New Battlefield 4 patch for PC, PS4, and Xbox 360 in the works

DICE is working on a new patch for several platforms, and has already released a PS4 server fix.

New Battlefield 4 patch

DICE is currently working on a Battlefield 4 patch for several platforms, including PC, PS4, and Xbox 360. The previous PC patch did improve performance on the platform, but didn’t do much when it comes to the crashes and technical issues.

Last weekend, we reported that Battlefield 4 was crashing on the PlayStation 4 as well. DICE has confirmed that they are working to resolve this issue. Also, they have released a new server patch for the PS4 today, which should fix the major crash issue (error CE-34878-0) that many gamers have been experiencing.

The PS4 patch in the works will also fix the problem with the Conquest game mode, where PS4 players are unable to play Conquest on the console.

The Xbox 360 patch is in certification now and includes many of the fixes and tweaks from the last patch released on the PC a few weeks ago. There are also reports that the PS3 version of the patch should enter certification at Sony any day now.

Not much is known about the PC patch in the works, but we assume that DICE is further targeting the stability issues on the platform. PC players are still complaining about the same problems, mainly that the game crashes and disconnects randomly.

The Xbox One launches later this week with battlefield 4 as a launch title, and hopefully the game won’t be plagued by the same problems as the PS4 version.

1. Peter
    November 18th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I don’t know whats up with people crashing, I’ve played this game for hours and had only 1 crash.

• Dulayne
      November 18th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Like that means anything, you are just one random person. compared to the hundreds or thousdands of people having these crashes.

• Pyro
        November 19th, 2013 at 6:02 am

Sounds more like nob problems. With a little bit of troubleshooting I completely eliminated all crashes before the patch even released. And yes, I KNOW for a fact that the things I did resolved the crashes, as reversing my changes yielded with crashes again.

• CoD Convert
          November 20th, 2013 at 3:48 am

I am having almost no issues with this game whatsoever.

A lot of people don’t even perform proper maintenance on their PC, let alone know how to troubleshoot a problem. They just bitch, piss and moan like an ignoramus, blaming everything and everyone but themselves, because it couldn’t possibly be on their end… I’m sick to death of all the pathetic whining, grow up people.

BF4 is AWESOME! The issues are minor and I’m sure will be cleaned up in the future.

• Thomas Parsons
            November 23rd, 2013 at 7:12 am

Really dude, calm the hell down. You really think its our fault that our games randomly crash? Yeah right. Just because your’re not having problems doesn’t mean you’re a technological genious, it means you’re lucky.

• mcardo
          November 20th, 2013 at 4:35 am

What troubleshooting? in a ps4? wtf. It’s a gaming console. I would understand in a PC where you have more variables, tons of software, etc… but in a gaming console? nah.

• Mr_Assault
          November 20th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Pyro you really need to share you solution to the world then. Your master troubleshooting skills are needed since almost all 330K users who bought the game are having issues!!

Your remark doesn’t make any sense in the IT world, you solved it by what??? Please let us know what you did?? Delete the corrupt file? Boot into safe mode? Downgraded? Ctrl-Alt-Delete ?? C’mon smartass you make a statement to stand above the crowd yet you have no proof.

The game is broken, one person had one restart, yay for you. It still means its broken, they sure wouldn’t role out a server because only 3 people have issues and the rest have a crash here and there.

• mcardo
      November 20th, 2013 at 4:34 am

you had one crash, I had two, others have 1… add them up… It’s not supposed to crash, not once.

• Mick
      November 26th, 2013 at 1:36 am

Lucky you
      I played the Bf4 campaign brilliant, the multiplayer is pure shit and crashes every time, Bf3 best maps and game play. Wake up dice graphics ain’t everything.

2. BF Master
    November 18th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I think is about map size, and game activity, I have been playing domination since the lunch and I have got freze only a couple times. People sufering those problems should try smaller maps in domination, td or sdm. The most times I have got the crashes is playing conquest or obliteration. Please excuse my bad english. By the way that is all in ps3

• M Norris
      November 19th, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I didn’t buy the game to play smaller
      Non vehicle maps. I bought the game
      expecting all maps to work. Some glitches
      expected as with any new game. But the
      problems with the game are not acceptable.
      Any reputable company would have delayed
      the game.

• BF Master
        November 20th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Totally agree with you but the game is out and the money gone, this recommendation is at least till they fix the game.

