Gamer rages over Battlefield 4 crash issues

A die hard gamer rages over the numerous BF4 issues in a new video.

We’ve all been experiencing problems in one form or another with Battlefield 4 ever since the game was released, and some gamers have sadly given up. Either they’ve put the game on the shelf until it’s fixed, or they went a step further and just got a refund.

It’s pretty clear that EA and DICE rushed Battlefield 4, and a gamer called “AngryJoe” released a long and rageful rant against the game. At one point, he says “Never in my Battlefield experience have I seen a game released in such a state. It’s a fucking travesty“. We hate to say this, but we tend to agree. EA pushed Battlefield 4 out the door early in order to beat Call of Duty to the market.

Granted, his YouTube channel is based around fun rages against all sorts of video games, but he does hit the nail on the head with his Battlefield 4 rant. In DICE’s defense, they’ve been working hard to fix the issues, already releasing several server updates. Even better, the first Battlefield 4 PC patch went live just hours ago, which should fix some of the crashes and netcode issues.

TAGS: ,

1. GONJAGOON
    November 14th, 2013 at 8:19 am

That gamer is Angry Joe lol. He has a point. I have spent too much money on this game already and barely played anything…

• whatever
      November 15th, 2013 at 2:31 am

Yeah, that guy does make a few valid points.

• Sebastian
        November 29th, 2013 at 10:07 pm

A few? All he says about the game is true. THE CRASHES WENT INSANE!!

2. Keep Calm................. and Carry On!
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:04 am

Okay, so I think he spoke for the majority of the community with this rant.

I remember talking to a friend back in 2008 about video games and in the course of the conversation, he made a very prescient observation about game development companies in general:

“Whatever EA touches, it destroys”

I never really understood the full implications of that statement until I played Battlefield 3,(When it first come out.)

EA has never and will never care about gamers for the very simple fact that it (along with Blizzard Activation), has a total Monopoly on the First-Person shooter gaming market.

Given this circumstance, it is no surprise at all that this game is in the state that it is in.

3. Sacrelicious
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:13 am

How long before someone does a ‘Hitler subtitled rant from the film Downfall’ parody of the BF4 mess?

4. flamingfirewolf
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:19 am

i found that video quite amusing as i watched a Battlefield player turn to what i call a COD player through DICE’s/EA’s problems with the game…….
    but the sad thing is, is that he is right; the game was not ready for release and they really have stuffed a lot of BF fans up. but the question is: has EA/DICE learned from their mistakes?

NOPE!!!
    the BF fans (like myself) will be burned forever as we play the BF series one after the other in the years too come.
    could BattleField4 become the best game ever? (or just until the end of 2013)

BF4 has A LOT of potential but will never get there until the game has at least fixed all the bugs and glitches that should of been fixed in the first place. but until then……..BF4 is just a laughing stock for COD players

now i am not all against DICE/EA as i still love the game but you will have too admit that it was a stupid idea for EA to push the game just to be A WEEK earlier than COD. * and they could have set the BETA out a bit better giving the poor people that got MOHW just to play the BF4 BETA a bigger advantage, something like……they could keep their stats from the BETA to get a head start in mutiplayer when the game comes out*

i would much prefer that the game came out a few months later and they really did test everything than come out a week earlier than a game that should be no match at all. But now we are left with a broken game that we got early while COD players have a retarded WORKING game

the bottom line is that we should have expected this to happen and the people that have still not got the game but is waiting for the fixes are really the smart people here 🙂

5. Sparky
    November 14th, 2013 at 4:20 pm

You know i dont even have to watch the video to see the frustration for pc gamers. From what ive read its absolutely horrible that this game was released. Im getting it for ps4. Whether or not it will be playable i have my many many doubts now. Tomorrow we wil all know if consoles for next gen will suffer greatly. Its so pathetic that we buy crap over and over being released unfinished because EA or whoever wants the cash.

I became a battlefield player late in the bf3 stage. Ive heard of the console problems with that game but when i got to it it was fixed up thank god. Bf3 got me into it very much, main reason im buying bf4 . We shall see.

