New Battlefield 4 patch improves performance, causes new problems

While the new patch improves performance, crashing persists and a new "blur effect" annoys gamers.

The first ever Battlefield 4 patch (on the client side) went live today and the first reports are mixed. Some players are reporting that some of the crashing issues have been fixed and that the game feels more responsive, while other say the crashing persists and the the patch brought even more problems.

So far the biggest complaint about the new patch is that it apparently doesn’t fix some of the crashing issues. One of the big new issues reported is a “new motion blur effect”, even if motion blur is turned off in the settings. You can see an example of the motion blur added by the patch below (click the image for larger version). The motion blur seems to happen randomly, every few seconds, regardless of what graphics card is used.

Battlefield 4 motion blur added by new patch (image source)
Battlefield 4 motion blur

Players on the official Battlefield 4 forums are also reporting new issues, with some venting their frustration, saying things are even worse (link), claiming there are even more crashes now than before.

It also appears that some gamers now can’t join servers at all, getting the “game disconnected, try again” message, and the famous “Something went wrong” message as well.

Another issue that still persists after the patch is the sound bugs. The stuttering sound and sound loop crashes still appear to be present for most gamers.

The biggest issue, and one that most gamers are reporting besides the blur effect, is that the game seems to crash more often between rounds this time. From our own experience, we can confirm this has happened at least once post-patch.

One good news that many are reporting is that performance seems to be up across the board, with players, regardless of hardware configuration, getting a better frame rate and more responsive gameplay than before.

Just yesterday, DICE rolled out a new Battlefield 4 server patch, and they are currently working on another one. Personally, we’ve played 5 rounds, and while the game felt more responsive, it crashed twice. Which is better than before…

The 1.1 GB Battlefield 4 patch is available for everyone to download via Origin now. Have you played the game after the patch? Let us know your thoughts and feedback in the comments section.

1. Collision
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:29 am

It disabled freezing for my MSI GTX 770 Twinfrozr with Windows 7.

• TouchMyOranges
      November 14th, 2013 at 9:00 pm

We don’t need to know what fans you have for your graphics card…

• Collision
        November 15th, 2013 at 11:34 am

I believe that there is a problem with this edition and not the normal one.

• Collision
          November 15th, 2013 at 11:34 am

there was*, actually

• Ron
      November 15th, 2013 at 3:41 am

There is “froz” in the name of card, don’t expect it stops freezing now! :D

• Collision
        November 15th, 2013 at 11:33 am

LOL

2. Collision
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:30 am

I get that motion blur in Spectator Mode and had to stay in in-game menu for like 5 seconds to get it temporarily off.

3. Collision
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:32 am

I feel the gameplay is better, I have no freezing anymore and it is smoother… I think FPS got up a bit

• Rickard Larsson
      November 14th, 2013 at 10:07 am

i think so too :)

4. PEM
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:43 am

That effect is caused when the commander sends the PEM, its not a bug.

• zombie
      November 14th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

that`s not sense because pem no affect humans ¬¬

in the other hand maybe is a bug cause for the pem and the “game”

• Sonic
        November 14th, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Exactly dude. What are we, cyborgs? :P

5. killerkane59
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:43 am

cannot get multi player to work on pc? help

• Greg
      November 14th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

im with you…. bought it to play online (not singleplayer) and the f-ing f-er wont f-ing play online f-ing F….. (I think there might be something wrong with my keyborard….)

• Klakapintaq
        November 28th, 2013 at 11:47 pm

i’m having the same issure, none of the server windows will load proplerly, i can see the server list, but i cannot join any of the problems, it has been this way all day since they patched it last night. i’d like to know wtf is going on with it.

• rawrawrawr
          December 3rd, 2013 at 5:16 pm

whenever i join a game, about 20 seconds later the game just goes to a loading screen, and closes without an error???!!!!

• Aaron
            December 4th, 2013 at 8:39 am

This same thing is happening to me….i was play just fine before the batch and right after i download the patch i haven’t been able to connect to a single match…thanks alot EA

• Joseph
            December 4th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Same problem, can play crappy singleplayer fine I try to join a server says joining for ages and does nothing. On the one occasion it did actually connect it went into the game something popped up for a second then it exited.

6. Rickard Larsson
    November 14th, 2013 at 10:06 am

Not a single crash for me after the patch but motion blur bug i have now..

7. Darren Elston
    November 14th, 2013 at 10:42 am

Enough is enough I have been a hardened gamer of the BF series yet BF4 is somewhat unfit for sale. So far to date the game has frozen on start-up and wont even allow me now to play a multi-player game. I feel robbed of my money and to me £44 is a lot to spend on something that doesn’t work !! We have been offered nothing from EA. Come on guys sort it out. Where do I stand on taking my game back. I would rather have my money back and spend it on something else. I will wait until the price comes down as for paying a premium for a product that doesn’t work seems like a rip off. Back to BF3 on the XBOX for me, that game is still far superior.
    Once these issues are fixed I may purchase the title again, until then my game is going back.
    Lasermadness

• Jackson
      November 14th, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I don’t buy big games like BF4 on release date anymore, not after BF3. I’m waiting until January after the dust settles, and a few patches have been released. That way, I buy premium, and I won’t get too frustrated with what seems to be an unfinished game. Patience IS a virtue.

• tambo
      November 15th, 2013 at 6:53 am

So true. 100% with u on this. Its totaly unfit for sale.

8. Fidius
    November 14th, 2013 at 11:24 am

patch installed………crashed first game then second game……gave up lol

• Rooster55
      November 17th, 2013 at 2:39 am

game crashes about 1min into each round. I used to get battlefield has stopped working……i know dont get anything it just goes off and back to server screen. I updated everything and re-installed everything…

• Owesome
        November 23rd, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I have the same issue… its just anoying… I already updated Punkbuster… but this doesnt help.