3. John
    November 18th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Netcode is still pathetic. New DICE couldn’t properly code multiplayer if it smashed into their faces like the angry fist of thor.

4. bugggy as
    November 18th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

TOP PRIORITY

1. STILL ODD CLIENT AND SERVER CRASHES
    2. SOUND BUG/ CUTTING OUT.
    3.HARDCORE MODE TEAM MATES ICON/SYMBOL NOT SHOWING UP. Resulting in many team kills.
    4.Revive bug where you get revived but you are still dead unable to join the game until you restart the game.
    5.and also the ranking system needs tweaking its too fast with all the battlepack xp boosts.
    6.Netcode had some complaints, got the odd time when i empty a clip into someone point blank to do 0 damage.
    ..few other bugs but they are the main ones that I can think of.

fix them and it will be a good game.

and wtf about the new DLC not putting Strike at Karkand on there instead of op-firestorm!

• gill bates
      November 19th, 2013 at 6:24 am

(PS4) Top Priority

1. Make it so I can actually launch the game with out deleting my now corrupt game profile from storage or having to log out of PSN, start the game, log back in.

2. Make is so I can play the SP game, chunks at a time with out corrupting my saved game. I like the game, but I don’t want to play the SP a 4th or 5th time.

3. Make it so I can actually play any game mode in MP up to 64 players…..you know like it says on the game box.

After that just keep tweaking and fixing the many little things like balance, or magnifiers that have less magnification than the optic its self.

• mcardo
        November 20th, 2013 at 4:37 am

I do think it is normal to expect glitches at launch… these are way too many for what I’m used to. Let’s just hope they fix every major glitch within a week or so…

• CoD Convert
      November 20th, 2013 at 3:53 am

#5 – seriously dude that’s one of your complaints, c’mon man give it a rest…

5. ScreamFace
    November 18th, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I have seen no improvement with netcode. It’s still horrible.

Despite having a good PC and a low ping. Always getting instant killed by guns, having people shoot me before they come around corners. Muzzel flashes appearing after they’ve killed me ect.

A result I have noticed and been recording is that it’s a lot harder to aim. In BF3 and pretty much every other FPS I aim at the target and can track them as I shoot. With BF4 and the shitty netcode, frequently you’re aiming right where they were. The movement is so inconsistent. Tried it with smoothing higher and lower. There’s a weird disconnect you don’t have in BF3.

Crashes have also gotten worse for me this last week, as well as performance. I have been running in Ultra with good frame, not performance often going really bad. Dropping settings doesn’t really change anything of how it runs. I just sometimes get much higher frame rates. Generally around the same, with the same stuttering and drops.

i7 3770
    16gig ram
    gtx670

running of ssd.
    Win 7

6. burn636
    November 18th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

How about you patch in a way to join games as a squad with your friends! What’s the point of playing a multiplayer game if you can’t play with your friends because the only way to join a game with them is to join one in progress. Which is damn near impossible because the server is always full! You guys really screwed up on this game. I hate call of duty but that’s what I’m playing now because no one wants to play a broke ass game. Way to fall!

7. Brandon Copeland
    November 18th, 2013 at 10:46 pm

The game’s FPS is slightly better.. and we have NO compensation for what has happened. We paid 59.99$ (+ taxes) for a game that wasn’t completed yet. Is it even fair? No, we were completely unaware of the situation of the game being completely incomplete. Should we move on and play a different game? Yes, and in the mean time, we might see a great improvement in the game that we’ve already bought in the future. All I know, is that if nothing changes for the game at its current state, it will lose A LOT of player base on a gradually scale. Not all at once, but gradually nonetheless. I hate the fact that EA pushed DICE to release BF4 before it was completed due to competition, and wished DICE could have completed this wonderful masterpiece of a game. It’s absolutely fun and wonderful whenever it actually works, and I feel like i’m actually THERE in the war for the first time in a Battlefield GAME. Leaving this to play CoD just is not a problem, in fact, it’ll actually increase your reaction time whenever we all come back to this wonderful game once it is finally completed. Until then, it’s good luck to them, and hello Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag.

8. SH00TERZzz
    November 19th, 2013 at 1:27 am

Fix net code dix texture BUG fix aller this game…plz

9. Atom80
    November 19th, 2013 at 3:16 am

yesterday i was playing over 3 hours np today 2 crash’s in 1 min.
    I going to listen to some music Garrix – animals

10. Duke9192
    November 19th, 2013 at 4:58 am

What fixed my game was disabling hyperthreading in bios. I was having wild fps fluctuations, couldn’t aim precisely, and stuttering. When I disabled hyperthreading it was like a whole new game, I couldn’t believe it. Ht is only for i7 cups I believe.

