.

Fantastic game!

7. bux
    November 3rd, 2013 at 6:41 pm

The PC version is indeed nearly unplayable. Can confirm many disconnects, server crashes, client crashes, audio bugs, and little design faults, too. For example, rebinding gadget 1 does not work (unless you rebind another command… underslung something… to the same key). Did DICE really think no one would rebind gadget 1? Multiple visits to the support forum just to get rolling? No thanks.

Do not buy Battlefield 4 for PC in its current state.

8. flamingfirewolf
    November 3rd, 2013 at 8:46 pm

i will have to say that i am having not that many issues and i feel sorry for the people that are. (i am playing BF4 on PC in Australia and on Australian servers) i have some servers crash and a few times my side has crashed but i have never lost my stats…..yet………i am having some problems with the hit box thingy as does everyone.
    my PC specs are not the best but seem to work…..
    GPU: AMD HD7770 duel fan black edition
    CPU: intel i3 sixcore
    power supply: 550W
    running: windows 7 home premium
    HDD: 1T

as i said, my PC specs are not the best but i seem to not have as many issues……. if you can make any sense of it, please tell other people so that they may be able to at least play the game they bought.
    thanks

-flamingfirewolf-
    ps: it still worked just fine before i updated my drivers……..

9. sidikus284
    November 3rd, 2013 at 11:09 pm

One would think that after the release of bf3 and the numerous patches and updates that had to be applied to make the game run at all,that dice would’ve learned something. One would be wrong,evidently. Apparently releasing an unfinished game and making profit is more important than making your fans happy. Dice,how did this game escape the studio? The console version,which I play,is plagued by crashes,sound bugs,rampant latency issues,visual issues like render lag that cause enemies to disappear. Pc people,you’re not alone. Dice,get to it.

10. Arman
    November 4th, 2013 at 6:06 am

I have a gtx 770m, 331.65 nvidia drivers, windows 8.1. The only way to keep playing bf4 in my comp is to reinstall the graphics driver everytime I turn on the machine. Otherwise, I will start to get flashing/disappearing objects and textures, and flickering artifacts and orbs.

• homer
      November 4th, 2013 at 10:08 am

thats cause Nvidia sucks =P

• fox
      November 7th, 2013 at 5:36 am

i have a 770m and its overclocked on that driver and runs smooooove, aside from the crashing bulshet. use intel XTU to up the max multiplier 13.5x and afterburner to up clocks +130, safe and never breaks 70C. bf4 has been decent to me so far with my setup.

11. Tyrane
    November 4th, 2013 at 6:26 am

I play on Xbox 360 and I’ve experienced 0 problems in all the time I’ve played. Great game for me!

12. Joel
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:30 am

My game plays pretty fantastically, have had a server crash or 2 but other then that the game is great.

13. Chance
    November 4th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I wish people weren’t so impatient. I bet that DICE could have made this game a LOT better if they had an extra year to make BF4.

• Jason
      November 6th, 2013 at 9:13 am

Extra year. They’ve had 3

• You're Hilarious.
        November 12th, 2013 at 1:53 am

A game this massive needs more than 3 if you’re expecting perfection.

• ...
          November 13th, 2013 at 6:55 pm

U can’t really expect them to give it out quick cause that’s not how battlefield does its stuff it takes time to make a game how people want it to be it ur talking about these types of games

• EA Hater/DICE appreciator
      November 11th, 2013 at 11:17 pm

You must understand that DICE is a quality company, that was bought out by a shit company that doesn’t care about quality. EA forces a release date, regardless of how good it is. DICE is working with brand new technology that they invented. They needed a lot of time, and they were not given it. Three years isn’t anything compared to what it took infinity ward to make MW4, as I refer to it as. They “created” a game that can be affected. A ‘first’ as they say. But you must be patient. DICE will balance out.

14. N-Shifter
    November 4th, 2013 at 4:08 pm

No issues on the PS3 yet, hopefully it’s this smooth a release on the next gen consoles as well.

15. AtlasX01
    November 5th, 2013 at 8:53 am

has anyone else noticed the hit-marker glitch…. I play Xbox 360 version and Ive seen it happen from time to time. Basically your hit-markers just don’t appear when hitting your target, this can even happen in the test range to…..
    As far as Xbox server issues its the same thing constant crashing on the maps (Hainan and Dawnbreaker mostly) and sound issues, however these don’t really bug me but it would be nice if they were fixed, and lastly the stat being reset glitch….. I want this to be fixed as quickly as possible cause i lost attachments to guns and upgrades to vehicles cause of this also all my battle packs were reset. I just want all the stuff I unlocked prior to this glitch back and to continue playing without the fear of losing levels.

Ive never been a big fan of EA to begin with but this just proves to me that they don’t care about the game content or condition the just want the money and that’s just sad……

• Badlad
      November 9th, 2013 at 8:40 am

Yeh I played for an entire night without the hit markers last night.

It’s seriously frustrating.

It came back today but now I it’s totally unplayable again due to freezing and massive lagging.

It’s just not good enough DICE.

