DICE: entire team is working to stabilize Battlefield 4

The entire 350-man development team at DICE is working to fix the game and the many issues.

DICE on Battlefield 4 patch

It’s no secret that Battlefield 4 faces a number of issues at the moment, the biggest one being stability. The game has been plagued by crashes and feezes on the PC, and players have been reporting various problems with the netcode.

But it’s also not a surprise that DICE is working hard to resolve these issues. They have so far released patches on several platforms, and have released no less than 12 game server updates as well.

And according to DICE, the entire 350-person team at the company is working to stabilize Battlefield 4. DICE general manager — the guy in charge of the studio — Karl Magnus Troedsson says the team will not move on to other projects until Battlefield 4 has been fixed. He added in a recent message to fans that DICE wants to be sure that “Battlefield 4 meets -– and exceeds –- your expectations”.

Currently, DICE is putting the finishing touches on a new PC patch, which is scheduled for release next week. The last Battlefield 4 patch added some performance improvements, but didn’t do much to fix the crashing problems. Hopefully the new patch will offer more solutions for these crashes.

Just yesterday, DICE released a patch for the PS4 version of the game, and a few days ago, an Xbox 360 patch as well. While there are numerous issues with the game, it’s clear that DICE is staying on top of things and working hard to fix Battlefield 4.

1. camps
    November 23rd, 2013 at 1:55 pm

So I should just wait when the game is somewhat complete before buying it then?

• whatever
      November 23rd, 2013 at 6:19 pm

At least a couple of months. If you must purchase it, don’t do it this year. Wait until at least a few more patches have been released.

If you want the best deal, wait until Premium Edition is released.

• Travis P
        November 25th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I would agree, it is a little rough around the edges on the xbox 360. Overall though since the release they have fixed a lot of issues. DICE knows what they are doing so yea get it maybe the start of next year towards the start of spring and just GO CRAZY! It is so much fun!

• Duane
        December 6th, 2013 at 11:54 am

Wish I KNEW how buggy this game was before I purchased it! yet again (even after the patch from a couple days ago) it is still CRASHING! The developers better work FAST on fixing this! or this will be my LAST battlefield purchase! I will gladly switch to Call of Duty, as that game at least seems to be STABLE!

(system: Playstation 3. have heard pc and playstation 4 versions just as buggy!)

• Kristina Henderson
          December 6th, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Calm down sweetheart, don’t begin to start like those on the COD side that complain about their games being laggy. At least be grateful that they are rolling out patches and updates. Just be patient. If you can’t at least do that, why not play other games for the time being? 🙂 At least the DICE team is working on it.

• Duane
            December 20th, 2013 at 9:20 am

and once again, after avoiding the game for a while, what does it do?? YUP! freakin CRASH/LOCK UP! only 17 tickets left on my team (other team had 158) but would have been nice to be online for the points of completing a MAP! Seriously, EA games… FIX THIS SHIT!!!!!

• Duane
            December 20th, 2013 at 9:21 am

ooooo! did you call me sweetheard??? DROOL!!!!! 😉

2. Gendo128
    November 23rd, 2013 at 2:38 pm

When PS3 patch?

• Jal
      November 23rd, 2013 at 3:41 pm

we have already got alot of updates for the PS3, freezes is not so common anymore and servers works alot better!

• taboo8614
        November 24th, 2013 at 8:21 am

I don’t think the PS3 version has received any updates yet. They have had server side updates but no client updates. My game still suffers from freezing and we still can’t join as a squad into a match.

• MrNiceguy76
          November 25th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

The no pre-game squad formation is by design, and will not be changed according to a few posts by DICE on the official forums. They feel the current system of joining poeple already playing on a server is better than the old way from BF3. Don’t ask my why but it’s absolutely ridiculous they are standing their ground on this as almost everyone i’ve see wants this feature back.

• Duane
        December 5th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

BS about the patch fixing the crashes! mine still crashes. and as far as the NEW CHINA RISING… the day of the release was actually not available until next-day. AND, you cannot play the new maps yet, as I have yet to see it in a rotation. and WHY OH WHY can you ONLY connect to active servers with the QUICK CONNECT feature?? (totally BLIND to what map you are connectiing to). And, today (after the patch) I seem to “time out” connecting to the server about 85% of the time (says “check your connection”?? ) my connection is FINE!

• Duane
          December 8th, 2013 at 5:48 pm

And of course! the game LOCKED UP again! EA team: please fix this useless piece of shit game!!! the Batlefield franchise used to be a great game!! now, it is SHIT. I spent the money so I AM gonna continue to play, but this WILL be the LAST battlefield I ever buy unless this shit gets fixed!

• ray
            January 6th, 2014 at 4:06 pm

AMEN BROTHER

• Duane
            February 7th, 2014 at 12:26 pm

It is now February 7th… believe there has been several “updates” to the game, as well as PS3 updates. I stayed away from the game for a while and was playing the VERY stable Call of Duty: Ghosts… Tried BF4 again today, and first map… CRASH/System lock up!!!!