• J4mstr
        November 25th, 2013 at 11:56 pm

id rather play BF3 or maybe wait for it to fix anyone wanna play //////bf3 with me.probably a no cuz i waited for this game.suddenly i realize it haslots o’ crashes in PC

• DarkEagle85
        November 27th, 2013 at 11:18 am

Same with me, able to play for about 2-3 minutes before it crashes

• Polisiehond
      November 18th, 2013 at 12:51 am

Yeah that’s what happened to me too. I tried 4 times to be sure though ;)

9. MIQUEL
    November 14th, 2013 at 11:29 am

It was bad before. Now its totally awful. Crashes in every single match. Motion blur is ruining gameplay, netcode still broken…

Stopped playing now on…will be back after EA gives me something I thought I’ve paid for.

10. Gac
    November 14th, 2013 at 11:40 am

Didn’t think it was possible, but the patch made it worse…Crashing more than ever and getting stutters all over the place.

11. ml
    November 14th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I have more crashes than before… crashes after every round, server just disconnects everybody… loadtimes went down significantly though. Also had the motion blurring, didnt know it was a bug, thought ppl were shooting at me ;) it is still far from a finished product…

12. Nic
    November 14th, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I’m experiencing the blurring effect in the photo too….:(

13. Homer
    November 14th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Crashed about 10 times more than before…. it’s fixed but the game almost completely broken for me….Crashfield 4 hurray!

• calical26
      November 14th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

yea its unplayable for me now ping is crazy started a game ping started off at 37 after a few secs go up to 1000 i checked my inter webs its fine bf3 works smooth they need to fix that shit i wish i can get my $75 back

14. cicle11
    November 14th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

It crashes a lot less now with me, before i got 1/2 games and crash now i get 5/6 games and crash, stange that some people have problems and some have less problems cause i have a low end pc…dice should have waited a few weeks with the release of bf4 but yea

15. Denis
    November 14th, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Pre-patch (meaning, after the first major patch), the game was working fine with the odd crash here or there. Now I can’t even load a game; the server browser doesn’t work. I downloaded the plugin but it won’t install, so now I can’t do anything.

Last time I buy an EA product. I’m done with this company. This game shouldn’t have been released.

• same
      November 27th, 2013 at 11:15 am

Exactly same thing here. Cant just click to browse servers, i wait forever, hit f5 it loads instantly server list. click join and nothing happens. f5 and it just refreshes the list. Y can i no Join????

16. Zillion01
    November 14th, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Hit detection still bad, blurring, sound sometimes disapears, servers crash, black screen freezes and directX crashes.

So be precise plz.

17. calical26
    November 14th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

still crashes and not my ping is just crazy start the game ping is at 30 after play for a min up to 1000 ping is unstable bf3 runs smooth no problme what so ever befor the patch ping was stable

18. Greg
    November 14th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Yeah I just bought the game yesterday for PC (only way to play) and I havent been able to join any online match. After 2-4 seconds of the game loading it just turns off. – Doesn’t crash mind you… simply turns off all by itself.
    WTF!

• Xingor
      December 3rd, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Same with me. Mine would crash a few times before the patch then now ill load up and it just says leaving game on battlelog and bf closes.

19. R Buck
    November 14th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I keep losing ALL progress in Campaign mode after I shut down my PS3. I cleaned the cache as was recommended by Sony, and deleted many games I really liked, but STILL no solution. I am about to take the game back and see if the place I bought it will at least apply my cost to another game.

20. chiefchuckler
    November 14th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

More crashes than ever. Played a half hour game, crashed TWICE.

21. TheGamerBeast
    November 14th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Guys why the Game load too long it loads like for 3 to 5 mins every match

• Monsdelion
      November 15th, 2013 at 3:38 am

Use an SSD. I first installed it on a regular HDD. The difference is massive.

• Giller
        November 17th, 2013 at 6:47 pm

SSD in not the answer, as there are a ton of people not usings SSD’s that don’t have this issue. There is something else causing some people to load slow…and I for one cannot figure it out.

• Tim
          November 19th, 2013 at 2:14 pm

SSD IS the answer. Fact is fact. I installed BF4 on a standard 7200 RPM mechanical HDD. Was getting around what OP said, about 3-5m load times in between games. Migrated BF4 my SSD and it was a night and day difference. Went from being last to first in the server.

22. joe
    November 14th, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I cant even get the patch to download

23. Ben
    November 14th, 2013 at 6:00 pm

@Denis what browser are you using bro ?

24. Benx70
    November 14th, 2013 at 6:02 pm

@Greg if you are playing on PC , have you tried to right click
    The game icon and run as admin

25. Sig
    November 14th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

well everything is fixed for me no more crashes/ freezing no more loss of sound the game seems to runs smoother i could not be happier

26. worst
    November 14th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Crashed first game. experienced the “blur” effect first game. performance is much improved.

27. The Dude
    November 14th, 2013 at 7:10 pm

The game still crashes for me, but less often. Though, one game crashed on me with a couple minutes of playing, which blows.

Overall, responsiveness due to network related issues, such as shooting someone but it not actually “hit” them, has improved. There is still server issues with lag even though one’s ping could be under 70. Which is stupid.

I’m already drinking. Don’t need the blur effect.

28. Talonzme
    November 14th, 2013 at 7:39 pm

It crashes more often than before. WTF EA, fix the game. We paid good money for this and it is crap.

29. Lonny Taylor
    November 14th, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Crashed maybe once before patch. Now it crashes 3/4 games. No blur before or after. Load times reduced but cannot play due to crashing.

30. Notime2p
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:12 pm

The patch lowered my resolution for my GTX680 in game and for my optimal settings on GeForce. It changed Ultra to Low.

31. Manson
    November 14th, 2013 at 9:49 pm

After the game a few games were ok.. but after like 3 hours, every game i played the game crashed in 5 mins.. no matter what the game mode, map. EA’s gotta answer for their bullshit.. fixing all the bugs asap and 50% off on the premium will be fine by me :P

32. Pickles
    November 14th, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Yea crashing for me constantly, $120 bucks well spent… Back to gta v for me until they make a patch that works for everyone…

33. Robbin Bergqvist
    November 14th, 2013 at 11:12 pm

780 Classified @ 3570K (clocked)

Now i have MORE stuttering, even in high FPS.
    The performance is poorer, i got FPS drops now and i didnt Before, the usage on GPU have gone down, Before like 90%, and now 65-75%. decrease graphic wont solve problem.
    i also got this blurry vision.
    game crashes/freezes like 10 times more often.