16. Michael
    November 5th, 2013 at 7:45 pm

I’m on ps3 it’s keep crashing on me. Before I didn’t have this problem unit to day it crash on me about 3 times in a row I check the CD no marks please fix this

17. Bellic0se
    November 5th, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Your damn right they better fix this I’m getting pissed off just thinking about it because I also have given up

18. zepp1s
    November 5th, 2013 at 11:41 pm

This is just amazing what kinda crap they make cause they have to BE THE FIRST on release with COD.
    Why they just cant wait until product is working properly and then release it??
    People will buy it more certainly cause they will know that it works.
    Now they are just pissing people off cause they launched shit like this.
    I have all bf´s and always loved the game but year after year it goes worse.
    About 6 months from release the game is playble and then il start to play it as does all my friends who has been playing bf´s from the begenning.
    Dice FFS stop releasing unfinished games!!

• Thomas
      November 12th, 2013 at 1:54 am

Dice is a great company, EA isn’t. Do you think a quality Swedish company like Dice wanted to release this? No, EA did. Stunts like this are why EA has won the award of “Worst company of the year”.

19. James
    November 6th, 2013 at 7:21 am

Bought the game a few days after release.. I’ve not been able to connect one time. I’ve tried all the tips, tricks etc. This game reminds me of SimCIty or Warfighter

20. CrazeVal4
    November 6th, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Can’t agree more. Given up playing makes me so mad wasted $70

21. Dan
    November 6th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

This is the worst made game i have played. I pre ordered this crap???? So since it is HORRIBLE do you think we can all get refunds and tell DICE to pound sand???? FIX this crappy game.

• ...
      November 13th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Games not bad its that they released early

22. Ben
    November 6th, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I can’t believe I even still TRY to run this game when I know that at best, I can get on full match in only for it to crash for the rest of the night. Unbelievable that DICE could release BF4 with such horrible bugs and unacceptable crashing and glitches. I try and try over and over again, each time, naive thinking “hm, maybe it’ll work” only to be banging my head on my desk asking myself why did I even try. I’m frickin’ done ’til I know for 100% that this game is completely fixed.

23. Wiktor
    November 7th, 2013 at 1:59 am

mfkin right mate – wasted so much money just to hold this huge game on HDD and waiting untill some patch comes out. Im not gonna play if game is just unplayable. Waste of time, waste of health. This got to be some fkin joke from EA and DICE to make open beta, wait few days and later release game for sale just to continue working on the same beta that was for free. Damn… -.-

24. jungle
    November 7th, 2013 at 2:21 am

To anyone who’s being disconnected from the game (rather than screen freeze) go into your router settings & turn off UPnP.

25. Patches
    November 7th, 2013 at 4:28 am

You all need to calm the hell down ur all lil cry baby’s it will get smooth just wait for next gen ur lucky they don’t charge month to month u sorry a holes bf4 is freaking amazing yes it freezes but u know what new game new engine and to top it off they have a new gen of systems coming out to worry about love the game or sell it it could use one less worthless a holes anyways u problem is ur all impatiens people who cry when something doesn’t work perfectly for u this games a gosh damn masterpiece an u all are to busy crying like little baby to even enjoy it so sell ur game get cod I take it ur probly the topical cod crybabies trying to make it in battlefield.

• farfegnugen
      November 8th, 2013 at 8:42 am

Dude, first, punctuate. your. sentences.

Second, yes we’re bitching. PlanetSide 2 comes out with massive servers and next-gen graphics, and it has fewer netcode and server-side bugs than Battlefield, which arguably had a larger development budget. PS2 is free, BF4 is 60$

A lot of us have been playing since BF1942 or BF2, and this is unacceptable for a game launch. Colliders that are invisible and stretch out past the objects they’re applied to? Constant crashing to desktop? Using ALL 16GB OF MY RAM to play one damned game?! And you tell us that we’re bitching because we’re just a bunch of crybabies?

I sincerely hope you’re either a troll or in sixth grade using mommy’s computer, because I don’t want to have to verbally smack down someone with mental problems.

• Ranger
        November 14th, 2013 at 5:55 am

He patches, your answer smacks of easy touch, did I tell you, you won 43 million on the outer hebrides lottery, if you give me you bank details and crdeit card number with passwords, I will see to it you get it

26. Steve
    November 7th, 2013 at 7:49 am

Completed campaign on the 360, no problems. Frozen 3 times whilst in multiplayer. Numerous times can’t even get into game on line. I am now back playing campaign on a harder level and have had the black frozen screen, had to manually turn off the xbox as everything had frozen. Like an idiot I even paid for the premium upgrade. Would like to know who to contact for a refund or an extension on the 12 month premium from when EA sort themselves out.

27. Michael
    November 7th, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Iv given up man. First I had the issue of trying the game on my brand new xbox 360 4gb and finding out i couldnt play because i needed a xbox hard drive. Now the game freezes all the time and the sound is all screwy. Really let down on this game.

• Thomas
      November 12th, 2013 at 1:43 am

Well you’re just an idiot, of course a game as big as Battlefield is going to need a hard drive to store it on. Common sense.

28. hule1186
    November 7th, 2013 at 10:22 pm

The game freezes and the sound goes out. I brought this game the day it came out plus a new Xbox 250gb. I will get the Xbox one when it comes out as well. Dice you have to do better if you want to keep your fan base. Once you lose that the company will go under.

29. STATETRPR
    November 7th, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Embarrassing DICE/EA… utterly shocked at my decision to buy this game. WTF was I thinking? Should have waited until black friday and paid $29..FML

30. canadian bacon
    November 8th, 2013 at 3:28 am

ok before everyone gets made gta5 had the same issues yes they fixed most of them why should we be surprised by bugs and issues they cant just have a beta and boom all issues fixed and such. they will get fixed in time when there so many people jumping on servers and create lag and such its also still in test run. if you dont like it go play your shitty cod and run around with your knife with those 12 year olds im battlefield vet and issues are issues that is that.