3. Tom
    November 23rd, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Great to see such feedback from the people of battlefield, cant say the same about gtaV online performance …

4. Maverick1776
    November 23rd, 2013 at 10:18 pm

^ GTAV is not meant to be played online. No GTA games should be bought with intentions of playing online. I still find it silly that there is so much crying over the online aspect of the game. The single player mode is the core, and always will be in the case of GTA games.

Hope Dice fixes BF4 soon. I have been killed by netcode lag, people with 1 HP of health, all snipers are some how 1 shot 1 kill, sound bug on Lancang Dam & the Railroad one, there is no meter for how much breath you have left while under water, and lots of other crap.

On the plus side, I have noticed a significant decrease in crashes.
    Can also confirm, that Windows 7 runs BF4 better than Windows 8.1
    Yes, you get about 5-8 FPS more with Win 8.1, but it does not justify stability and lag spikes.

Using i7 3930K, GTX 770 4GB, 16GB DDR3 2133, 2x 120GB Corsair F120 GT SSD in Raid 0

• nono
      November 24th, 2013 at 9:07 am

all snipers are some how 1 shot 1 kill…oh yes… this snipergods went too far.

• Jake
        November 24th, 2013 at 4:31 pm

All snipers except me are 1 shot, 1 kill. I empty clips into people who don’t die. Only 1 shots I can get are headshots if they sit still long enough. It’s like agents in the matrix…they take everything you throw at them, then they drop you like a brick. I’m seriously thinking about returning it & getting a game that isn’t bs.

• Jake
          November 24th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Oh yeah, the spawn system has some issues, too.

• Duane
      December 5th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Well, that is obvious as far as WIn7 vs. Win8… (windows 8 is a USELESS operating system! )

5. ash
    November 24th, 2013 at 1:27 am

about ruddy time dice 4 weeks into the game and it runs like an old women running for her pension come on we’ve all paid our hard earn’t money for it this should never been released in the first place

6. Jurgen T
    November 24th, 2013 at 2:07 am

Haven’t had a crash in days. It could be hardware / driver related though that people are struggling with them. Only issues so far I encountered after hours of playing are

– One hit bug
    – Sometimes the sound is not working on some maps for a couple of seconds
    – Netcode. It is better since the last patch, but could be worked on to make it better.
    – The annoying Blur.

7. Mountain Lion
    November 24th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Hi, I am unable to play BF4 Multiplayer mode. Every time I join I get stuck unable to do anything. This is really annoying. I see others are running around killing eachother but I can’t do anything. Can anyone explain why this is happening and what I can do to fix this? Does dice or EA or anyone know when this is going to be fixed? I paid 60+ dollars for a product that I can not use. This is not fair at all. Can I get my money back please?

8. G.C. Waggie
    November 29th, 2013 at 10:16 am

I’ve been playing the PS3 Campaign for about a week now and every time I get to the beach, the game freezes and I have to start all over… As in it completely loses my saved data. I assume this is one of the issues currently being resolved? Thanks.

9. Kyle Morrison
    November 29th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I’ve been “playing” (on PS3) for about 3 hours today. So far I’ve connected to ONE match. The rest of the time was spent picking a game type and being told that I can’t connect. I’d either like my money back, or maybe a game that actually works. I hope asking for a working product isn’t too much for you, but I doubt anything will change because you already got my money. Thanks for giving me thin, shiny doughnut for 60 bucks.

10. mattkaia
    December 1st, 2013 at 4:39 am

The ps3 server is a bit better but still some problems,
    I dont think ps3 has even had a update, Does any one
    know if ps3 had an update yet. Thanks.

11. AJ
    December 1st, 2013 at 4:40 pm

For all of you complaining something fierce, you need to calm down a tad. This crew of people just brought you ALL a game with tremendous potential. When I say all of you, I mean they busted their ass to develop this for all FIVE platforms! Thats a lot of work to do by next gen launch.. THEN, they listen to the communty bitch..!?. State your issue and be patient, games are much more advanced than they used to be and need patches. Especially this early after launch.

If you want something that works perfect the day of release, I suggest you never buy another electronic device again and go get yourself a frisbee…. Sheesh

• Duane
      December 20th, 2013 at 9:30 am

AJ, don’t DEFEND them! yes, the game has superb potential! but for all of us to spend $50 or so for the game, and perhaps another $50 for the other portion that allows all future map releases (can’t think what it is called cause I am out of the PS3 now) you EXPECT better quality! They have promised updates (which I have received) but NO improvement! it is STILL LOCKING up, sound bugs.. video bugs…. the whole 9 yards! Let’s see what THEY would do if THEY were spending all that money for a SERIOUSLY bugged game! (my guess: you are an EA employee!)

• Duane
        February 7th, 2014 at 12:27 pm

• Duane
          April 9th, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Looks like the server CRASHES are BACK! game seemed to be working good for a little while, now, it has crashed about three times the last couple days playing it!

12. Steve
    December 3rd, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Or buy any other game on the market that just released. They all work fine but I was beyond excited for BF4. It is a miserable failure and if I could get my money back today I would. Such a shame.