• Dingdong
      November 16th, 2013 at 7:43 am

And he was never heard from again…poor sparky if only he knew what was coming the massive turd EA sold him for his brand new PS4.

• buechman
      November 17th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

The ps4 version is just as bad if not worse. Ive yet to be able to get online period without the game crashing. This was my first attempt at a battlefield game and honestly not the best first Impression. Im going to return it tomorrow and wait until it actually works.

6. Alkan66
    November 15th, 2013 at 6:40 am

Damn’ true!

7. SouthoftheBear
    November 15th, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I AGREE! EA! DON’T RELEASE AN UNFINISHED GAME RETARDS!

8. Screw Zombies
    November 15th, 2013 at 11:52 pm

What the hell? You guys keep bitching and bitching yet you still say you are going to buy the game?
    Two years later Battlefield 3 and Battlelog still have major issues, don’t you think if maybe everyone quit purchasing Bf4 dice/ea will think twice about their now common practice of pushing out a half assed game that will never really be complete?
    I am certainly going to do my part, my cash is staying in my wallet!
    Maybe one day in the future, probably long after I have outgrown gaming, a real, problem free fps will come out utilizing the potential that the Bf franchise initially envisioned.

9. awexsa
    November 16th, 2013 at 3:46 am

he has a beast PC that can run all these. also he’s talking on skype and capturing gameplay and he has to have origin running. and steam doesn’t take much CPU/RAM to run. And I dont even know WTF OUTLOOK! is. My point is all the open windows have nothing to do with the game crashing.

10. Dingdong
    November 16th, 2013 at 7:41 am

A web browser (chrome in this case) and origin are needed to run the game. Skype is needed to talk to teammates although he could use a less memory hogging voice service. Outlook and steam are the only real inexcusable ones but seriously this guy does video editing and makes a living off playing / reviewing games, his system most likely has a powerful CPU (for video editing) and most likely more than 8GB of RAM (the recommended amount for BF4 NOT the minimum which I think is 4GB). bF4 has a “memory leak”, it eats more and more memory until it crashes it is one of MANY crash causing problems I have 16 GB of RAM and I still crash constantly. His programs are NOT the problem.

11. Jeff
    November 16th, 2013 at 11:41 am

Take it easy! This is just a game. It’s not end of the world……..

• LoL
      December 1st, 2013 at 2:22 am

its not just a game when people are being ripped off, im sure hed be the same about any product he bought and did’nt get what he was told he was going to get, people have paid alot of money and have a file taking up there memory and nothing more

12. Mike_P
    November 17th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Has anyone ever considered a class action lawsuit? Don’t know if it would help or not. Just sayin’. Also, I’m not sure about the inner workings of the business relationship between Dice and EA. However, couldn’t Dice just cut ties with EA? Or, would the same crappy product be released.

Seems the only option from a consumer standpoint is to hit them in their wallets. Obviously, alot of people spent their hard earned money on a crappy product. Tell Dice/EA you won’t spend another penny on their future junk and MEAN IT!

I haven’t experienced too many issues on my 360, but I really feel for you pc guys/gals nonetheless. Seems there needs to be some sort of justice for all of you.

13. Choll
    November 18th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I wanted to leave a comment on Joe’s youtube page, but I’m not ready to accept google+ into my life just yet.

If he knew all about these impending issues and EA’s long term business practices, why did he rush out to buy a day one version of this game, anyway? I’m very keen to get this and I’m checking daily to see when Dice finally get these initial problems sorted, but let’s be honest; this game was going to be a mess from day 1.

To be honest, it’s both mind numbing and infuriating to watch gamers enable the practices of businesses like EA with their complete lack of buying restraint, only to then read their moaning on websites. Is anyone out there behaving like the mature, autonomous individual we all love to paint ourselves as, or are we all simply idiots that deserve every broken excuse for a game that we impulsively pre-order?

14. patrick
    November 18th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

EA/Dice i am done with you.
    i know that it is not realy Dice it fault but they need to make a decision.
    Go on with EA en the next10 games will suck the live out of the gamers
    Or Dice needs to leave EA on the end of bf4 en start somting new.

The screaming is a little bit to much, but i payd the same monney end i expect the product that is promisd.