• ...
      November 13th, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I know does anyone know how to wait anymore?

31. canadian bacon
    November 8th, 2013 at 3:29 am

mad****

32. Atom80
    November 8th, 2013 at 4:41 am

no more crashing with driver 320.63 on my gtx 770

33. mr. sad
    November 8th, 2013 at 7:19 am

I’ll buy better cod: ghosts…

34. parker shane
    November 8th, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I am convinced that DICE an EA have either placed these bugs in the ps3 and xbox 360 versions to trick people into buying the new gen consoles as soon as possible. Making people think that their consoles are obsolete or breaking down even though many of us have brand new consoles and have had zero previous issues with them. I am very angry about this marketing scheme, it is not honest. I’m not sure DICE or EA have some sort of deal with Microsoft and Sony for this, but either way they better get their shit together because no one is happy about this. I have also heard the same things about assassins creed.

35. Matt
    November 9th, 2013 at 2:34 am

Personally I’ve had a few crashes but the audio bug annoys me more than anything else. The games seems rushed, probably to beat COD. They needent have bothered as COD has it’s own issues.

It seems that both rushed their product to market.

36. Rens Voeten
    November 9th, 2013 at 4:39 am

The game itself (the core gameplay in multiplayer) is really nice. I quite enjoy it, but there’s just too much shit going on at the moment with the multiplayer barely working properly.
    All the servers are hugely sensitive to any form of lag. Got a 120Mbit internet connection but that doesnt matter at all. Tanks are undrivable. The sound loops are so terrible that I cant even hear anyone walking or driving behind or in front of me and get killed because of it 90% of the time. The Beta map shanghai worked fine in beta, now it crashes my pc when the building drops?

I’ve seen blue textures of cars, making it feel like im in some kind of developer alpha phase, yet Ive got the latest nvidia drivers with a GTX 680 lightning. Nothing helps..

I barely had the motivation to play since the game came out simply because im waiting for patches to make it acceptable again.

37. Cold Canuck
    November 9th, 2013 at 7:04 am

Weird stuff….the beta worked just fine for me, smooth frame rate, no lag at all, then I installed the full game based on that experience. With a system well within the recommended specs, I should be playing right now….I can’t even get two minutes into the campaign, let alone the multiplayer side.

All video games have issues on launch, but this final version shouldn’t have been put to market…there is little chance that they weren’t aware of problems on this scale, but chose to launch it anyway.
    I play both BF and Cod, I always have. Cod Ghosts advertises higher minimum specs, yet it yet to even belch on my system.
    I’ll be patient and wait for a fix, but only so long.

38. Megan Fox
    November 9th, 2013 at 8:11 am

Any of you begin to think they tested the game ran it on many servers and used the beta. Then it releases to the public and wham there servers are trying to out put the game with what like a billion people all other the world playing this game…. yeah its not so easy just let them get there game together and it will be fixed soon enough. im sure of it. and for getting your money back. ha that’s a joke if you think they would ever do that your stupider then YOU think;)

• FRAG INSTEIN (PS3)
      November 9th, 2013 at 7:07 pm

The final version should have never gotten released when it did. yes most online multiplayer games have issues however there are way to many issues then there should be across all platform’s with this game. I am a huge fan and would never drop the game over this crap they will get it fixed eventually. Everyone has a right to get upset. After all they did spend their hard earned money on a game that is not working now not to mention a lot of people to OK off work and stood in line to get the game. So obviously people take these issues very personal. In the meantime Ill pick up a book and read for now and wait for the patches. You calling someone stupid is the only joke on this thread!

39. HNIC
    November 9th, 2013 at 9:03 am

love how it’s agree with you or be a fanboy 🙂

40. Just a bf fan
    November 9th, 2013 at 9:34 am

shocked! £50 in the psn store! Wow dice must be laughing! Ching Ching! I feel violated that they can put a game out to sell and it’s not finished! And I bought it! Can u get refunds from the psn store? Or sue the people involved who made it? Give me some information on who to ring

41. Jake Thompson
    November 9th, 2013 at 10:00 am

Same. Every time I try to enter a match my game freezes on the loading screen. Beyond pissed that I spent 60$ on something I can’t even play

42. Freez on PS3
    November 9th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

After the first freeze it now freezes every 15 minutes. Fix the game I spent $116 for premium and you gave me crap. I want my money back so I can buy COD

43. Calijd
    November 9th, 2013 at 5:47 pm

For 360….. Try and delete the 6mb download or update. It will prompt you to reinstall after the delete. Mine doesn’t freeze anymore except on dawnbreaker now.

44. FatalGamer
    November 9th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

so many cry babies, just wait for the fixes just like before, if you’re that fed up go play an unskilled game like cod, which requires no skill, no teamwork and no brain cells to play…then go and look at all the complaints about cod:ghosts

• Ranger
      November 14th, 2013 at 6:04 am

Cant use skill, teamwork when the frikkin thing don’t work numb nuts, and any road, it’s a game fella, go tell yer mom that it don’t work, she’ll have it back to the shop in no time.