11. TR1CKZGFX
    November 19th, 2013 at 5:09 am

To be honest. if EA and DICE finally realised that running Battlefield 4 through origin and battlelog is a bad idea the game might actually run better, Medal of honor warfighter ran through the actual game aswell as battlelog and the in game multiplayer menu’s are way better to find a game and start playing than battlelog

12. Fidius
    November 19th, 2013 at 8:33 am

I’m playing most evenings and not crashing that much now , i can play all evening on all maps most of the time apart from shanghai which crashes almost instantly , and apart from the odd sound bug and net code the game is great and pretty much stable ……came across my first hacker though last night on zavod ……73 kills 4 deaths in under 9 mins either that or I’m just shit :-)

13. BigDaddyDawg
    November 19th, 2013 at 11:41 am

Fix the damn single player save bug as well. Would like to play and unlock the weapons. PLEASE!

14. neo
    November 19th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

coz they care to their f****** business to beat cod ghost! They didn’t care the quality, just be the first to release the game. Players should ask the money back till the problem is not resolved.

15. Jamie
    November 19th, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I think since they are having so many problems making this game unplayable I think the right thing to do for dice is to give all free content like 2 map packs for free just for putting up with your failed attempt. A law suit should be against dice right now for selling this.
    Dice there are a lot of angry people over this game I have been a follower of BF for a long time and this is the worst I ever seen. We should not have to wait for the launch of xbox 1 for you to fix we already bought the game I myself for xbox 360 and I have not seen the first update yet. So since dice don’t care cause they already have our money maybe the voice of the gamers should be heard and place a lawsuit. Dice you need to make an effort you had over a month including your beta release to get some of these issues fixed.

• Marcus
      November 20th, 2013 at 9:30 am

You are an idiot you wouldn’t be able to place a lawsuit they promised a game and they gave you one and even if you did find something to place one with do you really think you’d; One, Have the guts to get out from a behind a keyboard and actually do something instead of sitting at a blog and sounding like a tough guy. Two, Do you actually think you would win in a lawsuit against a company that huge cause its not just dice its also EA and Prima Games. Think about it moron all your doing is wasting your life complaining about a game that is actually good for the amount of bugs it has, you don’t like the netcoding then lets see you do it better.

16. Greg
    November 19th, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Funny how we all cry over our games not working correctly when america is systematically going down the toilet.

• Smegma
      November 20th, 2013 at 10:37 am

I think it’s probably because it has no relevance to this debate.

Would be a bit odd if someone came on spouting political rhetoric on a battlefield 4 website.

• Taco
        November 20th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I’m considering naming this ‘Rogue Irrelevance’ as it seems to happen far too often. Setting that aside, I’m still having issues as well.

17. Stu
    November 22nd, 2013 at 6:57 am

This was my first BF purchase ever. It will be my last.

18. Dave
    November 22nd, 2013 at 5:54 pm

My game keeps getting stuck after setting screen adjustments help!

• Noah
      December 2nd, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Same here, I fit it into my screen and it just doesn’t stop loading

19. Doc Alphabet
    November 23rd, 2013 at 3:19 am

Battlefield 4:

Looks great on my HD flatscreen.

Played for about 4 hours no problems until returning to the ship and battling the boats. I ran over one of them and got stuck on top of it causing game to lock. Otherwise good to go……btw dog tags are on the ship.

******FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ONLY 4GB ON THEIR CONSOLES, YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE AN MICROSOFT XBOX INTERNAL 250GB HARD DRIVE, BTW……EASY INSTALLATION********I PURCHASED FOR $129.99, SHOP AROUND

20. Banana
    November 24th, 2013 at 9:50 am

Trying to play singleplayer campaign on PC… can’t get two feet past the tutorial due to freezes and crashes. I’ve tried every setting combo and updated all drivers – nothing helps. Hard mode indeed.

• FOX
      December 27th, 2013 at 11:49 am

FIX THE GAME

21. Ben
    January 11th, 2014 at 10:33 am

On my xbox360 my weapons and everything else is gone but my rank. What do I do please help I don’t want to do all of that over again it was all a pain to get and all I want to do is play some battlefield 4 and i don’t want to use the starting weapons and gadgets