The game is unplayable for me after the update, Before update it was OK, could have been much better but i could play.
    I know the developers doing all they can, ofcourse they want the game to function 100%, they probably cant even sleep at night right now, and they shouldnt.
    Fix the game ASAP. this is the worst release ever, i have never bought a game with this much problem.
    And PLEASE fix so the Graphics make a full load on my card….. 65%??? Please send me an email a tell me why it is like this, im ripping my hair off.

34. sas
    November 14th, 2013 at 11:37 pm

the game is ewen worst then before after the patch.
    wen entering in a room ewrithing is dark i cant see fast nothing iwe put my brigtnes on the max but no efect .outside is ok but blouri.
    hitrate improwed a bit, wen starting the game mp the first 10 sec. textures grass, stones, trees all are like i play on directx 9 ewrithig flat looks like a shit after that dx11 commes back to normal. pfff what can i saye the game is crap not to mention the kidy animated collors looks wery unreal. thats not bf no more. sry for my eng. cu

35. PoopyShoes
    November 14th, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Game is now completely unplayable, after installing the new update.

Been two weeks since ive been able to:
    Connect to any multiplayer servers.
    Load any campaign levels.

Hope DICE/EA are fixing this again. I thought this patch would have been time well spent. But turns out, it just screwed more people. I guess their too busy counting money.

For no apparent reason, I’ll post my computer specifications:
    i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
    8GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz
    2 X GT 750M (SLI) 2GB GDDR5
    1TB HDD
    60GB mSATA SSD (Cache)
    Windows 8.1
    Nvidia 331.65

36. lee
    November 15th, 2013 at 12:35 am

first few rounds were ok last night, but today it’s back to crashing again between rounds with the black screen and the cursor flashing, that’s it. Please, please fix this!

37. Peter
    November 15th, 2013 at 1:27 am

Patch installed after telling me my system not Compatible (MSI Geforce GTX TITAN 6Bb) what a BS. Was ok before the patch.

38. Robbin
    November 15th, 2013 at 2:06 am

Why did my comment go away???? Why did you delete it?
    Cant you take critisism? and i wrote the best faultdescription!!!!

• Xingor
      December 3rd, 2013 at 4:30 pm

This website is not seen by Dice…..

39. NIDINGR
    November 15th, 2013 at 2:45 am

Total sh*t.

EA/DICE are treading on thin ice. Everyone who bought this game have been defrauded by these clowns.

They have released a broken, bug-riddled game just to beat CoD and expect paying customers to not only pay MORE (premium), but also act as the QA team for a multinational corporation.

The BETA was bad, but this supposed final release is pre-alpha at best.

STOP BUYING EA GAMES. THEY EXIST TO CON YOU OUT OF MONEY, NOT TO PROVIDE QUALITY GAMES IN EXCHANGE FOR MONEY. DICE – STICK TO MAKING FLAT-PACK FURNITURE

40. laurent
    November 15th, 2013 at 3:15 am

Did not test since the new patch , but it seem it did not correct anything except for 2 or 3 people … there won’t be a lot of people connected to play then … so sad … always the same sh.t with games now even on console !!!… and then they whine because of piracy …… money money money and scam … are pirates scammers or game producers ???
    I think piracy is a good way to see if they try to scam us before buying (often useful)

41. Monsdelion
    November 15th, 2013 at 3:33 am

I’m a big BF franchise fan and I’ playing from day 1 BF Vietnam came out. Since then I played every Battlefield and all DLC’s. That in mind i gotta say DICE did not manage to get their games right from the beginning one single time. The worst experience was by far Battlefield Vietnam in 2004. Great game, great soundtrack – cool ideas – but it needed weeks or even months to work properly and caused massive frustration. Same with BF2, even worse with BF2142, a little less with BFBC2 and so on. In other words: I did never expect BF4 to work from day 1. But it’s definitely worse than I hoped. Now after the fix I got it all: Even worse crashes, unwanted blur effects and first I even could not log in. So yeah DICE, move your asses! (And BF4 will be amazing!)

• Ron
      November 15th, 2013 at 6:59 am

I have played BF since BF 1942. This game has gone to toilet now. It is a shame.

• Luck702
      December 1st, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Day one, ha. How about month one.

42. jason
    November 15th, 2013 at 3:33 am

Everytime I join a game, about 30-40 seconds in it just shuts down, doesn’t say that bf4 has stopped working, but it just closes the game… EA the money whore released the game way to earlier.

• Radek
      November 16th, 2013 at 10:35 am

I have exactly the same problem.

• Giller
      November 17th, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Same here buddy. Just closes down with no error message. Was just fine before the patch….now cannot play more than about 5 minutes.

• Pavan
        November 25th, 2013 at 12:36 am

Even I had same problem on my PC. I figured out that my graphics card was not configured for bf4. Added bf4 program to the list. It started working. Now, it freezes at particular point in campaign 5. I have tried many times, still same problem.

43. Kingzolo
    November 15th, 2013 at 4:32 am

Hey guys, actually i dont get the crashes but i lost half my FPS after the patch, anyone know what the problem can be? went from 50-65+ FPS to 20-30 max fps.

44. max
    November 15th, 2013 at 5:24 am

still crashing about every second round. Now instead of freezing and stuttering which i got pre-patch I now get black screen and “battlefield has stopped working” dialogue box.

45. Ron
    November 15th, 2013 at 6:58 am

I got in touch with EA and asked for a refund after playing the game for couple of days. I have been a BF player since BF 1942 and this last game was the ender for me. This game has gone to toilet. EA/DICE has turned into a sweat shop. No wonder EA is rated as the worst company to work for in the US.

46. nord
    November 15th, 2013 at 7:43 am

the game is unplayable

47. TheFounder
    November 15th, 2013 at 7:59 am

After i put my pc in a dmz in the router it worked fine for me before the patch only crashed a few times during map switch but the game was running pretty smooth.

Now after the patch its gotten worse. cant even finish one game without bf4 just closing down on me and not even giving an error message… it was perfectly playable for me before but now it isn’t…thanks allot EA appreciate it

48. No-Rules
    November 15th, 2013 at 9:41 am

Mine still crash after update. come on PPL fix the game.
    I’ve spend a lot off money.