45. FRAG INSTEIN (PS3)
    November 9th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

The wall only reason I bought it for ps3 is so I could start leveling up and get all my unlocks by the time ps4 comes out. I love the game what I’ve been able to play so far. Lost many many knife kills and so on. If they would offer a double xp WEEK yes i said week for this huge inconvenience I could look past the issue. I just want my valuable xp I’m missing out on as I can no longer play on ps3.

46. Ben
    November 9th, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Absolutely shocking! I am on PS3 and the number of glitches is insane!!! The progress saving is also corrupted again! Worst release ever!!!!

47. SinizterUrge
    November 10th, 2013 at 12:38 am

AMEN!! Brother or Sister

48. toolooong
    November 10th, 2013 at 5:07 am

The multiplayer usually crashes at the moment the map is loaded and game is about to start. Whole Windows-7 just does re-start!! Maybe 8/10 times this happens. The other times the game plays quite nicely.

49. lil john
    November 10th, 2013 at 6:23 am

i couldnt agree more, I’m an experienced cod player and i know for a fact that cod is better than anything else in the world. every time i go to school all the other 5th graders play cod and no-one else plays battlefield. my favourite part of cod is quick scoping, jenny at school says I’m the best at it and thats why tomorrow shes going to give me a kiss on the playground… i can’t wait. i remember back in the good old days of cod mw2, i was in 3rd grade or was i? I’m still not good at maths. anyway i remember that it was really good game, and that all the other cods since have been awesome because there all the same. i don’t like change. my dad says that change is bad because then strange people with new ideas take away power from good people like my dads hero George Bush. anyway thats why cod doesn’t have any issues because they just make the same game over and over again and thats why they don’t have problems. isn’t that smart…

• JAEGER
      November 18th, 2013 at 5:01 am

oh your right lololololol I bought cod mw3 and sold that an hour later would have been sooner dam traffic lol every game is the same bf4 is like bf3 and moh warfighter combined the bugs will be fixed because the next gen consoles are what this was ment for lag killz still suck but your internet running at choke speed of 785.000kbps means your running 35mbps mine is 65mbps giving me 8.5mbps wow how f’n slow right thank sony and crap players and cheep internet killzone had 0 problems on release I understand why the early release and look at all posts for ghosts same shit different game every1 i herd said that game was shit THE SAME SHIT as before so your choices are play it or play crap with crap players or play half decent game with lag artists I can beat lag I will never buy ever a cod game ever again think moh ps2 graphics lol

50. nazmul
    November 10th, 2013 at 8:13 am

When will this game be fixed and ready for purchase?

51. Paul
    November 10th, 2013 at 10:50 am

Countless times today I have had a few good rounds where I am playing well and it freezes. This never happens when I’m playing bad. But to make things worse my ps3 became corrupt as I had to force shut down the console resulting in losing ALL my data!!!! Absolutely pissed off!

52. THESMOKERhaha
    November 10th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I really dont care about the crashes and freezes since I dont really get any . My main thing is that they skimped on most of the graphics . It looks like they rushed the game to the market and now there are alot of crappy graphics with shit and glitches and stupid textures. How do you bring out the game to rule them all and the use some ddirtycheap old textures on most of stuff . Also I dont see any micro destryction anyware . In fact the destruction sucks even more than bf3 . Please just fix your game and then I will leave crysis 3 and be part of the best game again . Coming from a guy with a gtx 780 with bf4 set to ultra .

53. marnix bark
    November 10th, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Your right ive payed 130 euros for the game plus premium and now it just freezes when i join a multiplayer game

54. eric
    November 10th, 2013 at 5:10 pm

What a pile of sh*t. Cant even play for 5 min without freezing and having to reboot. Im running quad titans on my rig so im sure I got enough power. I marathon crysis 3 without a single issue. Anyone kbow how to get a refund?

55. Alboy
    November 11th, 2013 at 4:24 am

I won’t my money back not impressed I was getting all geared up to play and bang shit shit and more shit I don’t swear so I am sorry if I upset any one EA and DICE expect a return and a lose in money as I for one am sending mine back and looking in to your legal pages for any reason in getting more out of you leeches.

56. Diesel
    November 11th, 2013 at 5:09 am

I’ve had enough trying to play the thing on PC, the controls are twitchy, the targeting mechanics and ballistics are horrendous with damage sometimes being registered after the event even when there was some notable/escapable distance from the line of fire. The initial maps aren’t that great although Lancing Damn looks nice (although Bases are little close to each other for air strategy)

In the end I have to keep firing-up Battlefield 3 just to get a smoother decent game with playable controls, better targeting mechanics, damage registers and general game Physics. I’ve always played Battlefield 3 and nothing else, but BF4 disappoints to the point of considering a refund. I know there’ll be updates and patches on the way to make the game progressively better over time and in addition more new better maps, but I’m also not keen on waiting until sometime next year for the better maps – in particular Firestorm & Caspian Border which are my preferred maps and have been revamped.

57. Dizzi
    November 11th, 2013 at 11:33 am

I’m sick and tired of this, I bought Deluxe, then went and bought Premium, for what? To play for ages in order for it to crash?

I spent over an hour in a plant the bomb game, had amazing stats, unlocked SO much, while we were running to plant the bomb, it crashes.

FIX THIS, I did not pay all this money for this crap.

Just had 8 crashes in a row, I’m stopping until they deal with their bullshit.