People dont buy games form EA.

15. Xextreem
    November 19th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

This game is from EA what do you guys thinking good game? Think again please keep sponsoring EA.

16. Joe Dirt
    November 20th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Class action lawsuit will be comeing soon.

17. DiegoDuder
    November 24th, 2013 at 3:21 pm

That is right damm it

18. FraserCanada
    November 24th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Absolutely no more of my money will ever be spent on an EA product. I intend on keeping that promise.

19. Mike
    November 24th, 2013 at 11:53 pm

James, If you would kindly open you eyes before your mouth, you would see that those programs are pinned to his task bar. There is a difference between the task bar and the notification area. Do us all a favor and go back to your i-Pad and Mac and leave the PC to those who know what they are talking about. Your statement about hating console gamers puts you in the category of console gamers for not know what you are talking about.

• Caintt
      December 4th, 2013 at 7:55 am

Hahaha this had me laughing out loud.

I’m still crashing on the Multiplayer. Enjoyed the Campaign but completed it in no time. Bored now. Might buy COD to actually shoot some shit…

20. DonWaan
    November 26th, 2013 at 10:14 am

100% !!! fair play said what lots are thinking !!!!!

21. Xolver
    November 26th, 2013 at 11:20 pm

This is the worst release of a game I have ever experienced. It takes so long to load that when it has a silent failure at the loading screen (frequently), you can’t tell. You just sit and wait until you get tired and suspect something is wrong. When it does load successfully, it crashes anyway. It crashes so much that I’ve given up on playing. I no longer have hope that I will be able to finish a match without a crash. It’s not worth the punishment of sitting and watching it load on the off chance that it actually works.

I will remember that this is all that EA thinks of its release quality. I was suckered into buying the game. Worse, no refund after you’ve played it just enough to see how bad it is. Even worse than that, their support system is effectively nonexistent. They punted to the “community” for some free coverage. This company has failed to understand some basic realities of brand and customer loyalty.

I will not be duped into buying another game published by EA. If you are a developer studio, don’t sell out. They’ll just bleed you dry and leave your IP to rot along with the other old “properties.” They don’t deserve another chance. I’m done.

22. FluffyArcher
    November 27th, 2013 at 4:20 am

It would be good if it were fixed sooner than later . I myself will not touch the season pass till it is.
    I have also had it crash in the campaign a few times
    a big pain in the arse.

23. Patrik
    November 28th, 2013 at 2:47 pm

The only issue i have had is with the installing of the battlelog plugin.

Or well, 3-4 crashes as well :p

24. another angry Joe
    November 28th, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Its November 29, 2013 and nothing has changed. The patch that supposedly was released to fix crashes has NOT changed anything for me; a pc gamer. Seige of Shanghai is what a cool map! Too bad im guaranteed to crash at some point during the match. This game has so much potential yet its sad that they havent fixed the game yet.

Please release a patch that actually fixes the crashes in gameplay. Its the least we (pc gamers) can ask for.

25. tobi
    November 29th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Well I have to agree with him. My game will only load the test range, and everytime I try to enter a server, the game just quits me out of it without asking me or giving me a warning. I’ve never played on any BF4 server yet because of all the problems this game is having. Fix your shit EA and DICE, or else the customers aren’t going to give you business next game, including me.

• Milan Anonymous
      March 8th, 2014 at 4:07 am

Same with me, bro

26. Luck702
    November 29th, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I do think the guy is loud and obnoxious for loud and obnoxious’ sake. HOWEVER, Battlefield 4 is the buggiest triple A game I’ve ever had the displeasure of playing. It’s been a month and my odds of the game or server crashing is still about 1 in 3. This game needed 6 more months of polish. Anybody thinking about buying it should just wait. Not worth spending money on a game that’s still in beta.

27. D dog
    December 1st, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Wow kicked off another match while I was going 26-4. Thank you EA for a great game. Not a big cod fan but it least they can push out a game that is finished. 60 for the game 40 for the premium . Thanks again for taking my money. I know what happened, you used to the money people spent on the game to fix it because you ran out of money during the development.