49. Branden
    November 15th, 2013 at 11:52 am

The game just crashed right now. I’m on Windows 8.1 Pro.

50. Akthm
    November 15th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Now it freezes and crashes even more
    I have a sound loop freeze like every 2 seconds on single player

51. Kalan66
    November 15th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Euh this Bf4 takes a lot of place on my hardrive……

52. Damien Wendt
    November 15th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I never had a single crash or problem before the patch
    now I cant even play a round without crashing out

53. TigerMAS
    November 15th, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Not sure about the patch. It was working for me ok yesterday. Today I get ping spikes (login to a game at 40-50ms ping, start playing o.k. then I get these spikes of 700-1000ms and I’m jumping all over the place). I’m not sure if mine is related to the latest patch because I tried various different computers (same issue) and even BF3 has the spike issue. I should go back to BFBC2 and see if that’s having an issue or better yet try COD (get away from EA and see if it is just an EA problem).

54. LimitlessKills
    November 15th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

No crashes anymore, but motion blur is moronic! When will the packs be released so I can buy all the weapons up front?

55. Mattisphatt
    November 15th, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Is anyone’s pc just plainly crashing as in freezing with whatever was on screen and buzzing. It can play for 5 mins or 3 games then will just freeze. Tried turning off hyperthreading and still crashes. It didn’t do this before the patch. My specs are:-
    Gtx780 sc with acx
    4770k water cooled 42.ghz
    840 pro samsung ssd
    750w corsair psu
    8gb corsair ram
    Msi x87 gd65 motherboard

I’m pretty sure it’s not my pc as it was working before metro last light and bio shock run without a hitch. I didn’t buy all that for a pc to get a game to crash all the time. The best bf4 ran was in the beta!!!!

• Silver Falcon
      November 21st, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Yeah, I’m getting the same exact problem. The game just randomly freezes and makes an irritating buzzing noise (sometimes the audio loops too). At this point it’s getting to be unplayable, seeing as it always happens on loading screens.

56. Flatulator
    November 15th, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Worst. Battlefield. Release. Ever. I’ve bought ALL Battlefield titles (including the horrible Battlefield Vietnam). At least I could play them the day I bought them. Two weeks later, I have yet to finish a round of BF4 as I always crash – if I can connect at all. EA, you better throw us a bone for being so patient.

57. Zane
    November 15th, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I never crashed once before the patch, now I can barely get through one game without crashing.

58. Meade
    November 15th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

I’ve had plenty of issues before and after the patch. I’ve only noticed a single difference and that’s my Multiplayer sessions lasting a bit longer. Before I could only be online for 30 sec – 2 min before crashing but now I’ve been on for as long as 15 minutes.

As I said though, it still crashes. Takes me about 10 seconds after starting the Singleplayer campaign until the entire game dies stating “Battlefield 4 has stopped working…”.

I love DICE, been playing their games for a good long while now and think they’re an awesome studio. I’m sure things will be fixed and that people won’t forget that it was EA who put pressure on them to launch the game before it was actually 100% finished.

I’m simply hoping that these issues will be fixed as soon as possible before everyone loses interest.

59. siggyau
    November 15th, 2013 at 10:36 pm

OMFG fix the f******* crashes im going to be telling everyone i know not to BUY THIS GAME , still sound issues crashes worse then ever what did the patch actually fix ? should of bought ghosts

• Criptix
      November 16th, 2013 at 4:04 am

yes please tell all the people you know to not buy this game that will make a huge impact on ea/dice, that will show them! (for those who are oblivious, that was sarcasm)

• Dice Project Engineer
      November 16th, 2013 at 10:18 am

NO i haz family DONT do itt

60. MMStingray
    November 15th, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I have the same or very similar specs to some people here. MSI GTX 770, 4770k cpu liquid cooled and moderately OC’d to 4ghz, MSI gd65 mobo, 16gigs ddr3 RAM and an Intel SSD. Game runs flawlessly @ 60-70fps avg ultra everything. Recently reformatted and did a clean install of win7. Haven’t had a single crash or disconnect and I’m nearly lvl20

61. CausticSoldier
    November 16th, 2013 at 12:34 am

I most certainly am experiencing the motion blur effect. Its as if the patch has caused even more problems than fixing them. I am pretty much done with this game and EA/DICE. I lost 120.00 dollars on this POS. I never ever had this many problems with BF4 and I went from a low end card to duel 560ti’s. Then I went out, bought two 770’s and did a complete reinstallation of my system from the ground up two days before final release and it has been a nightmare of a ride. I am tired of wasting time with this game and I am really tired of the BS excuses and Flashing Neon Light Fixes. This game is trash, some of the maps are so unbalanced its not even funny.

In addition to all the BS problems, Dice never addressed the issue with the broken ladder on the backside of A in Flood Zone for both Conquest and Obliteration. Its impossible to climb the ladder. In some of Dice’s messaging regarding the latest patch the emphatically state FIXED on the issues supposedly addressed. A lot of those issues are not fixed and the latest bug of blurring even while standing still is annoying as hell. I had to take a 2nd and 3rd look at my health and the map as a whole to realize this glitch was really occurring.

Its over for me, I am going to put my tail between my legs and go in the opposite direction. If anyone wants to get a CLASS ACTION SUIT together regarding this mess, I am in!!!!

62. CausticSoldier
    November 16th, 2013 at 12:39 am

In my previous post I meant to say BF3 in terms of not having so many issues as I have had with BF4. I am so ephing tired of this piece of crap I am cannot stand to even sit in front the computer and contemplate playing it any longer. Its not that fun at all. In the Beta, I played on and on and on with no real issues except for low frame rates, no problem, turn down the graphics a little and drive on. When Obliteration was released for the beta I fell in love with that mode. Since the final has been released I have come to hate this ephing game.

63. Pistonhead
    November 16th, 2013 at 1:56 am

I was one of the few that didnt crash before the patch, but now I’m crashing every 2 min…

64. Criptix
    November 16th, 2013 at 4:03 am

ive had the game since launch and have been able to play 6 games so far, seems that if i dont get the directX error, the game will hang 5 min into a match, im really starting to get annoyed by this. wish ea/dice would release a game once its finished not when it seems to barely be in a beta state.