58. Jon West
    November 11th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I also have been experiencing issues with the game freezing quite often but typically on the Hainan Resort and Dawnbreakers maps. Very seldom can I finish a complete match on these 2. I also have an issue with there being no way to squad up with friends before starting a match. This is rather disapointing because even the way u have to browse servers is a pain. It shows full servers and no way to tab through pages. Only way to do this is slowly scroll with the analog stick….wtf?!

59. crappyEA
    November 11th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Yes, me too. Xbox freezes up on multiplayer load screen, plus when it works the game is a throwback to old school quality. What a ripoff, EA!

60. Andy
    November 11th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Fantastic game. That is, when I can actually complete one. I hope there are major patches coming soon. New games aren’t cheap. Also throw in pre-game squad ups. Where did that go?

61. Brad
    November 11th, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Great Game! Virtually no problems for me. Get a decent computer you cheap wankers!!!

62. tharapist
    November 11th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Yesssss my game keep getting frozen every time I try to play as support class it really sucks

63. DICE Appreciator
    November 11th, 2013 at 11:24 pm

This isn’t DICE’s fault, guys. They were a company that could no longer support themselves, so EA bought them. But EA is known for its asshole deadlines, and they are extremely shitty about customer appreciation. DICE is taking action. This is almost EXACTLY what happened with the Mass Effect 3 release. They gave one shit deadline, and the good company that it was given to was blamed. Look at the common denominator. And I will bitch-slap the next COD fanboy to plague this thread.

• Dice good game
      November 13th, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Its really not dices fault

64. Still Waiting
    November 11th, 2013 at 11:26 pm

We have a lot of freezing on the xbox 360. We get it during the loading screen and during the matches. It is not uncommon for dawnbreaker to lose half its players on the loading screen. The worst part is, there is no way to join as a party, so when someone freezes, they might have to wait 30 minutes to get back with their group.

65. STILL MAD
    November 11th, 2013 at 11:59 pm

yeah this is kinda beta still, and so fking buggy game STILL. no vet battlepack, or nothing works correctly. Do this rigth, dont sell not complete game.

66. You're Hilarious.
    November 12th, 2013 at 1:50 am

If Battlefield was delivering a game as small and simple as COD there would be a lot less problems. With how massive the game is there’s a lot of room for error in code, you simple little human.

And at least Battlefield didn’t have to pay anyone off to get a rating above 8 (;

• John Doe
      November 12th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

you’ve obviously didnt play SimCity when it came out.

• ...
      November 13th, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Completely true statement. Total agreement from me

67. Bezzon
    November 12th, 2013 at 6:38 am

I’m playing this on a PS3 and it worked fine till today. Now as soon as I get in game, I do 2 steps and it freezes. I have to reboot the PS3, can’t even quit the game.

68. Alar
    November 12th, 2013 at 7:04 am

Why should the PC players have to wait for console certifications?
    I don’t mind patching every day if we get incremental fixes.

69. Christopher
    November 12th, 2013 at 7:04 pm

I play on the 360 and I don’t have to many problems with the game I just had to install the game on my hard drive and it works perfectly fine. Though Hainan resort had a problem loading which used to freeze while I was loading and dawn breaker will freeze mid game but I think it’s just due to darkness of the level.

70. OneGameToRuleThemAll
    November 12th, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Other than a few freezes. Maybe 4 since release this game has been great. Sure the sound is weird. (Only for the first 10 seconds for me and the hot marker issue). This game is by far over the top awesome. Played ghost for 5 days and wanted to come back.

71. Mark
    November 13th, 2013 at 8:32 am

Just spent a 120 bucks on 2 games that suck right now, though Bf4 at least can be fixed with a decent patch. Unfortunately even though COD Ghosts plays as smooth as butter it’s graphics seems like something from 10 years ago, all cartoonish looking with zero realism. I think from now on waiting a month or 2 for the bugs to be worked out till i purchase future games will be the way to go.

72. ralph0024
    November 13th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

is there a way to invite a friend to a squad or make a squad. like in bf3 cuz if not waste of cash please someone let me know thanks

• Dice good game
      November 13th, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Ur gonna sell the game because you can’t make a squad. Just think about that for a long while.

• Ranger
        November 14th, 2013 at 6:25 am

maybe he has thought on it, suppose what he’s saying, is that he has friends!!

73. ...
    November 13th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

……the only thing not working for me is support everything else is working fine. I use other classes until patch comes because support isn’t really the only class to choose from

74. usuck
    November 13th, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Call of dog ghosts

75. BF/COD series is dead
    November 13th, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Having my Xbox freeze from this game time and time again is a really bad experience. I can deal and wait for patches, fixes and updates so long as the game is playable. Freezing every few map rotations is not playable and unacceptable. I understand it is a business and there is deadlines… I see a lot of comments regarding the douchiness of EA and i get the same impression.

It’s a great game with a solid/loyal fan base so it’s easy to screw them over.
    Ask yourself, would you contemplate buying a future BF game? I would
    EA knows this. The developers want a great game, EA wants to capatilize in the market. Everyone needs the wheels greased but I have a feeling DICE knew about the issues and had to meet EA’s deadline. Unfortunately for us, we get a BROKEN game. Im talking out my arse here because I really don’t know how the biz works but I know about investors and deadlines….

