New Battlefield 4 PC patch coming next week

New PC patch fixes the "blur" effect, the audio bugs, and more.

Battlefield 4 PC patch

DICE has just announced that a new Battlefield 4 PC patch will be coming next week, and will fix several issues the game is currently dealing with. As we already know, the on-hit-kill bug will be fixed.

Furthermore, the upcoming patch will remove the “blur” effect that was introduced with the previous patch. This was the result of the Commander dropping an EMP, but many players found it very distracting.

The upcoming Battlefield 4 patch will also fix audio issues that were found on some maps, mainly Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort. The audio would sometimes drop out for no reason.

Finally, DICE will introduce a new option in the settings to test network connection and give players a recommendation on how to set the network smoothing factor.

Just yesterday, DICE released a server update and a PS4 patch as well.

1. Eddytion
    November 27th, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I thought they said that the Patch with be released this week? :O
    God dammit i have to wait another week to play BF4, cuz right now it’s unplayable for me, 1 hit kill bug happens A LOT.

• ViKreig
      November 27th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I feel for you, I am trying my best to enjoy Battlefield 4. But there is a lot of stuff in it that frustrates me to no end for the time being.
      The one-hit kill bug has been affecting me a lot as well.
      Just try and hang in there!

2. Alex
    November 27th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Oh please, Eddytion, the game is still playable.

I never understood the point of the EMP-blurring.. We’re human, not goddamn robots.

• Methodoc
      November 28th, 2013 at 10:02 am

Funny I was just reading the article and the first thing that pop in my head was BF2142. The commander in BF2142 was able to drop an EMP strike to disable vehicles and gadgets for a short period of time. The effect also distorted your view as infantry, no spotting etc. I’m wondering if they are testing this internally.

3. Vico
    November 27th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

DLC next week, don’t expect a patch this week. Dice only makes patches with DLC’s.

4. ScreamFace
    November 27th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Netcode is still wildly inconsistent.

I’d love to know how much of it is a server problem versus an issue with peoples local hardware.

5. nuspirit
    November 27th, 2013 at 11:42 pm

We need to start an online petition for DICE to stop patching BF4. There’s a couple maps I can still play without crashing much, and I don’t want to lose those too.

6. SuomiTaistelija
    November 28th, 2013 at 1:34 am

“There is no mention of fixing any crashing issues, beyond a crash that resulted when exiting from the singleplayer campaign. Hopefully the new patch includes at least a few stability tweaks, as game crashes remain the biggest issue right now.”

This should be fixed first… everything else should come after that.. right now game is unplayable because it crashes so often, mostly at least for me, it crashes even before i even get in to game….

• GameLad
      November 30th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

What are your specs?

7. Moody
    November 28th, 2013 at 5:06 am

My game crahses when I try to enter the graphic settings :O

• Cantarzo
      November 28th, 2013 at 8:47 am

Well.. as one example for the post above yours.. I’d say this is local problem… try re-instaling BF4, or repairing it… or check if you anti-viruz system is blockin “somehow” BF4 ‘-‘

• bimmerboys
        December 1st, 2013 at 2:54 pm

HOw can you try to rep[air the game?

8. 7thFret
    November 28th, 2013 at 5:47 am

Lets hope that more people have less difficulty with the next patch. My crashes have been decreasing however still not completely gone. I strongly feel DICE/EA should give its customers who bought this game a FREE DLC not just Double XP weekend (which is nice but I sure dont think enough).

9. Capn Cuddles
    November 28th, 2013 at 8:22 am

Is anyone feeling a little left out that their supposed make up presents to the Xbox and Playstation like double exp should be applied to us forever?

These next gen games are getting harder and harder to run despite the fact their recommended requirements don’t stretch very far away from the hardware we have now, and yet when you want the sales they want, you have to somehow get it into everybody’s hands, right?

Maybe I’m just griping at Black Flag.

• xBraidx
      November 30th, 2013 at 11:56 am

Black Flag as in the hardcore punk band?

Also, I hardly had any problems with crashing until yesterday. Now almost every time I try to spawn, my screen goes black and I get a windows message saying the program stopped working. It’s literally unplayable for me. I’ve read alot of people are having problems on Windows 8. I’m on Windows 7 and it is LITERALLY unplayable as of yesterday.

• metalmckie
        November 30th, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Thank Christ I’m not the only one. I was thinking my machine had somehow died. I was really getting into it as well but now I have the same problem as you as of Yesturday it just keeps crashing.