65. Chris Miller
    November 16th, 2013 at 4:32 am

Crashes happen often enough post-patch to make the game unplayable. FPS has dropped significantly, and it’s difficult to join servers. The patch made things much worse. Pre-patch, the game crashed occasionally, FPS was higher, and the worst bugs (other than crashes) that I encountered were 1) Weapons fire lag, 2) Floating or invisible players, 3) Screen tears, and 4) Screen stutters. These bugs were annoying, but they happened seldom enough as not to interfere with the overall experience and incredible fun I was having playing the game. But I’m really disappointed with DICE for releasing such a shoddy patch. Newcomers considering the Battlefield experience have been inundated with bad press about bugs and poor performance for a few weeks now, and the latest patch has only made things worse.

66. Ony
    November 16th, 2013 at 8:11 am

Its totally bad … I cannot even play the game :( Not good patch …

67. laertis
    November 16th, 2013 at 8:44 am

Guys the game got worse for me. I do get better frames but is not the same game as before the patch. I noticed that the textures of the game are “poor” even though i play on ultra settings. The game lost its details. Dunno, what the hell…. Also i crash more often now. pffffffff

68. Spadala
    November 16th, 2013 at 9:36 am

No way! Crash and freezes are still here!

69. Thakazax
    November 16th, 2013 at 10:37 am

I never crashed before this patch. After this I can’t play at all.

70. Michael
    November 16th, 2013 at 10:55 am

A few seconds after deploying into a battle, my screen turn black, and the conection to the server is lost, without any message.
    So if you ask me how the new patch is, my answer must be…. I don’t know, I can’t even play the game anymore. :-(

71. Palleon
    November 16th, 2013 at 10:56 am

I sent it back to Amazon and got a full refund.
    Piece of garbage, released early to attempt to cash in on Xmas.

72. Charlie
    November 16th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Lol, I’m actually crashing faster since this “patch”. Both times I’ve played for less than a minute, died and it’s crashed. Really thinking about returning this and getting COD just so I can play a shooter. I love this game, when it works, which is rare, but I really feel like these issues won’t be fixed anytime soon :/

73. ROFL, is it really that bad for PC?
    November 16th, 2013 at 12:33 pm

So…… do you guys regret buying this game for PC then?

• paul
      November 17th, 2013 at 11:44 am

im still on the fence about that one

74. ROFL, is it really that bad for PC?
    November 16th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

EA screws people over every year.
    Gamers buy their games next year.

75. Mrytrmchn896
    November 16th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Before the patch, I was fine. No crashes or disconnects. After the patch, I cannot connect to any server, at all, no matter how many times I click “reconnect.”

I think the hacker attack message is just a cover for the patch ruining the game.

• Steelrain
      November 18th, 2013 at 11:58 am

It certainly makes on wonder. I thought that could be true also Mrytrmchn896.

76. Carlos
    November 16th, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Before the patch, my game was crashing like 1 out of 10 games. Now it is 9 out of 10. Plus the awesome 3D lightning feature. Good job.

77. lakoza
    November 16th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

hello, the new patch is more worse, now it crash a lot and I have a lost of a lot of sounds in the game like 65% of the game’s sound is gone, like I can’t hear the bomb in rush when is activated I can’t hear the order given by my soldier I can’t hear the shot fire from a jet from the second view I can hear it from inside the jet, some times I don’t hear the shots from my weapon and this start to happen when I just download the patch, now the game is more more worse fix it please, and there is more other problems in battlelog, like I can see my self playing like 10 times in battlelog,

78. boris
    November 16th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Before the patch I experienced only few crashes perhaps one for 20 / 30 games. I installed the patch yesterday, result: I cant stay more than 30 seconds on the map, the game crash and go back to battlelog window without an error message. The only map I can play without any problem is the test range map :D

Good luck DICE !

79. Hawkeye74
    November 16th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I played it since release with only one crash and since the patch I cant even get into a game. I just get a black screen with a stuttery white border and music. WTF???????????????

80. trip1ex
    November 16th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

horrible. That motion blur bug flashes every handful of seconds making the game super annoying to play. Nearly unplayable really. Unless you like torture. Plus already froze up after 30 minutes. I made the mistake of getting this game early.

Forgot I waited for bf3.

Sad thing is the game will be $30 during black friday and this latest bug just says sucka! you bought at launch!

81. WELLTHATSAIGHT
    November 16th, 2013 at 7:58 pm

This is my first battlefield and I understand the business pitch of beating cod to the market, but if it ruins the game then it’s a bad move, which they did. But all in all we can all admit that this game has WAY more potential than Ghosts and I’m sure they will have all if not most serious problems fixed.

82. Paul
    November 17th, 2013 at 3:11 am

Things now working well on my m11x r3. Managed to push it up to medium settings and get 35 to 45 fps, no crashes thus far. Motion blur is a pain though. (GPU GT540M)

83. ken
    November 17th, 2013 at 4:45 am

After the patches the game has started crashing non me with bf4 has stopped working error

84. jas
    November 17th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Uploaded China expansion pack, been unable to get past the “push option button screen” due to download error with expansion pack. I can not delete file and start over it is just unplayable period.. Wtf???

• Adolf
      November 18th, 2013 at 1:04 am

China Rising isn’t even released yet dude!

85. dcthetruth
    November 17th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

This will definitely be the last game I buy for pc. I’m just going to stick to console gaming after blowing 60 $ on this POS.

86. Duane Dibley
    November 17th, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I got the motion blur on one server last night, but not another.

Game crashes with continuous sound loop about one in three or four rounds.

87. EA DICE
    November 18th, 2013 at 12:54 am

It’s too bad some people are too ignorant and non-thinking to do anything but rage like an idiot child…

Update everything manually, Punkbuster, direct X files, video & sound drivers, OS updates, clean junk/temp files from your damn PC, run a registry error scan, defragment, update browser plug-ins, update browser itself to latest version…

Post patch I too had a couple of minor issues, have not had a problem since I did the common sense things I mentioned above. These things ahould be done ANYWAY & OFTEN.