• AJ
      December 3rd, 2013 at 10:57 pm

One question then. How long have you been “overly excited” for BF4?… If it’s been anywhere close to as long as me, then you can wait an extra couple weeks for a patch to fix all your irrational instant gratification woes.

P.S.- Support the games you wish to do well and improve, not bash them. Without supporters, any company is nothing.

• Duane
        December 20th, 2013 at 9:33 am

Again, AJ… your post date: December 3rd… today’s date: December 20th…
        SAME SHIT PRODUCT!!!!! so ZIP IT on defending these ass clowns!

I’ve been playing this since Battlefield 2 (on PC). it NEVER EVER had issues back then! but they seriously RUSHED the product out in time for HUGE Christmas sales… next time, wait 6 months while you truly BETA TEST the game!

13. WTF
    December 4th, 2013 at 4:50 am

When I spend my hard earned cash on something, THAT SH1T BETTER BE WORKING!

14. Curtis
    December 4th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

In urgent need of ps3 fix, it freezes and never joins a server it times out.

15. wyatt
    December 4th, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I am unable to play the single player or the multiplayer on this game. multiplayer lags out completely for me to where I cannot move and the single player will not save so its just a useless game right now. which sucks since the only one I bought for my PS 4luckily there are some free to play games that has kept my attention and may draw my attention away from this game

16. douk990
    December 5th, 2013 at 2:10 pm

I’m on the ps3 and I can’t join anything. Last day of double XP period and I can’t play!!!!!!!!

17. SRR-61 Fanboy
    December 6th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I am angry about the ridiculousness of the sniper rifles, I know I’m a Cod Fanboy heard it all before but I’ve just recently switched to Battlefield when my brother bought the PS4 I absolutely love Battlefield and it is far superior than Cod, but I just hate how often you get hitmarkers, even under 12.5 metres a body shot sometimes gets a hitmarker, my brother told me he must be using body armour which is fair enough (from the defensive field upgrade) so that’s fine I guess, and I guess the only headshot kills thing is fine, considering it takes a few bullets from assault rifles, but, one thing that is making me really angry is the fact that it takes a few seconds after I’ve scoped in for the bullet to actually go straight, for example today I scoped in and someones head was right in the center of my scope only a few metres away, standing still so I shot as soon as I knew it was perfectly aligned, and shot, somehow missed and did it again but missed again, my brother is having the same problem, is this to do with the netcode? Or have they done this on purpose to make aggressive sniping harder than it already is?

• Alex
      December 7th, 2013 at 6:38 am

Yeah I shot a guy 7 times in a row 5 of them in the head, none of them hit, it is so frustrating when my shots don’t hit.

18. john nixon
    December 7th, 2013 at 10:08 am

Dice always stands behind their products the didn’t get to beta test bc4 on ps4 was rushed not there bad long live dice boys!!!

19. bigdawg GUNS
    December 7th, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Yep still crashes after the patch… really frustrating because the game is good.

20. Sokssss
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:24 am

Come on
    Lets all cry, 350 people doing what should have been done before they sell a piece of crap, what they work after the fact, instead off before
    it s been like 2 years 1 month off beta and 24 days now sold and they give us this Crap lmao
    We should all RETURN the Game back cause its not doing what we paid for
    and they makes millions $ or now even billions $ get some staffs and pay them well over time anything but fix it, make some people having a job
    350 should be 3500 at least
    Too bad i like that game its Awesome
    but they ruined it at least for me and lots off friends
    No More from them to us
    GET SERIOUS

BattlefieldCrash 4

21. TheBeezNeez
    December 16th, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Playing on PS3 since release. Currently, I’ve been playing for a couple hours and its frozen my system 3 times. I stopped playing for a couple weeks due to this problem and getting frustrated. Especially during a good round. When I booted my ps3 and started a match for the first time in those 2 weeks I froze within the first 60 seconds of gameplay.

I won’t complain about the 1 hit deaths I’ve encountered as I’m aware this is a known issue and being worked on. However, for a $60 product that I’ve been very excited for, I have to say I am more than disappointed.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the franchise and I definitely like this game better than BF3, but it never should have been released for PS3 or Xbox360. These systems obviously cannot handle this game and I very much wish I could get my money back. Is that even possible on a digital download?

I suppose I’ll keep playing and continue being frustrated. At least until I can get a PS4 (though I hear its having problems as well).

I understand a company wanting to maximize profits, but it says a lot about a company that releases a product that clearly should never have been made for hardware that can’t run the game without locking the hardware up completely. And I thought the digital versions were supposed to have better stability. I guess I’ll go play some more GTAV… I really want my money back.

22. Biggens000
    December 18th, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Well I just beat the campaign and went straight into the multiplayer only to find out I cannot connect and I don’t no where to get the updates.I just got the game yesterday so where are all of these updates people are talking about I got it for The Xbox One. When I go to look at servers they all have 0/64 so is the game down or something?

23. jake
    December 25th, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Captain’s Logs: It ia december 25th…. game still freezes on ps3 while playing online… Will go lvl up in COD in the mean time