28. Bobby
    December 3rd, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Last “product” I will ever buy that EA has anything to do with.

29. Fidiuss
    December 4th, 2013 at 10:26 am

Great vid ……it really expresses the way thousands of players are feeling right now even after the so called patch fix………

30. Nick
    December 4th, 2013 at 1:08 pm

my buddy and I KIND OF SORT of found a workaround for the game crashing and the red screen of death. right after the game, we immediately quit the server and rejoin it. yes, it’s completely unnecessary and stupid, but it saves me from having to restart my computer after EVERY FREAKING MATCH. and no, i didn’t actually pay any money towards this game 😀 my friend bought it for me for Christmas. but I will admit that there are TONS of bugs, which unfortunately impact the playability of the game tremendously.

all that aside, when I am able to play, it is a great game. I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt and being patient with them (which shouldn’t be necessary at all, but I believe in second chances) hopefully they can make this game live up to its’ potential. otherwise I will have learned to never buy another EA game again

31. battlefield 4 fix the game
    December 6th, 2013 at 11:24 pm

plz fix the game I always get a crash then my pc goes frozen and I cant press the ctrl+alt+del I get so angry

32. Me
    December 12th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I cant play this game on the storage device ive been playing on. Anything else but my harddrive works. Please fix

33. Everett DeWitt
    December 13th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Subject: EA games for PC
    I too am very frustrated by the lack of help or response from EA. I have a solution!!! Everybody buy a game and keep returning it as defective for a new one. Stores wont give you your money back, they will just give you a new replacement if it is ” Defective”. If millions of people keep returning their games weekly, they will be forced to do something about it due to a lack of revenue. The shelves at stores will be empty for new buyers as well.
    Have a nice day

34. Dylan A
    December 15th, 2013 at 6:10 am

I know. I joined a rush server and after 2 fcking minutes it crashed and sent me to Xbox home!!

35. REEKO
    December 16th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I’ve had the game over a month now. It has crashed every time I’ve played it. I don’t play it anymore, I don’t know what to do. I feel like I got screwed. You got to respect this guy’s honest feelings it’s exactly how I feel too.

36. John
    December 22nd, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I only just got the game, and playing the campain its crashed twice and im only upto stage 3….

37. Chance Trahan
    December 28th, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Battlefield 4 crashes after my multi player games and resets my stats because of a corrupted file from the crash. Is it the game? Or is it hackers?

38. Crashfield
    December 28th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

CoD Is a bigger waste of time, no actual warfare there. Just a bunch of camping noobtubers and quick scoping homo’s imo. CoD belongs in the ocean with all the other fish. As for BF4, my ps3 crashes as I open my bf4 game case… What urked me is the more frequent crashes after the patch updates.

39. cheddartaco
    January 4th, 2014 at 7:06 pm

what’s bad is its January 2014 now and they still haven’t fixed shot for the ps3 version granted its old hardware but not everyone has 500 bucks to throw into a new system or into a new computer I would say I’m going back to cod but that game is just as bad right now hopefully they fix stuff soon cause I’m tired of getting killed because of server issues and glitches

40. pete
    January 9th, 2014 at 2:02 pm

i get to level 5 played campaign from start for bout 15min it crashes no idea whats doin it

41. Wado Wado
    February 7th, 2014 at 9:22 am

“In DICE’s defense”
    No need to defence DICE, he was totally respectful to them. He hit is on the head – EA in protecting their stock price and beat the competition to the punch.

My advice, DICE, get yourself a new pimp once you get this monkey off your back.

42. Joe
    February 9th, 2014 at 7:51 pm

EA will have to buy me a new PS3 after they wrecked mine with the number of crashes BF4 has caused. Everyone of my friends have had the exact same issue. Sunday nights are the worst–maybe because of all of the modded disks being used by people who don’t have jobs or school on Monday morning.

43. wes
    June 28th, 2014 at 6:49 pm

There is no excuse for a poor product. We have all been conned. We have been lied to. One must deliver what one has promised. Every gamer has a right to be pissed. Maybe there should be a lawsuit – seems that EA games was greedy – well, hit em where it hurts – I’m in!