DCthetruth – since you’re clearly a console gamer anyway (if not you wouldn’t have used the term stick too) that’s probably a good idea… There’s a reason why consoles are sold in TOY STORES!

• Looneykiwi
      November 18th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I have done all of this and I am still encountering problems…. All my drivers are up to date…. Also nothing wrong with consoles they are relaxing some people can enjoy both :D

88. Adolf
    November 18th, 2013 at 1:03 am

Some of you people are EXTREMELY PATHETIC! Get off your Dad’s PC and go play with your console or Star Wars dolls.

89. inefekt
    November 18th, 2013 at 5:11 am

never had a single crash, before or after the patch
    the patch has seemed to make the game look better and run smoother on my pc, also I feel it’s easier to kill enemies now, rather than taking 50 bullets to take someone down it only takes a few!

90. sosa
    November 18th, 2013 at 6:58 am

I was never offered an update so how would I got about finding tht.?

91. VASILICHI LAURENTIU
    November 18th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I still have the same eror with direct x and now is more often than before.the motion blur to and all the 20 sec no sound at all.the patch do nothing to better in my case.i have i7 processor 3ghz,16 g ram and the nvidia gtx 650 ti.

92. Dave
    November 18th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Instead of not being able to get in the game at all, I get in and randomly crash up to twice a map.
    The last time a game was this bad was Battlefield 3 release!!.
    I wont bother buying dice games anymore until they finish the game before releasing it.

Game over

93. Looneykiwi
    November 18th, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Since the patch my Nvidia control panel has marked the game as not recommended and when I play characters vanish for a few seconds before popping back up. I use to be able to run the game in Ultra now it can’t even run in the lowest….

94. Arkaady
    November 18th, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Odd. I get a crash maybe once every 3 hours or so and I have only ever seen the motion blur thing in spectator mode. This far from what I would consider unplayable. Maybe I am just lucky?

95. ICBM
    November 19th, 2013 at 10:51 am

Constant FPS drops and stuttering here:

i7 4770K
    GTX 770
    16GB DDR3 RAM 2133
    SSD 250gb

Windows 7 x64
    Latest game update
    Latest nvidia drivers
    Disabled core parking
    Disabled HT
    Execute game as Admin
    Set CPU high affinity

None of this helped

I try from minimum to maximum settings, FPS changes but stuttering and HUGE fps drops still anyway

Battlefield 3 runs perfect on ultra.
    I can run almost every game maxed and smooth

Blame it on EA bothering DICE to release the game before COD:dogs

96. WebTech
    November 19th, 2013 at 11:20 am

Total Sh*t!!! Crashing on my both PC!!!
    i7 4770K + HD7990 win8 64bit
    FX-8350 + HD6790 win8 32bit
    Latest drivers and all!!! Reinstalled Win8 OS on both!!!
    No use… will get COD and may play BF again if EA will ever fix this nonsence!!!

97. Jack
    November 19th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I am still getting the visual graphics but described in the article, and it has been 5 days. Since launch this game has been unplayable for me and I feel so foolish for buying this game.

98. Jared
    November 19th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

How do we download the patch? So far, mine has been completely unplayable. And I know my PC can handle it.

99. SWAY
    November 19th, 2013 at 9:24 pm

THANKS DICE I CANT EVEN PLAY A GAME WITHOUT CRASHING NOW. I PAYED 60 $ FOR A PIECE OF SHIT. LAST TIME IM BUYING AT LAUNCH

100. Jimmorrello
    November 20th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I am playing on a HP Pavillion m6 Laptop with AMD A10-4600M APU and Radeon HD 7660G + 7600M Dual graphics. While before the patch it was quite choppy at times the new patch does feel much better. Game feels smoother. But like many others I still get the choppy sound and now the motion blur thing. Oh and the game still freezes between rounds every few matches.

101. Gpixael
    November 20th, 2013 at 7:48 pm

After the patch my sys is crashing so often now. If they don’t fix this ASAP I won’t buy THE upcoming DLC’s

102. Luke
    November 21st, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Also the compact .45 says it holds 15 rounds? But the game only reloads to 10+1 in the chamber!!

103. Kade
    November 21st, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Absolutely horrible game. Same as battlefield 3. Not worth the money. Extremely buggy and freezes xbox 360 every other game. Wish I could return it. Never again will I buy battlefield because of the lack of effort they put in there game. EA should just stick to sports and leave war games to producers who will actually make a quality game.

104. Mike
    November 22nd, 2013 at 5:47 am

Mine seems to be working well now, that patch I used was only 200+ mb not 1 gig. Freezes are minimal, but can DICE please focus on being able to party up with friends. I can only join into my friends deathmatch, nothing else.

105. Nick
    November 23rd, 2013 at 2:30 pm

After patch still lost my single player save. Been a bf fan since 2142… I’m planning on finishing the single player today in one sitting them I’m going to sell the game. I’m never getting a dice product ever again. It seems your programming gets worst every year not better. What you guys put me through is unacceptable bf4 is the worst bf ever if anyone ever asks about the game i will tell them not to bother and go for cod or halo at least those companies decide to a finished product not a alpha build like dice. I hope you guys go or of business you guys deserve it then hopefully triarch or another company will get the franchise and then we will finally receive a proper bf game. He’ll duke nukem plays better than this piece of trash

106. Martijn
    November 23rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Hi, I’ve played last thuesday, after the patch has been released it was still working. After I’ve stopped playing, I’ve updated the nvidia graphics card Geforce GTX 650 Ti from 331.65 to 331.82 and shutdown the system. A few day’s later i’ve started playing bf4 again and I’ve got flickering basic colors on the top side of the game, while everything else seems to be normal. I cannot see the start of the game, with the map and deploy options, so I just press enter. In game the entire screen flashes and colors are weird.
    Nothing about reverting back to old drivers on forums and make use of geforce experience with optimized settings work for me. Battlefield and Nvidia should work more closely on this. These problems are going on for months now, and it seems the fix of the drivers and the patch of EA are applicable to some systems, while others did not experienced this, and they do now, while others again do not have these issues. With that, I get allot of can’t connect to the game issues. Did they not learn anything from BF3???
    If it broke my graphics card, I want a new one!
    Why do I say that? We also got issues with Photoshop closing unexpectacly after updating the graphics card last thuesday. The system was not responding anymore.
    The graphic card is less then a year old and was never overclocked.

