New Battlefield 4 Second Assault gameplay footage

A new EA promo video shows some brand new Second Assault gameplay footage.

Second Assault is the second expansion in the lineup for Battlefield 4, scheduled for release early next year. The Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC adds a bunch of new content to the base game, includes four new maps. The new maps are remakes of popular BF3 maps: Gulf of Oman, Operation Metro, Operation Firestorm, and Caspian Border.

A new promo video from EA reveals some additional Second Assault gameplay. The video features Battlefield 4 producer Patrick Bach, who explains the background of Second Assault and gives us some additional details as well.

In addition, Second Assault includes new weapons as well, such as the F2000, the MP7, and the good ‘ol RPK-74M. The expansion also brings back the Capture the Flag mode, and some new vehicles as well: the Dirtbike being one of them. Players will also receive new Assignments and awards.

For more on the expansion, check out our recent Second Assault news roundup.

November 18th, 2013 at 2:04 pm

My only question is …wtf is a pegi 18?? LOL.

• Are you serious?
      November 18th, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Have you really never seen a video with Pegi 18 in the beginning? …O_O

• Tyrane
      November 18th, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Its the UK version of the American “rated m for mature” or whatever like that. This Pegi means you should be ages 18 or up to watch the video.

• Asgaro
      November 19th, 2013 at 7:26 am

Pegi is a girl that just became 18.

2. Phil
    November 18th, 2013 at 3:31 pm

The levolution treatment is the only thing that could make me like Gulf of Oman… seriously don’t know why this map is there (I know ppl on consoles love it…)

• Bojack
      November 18th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Not me. I always thought karkand should be in this expansion

3. Johnny Neat
    November 18th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

@Phil, I’m so with you! I wish they would have added Strike at Karkand, Armored Shield or Talah Market IMO.

4. ScreamFace
    November 18th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

From what I can tell Caspian is the only map with any significant changes.

That’s really disappointing.

Metro looks like it has some light switches, a few little things like collapsing a a part of the roof in a section of the map that sees little action. Elevators. Otherwise the same. Same derailed trains. So set at the same time.

Both firestorm and Oman have the same construction sites. I wish they’d done another jump in time with Oman to after that was finished, or at least nearing finished.

We can just hope with Oman they added some more indoor fighting areas. I would have loved a Ziba towers type thing going on in finished buildings, or near finished.

Sand storm is interesting, although levolution of a crane collapsing won’t do much.

Same with Firestorm blowing up, might look cool but what change will that make?

I am doubtful but I wished with firestorm they’d also add more interiors. Have some tunnels, have a capture point in a plant room or something.

So far it looks like Caspian will be the only map that plays or features anything different. I still do hope they add a lot more, especially indoor environments. One big noticable improvement in BF4 level design is more indoor environments.

Especially with DICE charging for these, they better have done something cool. Instead of port over most the maps and add some stuff. Considering for the same value in other map packs we get entirely new maps and locations.

5. Yea
    November 18th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Yea ditch firestorm get karkand on there, bs they choose it based on the fans wanting it, most seem to want karkand on there

6. Timmy
    November 18th, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I would like to see Dragon Valley make a comeback.

7. Frankman
    November 18th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I’d rather Dice made some ground-breaking new maps, rather than expect us to pay again for content we already have. That, or make ‘re-imagined’ maps free content for those who own the originals, or just free. Call me jaded, but some new textures and a single levolution gimmick does not impress me. These maps were (and are still) already played to death in BF3.

• gamon
      November 19th, 2013 at 9:38 am

EA&DICE easy money

8. Tiezzynator
    November 18th, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Doesn’t the MP7 and RPK-74M come with the China Rising DLC and not with Second Assault.

• Tiezzynator
      November 20th, 2013 at 7:47 am

I checked it and the RPK an MP7 are coming back with the china rising and NOT Second assault

9. Nick
    November 19th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

If they insist on bringing back old maps (which I think is great) they should consider Oasis from Bad Company, absolute classic map.

Going to miss Seine Crossing as well now I’ve sold my 360 :-(