It is a decent game however, it will go back in the case for a couple months until its playable….I don’t want to hold onto it for too long if there is no fix in sight….gotta cut my losses at some point… How long did it take to get mobile AA in BF3 for Xbox? the market will be flooded with xb360 versions of BF4 once XBone is released.

BTW, Ive talked to hardcore COD players who arent too happy with COD ghosts. These franchises are dead. They’ve made their billion, screw everyone else, they’ll buy garbage again. Just like hip hop is dead, so is this series.

76. [HMIG]Gen Reznovski (XBOX 360)
    November 14th, 2013 at 7:42 am

EA/DICE NEED TO MAKE THE BATTLEFIELD SERIES FUN AND EXCITING LIKE BACK IN THE DAY.

PC – BF 1942, VIETNAM & BF2 all had 2 things in common:

1) No Server Crashes

2) No Hitmarkers on HARDCORE

Now ever since COD has been released all you get is HITMARKERS…

Not only that hears what Frustrates me MORE.

I’ve been with Elite Spec-Ops Gaming since the release of BF1942 as a Bomber/Fighter Pilot.

I could do ANY Bombing Run or Strafe Run and get kills like if it was Reality.

Now all BF Games do is act like COD –

Now here are Xbox Issues:

– No One Speaks (But they got mics in)
    – No One puts their VOIP On so the Team can Communicate
    – No One Checks their Targets B4 Firing
    – You get hitmarkers on infantry unless its a direct hit with Jets.Bombers.Helis or Armor/Naval.
    – A Guided Missile acts correctly but a 2000lb JDAM acts like a Firecracker (Last time I checked a JDAM is a MASSIVE FIRE BOMB That can Clear 3 City Blocks) BF4 JDAM Wont even Level a Building/Bridge or Destroy Land Armor/Naval/Infantry just HITMARKERS.
    – The BF Franchise went from Good-Fantastic-Best Seller-SHIT !!!

What are the Gamers Opinions ?

77. Rediculisness#youra**!!!!
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:07 am

GAME-OVER FOR YOU!

78. taskforcegreen
    November 15th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

DUDE!
    This should’ve have been tested months before release!!

If this is not resolved in less than a week or two, I GUARANTEE you will see the largest amount of returns DICE has yet to ever suffer through. Millions of dollars lost because they couldn’t prioritize such a relatively easy fix (with the hundreds of staff @ DICE and their counterparts working on the game.

The techs they hire are hired for THIS EXACT REASON…to fix/patch it in a TIMELY MANNER. THAT is how they got the job half the time.

Anyone know any quick fixes in the meantime?

79. Chris dallaway
    November 16th, 2013 at 3:04 am

I brought game with last off wages for the ps3 £44 an play 2min of single player an the game froze had to hard reset then went to multiplayer an thought was gd untill I realized I was only one in server so joined another an since then it crashes within 20sec havnt been able to play what so ever even had to delete an reinstall cuz corrupt my data I been trying to find out when the patch coming out but no luck what so ever they more focused on the pc side off it!

80. Adrian
    November 16th, 2013 at 10:46 am

I went half way threw thru the game and it deleted my campaign

81. Robert
    November 16th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Ok so i did buy BF4 even if i knew it would be like BF3 in the beginning. Dice make a Alpha version and let people play it. Then they sell the beta version and take extra to get more shit *Premium retard* Now as human doesn’t learn from their own experience. How long will this take Dice/EA to fix as they don’t managed to fix all bugs yet in BF3 ?

You are all screwed by big brother EA! They still get their money !
    Also lets talk about cheaters as EA/Dice never do that. First day they managed to crack this piece of shit game! 1 day!!! Now thats focusing on the right spot! Not even a game that doesn’t work as it suppose to do. You have to get killed over and over again by cheaters that doesn’t get their punishment by banned CD key

My advice!

Do not buy this game ever!
    Or COD for that reson

82. xD3RPxPH4NTOMx
    November 17th, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I just finished the download, then played it. It turned out to be very very buggy, the graphics gets all flashy and the screen is all white. I often see the buildings, but I can see my HUD. I seriously wasted like 60$, or maybe not. I have a very good gaming laptop that runs games smooth and fast. Is it my laptop or is it the game|? PLZ FIX, I HAVE FAITH IN BATTLEFIELD! I CAN’T WAIT ANY LONGER.

83. Fariko dungeonz
    November 17th, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I don’t understand why everyone is so annoyed with DICE. the story goes…. Dice was working on a high end initial launch for bf4 but EA being the money whores they are, rushed DICE into getting the game out before it’s main competitor Activison’s CALL OF DUTY: Ghosts. now DICE is just running around madly trying to correct all the faults. It’s not DICES’ fault their publisher cares more about the money than anything else, give DICE a break their just trying to correct the errors.

84. JAEGER
    November 18th, 2013 at 5:39 am

it works accept two sub classes and even I want that fixed for the duel claymore lololol but it works if you don’t use those two sub classes otherwise it will freeze

85. Jarret
    November 18th, 2013 at 2:30 pm

This is what it says:It might take a while before we see the patch released, as it has to go through proper testing and certification.
    Now why in hell did the game not go through proper testing and certification before it was released? This is so much bull.

86. Jacob Garcia
    November 19th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

My game for PS3 works just perfect- Only one freeze the first match i played. however this also happened with GTA V and Battlefield 3…so nothing different to me. the game works perfect.