107. RaminDixin
    November 23rd, 2013 at 3:37 pm

The Battlefield 4 game is still in muck. The motion blur is terrible to have to deal with since it appears randomly for no apparent reason even while motion blurring is turned completely off. The game also still crashes, though maybe not as much. Strangely the beta version of Shanghai worked pretty well for me near the end of the trial period. I don’t know what happen since, but it sure has gone the wrong way for this game while in the publics lap. This is not a cheap game by all means and as much as we had to pay for it,(thanks to EA for that overcharge) I am very dissatisfied with it. PC users do not get any type of recorded devices for the excess amount paid for the game and single user still must be played while having your privacy watched by the leaching Origin program. The game idea is wonderful and the players seem to force themselves to try and enjoy it as much as possible. In my opinion, EA has taken advantage of the faithful Battlefield Gamer and placed a deep dark cloud over such a great multiplayer internet game. They should be ashamed of themselves for what they have done to everyone that paid hard earned money for a finished and quality checked game that was never given.

108. Matt
    November 24th, 2013 at 12:23 am

I went From having not a single problem at all being able to everything no probs!! to not being able to play at all!! i checked all my drivers are to date there no problems there it actaully allows me to play campign but the second i load a server for multiplayer tdm for example i get to suit up pick my gun walk one step black load screen an it closes no error or anything is anyone elses having this issue ?

109. xWiZ PanDa
    November 24th, 2013 at 8:33 am

The Battlefield 4 main menu when I click Multiplayer takes so long to load. Anything I can do?

110. Richard Johnston
    November 24th, 2013 at 3:14 pm

What was the name of the optimal update that was prompted as you first started the game.

111. John
    November 25th, 2013 at 11:51 am

So here is my experience with the new update: First off, I am using and xbox 360s. I have never had it freeze with any of my other games EVER.
    Before: I would get freezing as I joined a match, or while waiting to change over to a new map. My whole system would freeze. Every game, to every 3 or 4 games on every mode.

After: I have not had 1 freeze when loading a map…. HOWEVER. Now when I reload half the time, I don’t see it at all. No audio or anything. I have to look to double check that I have reloaded. Didn’t notice this before.
    THE BIGGEST ISSUE IS NOW IT FREEZES EVERY OTHER GAME……IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME. Now I work hard for a living and like to relax in the short amount of time I have to play a game….and to play 10-15 min into a game and have it freeze after all this time waiting for an update has me angry. I really have been patient, but I paid $60 for the game and another $50 for premium……..that’s a lot for having my system freeze every other game. And does it hurt my xbox to hard restart it like that? PLEASE FIX. Freezing before a game was tolerable. Freezing in the middle is crossing the line for me.

112. LUCAS
    November 26th, 2013 at 11:04 am

had bf4 over a month now and still can not play multiplayer it crashes 5 seconds into play every time i8 think the whole game is a total pile of s___t

113. Indra
    November 26th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Bought this premium shit today for 48 euro, played for about an hour crashed 4 times. Best part is now i cant even join in matchmaking. it always gives me same error “can not connect to BF4. please use task manager to close it down.” piece of s__T

114. ranger3711
    November 27th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I’ve been gaming on the PC since Quake 1 came out as shareware. I’ve never seen a game with this many problems.

A frequent issue for me is when the game notifies me that I’ve unlocked new equipment. The round ends. I go into load out and the item is not unlocked. This has happened 4-5 times in the last week.

Last night I was playing and an enemy tank flew sideways through the air and then landed in front of me. On another server last night a guy in a boat was cruising around in the sky.

The screen fade issue didn’t happen for me until the latest patch. I’ve always had trouble with it freezing up, it seems to happen when I’m doing well so I end up losing all my points. BS

Load time is ridiculous, easily 3-4 times longer than in BF3.

We should all write email to our state attorney general. We have bought an item that doesn’t work

115. MrStraightface
    November 27th, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Unplayable w/ Windows 7, GTX 660, FX6200; frame drops and shuddering are incessant.

116. Kev R. Hildebrandt
    November 28th, 2013 at 2:05 am

What a BLOODY pain in the butt. I keep getting the “Download and Install the latest Browser plugin to Play the game”, I down load the plugin but now I can’t even play the bloody thing. What a frackin’ waste of money. I don’t play Multiplayer or online stuff, just Single Player, now I can’t do anything with it. You bugger’s are quick to charge $80 aus or more for these games and still can’t get things right. You wonder why people pirate games and get the Single Players games. But dam, get it right even when you fork out the money for it and then down load an update and STILL can’t play the bloody thing. GRRRRRRR

117. Hybrid
    November 28th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

This game pisses me off!!!! EA you sold me a game that was supposed to work! Straight up FALSE ADVERTISING I want my money back BITCHES!!!

118. Bruz
    November 29th, 2013 at 12:37 am

Setting BF4 and BF4 x86 to run as administrator fixed the Black screen then disconnect issue for me

119. Jaydo23
    November 29th, 2013 at 2:47 am

this game is rubbish, i run the game fine mid graphics 50fps until the game locks up and an error appears saying battlefield 4 has stopped responding. I’ve tried different drivers, punk buster, run as admin everything!

i have a amd quad core GHz
    and a gtx 760

the game is fine while in until it crashes PLEASE FIX!

• Jaydo23
      November 29th, 2013 at 2:49 am

the cpu was 2.6

120. WorriedBacon
    November 29th, 2013 at 7:50 am

When I put how I want the game to fit my screen it just does not stop loading its when its raining on the city is there ya it does not stop loading

121. Fire488
    November 29th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I also have far more FPS than prior to the latest patch, but I am experiencing a stutter that seems to be worse when explosions are near me or i turn left to right quickly. I am getting 150 fps and it feels more like 15 fps. The game has become completely unplayable for me and with client side hit detection plus this stutter I am getting killed by players right in front of me that from my point of view are not there yet.
    Specs:
    Win 7 64
    i7-2600k
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Mobo
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Crucial C300 SSD
    ASUS Xonar Xense sound

122. Matt holmes
    November 30th, 2013 at 5:17 am

Yep im now getting the sound loop crash as well as the game pluggin crash now. The game isn’t fit for purpose yet. Lets face it BF3 has only been fit for purpose for a short while. They could have just added these new maps to BF3 id be much happier they are rushing out a new game every year and it’s evident they don’t have enough time to get it right. And now they’ve released it on console i suspect P.C gamers will be shunted to the to do list. Rant over

123. Brooksie4111
    November 30th, 2013 at 7:05 am

Well EA you’ve really outdone yourself this time. You release a game that Is still broken after nearly a month… but then you keep releasing patch’s that either don’t fix the problem for people or just gives them new ones. Honestly guys this is a bit of a joke. A game as big as this with this many bugs still needing to be ironed out you should of held of on the release… But as for myself I’m out. Game sold, and happier for it.

124. Gpixael
    November 30th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

So giving 2xp to players will fix problems ? What a retard way to appreciate people who bought this game. I will not buy any dlc at All.

125. Chill
    December 1st, 2013 at 10:24 am

I have a lot of stuttering and frame rate issues though. The game is still poorly optimized.

126. Private_Ryan
    December 2nd, 2013 at 12:08 am

Well what can i say i have been a battlefiled nut since the original1942,have purchased most of them without drama’s,i purchased this BF4 a few weeks ago for $90 AU, it seem’s to be one headache after another,i have had sound and video problems,and now cannot join servers at all it just sits there on the joining server blue messege bar,nothing else happens,its been 4 days now un able to use it,

i hope EA is ready for an epic fail on there next battlefield project as im sure im not the only one that will most likely spend that $90 bucks on something else that works it maybe time to convert to COD

127. Mattias
    December 3rd, 2013 at 1:58 am

Game disconnects each and every time (tried at least 8 times by now), approximaxly 1-2 min into the game! Without giving any, whatsoever, error message in battlelog… Anyone else out there experiencing the same issue, or sitting on an solution, plz contact!

• ordo
      December 4th, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Mine does the same thing, except it is 10-20 SECONDS after first spawn.

128. MoPwn33
    December 3rd, 2013 at 10:36 am

Very annoying… I had absolutely no problems at all untill this 200mb patch. Now I can not log into multiplayer at all. Keep getting the “lost connection, check your network” while loading into server choice. So now what? Sell the game or wait another month+ for something I already payed for to work correctly? Not impressed at all.

129. omar
    December 3rd, 2013 at 7:01 pm

yes they are issues still on the online part. my friend tried to play conquest and i tried playing team death match couldnt join the server. did this patch fix the campaign problem? the one that you can actually continue where u left off instead of replaying the game all over again?

130. Jonathan Dearborn
    December 4th, 2013 at 5:34 am

Hint, no one cares that your gamebis messed up. Certainly not EA. What are we going to do aboutit? Demand refunds, boycott EA? Nope, to busy complaing to no one. They got our cash. The attitude is tough, we own your fun. So unless there are actual responsible adults or young people who know how to do something active, like boycott all EA games, well enjoy complaing until another Co. Controls your ” fun” that is in all reality not much fun at all. ECA was a banner Co., in the late 1980’s. Good luck, my games worked fine up until 2 days ago. Now zero servers on commander mode, cannot use mic, do not get a tablet to play this. Chess is more workable. Playing it is not possible, was for weeks. Now, nope. Suppose it works great on Apples slave labor devices. They cost enough for people to get 1st and 2nd priority.

131. Justin
    December 5th, 2013 at 2:10 am

I preordered an Xbox 1 and BF4 but declined to pick up either of specifically because of this. I’m still trying to play BF3 but still having same old problems with EA servers/Connection to session.

I have good connection/Port Forward ect. I will not buy BF4, that sucks, its my favorite FPS too. I guess I will be relegated to playing COD and I hate COD or just wait for Halo 5. Giod job EA and Dice……….you just lost a LONG time customer !!!

132. Rasmus
    December 5th, 2013 at 8:29 am

I experience this on ps4. Others who experience it?

133. chris
    December 5th, 2013 at 10:17 am

installed patch last night. now when I join a server my 2 monitors flash wildly and only thing I can do is a hard shutdown.

134. NoWaitNo
    December 5th, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Having hard problems here. Started BF4, then my last-gen video card gets too hot, and crashes saying an error related to my SSD. Problem solved by remembering I have not SSD, have no video card, have no BF4 and have no idea what I’m doing here.

135. angelrose
    December 7th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Class action against EA should speed things up. Au$110 for the delux edition and $79 for premium…..all of which can not be played. How did this game make it past our consumer wachdog ACCC…..bad dog….let EA sell their s##tty products on our lawn.
    Give back the time you stole EA.

136. Blaze
    December 12th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Before the december 9 update I had litle to none problems whit BF4 online gameplay (except bad hit detection and similar), on my 4 years old PC. After update I cant join servers or it crashes at loading new map.

137. jack
    December 13th, 2013 at 4:00 am

Before the patch my game was crashing but now it just freezes :/

138. Jack
    December 13th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

The big issue on pc version of battlefield 4 is putting 30 shots into someone 1 foot away and them taking zero damage, staying at 100 percent health, then turning around and putting you down to zero health with 4 shots.

139. Kris
    December 16th, 2013 at 12:13 am

I bought it for PS4, and it has crashed about 4 or 5 times ( once or twice after the patch), and had to start over everytime, sick of doing that. It crashed 2 or 3 right after part 5 (after the sea battle), then once or twice start of part 6

140. Dan
    December 19th, 2013 at 7:33 pm

The new BF4 patch is terrible. More and more people are experiencing lag or server crashes than ever before. It is a disgusting product that Dice are producing.. Please concentrate on gameplay and smoothing out the network before putting out anymore patches.

141. Otter
    December 20th, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I can’t say when I have been more disappointed in a game after all the hype at my game shop. Can’t get my money back so I am stuck with this piece of crap. I will say I will NEVER buy another game form this company I don’t care how much of a rave it gets EA games has been going downhill for sometime in my opinion. Don’t they test these games anymore or is it all about the dollar it seems seems that way to me? Without using any curse words I feel that I have said my peace to bad EA your losing a loyal customer.