• loganmikeS420
      November 20th, 2013 at 11:05 am

I’ve never had a problem on my ps3 either, not with BF3 or BF4. It’s my PS4 that it is really messed up on. I may have to switch back to ps3 for a bit so I can actually play some conquest…

87. Jamie
    November 19th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I think since they are having so many problems making this game unplayable I think the right thing to do for dice is to give all free content like 2 map packs for free just for putting up with your failed attempt. A law suit should be against dice right now for selling this.
    Dice there are a lot of angry people over this game I have been a follower of BF for a long time and this is the worst I ever seen. We should not have to wait for the launch of xbox 1 for you to fix we already bought the game I myself for xbox 360 and I have not seen the first update yet. So since dice don’t care cause they already have our money maybe the voice of the gamers should be heard and place a lawsuit. Dice you need to make an effort you had over a month including your beta release to get some of these issues fixed.

88. Ecigs
    November 20th, 2013 at 6:36 am

Love the game on PC and I think it is much better than any console version but this patch needs to come quick! Depending on the day/time I crash every other game and my game just locks up. Mostly on my favorite map too seige of shanghi (excuse the spelling). I hope this next patch fixes things or there are gonna be a lot of dead servers

89. loganmikeS420
    November 20th, 2013 at 11:03 am

I never ever had a problem with battlefield 3 or 4 on my ps3, but on my ps4 it is just terrible. You can only play 3 game modes, TDM, obliteration, rush. At best you can play up to an hour without getting kicked out and your files corrupted. Needs to get fixed soon or I am definitely getting rid of this game.

90. Domo
    November 21st, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I spent my hard earned money on this game for the XBOX 360 and what a mistake I made! At first it was performing fine but now it has started freezing all the time, I can barely get in 1 or 2 games before it freezes. However that’s not what I’m most angry about – what has really pissed me off about EA and Battlefield 4 is the fact that Australia isn’t part of the upgrade offer when I move from Xbox 360 to Xbox One! The only reason I bought the game early was because of that offer and there was no mention on their website that Australia would not be part of that deal, in fact their website actually did say on a particular page that Australia and New Zealand could buy now, upgrade later! I’ve already wasted $80 buying this freezing piece of crap, and now EA wants me to waste another $80 buying the same game again when I upgrade to the One! Forget it, time to go back to the good old faithful COD… at least they can put out a game that works!

91. Nolan
    November 22nd, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I can’t play it on my xbox 360 even why I have 130gb on my hard drive

92. Steve
    November 22nd, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I love this game… but I want to smash the game into tiny little pieces.. its not even the freezes, which are way too frequent… or the fact that occasionally the sound stops functioning.. it also has nothing to do with the fact that I just received my 3rd copy because the disks keep getting optic burns and become unreadable. But to lag as much as it does and mess up my K/D… I am gonna straight up slap somebody. I just put over 25 bullets with an LMG into someone.. aiming through the sight.. with their back to me… in a corner while that person was looking out a window, and not only did they kill me.. that person still had 64 health and they never turned around to shoot me. And I have amazing signal. Anyone else have similar bullshit happening to them?

93. Jonah
    November 23rd, 2013 at 5:01 am

Wow i am so fed up of the system constantly crashing. It is just not acceptable. If i wanted to get mugged i would have done it properly, as this is what i feel has happened. They say lightning does not strike in the same place twice, well dice have sussed this by taking your money for the game and premium. Well done dice for sorting the perfect crime.

94. im compelled
    November 24th, 2013 at 1:19 am

this is such a great game. for the ps3 it rocks harder than ne1 elses cocks. booyah! btw i have had several crashes when obliteration games drag out can you fix? (fyi: crash = having fun til screen freezes and no longer able to do anying with ps controller) thank you for a speedy response. ;P

oh youre hilarious. youre funny enjoy reading comments

95. Simon haines
    November 27th, 2013 at 2:18 am

What a pile of crap bf4 has turned out to be, so many bugs and glitches that should of been sorted before release, the graphics are horrid so much pop up and redraw you can walk up to what looks like 2 posts to find the fence links draw right in front of your eyes, horrid clipping all over the sky scrapper maps its bf3 but with alot less fun…the sound of vehicle’s doesnt kick in for about 10 seconds and my ps3 freezes so often its started making ice cubes…..

96. yaya
    November 30th, 2013 at 4:24 pm

You all know that these problems are just part of a deal between dice ea and xbox so that people will end up having to buy new xbox one or psr 4 to being able to play the game.

97. Ricky
    December 5th, 2013 at 4:13 am

Most of you guys realy need to grow up its just a game and stuff like this happens with all sorts of games its not there fault they missed a few things here and there its not like there never gonna patch it…. Come to think of it after all the bitching i seen i hope they dont patch for you haters 🙂

• Snqy
      December 28th, 2013 at 8:50 pm

And you sir, are correct with everyone needing patience.
      However, you are (simply put) an asshole, with the way you try to reason.
      You don’t deserve the patch anymore than those who are ‘bitching.’
      Why, you may ask. Simple – You’re technically bitching about bitching.

98. Mike
    December 7th, 2013 at 5:55 am

I just can’t play this game anymore! It crashes and freezes every time I play on dawnbreaker!

99. Ceaser
    December 8th, 2013 at 9:38 am

Ha its all fair and fine that dice is working on a fix for the issues which it says is coming soon but so is new years day 2015. It is absolutely unacceptable for EA and Dice to have released a game with out having addressed all the bugs. The question now is not whether and/or when the fixes will come but how Dice and EA are going to make it up to the masses that have gone out and paid for something that clearly doe not work properly. You have taken our money and are dragging your feet with the fixes, perhaps credits are in order lest some intelligent and capable person petitions for a class action law suit. Its about time we the masses stand up against coperate irresponsibility because after having experienced same said issues with BF3 it boggles the mind that these two corporate entities will release something that clearly should never have passed initial beta testing. Fed up.

100. Isiah
    December 9th, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Im new to battlefield and when i got 4 it kept crashing and had a glitch where absolutely NONE of the servers had single person in them -_- i literally can just look at the title screen for 60$

101. Jarrod
    December 12th, 2013 at 12:15 am

some what on console what the hell are they thinking every map rotation when it comes to dawn breaker you crash, and even worse every time you fire the flash-bang launcher instant crash somethings telling me that no one even bothered to trial this game mechanic until these are fixed i will keep emailing support demanding full refund of the foreground of fraud

102. RF
    December 12th, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Also freezes on single play mode for campaign on my ps3. Any news on Patches for this for ps3

103. Michael
    December 12th, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Can’t even play battlefield 4 on xbox one now at all! Constantly freezes and then kicks me out every time I try to play multiplayer???? Wtf?? Going back to call of duty ghost and will not be playing bf4 until they can get all this crap figured out and fixed! Sucks to pay for something that doesn’t even work!

104. Michael
    December 13th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Wow got up today turned on my system and it immediately told me I had an update for BF4! I got excited but now I’m pissed!!! I downloaded the update and now instead of it just freezing or kicking me out every other game I can’t play multiplayer at all??????? Unbelievable!

105. Jeff Barnes
    December 13th, 2013 at 6:36 pm

why would you make a game and change the button configuration after years and give me no option to have the same button configuration that I’ve become accustomed to.

106. J_m21395
    December 23rd, 2013 at 4:50 am

My freezes all the time, they should of just made battlefield bad company 3 cause after 2 bf3 and bf4 sucked

107. LM
    December 23rd, 2013 at 7:19 am

They better come up with the party sytem they had in BF3, because this is really really really anoying when playing with friends. I think the game is good, but how the hell could you forget to throw in a party system..seriously…

108. Jose
    December 26th, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Seriously thank you for freezing my ps3. now i have to restart the campaign it erased all my settings……

109. Snqy
    December 28th, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Well, for starters…
    I know that DICE and EA worked very hard for the last couple of years on Battlefield 4. And I know it’s ridiculous to have such high expectations from such an early release. I’m not here to point fingers, but to all of the people saying DICE is to blame for this… They aren’t. DICE is simply the game source. If it weren’t for the leading team at EA’s studios rushing the release (who knows why, possibly to beat the COD or maybe even to force gamers to purchase the next gen consoles. No one is for sure except for EA’s insiders) then the game wouldn’t have so many bugs. Due to all of these bugs, BF4’s 2013 Holiday launch was decently unsuccessful, which is a darn shame. We all love the kick-ass graphics and multiplayer, but even those with stellar hardware are plagued by the constant freezing and crashes. It’s late December now, and these problems still persist. I’d much rather these issues be fixed than audio annoyances that only last for a few minutes at most. I’m utterly disappointed, like everyone on this post, but I know that there are ways to fix such issues, and EA needs to get a grip and fix them.
    People say that EA is just in it for the money, which is very true. However, those who say this also quote that they won’t ever fix things because they don’t care about bugs – this is where you are all incorrect. EA will lose out on so much money, even with the release of the next gen consoles if they leave these bugs unattended. Not once have I seen a large publisher like EA turn down such an extensive project. Everyone needs to be patient, despite how upsetting this can be, for I too am very angered by the crashing, etc. Rest assured, EA will fix it, and seek DICE to help with the coding. Things take time, people. ~

110. jeff
    December 30th, 2013 at 2:59 am

Still no WORKING Patch released! OMG, this is so back, I couldnt get through to their online help desk, too busy sorting out others I guess@

111. bke1911
    January 8th, 2014 at 7:45 pm

How about fixing the fact that half of the LMGs bullet hits don’t register, Dice?

112. MaSsacre mike
    February 10th, 2014 at 10:03 pm

Freezing just cost me $200 hundred dollars cause I got so irritated that I slapped it around now it’s broke ! it’s there fault ,but no use complaining

113. Angel
    February 27th, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Still crashing and freezing and getting what was already unlocked reset . I’m not going to curse or rant but what I would like is premium for my troubles . Thank you if you took the time to read this

114. Steve Smith
    March 4th, 2014 at 5:49 am

EA. If you read any of the publications/comments. You will know there are a lot of unhappy EA customers that are experiencing pretty much the same issues. Clearly there is a problem. Have the decency to at the very least, respond. Treat your customers fairly. They are the ones that keep your company alive. I’m only here because I have the same issue. It’s not fair to treat us like this.

115. why?
    March 27th, 2014 at 11:42 am

I hope there are some serious changes in leadership for your company….This is way beyond unacceptable. Very disappointing to put your faith and money into a company only to get this. Reality is…. affecting so many customers like you have….. you wont have them in the future. I realize that mistakes happen but you need to be able to quickly overcome these and move on…. it is a direct reflection of the leadership teams ability in doing this.